• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BDO - P2W Explanation

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey there ^-^ I've recently made this thread because I've noticed various amount of people asking if the game is p2w or not. People mainly get the ideas that the game is because they've watched the 2016 videos stating how p2w BDO is, and how the veterans quit for that, but they didn't manage to see the "Returning to BDO" video(s).By analyzing BDO in general, you'll get to the point where you'll learn it's not. 98% of the items which can be obtained through the pearl shop can also be bought with ingame cash, which can be easily earned through various efficient methods. The fact that you can buy with real money and sell it for in-game money doesn't make the game p2w, but yes the players. Regardless if you can buy things with real money it doesn't necessarily mean the game in general is p2w.

• Pets: Pets are a common purchased item, since they'll pick loot for you and you won't have to bother with anything. People keep stating how p2w BDO is due to these guys as well, but their lack of research is what makes them wrong. Not only can you purchase pets through the game (with silver / gold), but you can also just pick the loot yourself and place it in your wagon's inv so you won't have to deal with the weight. Despite everything, people seem to ignore this and just come up with bullsh_t because they want to follow the hate wagon.
  • Costumes / Outfits: Even though this doesn't commonly get disputed about when talking regarding how p2w BDO is, some people do mention about them. Just for those people who also lack to research correctly regarding BDO, you can purchase outfits In-game through the marketplace, and if it isn't listed there then just simply advertise that you're "WTB" in the Channel or Server mode, and wait for answers
  • Overall: In general, what I mean to say is no, BDO isn't p2w. Just because of a few tweaks here and there you can't just call a game p2w.

If I stated something wrong, or want to post your own opinions please do so. :P

Edited by Yumua
Correcting grammar mistake.
2 people like this

Posted

Im tired to told everythink what you Say to others ppl in my country. Because all think what player Deska done this game was pelted with mud, called crap, called p2w, failure of the year and mindless game where you can only kill tons of mobs ano without any other point called end-game stuff.

From moths i fight with this. With all sale and with lower price of the game many of players start tested this game and start thinking for they own. Many of new players came on my stream and in 99% 1st question is about P2W... all because one Plaeyer and one Website what helped him to spread the untruth about this game.

It's incredible how one man and one website can destroy an opinion about the game and make it current and future players have disgust.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I agree that the traditional sense of buying in game money for real money doesn't really exist to any real benefit.  I will add that seeing how the game is all about in game money and levelling gear, both of which can be vastly increased by purchases off the Pearl shop.

For instance you have 2 level 50 players, both are the same class and both have the same gear, same cps and knowledge.  They agree to have a race to 56 and 100mil silver.  One has say 32 inventory slots, no pets and a 400ltr weight limit.  The other has 100 inventory slots, 800ltr weight limit and 4 pets, which one will achieve the goals of the race first?

I will hazard a guess that the player with the extras is at least 50% more efficient than the player without, so in effect for every 5 hours he plays the play without will need to play for an extra 3 hours or so.

Edited by Iscoed

Posted

I agree that the traditional sense of buying in game money for real money doesn't really exist to any real benefit.  I will add that seeing how the game is all about in game money and levelling gear, both of which can be vastly increased by purchases off the Pearl shop.

For instance you have 2 level 50 players, both are the same class and both have the same gear, same cps and knowledge.  They agree to have a race to 56 and 100mil silver.  One has say 32 inventory slots, no pets and a 400ltr weight limit.  The other has 100 inventory slots, 800ltr weight limit and 4 pets, which one will achieve the goals of the race first?

The thing is, that isn't p2w. That's convenience. You don't require that to be efficient at leveling. Pets aren't required, and inventory space will be achieved along time. Sure, the guy who bought the stuff will win the race first, but he didn't require that to level up.

Posted

Well yes and no, yes if your aim is to level and ignore all loot then yes that's a fair comment, but who does that.  Thats why I added in the 100mil as well.  I'll give you my own example.  Every morning around 6 I head to a farm spot, I have 80 (may 88) inventory slots and 780 weight limit, I'll grind for an hour, in that hour I will make something like 3-5mil silver, and I won't have to leave the area.  Sometimes when finished I may need to head to the storage keeper to off load, so I can then do the item hand in for 1mil silver.  If I didn't have that much inventory space, I would probaly need to visit a shop keeper/storage guy twice maybe even 3 times, that greatly impacts on daily grind hour, and levelling in general.

