• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Musa Open World Chronicles - Vol 1

55 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I needed a break from grinding last night so I slapped together a quick video of some open world pvp fun from the past week...  

And yes I know my gear sucks and I need to git good.  :P

Enjoy.

Edited by Kvn
3 people like this

Posted

You have people literally walking towards you and rather than switching to bow, stunning and just killing them, you back peddle?

Jesus NA is full on monkeys

1 person likes this

Posted

Is it possible to catch cancer from a video? I think i just did...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

oh god.. I read Cryptid's comment, now Im afraid to click 

You have people literally walking towards you and rather than switching to bow, stunning and just killing them, you back peddle?

NA blader community is aids :/

SO many still don't run accuracy .. AP stack like monkies.. and refuse to equip a kutum

edit - I watched it

You rely on BtB way way too much
Never once saw anything in blade... wizards are easy to deal with once you bait out cataclysm/Jail.. stub and kill with the long combo

Edited by Vampyrism

Posted (edited)

Never once saw anything in blade... wizards are easy to deal with once you bait out cataclysm/Jail.. stub and kill with the long combo

I cannot say I agree with this. I like his playstyle.

I cannot rely on a playstyle that lets you open just because it is a 1 vs 1 situation. I prefer to pressure in a different manner than a long chain of CC combo. To each his own.

My only comment is that he could use Fiery Angel in several cases during his video that it would have worked wonders. But he is avoiding using it.

Edited by Delolith

Posted

People are going to nit pick over every detail in PvP videos and that'll always happen, nothing wrong with constructive criticism though, but can tend to forget that you're only human and not a perfect machine. You're not the best mechanical fighter but you're far from the worst. You're clearly winning and having fun in most the clips that you posted and that's all that should matter to you, for spectators entertainment value was a little low (never saw any clutch stubs/blooming combos etc) but editing was really nice. Your gear is about average, prob made a few people/guildies salty at that 61 stack TET though I bet :)

Always enjoy watching Musa videos. Keep it up and deliver more content, not much going around this forum, though there was that 10/10 comedy gold video of someone PvPing on the Olvia channels that was pretty cute.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Keep it up, I enjoyed it...

OH I remember you now Nvk, u were in Savanah...

Edited by Legendaire

Posted

Wow, I love how 4 minutes of pvp footage from 1 random NA player is enough for you to characterize the entire NA playerbase as monkeys.  Sorry if I offended your elite musa skills by not including any footage of me doing any stub arrow combos lol.  It's not like I never utilize it... it's just not something I typically bother with since it's clunky and ends up getting me CC/killed far more than it actually works.   I'd rather just stay in awakening.  *shrug*  

People are going to nit pick over every detail in PvP videos and that'll always happen, nothing wrong with constructive criticism though, but can tend to forget that you're only human and not a perfect machine. You're not the best mechanical fighter but you're far from the worst. You're clearly winning and having fun in most the clips that you posted and that's all that should matter to you, for spectators entertainment value was a little low (never saw any clutch stubs/blooming combos etc) but editing was really nice. Your gear is about average, prob made a few people/guildies salty at that 61 stack TET though I bet :)

Always enjoy watching Musa videos. Keep it up and deliver more content, not much going around this forum, though there was that 10/10 comedy gold video of someone PvPing on the Olvia channels that was pretty cute.

This guy gets it.  Thanks man.  I wasn't trying to make some elitist pvp instructional video...  It's just a fun little video I slapped together in about 4 hours last night from the past 2 weeks of random open world bullshit I actually remembered to save to disk in an effort to motivate my guildies into sending me footage of their own...  (I just enjoy making these types of videos as you can clearly see from all the BF4 videos on my youtube).

I mean if I was actually trying to stroke my epeen here I wouldn't have included the montage of me repeatedly dying to my Wiz guildie in the beginning and would of saved up months worth of cherry picked encounters and edited them to make it look like Jesus came down from the heaven to play Musa lol.  And yes, that TET did trigger my guildies btw since that 62 stack was from failing to rage enchant my tree armor and it was my very first TET attempt on the dande.  

As for the lack of stubs/bloomings... I'll make a note to include more footage of that kind of stuff in the future since it apparently triggers people if I don't show those encounters lol. It's not something I personally use often since 99% of the time I swap out of awakening it results in me getting CC'd and killed lol but hey, I can easily just edit out all the times it gets me killed and slap together a bunch of those rare times it actually works so Cryptid won't think I'm a monkey lol.  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You notice anything special from 59-60?

