• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Dungeon questions

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, I'm pretty new on the game and I noticed that the game doesn't have an instance system for the dungeons, it will be added? I noticed also that the dungeons are simply "caves" with thougher mobs and no special loot or bosses at all, am I wrong?
I can see also that the final sets are totally buyable on the auction house (and are few/not very nice to see) and no special sets killings some bosses or mobs, am I wrong again? I love the game as it is but I think that these elementes could improve the rpg/party experience and could reach more players also from more classic mmorpgs games!
Thank you for the attention and have a goodday :D

Posted

Posted

yes, I read so much about that but I can't see how an instance, also totally different from current dungeons, will ruin the game, at least I expect something at the end of a difficult dungeon, like a boss or just some nice drop! You do not agree?

Posted

There are over 99323139 mmo where you can queue for dungeon/raid and get easy and awesome reward.

This is sandbox, not queue simulator. Go farm x mobs for xx hours and you will get your nice drop. That how this game works, and thats why this is something different, not just another wow clone.

Posted

no ty , i've joined black desert mostly cuz no instanced crap.

Posted (edited)

Instancing is part of the 'theme park' style MMOs, like WoW.

BDO is not a theme park MMO, it is a sandbox - And that means no instances. You'll notice it has no loading screen unless you switch channels or characters.

Edited by Zann

Posted (edited)

yes, but these aren't actual the answers I searched for, I'm talking about the full experience of the game. Why I actually need a party when at lvl 59 every mob I meet is defeated in 2-3 skills, what can I do with my friends more than explore the world? where is the real challenge and the satisfaction?
There are many mmorpg for sure that got a more classical-centered party mechanics and so on, but none of them is beautiful and stunning as black desert, I'm not talking about instances at all..but I constantly think "why I have to enter with my friends or alone into a dungeon, a crypt or a cave if we don't have actually meaning to do it, why we can't have exclusive loot/reward for doing a specifically thing together, we don't need even a strategy at all! Why at the end of the dungeon we can't fight an epic boss, in this wonderful game, and feel the satisfaction of the battle and the reward? What we actually have to discover?" In my opinion if the game move away from the solos experience to a more group/party one it will totally improve! People want to play togheter, and I think people like the good looking stuff too, so why you think this is wrong?
I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT INSTANCES AT ALL, I have to repeat myself. Thanks for the answers anyway (;

And sorry for the bad english, just learned from movies n stuff

Edited by Xamda

Posted

Unless I'm mistaken, the next big content patch is balanced well above level 59, so that should provide more challenge.

And part of the reason bosses aren't tucked away at the end of dungeons or the like is that it just wouldn't suit the game. There's none of the tank/dps/healer stuff other MMOs have, and dungeons in the style of other games wouldn't really work because of how BDO handles aggro and mob pulls. 

If you want epic fights, go to world bosses. If you don't dodge just right, you end up one-hit-killed regularly at those.

Posted

yes, but these aren't actual the answers I searched for, I'm talking about the full experience of the game. Why I actually need a party when at lvl 59 every mob I meet is defeated in 2-3 skills, what can I do with my friends more than explore the world? where is the real challenge and the satisfaction?
There are many mmorpg for sure that got a more classical-centered party mechanics and so on, but none of them is beautiful and stunning as black desert, I'm not talking about instances at all..but I constantly think "why I have to enter with my friends or alone into a dungeon, a crypt or a cave if we don't have actually meaning to do it, why we can't have exclusive loot/reward for doing a specifically thing together, we don't need even a strategy at all! Why at the end of the dungeon we can't fight an epic boss, in this wonderful game, and feel the satisfaction of the battle and the reward? What we actually have to discover?" In my opinion if the game move away from the solos experience to a more group/party one it will totally improve! People want to play togheter, and I think people like the good looking stuff too, so why you think this is wrong?
I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT INSTANCES AT ALL, I have to repeat myself. Thanks for the answers anyway (;

And sorry for the bad english, just learned from movies n stuff

The difference between an "epic boss at the end of a dungeon" and the current world boss Kzarka are none for a open world game.

