• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Changes to the Black Spirit Quest Line

50 posts in this topic

Posted

4) why i pay workers only with beer?

They are really slaves. Name is just censored 

Posted

http://blackdesertroleplayers.com/lore

This is more like background information tho.

And there is a 4h youtube video:

Tx..

now i'm working so i cannot see the video .. i know the lore site.. and it is good for story of some single realm... but it is difficult to understand what's going on in general.

Posted

All cutscenes you can watch only once. At alts you should have shorter story line (some quests are skipped) - It's intended. You can't back them atm.

I'm aware that you can only watch them once.  I started a new account for my Twitch stream, not just a new character an entire new account and I was really confused because there were no cut scenes where I expected them and there were several quest lines I just couldn't get.  Keplan is a great example of an area where the quests are just gone.

Posted

There's a story?

Haha, not anymore there's not. 

1) who is the black spirit?

2) which is the story of those realms (i read that they were in war)

3) valencia story

4) why i pay workers only with beer?

1) An ancient evil who is using you to regain his power while attempting to take control of your consciousness.

2) Calpheon (having already conquered Balenos and Keplan) fought a drawn-out war with Serendia which ended with Calpheon torching Heidel castle, capturing the King, and forcing him to sign a treaty with terms that basically shafted Heidel in every way.  Serendia became a vassal state and its King was demoted to Lord, who has given up on ruling and now just wants to secure a safe future for his daughter Jarette, the only one of his children who survived the castle fire.  She is engaged to Jordine, who now wields the real power in Heidel after climbing the ranks during the war.  Jordine feigns loyalty to Calpheon but is incredibly resentful of the war and treaty, plotting revenge against them to the point of obsession, and he has the support of many in Heidel who share his sentiment.

Calpheon tried to invade Valencia at one point as well, resulting in a stalemate after massive casualties on both sides, and indirectly leading to the assassination of the then-king of Calpheon and the establishment of its current government.

3) Haven't done quest in Valencia, no idea!

4) People always joked that they were slaves, lol.  It got so bad that the devs even added a note on the worker page saying they are paid with taxes from the territory.  If you want, you can also give them other foods like fish filet and oatmeal, or even snake stew.

Posted

4) People always joked that they were slaves, lol. 

You buy and sell them. 

When you fire them, they are sent to the Zerker firing squad for execution.

Keep that in mind  ^_^

Posted

One other issue with the rework of the Black Spirit quests...It used to be that you killed the boss (such as Red Nose) and you got several items including an inventory expansion.  Now you kill the boss and get your weapon upgrade or whatever and then the Black Spirit gives you a new quest for killing the boss you just killed, you accept it and you are promised an inventory expansion.  Then you have to go back in to the Black Spirit quests and complete the one you just accepted for the Inventory expansion....

Why is this a good idea?

Definitely poor design.

One way to shorten this process is instead of clicking exit after accepting the quest, just click the back button. Then you will get the reward screen without having to exit and re enter the BS .

This also works with daily boss scrolls which you already have the knowledge for.  

2 people like this

Posted

Just in case, i made a suggestion here

Posted

You buy and sell them. 

Hidden Content

You mediate their career evolution!!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Calpheon tried to invade Valencia at one point as well, resulting in a stalemate after massive casualties on both sides, and indirectly leading to the assassination of the then-king of Calpheon and the establishment of its current government..

I am doing this from memory but there was a plague that originated from Valencia (that also suffered from it) and they decided to blame Valencia for it with the support of the Church of Elion, this lead to a alliance from all other powers (except Mediah) lead by Calpheon and their invasion that failed because of the desert, I believe the alliance entire army was swallowed by a sandstorm, leading to the death of the King Calpheon that lead it.

Then later come the discovery of Black Stones, Valencia already used them to a lesser degree but this lead to a arms race, outside Valencia there was no other source and Valencia closed trade so they started to look for it, they found then in only two places ... Keplan and a swamp near Glish, Calpheon had none so the King decided to just secure the other areas so first was Keplan, Serendia was much harder as they had a much powerful military and Balenos I believe surrounded after Serendia fallen.

Then he planned to conquer Valencia but could not raise a army for it, so he raised taxation in attempt to pay for it leading to him having a "unfortunate accident".

It does have a good story but you really have to read the lore book entries to know most of it.

