• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Should I play this game?

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello!

I played this game 24 / 7 for a month on release date, then i cried over the pay to win facts in the game, but then I realized that it's not that big of a deal so i decided to start to play again and i really enjoyed it and played for another month or so and around 2 weeks ago i left the game again.

People earn more money by just being afk in the game than actually playing it, a game is meant to be played not to afk in, don't know what you guys think of this, thanks.

Posted

Hello!

I played this game 24 / 7 for a month on release date, then i cried over the pay to win facts in the game, but then I realized that it's not that big of a deal so i decided to start to play again and i really enjoyed it and played for another month or so and around 2 weeks ago i left the game again.

People earn more money by just being afk in the game than actually playing it, a game is meant to be played not to afk in, don't know what you guys think of this, thanks.

people do make more money while actively playing than only being afk 

Posted

people do make more money while actively playing than only being afk 

Ya aight, but i mean the afk part is a huge thing in the game. Afk workers, afk fishing and afk lifeskills and such, in the long run you make more money by being afk since you can afk 50 hours without any problems but grinding straight 50 hours is a bit harder you know

Posted (edited)

If you dont make more money than people who are doing afk activities you are doing something wrong - grinding on a spot with higher tier gear requirement for example c: Active playing is the best income.

Also if you want to have fun you shouldnt worry about how much everyone is earning, but take your time to actually learn the game and its mechanics. Build up passive income sources and find something active that you enjoy or class for grinding that you enjoy.

Edited by Vamathi

Posted

Active gameplay > AFK money wise. No exceptions (unless you don't know what you are doing).

Posted

Op you just come here to whine and complain?  To answer your question no you shouldn't play.  All you going to do is come back and whine some more.  Go see i f you can find a better game for your play style and play that.

3 people like this

Posted

When you say "they earn money afk", I hope you currently know it's not that easy. You have to deposit quite a bit of materials, and time of your own to be able to do such ; Workers, AFK Fishing, or any other source of afk income. Regardless if they're afk or not, that's just the juicy part of the whole hard work they had to set-up everything. Thus, don't make it sound so easy. You need quite the organized system to start getting a steady income.

I mean, don't make it sound like if all the people whom are currently playing are afk farmers, because I'd be guessing around 85% actually play the game. You'll encounter loads of people, including guilds that you will be able to play with. I don't think you should quit a game based on other people's choices, but that's your call.

Posted

Hello!

if you quit 2 times already for reasons purely subjective, well probably you should not play this game as it doesn't suit your personal preferences. 

Posted

No

1 person likes this

Posted

Definitely give it a shot :3

Posted

I don't do a lot of afk'ing, I don't really like leaving my computer unattended, but I will leave afk, while watching TV, popping out for an hour, and I do leave it sometimes over night. The way I look at it is, I don't afk, I passively make income.  Meaning that while I'm grinding, farming (mobs), doing dailies, CP contribution, node wars, processing, cooking etc, I still have a income coming in.  I also like to keep my market place fully stocked, if it gets below 20 I get worried, that's a large chunk of my income going down the drain.  I will even fill it with say 50 stack honey/pumpkins etc just to keep my income ticking over.

The time spent, dealing with passive income over the weekend, more than pays off during the week, when I have limited play time due to work etc.

Posted

Hello!

I played this game 24 / 7 for a month 

how u not ded 

Posted

That's just not true. There are no afk methods that beat out the income of straight up grinding or enchant flipping with artisans.