And yo, using your non awakening kit would have saved you so much time against the people you were fighting . A solid mix of cc enterer usage from both awakening and non awakening would put you at 6-7 . While just chilling in awakening gives you 3 unless your opponent let you flow on them or if they are warriors then you have none. I cannot stress this enough, there will come a time where you will face an opponent where you won't be able to rely on awakening alone, the pre awakening is just too damn good to neglect. When you are not in offense mode always stay in non awakening. The stamina drain is less , you get block frames just by switching and it won't put your q cc on cool down which is dope . There is more I can share just holla.

here is an example of what I mean when you alternate . My gear in this video was 208 ap and 250 dp cuz I had ripped my ogre and giath. https://vid.me/K7l2

to be fair I legit died in one spin by one of them when I was turning effects on in the menu 

Edited by HOMRAH

Posted

You notice anything special from 59-60?

And yo, using your non awakening kit would have saved you so much time against the people you were fighting . A solid mix of cc enterer usage from both awakening and non awakening would put you at 6-7 . While just chilling in awakening gives you 3 unless your opponent let you flow on them or if they are warriors then you have none. I cannot stress this enough, there will come a time where you will face an opponent where you won't be able to rely on awakening alone, the pre awakening is just too damn good to neglect. When you are not in offense mode always stay in non awakening. The stamina drain is less , you get block frames just by switching and it won't put your q cc on cool down which is dope . There is more I can share just holla.

here is an example of what I mean when you alternate . My gear in this video was 208 ap and 250 dp cuz I had ripped my ogre and giath. https://vid.me/K7l2

to be fair I legit died in one spin by one of them when I was turning effects on in the menu 

how are you not taking any damage with 250 dp :/

Posted

how are you not taking any damage with 250 dp :/

twister :^)

Posted

here's the thing.. the musa community has always been about clean and precise combos Its the identity and defining point within our class player base.

The reason why I personally get frustrated at these videos is because it undermines the hard work and efforts of people like Kitsune who has been trying to get people to play this very difficult class properly. 

It's content that validates very bad play and shows people everything not to do with the class, but yet you have players like ones who have already posted (Delolith) who think its acceptable.  If you're only interested in pve then any playstyle is fine

1%er PvP guilds don't have a lot of musa representation because too much of the community plays like this, and think its ok

Keep practicing, get better, be confidant in your blade combos

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow all the elitists trying to pick his PVP clip!!! Upload your own then. Belittling the others does not make you greater in any mean you monkeys! 

Posted (edited)

The reason why I personally get frustrated at these videos is because it undermines the hard work and efforts of people like Kitsune who has been trying to get people to play this very difficult class properly. 

See here's the thing. Who cares what is and isn't the "proper" way to play?  It's a game not a job interview.  If the end result is a win does it really matter how someone got there?  Stop being so elitist.

1%er PvP guilds don't have a lot of musa representation because too much of the community plays like this, and think its ok

It's amusing how my 4 minutes of video has suddenly become representative of the entire NA musa community lol.  Blade combos were great before class awakenings but in my experience trying to execute blade combos post-awakenings just results in me getting CC'd more than it actually works so I rarely bother.  Maybe your experiences are different and you can use them successfully.  If that's the case congrats on it working for you.  Personally I really don't see the big deal if the end result is a win but my apologizes for giving all you other NA musa's a bad name lol. 

Edited by Kvn
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

See here's the thing. Who cares what is and isn't the "proper" way to play?  It's a game not a job interview.  If the end result is a win does it really matter how someone got there?  Stop being so elitist.

It's amusing how my 4 minutes of video has suddenly become representative of the entire NA musa community lol.  Blade combos were great before class awakenings but in my experience trying to execute blade combos post-awakenings just results in me getting CC'd more than it actually works so I rarely bother.  Maybe your experiences are different and you can use them successfully.  If that's the case congrats on it working for you.  Personally I really don't see the big deal if the end result is a win but my apologizes for giving all you other NA musa's a bad name lol. 

That is exactly what irks me as well to no end. Who says and who claims what is proper way to PvP with this class. I have made this class to play as a very mobile brawler due to my build and it works much better than the cookie cutter. I have facesmashed pretty much every other Musa I have encountered playing the slick assassin.

And it doesn't have to do with doing mistakes. That is not why you build a brawler. It is different playstyle.

Lol....ok!

Edited by Delolith

Posted (edited)

A bit off-topic but just finished a node war, tried my blade combos 3 times total (not many chances in a node to be 1v1) twice I got 2 different mages and I was amazed it worked xD People used to desync so much to my combos I never got to use the full combo effectively, but I used Stub Arrow > WW cancel > Dragon Bite > blind thrust > blooming > rising storm > projection > BtB and he died. 

