• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[SOLVED] new launcher issue (blank launcher, program has stopped working)

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Good evening

I can't seem to run the "new launcher". Tried to disable all protection services on my PC such as Firewall, Antivirus and so on. Trying to repair the files by deleting or re-naming "version.dat" in the Black Desert folder also doesn't seem to help as the launcher doesn't even start up to fix any files. The Launcher used to work perfectly yesterday before the update of the new launcher UI came. I've also tried to close all non-windows related processes and run the launcher as administrator again. Several full pc-reboot's is also something I've tried.

As I run the launcher the new background pops up and after a couple of seconds a window pops up stating that the program is not working (properly) anymore.
option to select: "Close Program".

I'm currently using W10 64bit

Edit:
Logs of the launcher

[02/28/2017::19:10:47]    [MSG] DaumGame Global Launcher is started. (10EB9E89CE954E15880B5927A0E3BE90)

[02/28/2017::19:10:48]    [MSG] bReturn is 1

[02/28/2017::19:10:48]    [MSG] s key : 26668

Unbenannt.png

Edited by Dezarion

Posted

Delete the Cache folder in game installation directory.

Delete BlackDesert folder in My Documents.

Try again and see if it helps.

Posted (edited)

Delete the Cache folder in game installation directory.

Delete BlackDesert folder in My Documents.

Try again and see if it helps.

Tried it, doesn't help. Thanks for the advice.

Still encountering the same issue

Update:
After a re-install. reached 100% in the gauge and now look what's happened.
Tried to enter repair mode by clicking the options in the right top corner of the window. The launcher crashed again with the message "has stopped working". Attempting a launch of the launcher results in seeing the picture of the warrior, berserker, ranger, tamer and sorceress opening and then slowly fading away. After that nothings happens. Checked the processes in task manager, BDO process just disappears and nothings happens.
Pretty sure this is the development team's fault for not testing this launcher entirely.

2.png

Edited by Dezarion

Posted

Bump, "program is not working anymore" happens to me aswell.
Anyone solved this yet?

Posted

Bump, "program is not working anymore" happens to me aswell.
Anyone solved this yet?

I've maybe got a "partially fix" for the program has stopped working issue.
What I've done is moving PAZ folder from the black desert online directory to the desktop, then run the setup of bdo to uninstall.

Run the setup again to re-install and open the launcher. (I've had an issue with the libcef.dll at the beginning which I then manually downloaded and then the launcher didn't have the "has stopped working" issue anymore)
Move PAZ back into your BDO directory then start the launcher.

regardless of the previous issue I still cannot launch the game fully as now I'm stuck after the background pops up and slowly fades away.

Posted

This happens to me as well. I click on the launcher, I get the "Now loading" screen and then nothing happens at all..... This is very frustrating because the dark knight is coming out in a couple days....

Posted

This happens to me as well. I click on the launcher, I get the "Now loading" screen and then nothing happens at all..... This is very frustrating because the dark knight is coming out in a couple days....

Not a couple of days but tomorrow :/

Edit:

Problem solved.

Posted

Not a couple of days but tomorrow :/

Edit:

Problem solved.

how did you solve the problem???

Posted

pm me if you still have the issue

Posted

pm me if you still have the issue

i pmed you

Posted

solution?

Posted (edited)

i pmed you

how did he fix it?

Edited by Wrath

Posted (edited)

i got the same problem and please pmed me and want to know what to do.

Edited by SpecNight

Posted (edited)

Check the game folder for 0KB files I had a whole bunch of those and the game launcher wouldn't start or it would start with white screen error 7 etc.Deleted them, had to start the launcher 2 times, it all sorted out .The biggest issue that I have with this is that the problem appeared after i was online whole night after the maintenance with my new character, and just tried to change characters to feed my pets.Daum are using chimps to upload the patches .........APPARENTLY.....I never had to rename ,any folder delete any folder or any of the suggestions they ever provided like disabling my anti-virus,nor the windows firewall.And resetting my DNS as they suggest is ...well i can't reset my providers DNS servers when i have direct cable connection and no router to intervene the direct link....Simply epic once again.If you have a bunch of similar looking files just delete them.

EPIC DAUM.png

Edited by Dworkin Barimen
To add info

Posted

I managed to fix mine by running the self repair diagnostic in the options menu on the launcher, letting it go through all the files, and restart the launcher when it finished, and mine worked again.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0