Posted

Play it if you want to feel that you still cant have fun and still need to develop to challange others 1 year later. It is a good choice of addiction for suffer... playing without fun... just to develop...level up and buy better items... if your life sux now, play it. if your life is ok and you dont want to ruin it in the future, just go and play a game which doesnt force you to do silly things without having fun. this is not a game if you dont have TRI boss gear/tet boss weapons/ duo-tri boss accessories and lvl 60... so... start it if you dont hope having fun for 1 year but you can have fun later.. it is a good game, I like it but hate its development system...ah btw, if you dont have 6 hours a day to actively play the game(not afk) ...honestly...stay away from this game

i play competitively with just bheg gloves and below average cometitive gear score and level 58, add to that i play kuno ay ay ay i got the odds against me. I still have tons of fun 

Posted

i play competitively with just bheg gloves and below average cometitive gear score and level 58, add to that i play kuno ay ay ay i got the odds against me. I still have tons of fun 

now we know why oldskool have difficulties doing anything on their own lately :P 

Posted

Hello!

yes the game is bad ,no lvl cap no gear cap u can only go on if u play 12+ h per day, it's just a game like another cause u cant pvp-pve well whitout gear ,so what we playng for? this game is a waste of time like the othes 100% p2w meme koreans mmorgs. Actually ther's no good companies thath give  balanced games , they just focus on cash shop to earn more money is possible untill someone get pissed of the game...strange they made this game so boring whit levels and life stuffs they lost tons of users.

1 person likes this

Posted

I reinstalled it today, played for a few hours. Not one single person talks to you, an your ignored . Not to mention the filth in chat was really infantile. I uninstalled it bout an hour ago. :(

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Play it if you want to feel that you still cant have fun and still need to develop to challange others 1 year later. It is a good choice of addiction for suffer... playing without fun... just to develop...level up and buy better items... if your life sux now, play it. if your life is ok and you dont want to ruin it in the future, just go and play a game which doesnt force you to do silly things without having fun. this is not a game if you dont have TRI boss gear/tet boss weapons/ duo-tri boss accessories and lvl 60... so... start it if you dont hope having fun for 1 year but you can have fun later.. it is a good game, I like it but hate its development system...ah btw, if you dont have 6 hours a day to actively play the game(not afk) ...honestly...stay away from this game

absolutely REAL !!!

Op you just come here to whine and complain?  To answer your question no you shouldn't play.  All you going to do is come back and whine some more.  Go see i f you can find a better game for your play style and play that.

no mmorg is better than this cause all mmorg are the same repetitive stuff , I hope in the future to see a real adventure online game whit truee quest not this repetitive kind on stuff they do in all mmorg games from 20y ago .

Edited by Jonnyyy
1 person likes this

Posted

It is true that the game doesn't really start till your 56, thats not to say I ignored CPs, nodes, workers while levelling.  Just that once 56, the pressure is lifted, I can really concentrate on getting more money through, farming (mobs), passive skills, workers etc, do my dailies etc.  I'm now just making money to gear up and it's getting there slowly.

Posted

now we know why oldskool have difficulties doing anything on their own lately :P 

we were on our own saturday and no one came :feelsbadman:

You have no idea how much shotcalling i do as a corpse in observer mode xD

Posted

Hello!

I played this game 24 / 7 for a month on release date, then i cried over the pay to win facts in the game,

And now you cry again, like a small girl that lost her puppet. Just pick already some other game and stop whining, nobody cares anyway.

Posted

Hello!

fear not my child because you are a creation of modern handholding mmorgps where your mind is locked, preventing the abstract. Nothing is black and white, the simple thing as afk n active play is something u should combine as they work hand in hand. Dont be too fussed over it, we all make our own progression as the game is longterm. Just know what u want to focus on because youu enjoy it, and find the more efficient ways to achieve said goals. And like u said, p2w or not, in most other mmorpgs u got trading and gold sellers which is by far more p2w.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello!

im playing since the release date and i think this game is not p2w, u can take all the same items and opportunities playing, and grind/farm is much more effective than AFK selling MKp items, i can make perfectly 20-30 million silver playing some hours per day.

Posted

The salt in-game and on forum is what put me off. Sometimes I meet well-mannered people who will switch or wander off if they see my grinding in a spot. A lot of the time peeps decide to jerk off and try to PK then talk trash to discourage. Rarely thick-skinned lunatics will stick to your arse while grinding and grief like a champ until you leave.

Same on forum. Fanbois everywhere!

1 person likes this