• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Private Horse Sales

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I took this up with one CM but I want to see how many would really like something like this. I asked if we could have an option to do private sales through the horse market so that we are able to sell specific horses to friends, guildmates or just to people on the forums. I recently tried to sell a very nice T8 horse to my guild master but as soon as it was posted in the market it was gone instantly. People were saying that it was probably a bot, which is pretty unfair. The CM said that private sales would negatively effect the economy and make it too easy for lazy people. But I disagree, if the amount of the sale through the market in a private sale is the same as in the regular market, how does it effect the economy? The taxes collected will be the same etc. Also some people are not interested in horse breeding and they should be able to buy a decent horse since nobody is putting anything good into the market now. I just think it's a really good idea for people who want to buy good horses and horse breeders alike. I know a fellow horse breeder who gets all females and I get mostly males and many times she wants to buy males from me and I females from her.

I was thinking that in the horse market when you go to register the horse just make an option saying public sale or private sale and then an option to put the persons family name and then when the person goes into the market they are the only ones who can see it and buy it. The amount should be a fixed amount just like the regular market just not available for just anyone to buy, especially bots.

3 people like this

Posted

Why is it always a bot when someone buys stuff faster? I recently managed to get a really good t7 horse out of pure luck. I was looking for a horse for my alt when that horse popped up, I hit buy and got it.

Anyway to the actual topic; if they'd enable private sales for horses people would ask to get the same for boss loot and other hard to obtain items. Also being able to trade to a specific person would just blow up the pearl trade that is already an issue when looking for a good horse or boss loot.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's really an issue with the market in general. Prices capped, which equals very low to nonexistent supply to many items across the board. Essentially I agree. But really the whole system needs revamping. People argue it until they are blue in the face though. So have fun with that. Imo, when many items, even basic ones, can't be traded properly because of price caps -- there is room for improvement at the very least.

Posted

I took this up with one CM but I want to see how many would really like something like this. I asked if we could have an option to do private sales through the horse market so that we are able to sell specific horses to friends, guildmates or just to people on the forums. I recently tried to sell a very nice T8 horse to my guild master but as soon as it was posted in the market it was gone instantly. People were saying that it was probably a bot, which is pretty unfair. The CM said that private sales would negatively effect the economy and make it too easy for lazy people. But I disagree, if the amount of the sale through the market in a private sale is the same as in the regular market, how does it effect the economy? The taxes collected will be the same etc. Also some people are not interested in horse breeding and they should be able to buy a decent horse since nobody is putting anything good into the market now. I just think it's a really good idea for people who want to buy good horses and horse breeders alike. I know a fellow horse breeder who gets all females and I get mostly males and many times she wants to buy males from me and I females from her.

I was thinking that in the horse market when you go to register the horse just make an option saying public sale or private sale and then an option to put the persons family name and then when the person goes into the market they are the only ones who can see it and buy it. The amount should be a fixed amount just like the regular market just not available for just anyone to buy, especially bots.

Horse go up to market instantly, so it's easy to setup private sale with friend [i did like 5+ sale already]

Ask your friend to be on voice chat or some sort, will make thing go easier.

Ask your friend to click to stable and be ready to click to market, once you hit register, he can go and grab the horse right away.

Posted

Horse go up to market instantly, so it's easy to setup private sale with friend [i did like 5+ sale already]

Ask your friend to be on voice chat or some sort, will make thing go easier.

Ask your friend to click to stable and be ready to click to market, once you hit register, he can go and grab the horse right away.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's what ChaoticPisces and his/her guild master did, and there are more people that experienced it also. As the horse market is empty nowadays (on EU, it's full of donkeys...), all horses above T3 are sold instantly.

I don't agree with the "make it too easy for lazy people" argument : if they are not bots, it means there are people that are just camping the market for hours just to snipe horses, something a lazy person could also do. But to be sure, there could be some conditions for the sales : being part of the same guild/clan for a certain time for example (will guilds keep lazy members ?)

And to avoid the negative effect on the economy, the tax on horses could be higher for private sales, so people would sell horses privately only to their friends or people they think deserve it.

Posted

Honestly...  I seriously doubt there is anything in the world short of removing the Horse Market, that could possibly have any further negative effect.

The Horse Market does not exist. It is a complete eye soar to anyone remotely involved with horses.  And yes, even the best preparation between two people attempting to post a horse for the other can simply fail. Even when both two people are sitting next to each other in the same frikin room.

Two main reasons;

Horse Sniping by people camping the market window, flashing between breeding and horse market windows until SOMETHING in a decent Tier level pops, and insta buys, only to look it over afterwards if its worth doing anything with..

The amount of TAX'S taken from the sale is ludicrous!
Reason being;

A person puts a LOT of time and effort into a horse to achieve its level 30, and to work the horse's skills to 100%. The higher tier horse, the more time it takes. MUCH more. -Some even use cash shop skill change coupons in order to perfect the horse for racing, or even for that ultimate value in both monetary and Breeding purpose. (potential better chances at a stronger/rare new horse from breeding)

Now, the horse is worth 156 mil after all this effort and maybe real cash, the horse has served its purpose, and is ready to sell to finally make the profit that this long term INVESTMENT was all for..  right? naa. you try to sell it to a friend, it gets sniped in that fraction second between posting and buying, and then from the 156 mil its valued at, you get 109,200,00.

Makes ya want to get crackin on that next horse and try selling it to a friend again in.. like.. 6 weeks, huh..

Yeah.. you dont want to be meddling with the Horse Market with these new ideas. People might actually start selling horses again if it worked more the way we all should expect it to..

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0