• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Maintenance] Maintenance March 1st - extended

546 posts in this topic

Posted

when do we start "no patch notes"   QQ?

1 person likes this

Posted

Hm, even if a 60 with 500+ AP/DP is lagging, he can still one shot you.

or desync and all of a sudden you die instantly without him taking damage, lag OP. But damage should be first xD

Posted

guys new issue with patch xD i lost all my charectors for some reason and i can go on olvia channel xD wtf is kakao/pearl abyss doing xD

Posted

6cf747f8362603ad5f9c7a67c51d0893

Posted

guys new issue with patch xD i lost all my charectors for some reason and i can go on olvia channel xD wtf is kakao/pearl abyss doing xD

wrong server ?

Posted

NA instead of EU or vis versa? :D

Posted

It's not Kakao, it's you being stupid and not READING

UgFZgTF.png?1

2 people like this

Posted

yea it reset me to na and just changed it back lets cross our fingers booys :D 

yup wrong server ^^ damnit xD for some reason i hoped that they made such a huge error as in loosing accounts charectors xD biggest flop ever :P

It's not Kakao, it's you being stupid and not READING
UgFZgTF.png?1

yup big red play button distracted me from the small white text ^^ anyway my bad hehe 

1 person likes this

Posted

Nerf Dark Knight!

Buff the -----!

Posted (edited)

"miniscule thing" is a matter of perspective. To the complaining party, the "thing" isn't "minuscule". They express themselves thus. To you the "thing" is "minuscule". you express yourself thus. What do you say to this seeming feedback loop? You blame the complaining...does your input contribute the the complaining party stopping to complain? Are you interested in the complaining party stopping their complains? Can you ensure some actions, mechanisms, environmental changes which satisfy the complaining party and as such, people have no more reason to complain? 

Whoo! Words!

No. 

An extension on maintenance is not anything more than a minor inconvenience.

If you find this to warrant this kind of behavior then you are petty and entitled. It is objective. It is not like a loss of personal funds. A faulty ban of your account. Or something much more substantial and worth complaint. Thank you for saying a whole lot of nothing.

No new pearl outfits for Sorc, but you guys release that stupid ranger outfit and dress for tamers...

Because Sorc got a lot last few patches

Edited by Ad Astra
1 person likes this

Posted

@BDO Devs , still no fix for "start button disabled when geting disconnected , so have to restart the game all over again". will this issue ever be fixed ?

Posted (edited)

Because Sorc got a lot last few patches

We did?, because last outfit we got was that really really stupid one with the bear skin cape (Which everyone else got), and before that was papilio which was back in November just before witch/Wiz got their awakening.
Other than that it's been nothing but that hideous masquerade outfit and snowflake, but everyone got those outfits too.

Edited by Asterotis

Posted

Anyone else get the msg : cannot replace the character under lvl 4  

I get that msg when I try to change to my dark knight

Posted (edited)

World full of dark knights! LOL

Edited by chromaticwyrm

Posted

Well maintenance should be done for PST as it's now 12:45 in the afternoon, however I'm having problems accessing the launcher.   I get an error message that say (with NO error code): 

D:\Black Desert Online\Black Desert Online Launcher.exe

"The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail"

What the heck does this mean? I looked in the app files and found nothing that relates to sxstrace.exe. I'm not computer savvy at all and would really like to get into the game as I do everyday. This just happened this morning and the game launched fine yesterday. I will keep trying though

HELP!!!

BalckDesert Eventlog.evtx

Posted (edited)

As PA designed the event, the items that will be deleted are described as the one below, saying:  *It will magically disappear after the event.

2017-02-28_722206437.thumb.PNG.4c595d8f2

The items without this description will be saved.
The attendance reward list will be updated according to the new event.

PS: Make sure to read the event period right below the list.

While for the rookie and returning players the attendance reward list was updated, it hasn't been updated for loyal players ... there are still milk and tea that will magically disappear:

3cd774000fd8fa2bb2e28d9007ebe893.jpg

@CM_Aethon and @CM_Yukimura, sorry to disturb both, I hope one of you can check about this tyty

Edited by Akesuke
little change

Posted

Event items are intended to be removed after the event, simply because they are part of it. Anyway guys, don't forget the One Year Anniversary! 

@CM_Yukimura

I am going to be honest, I am pretty upset that the items got deleted.

Reason why?

Not because they were deleted,but because they were deleted with no warning. I was pretty surprised.

If on patch notes you keep saying that you will delete the items and never delete them , then it will take people by surprise when you finally delete them. ALSO when Event period is Jan. 12 to  Feb. 11 and reward RECEIVABLE period is "Only available until regular maintenance on  February 22nd,2017" , then why delete the items on 1/03/2017 ? This made a snowball effect on the community , because people were saving them because they were too good waste and then you took it all away. 

