• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What's the real "advantage" of having a B2P version instead of F2P ?

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So, the EU / NA BDO version is B2P, personaly, i have absolutely no issue with that. ( I already bought my "entrance ticket" )

But since, its originaly a F2P, what's the advantage over the F2P version are we going to have ? Because the what we "buy2Play" look more like whatever "founder pack" all nowdays F2P are doing.

So what else this "B2P" offer, than what's listed on thoses "Buy to Play pack" ?

Do we will not have to buy thoses F2P inventory slot unlock ? Any cash shop typical "f2p" stuff are going to disapear and be by default on the game ?

Or that "B2P" is only forcing player to pay the "founder pack" to play the game and we will have a "classic f2p cash shop" ? ( So basicaly, just a "scam" )

Since its also a buisiness ( after all, i pay for a product ) i would like to know everything related to "money"

thanks

Edited by woots
5 people like this

Posted

Hopefully bound cash shop items, otherwise it's completely useless and ridiculous.

So far what was announced for our version was cheaper cash shop items.

3 people like this

Posted

I see it as a version with an entrance fee that is tied to a permanent price reduction for cash shop items, at least that would be the most logical assumption. Nothing more.

Just because it is B2P it won't be the savior for most people personal issues.

2 people like this

Posted

There are so many positives...

As the publisher gets an injection of cash from the initial box purchase the cash shop will not need to be pushed as much as a F2P game. 

B2P games will typically not have any game breaking/power items in the cash shop and the whole game should be available without any pay walls.

The population tends not to be as transient as everyone will need to make a cash investment in the game unlike F2P.

Bot's or gold sellers will be less common as there is a cost associated with buying the game.

The only negative I can think off is that the barrier to entry is higher than a F2P game, but that's it.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would assume some things that had to be paid for in other versions would be free for us, but not all (price reductions for cash shop, more starting invent space). However it can't be considered a scam because they could have simply not brought the game to NA/EU and put an IP Block on all other versions?

B2P keeps out some amount of trolls/bots/stupid kids (not all of course).

Apart from that I think of it as secured income, with F2P there is no guarantee in profit... But with B2P they at least get the amount we pay to purchase the game.

They probably saw how will GW2 did in NA/EU and thought it would be the best way to profit, and didn't see many F2P MMORPGs in NA/EU that lived past a year without losing half its players.

Posted (edited)

Just because it is B2P it won't be the savior for most people personal issues.

Well, i was speaking to stuff like all typical "F2P" sell like inventory / storage space to be sure to have some income. Since a B2P they could spare use that part, if they dont, its pretty lame tho.

And sure ! not having anything like p2w. Even if nothing p2w related should be a standard for every game using a cash shop...

because they could have simply not brought the game to NA/EU and put an IP Block on all other versions?

All other player would have just played the RU version lol ( at least EU players, low ping, not that constraining to use a proxy ( if without NA / Eu version they still would have set a ip block..))

And as much as i'am happy to not have to wait for X years to see that game to us, its still not a excuse to agree with whatever price - economic abuse they could do. ( even if sure you still have many players without any sense of "money value" when it come to gaming, even worse with mmo )

And ofc, i perfectly understand they want to make money with their game.

Lets hope too they dont either do like GW2, because it turned to be a crap game totaly focus around the cash shop where devs barely take care of the game itself since more than 2years. But sure, you dont really have anything P2W related in the GW2 cash shop.

Edited by woots

Posted

Generally a B2P model is seen as a good thing, it gives the hope for more stable and quality content and is most of the time not p2w. It also helps to prevent botting to a degree. Some people also like it because it usually makes the community less toxic and overall more mature and friendly. The reason being, only people who actually want to spend their time in the game will buy it. This model is almost always implemented with a cash shop in order to keep revenue up and make the game survive. So hopefully we will only see cosmetic items in the cash shop ^_^. Personally tough I'm okay with something like bonus exp scrolls and other items that could be seen as p2w.

F2P always limit a player in some way ( less character slots, smaller bank etc) and it does this to make money, to put it simply. By most of the time making people buy some sort of premium subscription.

