• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

On to gender locked classes...

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think this is a genuine concern.

Why do asian mmos cater to a certain demographic? Why are the most interesting classes gender locked? I'm not saying we should have both male and female versions of the same class, but give male characters an interesting/fun class to play with for once 9_9

Just two brief examples to prove my point. 

Tera

Ninja - Elin/female

Reaper - Elin/female

Brawler - Female (I was so looking into this)

Gunner - Female 

Dragons Nest (not as popular, fun game nonetheless)

Lancer - Female 

Sorceress - Female

Archer - Female 

Academic - (very interesting class, too bad is gender locked)

Kali - Female 

Machina - Female

BDO

Ranger - Female

Tamer - Female

Sorceress - Female

Valkerie - Female (understandable)

Witch - Female (of course)

Kunoichi - Female 

Maehwa - Female

Dark Night - Female

What all these mmo have in common? all male classes are the same ; warriors, berserkers, pirests, mystics, assasins, wizards etc. The same mechanics, same roles, nothing out of the ordinary, nothing different, nothing interesting.

In BDO there's four different female magic/melee classes (hybrids) whereas, males have just one or two (not sure ninja counts). All I'm asking (alot of players actually) is to give male characters something different to play, I'm sure it'll make alot of people happy. There's no reason to lock the thread, as it is a genuine concern, I'm sure it has been brought up many time, but as long as mmos keep catering to a certain demographic (gender) discussions/concerns like this will keep happening. 

Edited by n4tive

Posted

I'm not saying we should have both male and female versions of the same class, 9_9

Why not?

Posted

You haven't played enough asian MMOs if you think this way.  

Posted (edited)

qq

shut up

there's nothing wrong with gender locking ,maybe you should focus on real issues instead - such as the ludicrous desync and laughable pvp balance and how little attention they pay to pvp despite it being the main selling point of the game and despite what anyone things, pve players wouldn't be here if the game wasn't as popular as it is and its only popular from pvp players and they can't pay some basic attention like reduce the max number of people in frigging rbf or fix desync or nerf classes that are clearly overpowered

instead we have bunch of kids nonstop whining about something as trivial as gender locking 

Edited by irrelevant

Posted

transgender class pls

Posted

Why do asian mmos cater to a certain demographic? Why are the most interesting classes gender locked? I'm not saying we should have both male and female versions of the same class, but give male characters an interesting/fun class to play with for once 9_9

Tera

Ninja - Elin/female

Reaper - Elin/female

Gunner - Female 

Lancer - Female 

Sorceress - Female

Archer - Female 

Kali - Female 

Machina - Female

BDO

Ranger - Female

Tamer - Female

Sorceress - Female

Kunoichi - Female 

Maehwa - Female

Dark Night - Female

What all these mmo have in common? all male classes are the same ; warriors, berserkers, pirests, mystics, assasins, wizards etc. The same mechanics, same roles, nothing out of the ordinary, nothing different, nothing interesting.

In BDO there's four different female magic/melee classes (hybrids) whereas, males have just one or two (not sure ninja counts). All I'm asking (alot of players actually) is to give male characters something different to play, I'm sure it'll make alot of people happy. There's no reason to lock the thread, as it is a genuine concern, I'm sure it has been brought up many time, but as long as mmos keep catering to a certain demographic (gender) discussions/concerns like this will keep happening. 

Technically all the classes use a bit of magic in their abilities, but I get what you are trying tosay. 

You have to look at their lore, although it is a bit bad, that states females in their game are more in-tune with magic and using magic than males. That means that magic/melee hybrids would be out because as we see with Wizard and their lore, it takes males a considerable amount of time to learn and use magic properly. That is why the females are magic/melee hybrids. They lack the physical raw strength and fortitude IN THE DEVELOPERS EYES to be strictly melee based classes. They need an "equalizer" so to speak. Also, yes there should be a fair balance between the class. We shouldn't be restricted to playing a female magic/melee hybrid class in any game these days, but that is the crap we have to deal with when Asian game developers create their lore and their game. 

Posted

Did you make another account for similar thread when the last one got locked?

Posted (edited)

Lancer - Female 

Sorceress - Female

Archer - Female 

Kali - Female 

Machina - Female

Dragon Nest* 
Those classes have an especific story behind them that would change/wouldn't have any sense if they had a male contrepart, for example, archers are ALL females, i think it was because they were born from a tree or something like that. The order of the sorceress just accept females, because the only time they accepted a male he betrayed them (And it's actually a raid, the "green" dragon).  
And academics are actually robots/clones, and the one who created them was a female. 

Long time i don't play so i'm not sure how the story changed since then.

Next time try to get more information about the game you're trying to put as example...
And there are other asian games that have male/female counterparts for most/all of their classes, as Blade & Soul or Revelation Online.

Edited by Sabura
1 person likes this

Posted

The term "locked" is already such a nonsense.

Nobody locked anything out, they just didn't make the effort to copy every class twice, creating twice as many models, maybe twice as many animations etc.

You make it sound like there would sit someone, and put a big lock on already developed and finished female/male classes, because he is a feminist or anti-feminist.

Posted

Half of the classes you listed have their counterparts in the game. Males can't be Kunoichi for obvious reasons (the game does draw inspirations from history/folklore), so you've got ninjas. Females are Sorceresses/Witches, so you've got your Wizards.

Why can't we have female Warrior / Berserker QQQ

Posted

Oh another thread about gender locked classes, funnnn

Posted

Oh another thread about gender locked classes, funnnn

I'm sure its because they closed the last one.

qq

shut up

there's nothing wrong with gender locking ,maybe you should focus on real issues instead - such as the ludicrous desync and laughable pvp balance and how little attention they pay to pvp despite it being the main selling point of the game and despite what anyone things, pve players wouldn't be here if the game wasn't as popular as it is and its only popular from pvp players and they can't pay some basic attention like reduce the max number of people in frigging rbf or fix desync or nerf classes that are clearly overpowered

instead we have bunch of kids nonstop whining about something as trivial as gender locking 

Well yea they shouldn't be making another badass looking class as a female only.From what i'm reading they should have just made it a male class and no one would be making these post.

Posted (edited)

Tera

Ninja - Elin/female

Reaper - Elin/female

Gunner - Female 

Lancer - Female 

Sorceress - Female

Archer - Female 

Kali - Female 

Machina - Female

BDO

Ranger - Female

Tamer - Female

Sorceress - Female

Kunoichi - Female 

Maehwa - Female

Dark Night - Female

Sorry this isn't a concern in my eyes.

Also I would rather play a female... And im female.  Male's always run weird have oddly shaped bodies and just are meh for me in a character sense.

Edited by Lemonz

Posted

If it wasn't for the nice graphics with sexy girls I wouldn't even see the appeal in eastern mmo's.

1 person likes this

Posted

If it wasn't for the nice graphics with sexy girls I wouldn't even see the appeal in eastern mmo's.

Western game's girls are too ugly for me to even consider playing them. Common I mean if you model the character as close to real humans as possible they wouldn't be that UGLY. What's the point of making them so outrageously ugly anyway? I don't see any benefits at all.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0