Posted

There is no winning, PEN Ogre Ring will Devour your sould.  So no p2w even possible.

I take your point and really at that point the question isn't about p2w but understanding what is available in the game with out the cash shop and figuring out if you would be willing to play the game with only those things.  I was recently talking with someone and they claimed to have close to 800 weight with out purchasing LT from the cash shop.  That person chose not to spend money on the game but seems to have found a way to work around it.

I personally wouldn't play the game with out a decent amount of the items fromt eh cash shop, but that is me.  I expect not everyone will have that requirement.  Besides the obvious, and I joked at the beginning, there is no set parameter for winning in this game so p2w can't really exist.  If you take p2w to mean be unbeatable in pvp, it isn't possible, you can get yourself some more efficient gear leveling in the cash shop but that is as close as it gets and even at that the rng in the game more than compensates for any money you may try to throw at your gear.  If your goal is to be as efficient as is possible to be in the game then not only do you need a ton of cash to invest ($1000+) you need a schedule that allows you to check on the game every couple of hours all day every day.  Other than that if you are setting your goals in contradiction to your desired monetary investment of the game you are simply setting yourself up for failure.  In no way is that the games fault.  This game has issues, and some really bad ones, no need to manufacture issues for yourself that don't exist. 

Posted

Well yes and no, yes if your aim is to level and ignore all loot then yes that's a fair comment, but who does that.  Thats why I added in the 100mil as well.  I'll give you my own example.  Every morning around 6 I head to a farm spot, I have 80 (may 88) inventory slots and 780 weight limit, I'll grind for an hour, in that hour I will make something like 3-5mil silver, and I won't have to leave the area.  Sometimes when finished I may need to head to the storage keeper to off load, so I can then do the item hand in for 1mil silver.  If I didn't have that much inventory space, I would probaly need to visit a shop keeper/storage guy twice maybe even 3 times, that greatly impacts on daily grind hour, and levelling in general.

Regarless of stopping or not, it's not a requirement. It's a convenience. You don't require it to level, only to be more efficient. And as Grumple said, you can't call BDO P2W since it has no actual end, it's a sandbox game. Regardless how advanced you are, you can always dedicate to leveling, life skills, or any other form of entertainment for your self to enjoy the game.

Posted

Yep totally agree, I will add that using my example, I hit my farming spot at say 6:10, and I'm back in Heidel by 7:20, with 3-5mil in silver and loot, that gives me 20 minutes or so, to fill up market place, grind some stones down to BP and other general warehouse admin, then it's off to work.  If I didn't have my extra slots / weight etc,I certainly wouldn't have the time to do those extra things, and my income would suffer as my market place isn't full etc.

I will add that I don't afk etc, so a lot of this could be offset if a player chooses to afk to make most of their income.

Yes it's convince a lot of which can be off set by longer play time and afk'ing.  So yes if you have the time, by all means avoid them

Posted

Yep totally agree, I will add that using my example, I hit my farming spot at say 6:10, and I'm back in Heidel by 7:20, with 3-5mil in silver and loot, that gives me 20 minutes or so, to fill up market place, grind some stones down to BP and other general warehouse admin, then it's off to work.  If I didn't have my extra slots / weight etc,I certainly wouldn't have the time to do those extra things, and my income would suffer as my market place isn't full etc.

I will add that I don't afk etc, so a lot of this could be offset if a player chooses to afk to make most of their income.