What do you suggest is just a very large corridor full of mobs where people zerg until they see the final boss and kill him like a world boss. Basically a larger Serendia shrine...

What we need are mobs that you can't overgear so you are forced to party to kill them.

For example: At lvl 60 you can only get experiencie from lvl 58 monsters (min lvl) so you need to look for better exp/monster spots. Those monster have a huge amount of HP, AP, DP so you need a party to kill them. And even in a party you get more exp than killing lvl 58 monsters solo.

And about strategy... we won't have strategy for PvE here unless they redesign the game so BDO become a trinity game with dedicated tanks, healers, supports...

Posted

This is sandbox, not queue simulator. Go farm x mobs for xx hours and you will get your nice drop. That how this game works, and thats why this is something different, not just another wow clone.

Yea, just throw in the buzzword "sandbox" with no reason or connection at all, and claim that BDO is the only game where you "farm mobs for xx hours" to get some drop HAHAHA

Posted

Go to Akman's or Zystria. (Black Holes of Justice found randomly within the Valencian Desert), bring a friend or two. Don't blame me when you lose exp~

Posted

Go to Akman's or Zystria. (Black Holes of Justice found randomly within the Valencian Desert), bring a friend or two. Don't blame me when you lose exp~

But afaik there is no "final boss at the end of the dungeon" with "so much challenge".

Posted

But afaik there is no "final boss at the end of the dungeon" with "so much challenge".

Yar :U. Start putting Kutum in a room locked in Zystria with doors that only open once you kill 500+ mobs at their entrances 8D. Make Nouver actually do dmg kek. 

1 person likes this

Posted

unfortunately pve in this game is not challenging at all, you should have noticed even so the loot isn't so easy to get and rng master all game. About your question if with a guild get a extra large quest (in order to have boss scroll) you have an istanced boss that only your guild can kill and get loot (livertobox, money, seals, crystals etc) in an open world known place (mudster inside glish ruins, ferrid inside lava cave etc) so everyone can go there to watch you and even try to make you fail the quest griefing,zerging and annoying and wasting time :)

Posted (edited)

For now, most of the high lvl endgame mechanics and features are focused on PvP aspects and territorial control : GvG, nodes, castle sieges, naval combat ...
It makes sense in a sandbox, because once the it's well crafted, a PvP system can sustain itself just with player's interactions and politics.

And it's true that PvE offers no challenge, because mobs were primarily designed as loot pinatas for players to contest, not challenge providers. That's why players never talk about challenge when discussing PvE in BDO, but grind, farm, XP and silver per hour ....

The next update, after the Black Knight, will bring us the first part of Kamasylva (elf homelands).
There, you will find the challenge you seek. No dungeons because BDO axiom is to keep everything in the openworld (and that's also what attracted players), but still, there will be challenge in PvE, at last.

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

1) As said above, you should check the black holes thingy in the desert if you seek PvE challenge. But don't go alone, and be prepared to get wiped out.

2) You should try to run a guild with your friends if possible, as it really give goals that you have to work out as a group (like our guild did as we all rushed to craft the guild galleon (?) to explore dead into the Margoria ocean), overall it's just more fun to do things with people.

Posted

I like BDO and hoesntly I do think dungeons would be an awesome idea, they don't have to be instanced. Instead have the dungeons open lets say every 5hrs and have a time limit to complete. Make the mobs hard to kill so it forces group content and have a boss and mini bosses in the dungeon that drop good gear, 20+ black stones etc.

BDO feels like a single player game with other "smart" (players) NPCs in the world, the only truly meaningful group content in the game is node wars. 

we don't need tanks/healers, we've been doing fine without them in world bosses. All they gotta do is add mechanics to the boss encounters.

BDO is an amazing game and I honestly think it would be a lot more successful if they have more group content. It would draw in more players.

Posted

Overall,

mmo lacks mmo content..

mmo has single player content..

Sounds about right...

Posted

Overall,

mmo lacks mmo content..

mmo has single player content..

Sounds about right...

Pretty much.