• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

First boss fight -no loot

18 posts in this topic

Posted

So I've just been in my first boss fight.. Karanda (the big harpy)

I was in a party of 2, but there were many other people fighting it.

I'm a musa and died a few times, like most people did. I kept getting caught with the aoe skill it uses.

Anyways, I got nothing from the fight at all.. zilch. I've never been in a game before that a boss doesnt give any item, even for participation.

So my question is, for a new to boss player.. what do I have to do to actually get any loot?

Posted

Do more damage and don't die.

1 person likes this

Posted

You just need more damage.

Only an X number of people can get the loot (don't remember how many) and if your damage is too low you don't get anything.

I strongly suggest you to start with lower tier bosses in order to get some loot, for example bheg, red nose, mudster or even dim tree spirit. 

1 person likes this

Posted

dps harder next time as even 1 random 1 hit on boss last 5% hp will get loot. your gear must suck  git gud,

Posted

dps harder next time as even 1 random 1 hit on boss last 5% hp will get loot. your gear must suck  git gud,

Well this was inspiring.

3 people like this

Posted

There is rng involved too. Yesterday I hit Red Nose once in the end with my lvl 51 alt (128 ap) and got loot.

Also I did a mistake long time ago and went to fight Karanda for the first time with my main character. I lost 20m crystal and got no loot despite I fought her from the very beginning. Later with my mentioned low lvl alt I started getting loot regularly.

Posted

There is rng involved too. Yesterday I hit Red Nose once in the end with my lvl 51 alt (128 ap) and got loot.

Also I did a mistake long time ago and went to fight Karanda for the first time with my main character. I lost 20m crystal and got no loot despite I fought her from the very beginning. Later with my mentioned low lvl alt I started getting loot regularly.

I hit the red nose once and got a box from him, but it doesn't count because nobody do red nose.

Posted

You just need more damage.

Only an X number of people can get the loot (don't remember how many) and if your damage is too low you don't get anything.

I strongly suggest you to start with lower tier bosses in order to get some loot, for example bheg, red nose, mudster or even dim tree spirit. 

You are correct that only X number of people can get loot. However you are wrong when you say that low damage will result in no loot.

There is a loot pool based off of an amalgamation of damage over the fight, and DPS when the boss dies, seemingly favoring the latter. However there is also a random loot pool that isn't based off of damage. It is, of course, harder to land anything significant in this second loot group, and it's total RNG whether you are in it at all, but you can and will still get loot occasionally. Even with absolute minimal participation. 

Had a warrior in my guild named Renliff get a Dandelion Weapon Box off of his first Karanda kill, of which he hit her only 2-3 times before he died, and then she died almost immediately after. 

Posted

I'm a musa and died a few times, like most people did. I kept getting caught with the aoe skill it uses.

Anyways, I got nothing from the fight at all.. zilch. I've never been in a game before that a boss doesnt give any item, even for participation.

So my question is, for a new to boss player.. what do I have to do to actually get any loot?

I guess your mmo experience is pretty much, WoW.

welcome to adults MMO where nothing is garantee.

1 person likes this

Posted

I guess your mmo experience is pretty much, WoW.
welcome to adults MMO where nothing is garantee.

oh I've played a lot of mmo's, going back to Ultima Online.

I've always gotten loot before.

Anyways, I'll take the advice people have suggested.

Posted (edited)

oh I've played a lot of mmo's, going back to Ultima Online.

I've always gotten loot before.

Anyways, I'll take the advice people have suggested.

we should be grateful getting loot once in a while by randomly doing bosses. in many other mmos, the party/raid with most damage will get all the loot. so don't complain and keep farming them ...

Edited by Isteria

Posted

Isn't the loot distribution top 20 dps plus 20 random? so 40 in total

Posted

Do more damage and don't die.

i got a kzarka box whit 124 ap and died 1 time 2 w ago :/

Posted

Seems you haven't played a lot of games then. 

Posted

Funny how people say you must do more dmg, can someone explain how I changed chan for the next Karanda, casted 4 spells, and got the Dandy wep box?

Posted (edited)

Funny how people say you must do more dmg, can someone explain how I changed chan for the next Karanda, casted 4 spells, and got the Dandy wep box?

well maybe his boss was not full of alt dpsing with fishing rod xD, maybe your boss was not capped on max amount of people who can get loot. Idk how it works but your answer doesn t exclude anything.

Edited by PanpanTheGreat

Posted

I deserve an award just for showing up!!!

Posted

I have a feeling a lot of it is just rng. I've hit a boss with a stick a couple times with a lvl 18 wizard and got loot, and fought for an entire fight with a leveled and geared character and got nothing.