Posted

While leveling my Dark Knight I somehow missed the story quest at the Delphe Outpost with Combat Quests Only active, which led me to go back as a lvl 47 and do the quests following up to the Keplan story line leading up to the quest The Ancient Light where you get the quest to kill Belmorn. And to my disappointment it just stopped. I remember the story on my main to be quite enjoyable, even though it might've been abit long sometimes. But they really should add all the story quests back somehow, I feel like as a new player the story as it is now is a confusing mess that doesn't get resolved. I've also opened a ticket in hopes that they atleast acknowledge the issue. 

Posted

It's worse than this, actually.  They removed a large number of quests from 1-50 towns and combat zones, many of which weren't even involved with the Black Spirit.  They did this so haphazardly that several knowledge categories in Serendia and Calpheon can no longer be completed by new players.

The storyline, while disjointed before, now makes absolutely no sense.  Jordine and Belmorn are still ever-present throughout the early areas and you still go through the Monarch of Darkness story up until Keplan, where you're told that you've gathered what you need and now is the time to take him out.  Except you don't.  It just ends there and is never mentioned again.  Instead of fighting Jordine/Belmorn, you just drop the whole thing and later you fight some random Catfishman because why not.  

I get that they wanted to streamline things for new players, but this was a sloppy way to do it.  I created a thread on the bug forum in the hopes that they'll fix the unobtainable knowledge entries at least, but no word yet.

I understand why they changed the level 50 unlock quest to the Catfishman.  I killed Belmorn on all my characters before I even got through the Capital of Calpheon quests, so it just jumped forward in the story a LOT.

I was happy to hear of the change because I'd be able to go through the story as it is intended. I'm very disappointed to hear that it's broken.  :-(

Posted

Ah okay. This explains why as a returning player, leveling a Dark Knight....why I got to the bit around Keplan and the story with Jordine just abruptly stopped. I was thinking I missed something somewhere.

Im glad I got to experience it all on my Valk at launch, but wow! How -----ing lazy and sloppy is just going in and gutting out sections of the story? I know mobile phone games that make better decisions than these guys sometimes...

Posted

I've been trying to put a list together in this post of the lost knowledge entries and the quests associated with them, along with some additional info.  The total number of quests that got taken out is much larger than this.  I first noticed because I was questing in Keplan at the time, and most of the available quests in the area disappeared when the patch hit.  I thought it was a bug at first and started putting a full list together, but there were too many and I started to figure that most of them were deliberately removed rather than being bugged.  I gave up and limited the list to knowledge quests for now, after seeing scattered posts by people asking why they couldn't get this entry or that.

Basically any quest that now lists "Level > 0" as its requirement on bddatabase.net is one that was removed from the game, if you ever want to check on a specific quest.

I sent in a couple of tickets on these issues but I haven't received a response yet.

This is really awful... How could they be so careless about this?

Posted

Reading all of you guy's comments about the storyline makes me want to turn right back around and leave. When I first played this game a year ago, I started as a valk and I loved the storyline. I was wondering where all the content went. I knew it felt empty, but couldn't put my finger on it.

Posted

Reading all of you guy's comments about the storyline makes me want to turn right back around and leave. When I first played this game a year ago, I started as a valk and I loved the storyline. I was wondering where all the content went. I knew it felt empty, but couldn't put my finger on it.

Thing is... I was looking forward to re-playing it later with new classes... My memory si crap and i can play these rollercoasters every year as if it was my first time... So i already have almost no idea what those quests were about and i cant even play them again... :D

Posted

I actually liked the lore as well, and enjoyed the story. Always read the background info and texts too, like not just clicking through it, and then filled the gaps with my headcanon, if it didn't make sense etc. But now, after playing the first few level with the dark knight...well, it really feels empty. I get confused about things that were there before, but are now just skipped over.

Oh well... I'll just have to create even more headcanon about how the elf ladies are actually in charge of everything, even ruling calpheon behind the scenes, and are really the most powerful beings. Why wouldn't they just take over? Well, there are only female elves around, so they need the humans to procreate, obviously. Then the valkyrie order was formed to protect those innocent human males from the elf advances, and they fight a shadow war behind the scenes.

Jordine of course was secretly tempted by one of those elfladies to start a revolt, so he would weaken calpheon once more, and allow more elves to take over politics, it's the real reason why the things with Orwen happened too. :x So it's obvious that they would want to hide such things, so the fight with jordine is now gone to protect their secret agenda. ....yeah...

