• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

YEBIS promotional collaboration with Black Desert Online

72 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Article: https://www.siliconstudio.co.jp/en/news/pressreleases/2017/en1702gdc/

For the first time Silicon Studio will highlight special video of the full adoption of YEBIS technology by hit MMO Black Desert Online from South Korean developer PearlAbyss Corp., marks the start of co-promotion between the two companies to express further the power of YEBIS and the amazingly gorgeous world of Black Desert Online.

Glare (off / on)

glare_off_snapshot.jpgglare_on_snapshot.jpg

Godray (off / on)

godray_off_snapshot.jpggodray_on_snapshot.jpg

As from the text, this isn't the only thing they'll be doing, so expect more in the future.

Edit:

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBYFFj1KFq4

Edited by Alterist
9 people like this

Posted

Lovely.

Posted

Will this improve the servers or is that just a thing you put in patch notes to seem like you guys are actually servicing the game?

6 people like this

Posted

considering what's somes others games do with godrays / volumetric light, for now, i seem nothing that's amazing, you can see that kind of godray since like 2008 with crysis.

The glare look a bit wierd tho.

I would have prefered ( imho ) see them correctly fix the hair color issues tho.

1 person likes this

Posted

Article: https://www.siliconstudio.co.jp/en/news/pressreleases/2017/en1702gdc/

For the first time Silicon Studio will highlight special video of the full adoption of YEBIS technology by hit MMO Black Desert Online from South Korean developer PearlAbyss Corp., marks the start of co-promotion between the two companies to express further the power of YEBIS and the amazingly gorgeous world of Black Desert Online.

Glare (off / on)

Hidden Content

Godray (off / on)

Hidden Content

As from the text, this isn't the only thing they'll be doing, so expect more in the future.

neato 

Posted

It looks like someone just went extreme with the Photoshop plugins on a screenshot of the existing game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Going to be even more Kreygasm screenshots <3

Posted

Wait, they're J. J. Abramsing the game?

What a waste.

Posted

i play on low cuz 4k :D id love to play on 2k but the game wont go full screen ! they need to optimize instead of add new shit

1 person likes this

Posted

+ so far the game already have some kind of "discreet" god ray that look pretty nice, dont get why add that super obvious one, but fine then

Posted

Will this improve the servers or is that just a thing you put in patch notes to seem like you guys are actually servicing the game?

It's just some visual fluff you can enable, if your GPU isn't the bottleneck while running the game. It will not improve performance on the client or server in any way. If you've got lags or low FPS, all this can do is make things worse.

Posted

Looks gorgeous! lets hope they fix the optimization problem at the same time and make sure that the frames starts to go overstable 90 for those with power graphics cards. 

Posted (edited)

considering what's somes others games do with godrays / volumetric light, for now, i seem nothing that's amazing, you can see that kind of godray since like 2008 with crysis.

The glare look a bit wierd tho.

I would have prefered ( imho ) see them correctly fix the hair color issues tho.

Why do people compare single player games to mmo's it just makes you look ignorant.

Yebis will likely optimize the game through other means.  These of course are just visual post effects.  But they have a history of being able to greatly optimize graphics.  I am willing to bet that is on the roadmap for them as well.

Edited by Lemonz
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Why do people compare single player games to mmo's it just makes you look ignorant.

Game engine tech remain game engine tech whatever if they are used for SP game, or mmo, or whatever other kind of game.

What's the f# xD  You make just no sense

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Posted

i hate lens flare, I will probably leave it off permanently.

Posted

Game engine tech remain game engine tech whatever if they are used for SP game, or mmo, or whatever else.

What's wrong with you ?

No it doesn't the graphic fidelity does not remain the same.  Otherwise mmo's would look amazing like all the newer single player games out there.  Or RPG's.  But they have to optimize and reduce graphical settings in order to make the game playable.

You dont see mmo's made with Unreal engine looking the same as the single player games made with the same engine.  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

THAT is the way I like my games. BLURRY AF

Edited by Thinker
3 people like this

Posted

Will there be a demo video of this anytime soon? 

Posted

The god rays look ok, but the glare they're adding is disgusting. Are they going to ever optimize the game? It's impossible to do anything with 19 FPS in the middle of a node war (this is after turning down the graphics to medium with a GTX 1070 and i5-4690k).

Posted

I don't use any of those features in any MMO.

But to each their own.

Posted

Oh I like

Posted

That's pretty disappointing. You can get the same effect today from post processing injectors like ENBs used in Skyrim. If that's all they're doing then that is just going to slow down the game and add nothing to it.

Please actually optimize and fix some of the graphic problems like the hair, the rippled shadows, the improper transparency unless you're in CTRL+U mode.

Fix the texture pop in.

Add a node war mode to make every character model the default one. I don't want to waste processing time loading your outfit since I won't see it in the action anyway.

Upgrade to DirectX 12. That has been proven to improve speeds up to 50% for some scenarios.

Posted

Upgrade to Vulkan  Please !

Posted

No it doesn't the graphic fidelity does not remain the same.  Otherwise mmo's would look amazing like all the newer single player games out there.  Or RPG's.  But they have to optimize and reduce graphical settings in order to make the game playable.

You dont see mmo's made with Unreal engine looking the same as the single player games made with the same engine.  

The issue with mmo is only due to many many players displayed at the same time on screen that's so far the thing eating up many resources.

Many different model when a lot of possible customization is the best way to kill hardware xD But they also never bother to setup option / solution like GW2 at least tried to offer.

+ they more likely use crap graphic ( in general ) to have their game run on most hardware ( on top of the fact, to beinning with mmo never had wonderfull optimization tho )

And so far, BDO look as good as many current games ( even witcher 3 dont look as good as BDO ). You have huge frame drop only because other players & bad "optimization" on that point.

So still doesnt change what i've said game engine tech remain game engine tech.

Posted

As soon as graphics developers could decouple graphic settings and view settings... ya that'd be great. Hell even vanilla world of warcraft pulled this off in 2006, until they can get even the most basic shit done in graphics settings I will continue to believe they're just wasting money they could be spending to actually improve performance. 

1 person likes this