• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The price of gaming

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Simply put gaming is an expensive hobby.

Actually no it's not.  Not at all.  Even accounting for the cost of the system, gaming is by FAR one of the cheapest hobbies/forms-of-entertainment out there.

1 person likes this

Posted

What exactly is your point? Mine is that 10-250$ is reasonable for a game...what EXACTLY is yours?

My point is that your build-up lead to a point that doesnt make sense.

You talk about some gaming/hobby activities in general and take up prices etc. and then you basicly end it with "thats why 10$ is cheap for this game and ppl that complain about it are uneducated" while NOONE is complaining about that specific thing.

There have been plenty of complaints that the game is B2P and has cash shop partly due to the game being F2P in Korea but the majority of complaints are about the cash shop being expensive, not the games initial purchase price.

Basicly:

10$ game = :)

Expensive cash shop = :|

10$ game + expensive cash shop = :(

2 people like this

Posted

Since the beginning of video games, VGs cost money. Remember Pong? Pong was 400$ when it was 1st released. After Pong, came systems like Atari and Intellivision. Both of these consoles were over 300$ retail and came with 1 game. After that came Nintendo. Again this console was over 300$ upon release. None of this includes the price of a new game which could be anywhere from 20$-40$. If you wanted a strategy guide for any title it would be another 10-20$. Remember Arcades? A person could easily drop an entire roll of quarters (10$) on Street Fighter 2 in a few hours. Simply put gaming is an expensive hobby. Facebook literally ruined peoples idea of what video gaming is. People started expecting free games ( mostly people 25 and under ). Games shouldn't be free nor have they really ever been free. Remember "Ball"? "Ball" cost $ even. If you wanted to play "Ball" you had to go out and buy a ball. Hobbies aren't cheap, not 1 of them. So next time you feel like complaining about BDO with its 10$ permanent price tag, maybe do some homework on gaming and realize you are getting an absolutely smoking deal for this amazing game.

What the -----? Are you high? What is this stupidity in disguise? Where is your claim based on? Trying to get smart???

Wtf writing like shiet and addressing nonexisting problem without backing???

Posted (edited)

Epic nostalgia indeed my friend. Zelda may be the mother of all video game RPGs. Nintendo ah the days.......

Lol.

I guess somebody here never heard about Ultima and Wizardry

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

Actually no it's not.  Not at all.  Even accounting for the cost of the system, gaming is by FAR one of the cheapest hobbies/forms-of-entertainment out there.

There are many hobbies that literally cost nothing. It depends on your expectations.

Although I agree, that gaming is not one of the expensive hobbies, especially for good games when looking at cost per hour of entertainment. For most players that are regular in forums (and probably play several hours a day), that will be few cents per hour.

Nobody would have a problem with a 40$ single player game that has 40 hours of content and that's it. But for some reason, in MMOs people think that spending 10 bucks now and then, after thousands of hours, is too much already and is P2W. And at the same time feel entitled to have 0day support for every little game problem they encounter.

Posted

Since the beginning of video games, VGs cost money. Remember Pong? Pong was 400$ when it was 1st released. After Pong, came systems like Atari and Intellivision. Both of these consoles were over 300$ retail and came with 1 game. After that came Nintendo. Again this console was over 300$ upon release. None of this includes the price of a new game which could be anywhere from 20$-40$. If you wanted a strategy guide for any title it would be another 10-20$. Remember Arcades? A person could easily drop an entire roll of quarters (10$) on Street Fighter 2 in a few hours. Simply put gaming is an expensive hobby. Facebook literally ruined peoples idea of what video gaming is. People started expecting free games ( mostly people 25 and under ). Games shouldn't be free nor have they really ever been free. Remember "Ball"? "Ball" cost $ even. If you wanted to play "Ball" you had to go out and buy a ball. Hobbies aren't cheap, not 1 of them. So next time you feel like complaining about BDO with its 10$ permanent price tag, maybe do some homework on gaming and realize you are getting an absolutely smoking deal for this amazing game.

Why, I can be stupid and complain all I want. Just like you.

Posted

There are many hobbies that literally cost nothing. It depends on your expectations.

Mmm, I'm going to contest that.  I can't think of a hobby that is totally free of any cost at all.  I invite you to cite examples.  (this may come off arrogantly, I don't mean it so; I'm genuinely curious and interested in the topic).

1 person likes this

Posted

Mmm, I'm going to contest that.  I can't think of a hobby that is totally free of any cost at all.  I invite you to cite examples.  (this may come off arrogantly, I don't mean it so; I'm genuinely curious and interested in the topic).

Watching babes at the beach :P

1 person likes this

Posted

I anticipate that your answer will be, that anything costs, also a piece of paper, some shoes, what not... or even the price of a computer (that you have anyway).

Other than that, your hobby could be collecting bottles with refundable depost, even earning money ;) 

Observing animals.

Pretty much all games that kids play outside.

Singing, playing instrument (can get expensive, but doesnt have to be)

etc...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0