Posted

Gone along with the storyline are also quite a few quests which give inventory space and several bosses, including one of the three that should give a Dobart armor pive as reward. You need all three for the armor exchange quests around level 45, so one piece must now be bought, Also a tiny fraction of the old main questline still exists. From the Valkyrie academy to Keplan. This whole quest revamp is halfbaked and buggy. The order of some of the quests make no sense. You get sent to lower level areas again from previous higher level ones. The old questline was much more logical.

I know we will never get it back, but Pearl Abyss should at least fix the mess they've created. They took out the soul of the game.

Posted

Hey, I was only kidding.
I did try to know what was going on with the first character, but at a certain point it was quite messy and I lost track of what was what. There was this good guy that then was a bad guy. I am a bad guy (or influenced by one) that become the good guy by killing the bad guy. Then there's these three wise men that send me places where they are too. If I double back, they double back to to tell me the same stuff again....etc...

But note that I'm used to swtor that's it's the exact opposite as my mindset is "ok, kill 100 droids so my movie can continue? Be right back. Done, enter the cinematic!"

I agree if they took more time to create a compelling set of cinematic stories like SWTOR that would be amazing.... sadly they went the "get the player to max level so they can grind and spend money faster" route

1 person likes this

Posted

I understand that most people don't care about the quests and the lore in the game.  Most click through the quests as quickly as possible and that's good, if you don't care about the lore, that's fine...but I actually enjoy it and one of the things I liked the most about BDO was how much depth of character I felt there was to the NPCs.

I'm not sure why the Black Spirit quest line was overhauled but now it seems that all the character has been taking from it and I'm worried that it's too late now for me to see some of the cut scenes and piece together more of the story.  Was it really that much of a problem that the quest lines had to be gutted?

You are talking about new accounts or new alts? New character has shorter story line since CBT in Korea (2014/2015). New accounts have 

(or should have) all cut scenes. Long time ago players were asking for let us activate full story line at alts but a lot of time has passed.

Posted

You are talking about new accounts or new alts? New character has shorter story line since CBT in Korea (2014/2015). New accounts have 

(or should have) all cut scenes. Long time ago players were asking for let us activate full story line at alts but a lot of time has passed.

I am talking about new accounts.  I had run through the questline with my original account and purchased a second account for Twitch streaming.  It's that second account which has had virtually no cut scenes.  There are one or two but most of them are just gone.

Posted

I know we will never get it back, but Pearl Abyss should at least fix the mess they've created. They took out the soulspirit of the game.

FTFY

...Serendia became a vassal state and its King was demoted to Lord, who has given up on ruling and now just wants to secure a safe future for his daughter Jarette, the only one of his children who survived the castle fire.  She is engaged to Jordine, who now wields the real power in Heidel after climbing the ranks during the war.

4) People always joked that they were slaves, lol.  It got so bad that the devs even added a note on the worker page saying they are paid with taxes from the territory.  If you want, you can also give them other foods like fish filet and oatmeal, or even snake stew.

I started playing this game three weeks ago and I always wondered why the black spirit introduced me to Jarette and then never mentioned her again.  I'm still following it through Hexe atm and it feels pretty hollow.

As for the workers, I was pretty sure it was a translation 'error' from slaves because of the way some of the side quests involving the goblin workers played out.

Posted

To be fair Jarette shows up in like 2 cutscenes at the beginning and then never shows up again even in the og. But it's weird and quite dissapointing that they would remove the story. I remember accidentally skipping through the cutscene where you find Edan injured after infiltrating the shadow knight ritual and I had to go back and watch it on youtube, because I wasn't able to view it again even after following the main quest line quite faithfully on other playthroughs on alts. It just seems like a bad design choice, theres no point in removing it and the way they have removed it is particularly messy. 

Posted

Does Heidel ever gain independence from Calpheon? It seems like Jordine became the villain in all of this.

Posted

Jordine was more victim than villain. First backstabbed by the former king, then possessed by an ancient evil. The story originally mentioned that he got away after his Belmorn form was killed.

http://blackdesertroleplayers.com/lore

This is more like background information tho.

And there is a 4h youtube video:

Thanks for that vid. There are a few minor cutscenes in it that I don't remember ever seeing ingame.

Posted

Does Heidel ever gain independence from Calpheon? It seems like Jordine became the villain in all of this.

In the original story there was a strong theme of people who wanted to save their people/country/whatever but let the end result justify the means and ultimately became evil.  Jordine is one and Al Rhundi is another example.  You get conflicting information on Al Rhundi but if you get one of the little side quests you learn the rebels are stealing from the people they are purporting to save.

I would be interested in the actual reason they cut all this stuff.