Overall this is why I think the B2P model is the best for any MMO and I'm glad this version is using it :)  

Posted

All other player would have just played the RU version lol ( at least EU players, low ping, not that constraining to use a proxy ( if without NA / Eu version they still would have set a ip block..))

And as much as i'am happy to not have to wait for X years to see that game to us, its still not a excuse to agree with whatever price - economic abuse they could do. ( even if sure you still have many players without any sense of "money value" when it come to gaming, even worse with mmo )

And ofc, i perfectly understand they want to make money with their game.

Lets hope too they dont either do like GW2, because it turned to be a crap game totaly focus around the cash shop where devs barely take care of the game itself since more than 2years. But sure, you dont really have anything P2W related in the GW2 cash shop.

I thought RU was in Russian and not English? If I got my facts right from looking around... That is a huge reason for most people to not play? And yeah it wouldn't be for NA which is a huge community IMO.

Uhhh GW2 had an expansion?

Posted

So, the EU / NA BDO version is B2P, personaly, i have absolutely no issue with that. ( I already bought my "entrance ticket" )

But since, its originaly a F2P, what's the advantage over the F2P version are we going to have ? Because the what we "buy2Play" look more like whatever "founder pack" all nowdays F2P are doing.

So what else this "B2P" offer, than what's listed on thoses "Buy to Play pack" ?

Do we will not have to buy thoses F2P inventory slot unlock ? Any cash shop typical "f2p" stuff are going to disapear and be by default on the game ?

Or that "B2P" is only forcing player to pay the "founder pack" to play the game and we will have a "classic f2p cash shop" ? ( So basicaly, just a "scam" )

Since its also a buisiness ( after all, i pay for a product ) i would like to know everything related to "money"

thanks

Hello mighty adventurer,

You now need to choose between two factions.

The first is the holy crusade against p2w. 

We dont want any tradable cash shop items! Only cosmetics/pets! Down with the P2W noobs!

The second is composed by degenerated people who either act stupid or are stupid. They conceal their real intend,to leech everything off and pay to compete because they lack the skill to do so. They want the 6 month cash grab. They dont want a playercore. They want to play this game with p2w mechanics so they can deinstall it after two weeks , complaining that its p2w. Theyre most likely the Jokers on the forum.

2 people like this

Posted

Hopefully bound cash shop items, otherwise it's completely useless and ridiculous.

Why would you want bound cash shop items? Say you buy an armor skin and a few weeks later a new ones comes out and you buy that. If it was bound you would be just stuck with the old armor skin. If cash shop items were unbound, then you would be able to sell it to another player, and the whole player base gets to save money in the long run.

Posted

Hello mighty adventurer,

You now need to choose between two factions.

The first is the holy crusade against p2w. 

We dont want any tradable cash shop items! Only cosmetics/pets! Down with the P2W noobs!

The second is composed by degenerated people who either act stupid or are stupid. They conceal their real intend,to leech everything off and pay to compete because they lack the skill to do so. They want the 6 month cash grab. They dont want a playercore. They want to play this game with p2w mechanics so they can deinstall it after two weeks , complaining that its p2w. Theyre most likely the Jokers on the forum.

And the third is the faction that views people who call anyone who doesn't agree with their point of view as stupid and insults them as immature 12-year olds~

I still wonder if you even meet the minimum age requirement for the game going by your posts.

Posted (edited)

And the third is the faction that views people who call anyone who doesn't agree with their point of view as stupid and insults them as immature 12-year olds~

I still wonder if you even meet the minimum age requirement for the game going by your posts.

You just offend me with empty phrases without saying anything. Not one single useful argument from your side. edit: EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Edited by nathaenel

Posted (edited)

Why would you want bound cash shop items? Say you buy an armor skin and a few weeks later a new ones comes out and you buy that. If it was bound you would be just stuck with the old armor skin. If cash shop items were unbound, then you would be able to sell it to another player, and the whole player base gets to save money in the long run.

Because I'm not selfish and don't think only about my self gains, I do care about the future of this game.

Taking your example, if there's a new costume out I will buy it with $$$, just like I did with the previous costume which I bought because I also liked it and I want to keep it for myself forever.