But that doesn't make it P2W, it's just convenience. As previously stated, you don't require it to level, but just profit more. You don't require it

Posted

• Pets: Pets are a common purchased item, since they'll pick loot for you and you won't have to bother with anything. People keep stating how p2w BDO is due to these guys as well, but their lack of research is what makes them wrong. Not only can you purchase pets through the game (with silver / gold), but you can also just pick the loot yourself and place it in your wagon's inv so you won't have to deal with the weight. Despite everything, people seem to ignore this and just come up with bullsh_t because they want to follow the hate wagon.
  • Costumes / Outfits: Even though this doesn't commonly get disputed about when talking regarding how p2w BDO is, some people do mention about them. Just for those people who also lack to research correctly regarding BDO, you can purchase outfits In-game through the marketplace, and if it isn't listed there then just simply advertise that you're "WTB" in the Channel or Server mode, and wait for answers
  • Overall: In general, what I mean to say is no, BDO isn't p2w. Just because of a few tweaks here and there you can't just call a game p2w.

Spoiler alert: there's a "function" tab in the cash-shop.

98% of the items which can be obtained through the pearl shop can also be bought with ingame cash, which can be easily earned through various efficient methods.

That's lie, a dirty lie. And we both know it, you should feel ashamed.

Posted (edited)

It is sort of play to win as I mentioned, more money equals better gear equals faster grinding.  Yes You can enchant things yourself, If you want to waste a day doing it, or if you have 50mil etc just buy it, I know which I prefer, now others may prefer to enchant, there's no right or wrong.  

At the end of the day as I mentioned it's not P2W in the traditional sense of say something like WOW, where if I want great gear, I pop my credit card, buy in game gold and hit the auction house.

I need to actually work for it, but choose some "connivence" items to help me.

And generally everything in the game is achievable with effort, it just depends how much effort you want to put in.

Edited by Iscoed

Posted

P2W is when something bought with real money will give you such an advantage ingame that you can not get on the same level without spending real money too.

BDO is not even CLOSE to this.
First of all, most cash shop items are COSMETICS, sure they give small buffs, but nothing that makes paying players stronger, its convenience.
And before we start on the possibility to sell pearl items on the marketplace...you pay about €1 per 1 million silver when you look at it...it's not even worth it.

Posted

Yep agree, there's no real way of directly obtaining silver, unless you've got a shit ton of cash, and want to spend probably a year re-selling costumes.

Posted (edited)

I will hazard a guess that the player with the extras is at least 50% more efficient than the player without, so in effect for every 5 hours he plays the play without will need to play for an extra 3 hours or so.

First thing if you do all the invenotry quest you get around 70 inventory slots and some event also give extra slots, new account have an extra 4-8(not sure exactly) slots and from loyalty points. Second you can increase weight with increasing strength stats and from loyalty: 3500 LP for 50 lt(but that one is the hardest to increase without spending a few pearl). Finaly you can get pets from events, marketplace, hours of play and finaly if you dont buy the cheapest game you also can get a pet.

Well the guy with the extra inventory slot wasnt as lazy as the first one who probably didnt almost no quest and didnt check his recommand quest and skip most black spirits quest,
so thats mean his a bad player and will take way more time to get to 56 then the one that did his quest and understand more how the game works. Also getting 100m is quite easy and you could do that without grinding and just with life skills and workers, getting to 56 isnt really hard either since both will be on Olivia channel and the exp over there is just stupid.

Edited by Darklink

Posted (edited)

I used to think this game was P2W.  It is in theory but in practice it's tough to P2W.  Now it is P2Convenience and artisan memory is as close in the game as comes to P2W but the person upgrading their gear is using the same RNG / failstack system as you.  The difference being to repair will cost them less and they will gain failstacks quicker.

Edited by Xeres

Posted

Because all think what player Deska done this game was pelted with mud, called crap, called p2w, failure of the year and mindless game where you can only kill tons of mobs ano without any other point called end-game stuff.

Dredzik i dont know what you mean, but i never called this game as you write.

From the beginning of the game Korean CBT2 I persuaded players from my country to play this game. I was trying to do everything in my power to make the Black Desert very popular.

However, the Pearl Abyss policy made me leave the Black Desert. And here I repeat, it's only fault pearl abyss not Kakao Games., @PM_Jouska or others, that many veterans player BDO leaved this game. I had a great sorrow to the Pearl Abyss that during the times when I was playing, they introduced very controversial items, systems and the worst thing that they added =  premium. Probably then I use too strong words as I felt, but I was very disappointed with all this situation.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0