Suggestion : 

If you are going to delete the items either put a decreasing timer on it , or announce it properly on the forums and/or in-game as well. 

OR

If you really want to keep loyal players playing the game(the game has so much stuff about loyalty), then let people stack those items on the storage. Let me give you an example why letting people stay with the items is a good idea. 

Example : Person A likes to do everything in the game from combat to training life skills and spends most of the time grinding combat. He has (for example) Professional gathering on his main account and beginner 0 gathering on his every alt. His favorite thing to do is combat, but he also likes to do some gathering, so he bottles up his alts character's energy for one day of massive gathering.(NOTE: In this example we are not considering gathering on beginner 0,because that would be inefficient.) So he collect the Warm Milks on his alts and grinds combat in the main character. When he is almost ready to do gathering .The boost get deleted. Player A gets upset. And Player A could potentially quit the game.

I know this example is exaggerated, but I have seen stories of people quitting this game because of some change that did not even affect the player in itself.

NOTE: This post is not to trash the game,but to make people see that a good game can still be improved and trivial things can make a big difference to some.

Posted

I agree it doesn't make a lotta sense to give items for an event that must be used up during the event. A timer is very reasonable but having to use it somewhat quickly make me either use the for the heck of it (waste) or don't use them (waste)

Also would be better to say "this item expires on... " in the item description and put specific date., 

Posted

@CM_Yukimura

I am going to be honest, I am pretty upset that the items got deleted.

Reason why?

Not because they were deleted,but because they were deleted with no warning. I was pretty surprised.

If on patch notes you keep saying that you will delete the items and never delete them , then it will take people by surprise when you finally delete them. ALSO when Event period is Jan. 12 to  Feb. 11 and reward RECEIVABLE period is "Only available until regular maintenance on  February 22nd,2017" , then why delete the items on 1/03/2017 ? This made a snowball effect on the community , because people were saving them because they were too good waste and then you took it all away. 

Suggestion : 

If you are going to delete the items either put a decreasing timer on it , or announce it properly on the forums and/or in-game as well. 

OR

If you really want to keep loyal players playing the game(the game has so much stuff about loyalty), then let people stack those items on the storage. Let me give you an example why letting people stay with the items is a good idea. 

Example : Person A likes to do everything in the game from combat to training life skills and spends most of the time grinding combat. He has (for example) Professional gathering on his main account and beginner 0 gathering on his every alt. His favorite thing to do is combat, but he also likes to do some gathering, so he bottles up his alts character's energy for one day of massive gathering.(NOTE: In this example we are not considering gathering on beginner 0,because that would be inefficient.) So he collect the Warm Milks on his alts and grinds combat in the main character. When he is almost ready to do gathering .The boost get deleted. Player A gets upset. And Player A could potentially quit the game.

I know this example is exaggerated, but I have seen stories of people quitting this game because of some change that did not even affect the player in itself.

NOTE: This post is not to trash the game,but to make people see that a good game can still be improved and trivial things can make a big difference to some.

A heads up is nice sure but honestly you either use it or don't it basically it is summed up to just that. I don't recall the date they were first handed out, through daily rewards, events etc. but you have weeks to use them if not a whole month or so. They don't need to announce anything really just in patch notes for official use.  I do think a timer would be nice for say it's remaining life span just automatically. It would give those last 24hours or so a chance for last minute use.

Posted

No. 

An extension on maintenance is not anything more than a minor inconvenience.

If you find this to warrant this kind of behavior then you are petty and entitled. It is objective. It is not like a loss of personal funds. A faulty ban of your account. Or something much more substantial and worth complaint. Thank you for saying a whole lot of nothing.

Thank you for reinforcing my point and saying, of course, a whole lot of something. Jeez. Was trying to at least attempt a meaningful discussion. ----- you, for your co-operation, human. 

Posted

A heads up is nice sure but honestly you either use it or don't it basically it is summed up to just that. I don't recall the date they were first handed out, through daily rewards, events etc. but you have weeks to use them if not a whole month or so. They don't need to announce anything really just in patch notes for official use.  I do think a timer would be nice for say it's remaining life span just automatically. It would give those last 24hours or so a chance for last minute use.

That would be all fine and dandy if they were, in fact, consistent, but they're not. Not even remotely. I still have easter eggs and beer from last year that were supposed to be removed, and they weren't. Also have Valentines day stuff from this year that they claimed would be deleted but it hasn't.

2017-03-04_3643956.JPG