Unbound items means people will sell them in the AH and gain ridiculous amounts of silver which they can buy end-game items with, making the game heavily P2W as demonstrated with the other versions, especially since it was confirmed that our cash shop items will be cheaper (which translates into people buying more costumes for the same amount of money as they would have invested in another region, thus more profit to them in terms of silver).

Edited by Ames

Posted

Great, how long did it take since the last troll/complaint thread? 

MODERATORS MAY WE HAVE EXCLUSIVE FORUM ACCESS FOR THOSE WITH PAID ACCOUNTS?!

If you haven't purchased an account you should not have access to these forums.

1 person likes this

Posted

Unless I missed a topic somewhere, we don't actually know if the cash shop items are any cheaper. Pearls are cheaper, but cash shop items don't cost the same number of pearls in each region, so it's unknown how much cheaper if at all anything is. So far B2P has the great advantage of paying for the opportunity to spend money on a F2P game. Truly, a revolution.

There are so many positives...

As the publisher gets an injection of cash from the initial box purchase the cash shop will not need to be pushed as much as a F2P game. 

B2P games will typically not have any game breaking/power items in the cash shop and the whole game should be available without any pay walls.

The population tends not to be as transient as everyone will need to make a cash investment in the game unlike F2P.

Bot's or gold sellers will be less common as there is a cost associated with buying the game.

The only negative I can think off is that the barrier to entry is higher than a F2P game, but that's it.

If we want that stuff, we should want a P2P game instead, where they get steady income from subscriptions, and they cleanse their nightmare cash shop of everything (or at least everything except cosmetics, making more stuff available in game and only having a few things in cash shop) in exchange. If you look at a game like FFXIV, it has about a million more ways to dress your character, and stays afloat with a sub model, despite being a rather lackluster game. This game with a bit more content could easily sustain a sub model.

Because I'm not selfish and don't think only about my self gains, I do care about the future of this game.

Taking your example, if there's a new costume out I will buy it with $$$, just like I did with the previous costume which I bought because I also liked it and I want to keep it for myself forever.

Unbound items means people will sell them in the AH and gain ridiculous amounts of silver which they can buy end-game items with, making the game heavily P2W as demonstrated with the other versions, especially since it was confirmed that our cash shop items will be cheaper (which translates into people buying more costumes for the same amount of money as they would have invested in another region, thus more profit to them in terms of silver).

Seriously, since when was it confirmed? Wanting to know the actual kind of prices on the cash shop is actually one of the hottest questions at present, so please feel free to source us with how much everything is going to cost.

Great, how long did it take since the last troll/complaint thread? 

MODERATORS MAY WE HAVE EXCLUSIVE FORUM ACCESS FOR THOSE WITH PAID ACCOUNTS?!

If you haven't purchased an account you should not have access to these forums.

OP said he bought it already, so. How would that help? Also, if you think anyone that even slightly questions the developer or publisher is a troll thread, why don't you just mail DAUM all your credit cards and get it over with?

Posted

The main advantage would be preventing botters since it would take them a while to get their money worth out of a single account. 

Posted

Unless I missed a topic somewhere, we don't actually know if the cash shop items are any cheaper. Pearls are cheaper, but cash shop items don't cost the same number of pearls in each region, so it's unknown how much cheaper if at all anything is. So far B2P has the great advantage of paying for the opportunity to spend money on a F2P game. Truly, a revolution.

If we want that stuff, we should want a P2P game instead, where they get steady income from subscriptions, and they cleanse their nightmare cash shop of everything (or at least everything except cosmetics, making more stuff available in game and only having a few things in cash shop) in exchange. If you look at a game like FFXIV, it has about a million more ways to dress your character, and stays afloat with a sub model, despite being a rather lackluster game. This game with a bit more content could easily sustain a sub model.

Seriously, since when was it confirmed? Wanting to know the actual kind of prices on the cash shop is actually one of the hottest questions at present, so please feel free to source us with how much everything is going to cost.

OP said he bought it already, so. How would that help? Also, if you think anyone that even slightly questions the developer or publisher is a troll thread, why don't you just mail DAUM all your credit cards and get it over with?

