• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

help New (Kind of)

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So i've had the game since it's been out, but I haven't been able to actually play it till this past weekend...(I know). Technically, I'm still new to the game, and I have no idea what I am doing, I'm just doing quests at the moment and buying furniture in the marketplace, but I want to get...I guess...somewhere? If that makes sense? Like I want to explore and stuff and like go to new places...Does anyone have tips for me? I have a horse and a bird (that I don't use since I have no idea how to craft food there...)

Edited by Lady Alteria

Posted

So i've had the game since it's been out, but I haven't been able to actually play it till this past weekend...(I know). Technically, I'm still new to the game, and I have no idea what I am doing, I'm just doing quests at the moment and buying furniture in the marketplace, but I want to get...I guess...somewhere? If that makes sense? Like I want to explore and stuff and like go to new places...Does anyone have tips for me? I have a horse and an animal...

Depending on how much time you can/want to invest it's always possible to achieve alot but what exactly is your goal?

If you simply want explore then i'd suggest doing quests and enjoying the game step by step instead of rushing through the areas while grinding your way up. This way it will take you longer before you reach other areas and you'll actually get the feeling of encountering new areas. You should also collect crafting materials to craft yourself a Epheria Sailboat which you can later on use to explore the new ocean area and also sail to the new island Margoria. Here's a link for the required items: http://bddatabase.net/us/design/8807/

You should also take a look at possible ways to earn money using CP like having a farm, collecting resources from nodes and crafting items and/or simply processing them to sell higher quality/different types of materials on the market.

Red

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think that giving a new player the tip to start crafting an endgame item like the Epheria sailboat, is the best idea. It takes even weeks for players that have established decent accounts running for a year.

Like I want to explore and stuff and like go to new places...Does anyone have tips for me? I have a horse and an animal...

Simply do it. Stop looking for guides that you will just copy. Ride around and explore, discover the map, try out different professions, play around with workers, do some quests. Do just what you want. And try to join a guild, lots of players will be happy to help you ingame.

Posted (edited)

Hmm, well personally I'd stop buying furniture, it's not a massive benefit (maybe the bed) to a player starting out.  A plus 15 Yuria weapon has much more benefits.

I have a few pieces of furniture, that I got with the game, from then on the only thing I've bought for my house are cooking stoves, and they're kind of essential.

Edited by Iscoed

Posted

Hmm, well personally I'd stop buying furniture, it's not a massive benefit (maybe the bed) to a player starting out.  A plus 15 Yuria weapon has much more benefits.

I have a few pieces of furniture, that I got with the game, from then on the only thing I've bought for my house are cooking stoves, and they're kind of essential.

Thanks! 

I don't think that giving a new player the tip to start crafting an endgame item like the Epheria sailboat, is the best idea. It takes even weeks for players that have established decent accounts running for a year.

Simply do it. Stop looking for guides that you will just copy. Ride around and explore, discover the map, try out different professions, play around with workers, do some quests. Do just what you want. And try to join a guild, lots of players will be happy to help you ingame.

Lol, I wasn't going to copy, but thanks for the advice! I'm more of a solo player, guilds don't really...interest me...And a lot of them want the players on everyday...But I'll just stick to what I''m doing :D

Depending on how much time you can/want to invest it's always possible to achieve alot but what exactly is your goal?

If you simply want explore then i'd suggest doing quests and enjoying the game step by step instead of rushing through the areas while grinding your way up. This way it will take you longer before you reach other areas and you'll actually get the feeling of encountering new areas. You should also collect crafting materials to craft yourself a Epheria Sailboat which you can later on use to explore the new ocean area and also sail to the new island Margoria. Here's a link for the required items: http://bddatabase.net/us/design/8807/

You should also take a look at possible ways to earn money using CP like having a farm, collecting resources from nodes and crafting items and/or simply processing them to sell higher quality/different types of materials on the market.

Red

Thanks! I'll just stick to what I'm doing, which is a bunch of quests! I am exploring as well while on them, on foot anyways...lol. Making money so far I've been getting it from house fame, which is cool. I didn't know about this. Thanks for replying!

Posted

Depending on your goals, you could rush up to lvl50 and get yourself some adequate gear and play through the higher end calpheon content then move on to Mediah when you're ready. 

Posted

Thanks! 

Lol, I wasn't going to copy, but thanks for the advice! I'm more of a solo player, guilds don't really...interest me...And a lot of them want the players on everyday...But I'll just stick to what I''m doing :D

Thanks! I'll just stick to what I'm doing, which is a bunch of quests! I am exploring as well while on them, on foot anyways...lol. Making money so far I've been getting it from house fame, which is cool. I didn't know about this. Thanks for replying!

There are guilds that have a lazy interest, I'm in Pandas, we are lazy by definition, perhaps you may want to join us :D besides.. I wouldn't mind helping you if there's doubts.
Laziness to a side, there's no set path for all of us to take, this is a Sandbox game, do as you want & as you please, I personally don't grind like the majority of players as it gets exhausting, repetitive, boring and may get you in unnecessary trouble (aka PvP).

I do recommend you to follow your own words,  do quests, it's diverse, it's getting you to places by moving around the world! It isn't quite 'the same' speak, kill, deliver, repeat tradition, as not only the quest lore makes sense to it, but it doesn't goes out of proportions with fantasy either, making them a good read while having your adventure :)

I also do every single quest possible before moving onto a new area, some may or will say that it's a waste of time, but my goals are to enjoy and have a wonderful adventure, I'm no pvper, neither I find pleasure in killing players for being stronger, it only makes me feel like an a-hole and I have respect for myself. So go have fun! There's no rules in how to play the game, and I believe it must be an everest of fun if played with a gamepad!

Cheerios ~♥

bTQ3u8R.gif

Posted

My best tip is to join a sosial guild, guildies will help you with whatever you need to know and you will get good buffs from the guild.

1 person likes this