Then I tried with a sorceress, I hit the stub then when i'm doing blooming she passes through my blooming (walking) and suddenly teleports to my back and I'm dead, I even saw her getting hit by blooming and not even blocking yet she desynced to my back and managed to CC me down :(

Edited by Zubi

Posted

Don't know what all the elitism with blade combos is..they are not that special.  High risk, high reward, simple as that.  It's not hard to pull them off, just risky.  It does add some entertainment to the video, though.  I can agree with that.  They are also very satisfying, something I don't feel with the awakening's combos except one very long cc chain that has the same issues with blade combos.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Entertaining video, but you forgot the most important rules...

#1 Do not have fun.

#2 If you do not play to be absolutely PERFECT, don't play at all.

Because it's not a game, it's life. Keep in mind, some people might actually have a heart attack watching you not playing flawlessly.

Seriously, some comments here are just inappropriate. If anything, the OP is the one playing the class right since he's enjoying his time. 

Edited by Thaosen
2 people like this

Posted

All these butthurt kids haha :P

Posted

Keep it up, I enjoyed it...

OH I remember you now Nvk, u were in Savanah...

Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it.  It's funny that you remember me from Savanna though since our core was only in that guild for like 2 weeks before Bnat imploded his guild and we ditched that sinking ship to go back and rebuild Hybrid from the ground up as Juicy.  

1 person likes this

Posted

I really like how hard you got white knighted in this thread. You put up a pvp video then cry because people critique your playstyle, I mean if you want to put your fingers in your ears and scream about how mean we are be my guest. But just know that we think youre a knob :)

Posted (edited)

I really like how hard you got white knighted in this thread. You put up a pvp video then cry because people critique your playstyle, I mean if you want to put your fingers in your ears and scream about how mean we are be my guest. But just know that we think youre a knob :)

Check out the red part.

I needed a break from grinding last night so I slapped together a quick video of some open world pvp fun from the past week...  

And yes I know my gear sucks and I need to git good.  :P

Enjoy.

So, yeah. His video did not warrant any of the hate that he's been receiving. 

Also, don't talk for others. I do not believe for a second that the OP is a "knob".

Edited by Thaosen

Posted (edited)

Check out the red part.

So, yeah. His video did not warrant any of the hate that he's been receiving. 

Also, don't talk for others. I do not believe for a second that the OP is a "knob".

You call any of these comments hate? like really? bruh please you need thicker skin :)

Also, if he knows hes bad why does any of this "hate" affect him?

Edited by Cryptid

Posted (edited)

You call any of these comments hate? like really? bruh please you need thicker skin :)

Also, if he knows hes bad why does any of this "hate" affect him?

Say you're bad at drawing, yet you like it and you try something, then you're actually kindof happy of the result.

Then someone pass by and tell you wow dude, you're so damn terrible you should never touch a pen in your life again, you're like the shame of all the people drawing in the world.

Yeah, it might affect you.

Edited by Thaosen

Posted

Say you're bad at drawing, yet you like it and you try something, then you're actually kindof happy of the result.

Then someone pass by and tell you wow dude, you're so damn terrible you should never touch a pen in your life again, you're like the shame of all the people drawing in the world.

Yeah, it might affect you.

Ok, so lets actually read the comments shall we rather you you coming up with some anecdotal scenario.

In this thread I see 3 "hateful" comments they are;

Is it possible to catch cancer from a video? I think i just did...

&

oh god.. I read Cryptid's comment, now Im afraid to click 

NA blader community is aids :/

SO many still don't run accuracy .. AP stack like monkies.. and refuse to equip a kutum

edit - I watched it

Now, lets see. I call him a monkey and ask why he doesnt use his bow. Not hateful, and I provide him a solid bit of advice to help him improve.

Comrade's statement was a little on the nose, so we can count that as "hateful" I guess.

Vampy's comment is very similiar to mine, calls him a monkey then gives a few ways in which he can improve.

So out of these "hateful" comments we have two that are poking fun at him not being as efficent as he could be and providing him with feedback then we have one that is a bit mean.

Looking at the youtube comments, 1 guy doesnt like his music taste. No mention of his playstyle.

Out of 23 comments on this thread, we have 1 "hateful" comment, if 1 comment on his gameplay is enough to make him quit, then the big bad world will destroy him.

So, Ill finish by saying, If you do not want to receive criticism do not post videos on the internet.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0