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/3re9bv/french_interview_with_oli_english_translation/

Can't find the original french interview but that won't help you if you don't understand it either way.

Posted

The only problem I have with B2P is that if people leave after release "just for an example" they will only come back when there has been an update worthy enough for their time...This is ecsactly what happened with GW2 and I still play to this day (not for the expansion) but GW2 and even GW1, people still play might I add. Both of these games are real good example of how successful a B2P game can be. 

But I prefer B2P I know too many F2P mmorpg's that I have played in my time that have gone down due to this fact, some F2P might have more content but the overall experience I think B2P wins. A cash shop with cosmetics is a solid choice over buying items to win the game hence P2W. This method is not ecsactly milking because once you buy the game thats it, there is no real need to buy cosmetics other then maybe just maybe Skill Resets, Charecter Reset or more Charecter Slots. Plus with a decrease in trolling/toxic community due to the fact you have to buy the game again and again for another account. Spammers (RIP). Please no haters, I am just stating my opinion.

2 people like this

Posted

Safe to say most people are on board with the B2P, however there is a few issues with the current model.. I mean for one thing, depending on the "package" you get and when you buy it, you may only have 4 character slots, yet the F2P KR version has more.. Bit odd, one can only hope they're dirt cheap..

Posted

Generally a B2P model is seen as a good thing, it gives the hope for more stable and quality content and is most of the time not p2w. It also helps to prevent botting to a degree. Some people also like it because it usually makes the community less toxic and overall more mature and friendly. The reason being, only people who actually want to spend their time in the game will buy it. This model is almost always implemented with a cash shop in order to keep revenue up and make the game survive. So hopefully we will only see cosmetic items in the cash shop ^_^. Personally tough I'm okay with something like bonus exp scrolls and other items that could be seen as p2w.

F2P always limit a player in some way ( less character slots, smaller bank etc) and it does this to make money, to put it simply. By most of the time making people buy some sort of premium subscription.

Overall this is why I think the B2P model is the best for any MMO and I'm glad this version is using it :)  

this sounds so good until they decides to make the game P2W lol. gg . hope that doesnt happen

2 people like this

Posted

Buy-to-play guarantees player with all base content (or additional content the developers want to include for free) unrestricted, and not limited in progression in any way. Basically, a TON of annoyance is potentially avoided.

It generally benefits the relaxed player more than the rush-to-max mentality players who then complain about no content.

A usually decent cash shop system that dabbles only in items that have absolutely no meaningful, severe effect on gameplay. These include XP boosts, costumes with no stats, vanity items like an ease-of-access horse or ultra potions, pets...

1 person likes this

Posted

I prefer B2P in mmos just because it tends to limit the amount of trolls that come into the game. Most people who do nothing but troll would probably not pay an entry fee.

Posted

In the business model of B2P, the players expect a certain level of quality and value associated with purchasing the game. The game is expected to be relatively complete, unlike a F2P game which can be relatively unfinished, but hack itself up with the "if you don't want to play it, don't. It's free" excuse. 

The cash injection is important not only for sustainability, but it also tells the publishers, development teams and the investors exactly how many people are willing to put hard cash into the game. With the security that players are willing to pay up, it's less likely that dev's will be attracted to possibly spoiling their game with P2W items for more guaranteed short term cash injections.

B2P models also tend to promote older players, as the younger players can't really afford it without spending all their pocket money or getting a parent to pay. With so many other games out there, many more popular such as CoD or Fifa, it's unlikely the younger market will try this game, compared to a F2P model at-least.

All the other reasons are mentioned above.

2 people like this

Posted

You get more "free" choices at character creation. Just one thing.

Posted

It keeps out a huge amount of kids/freeloaders/other trash etc.

That reason alone is good enough for me to buy a multiplayer game, now if that ain't enough...

Less content behind a paywall.

(Hopefully) bound CS items.

(Hopefully) no boosts/p2w CS crap.

(Hopefully) better customer support/service.

Anyway, personally i'd prefer it to be sub based, but B2P >>>>> F2P any-day for me.