• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

More male classes

More male characters   48 votes

1. 1. Should Pearl Abyss make more male classes/characters?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

Posted

As of now, 3/1/2017, the ratio game has 8 female characters and 5 males. Certain rules of course are in play that prohibits creating of male counterpart, such as the elfs which are female exclusive (the dude wearing the ignis is a warrior. Ignis is suppose to be available for warriors too, but scrapped(?) to be exclusive for Rangers).

This is not about sexual favoritism, as so many will try to argue with "I like looking at girls as, why do you a dude like to stare at dudes ass?" and sort of other arguments will come to rise in this suggestion. 

Well, I cannot speak for the community, but I my opinion as a player who owns all classes is this. When I play, I dont stare at ANY ass or any appealing nature of the characters. The main reason for the suggestion is simply to address the elephant in the room, the inequality of genders, nothing more and nothing less. 

Hopefully, with the results of this poll, our Community Managers and Game Manager will do the right thing and report the results of this.

That is all
- Luca

Just going to add that isnt a poll to demand for classes to be made as soon as possible, but rather a suggestion for a response from PA about the desire of the community.

5 people like this

Posted

I just would like more male classes because I feel it would be a nice variation then. They could half male-exclusive classes like berserk since tamer, sorc, dk, and ranger are female exclusive (unless they're getting a counterpart) 

Posted

Only 8/13 females? I suggest, pa make that 20/25 females. 

Posted (edited)

I'd suggest they make a sex change coupon.

Only 8/13 females? I suggest, pa make that 20/25 females

To hell with that. 

Edited by TheCure

Posted

I hope ranger and dk get male counterparts ;-;

2 people like this

Posted

They wont make male chars, it just isnt profitabele for them and gives them more work, this is how you see the future of a game is when they start cuting shortcuts as making only females/males for classes, is minum effort whit many people buying their costumes... 

Posted

They wont make male chars, it just isnt profitabele for them and gives them more work, this is how you see the future of a game is when they start cuting shortcuts as making only females/males for classes, is minum effort whit many people buying their costumes... 

Dafuq? How is it not profitable lolol They added musa and ninja, what makes you think they won't add more?

Posted

Dafuq? How is it not profitable lolol They added musa and ninja, what makes you think they won't add more?

I think he means more and more guys like to dress up in drag these days.If this was a moba i'd understand but its looking more like tera 2.0

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, it really shitty like this. For me personally, I just don't like playing girls in an online mmorpg. This is 2017, gender only classes and race shouldn't be a thing.

1 person likes this

Posted

2017-03-13_-1870398837.thumb.JPG.b9e6b0c

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm still waiting on a "MALE" Dark Knight announcement.

They drop the ball on this one, I only made it for the slot and don't plan on leveling it up (Going to delete it , after I type out this thread , so they don't lie about their class numbers to their investors).

If this game keeps going the way it's going, I'm done. Tired of the big booty, big boob, with bikini mail fighters running around.

I actually talked to Pearl Abyss on facebook and they said that the gender lock will not stop and to make a posting about DK's having a male counter part but that was all. I'm not holding my breath on what's going to happen, but like I said, if another female class comes out, I'll be moving on and liquidating my account to some random.

Edited by Averdun
2 people like this

Posted

Dark knight being a female only class is a bit unfair, they need to do something about getting rid of this gender lock on most classes (Except Valkyrie, Obviously)

Or at least add some new awesome male classes to balance the scale.

2 people like this

Posted

While i can appreciate the need for many young males to see bouncy mammaries and tight butts and ridiculous high heels it's stupid to gender lock almost everything. I'm a girl and I don't want to look at female butts and floppies thanks much.  Lets break the mold and put a male option with adjustable package size in the character creater it would be the only mmo I know of to allow the adjustment of the male naughty bits.  It's only fair, if you can put more cleavage on the girls I want to be able to put more package on my male toons.  I am also a bit tired of the ridiculous high heels on all the footwear with the possible exception of the maid footwear which is also not a flat.  I would like a touch more reality in my attire thank you much and high heels do not work in the dirt and muck and what is with the stupid puffy skirts that almost look more like a tutu (ballerina garb) than a dress.  if you're sticking with the anime type body styles and costuming at least put in some much more oriental looking costumes with real leggings or pants and practical footwear and headwear.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

While i can appreciate the need for many young males to see bouncy mammaries and tight butts and ridiculous high heels it's stupid to gender lock almost everything. I'm a girl and I don't want to look at female butts and floppies thanks much.  Lets break the mold and put a male option with adjustable package size in the character creater it would be the only mmo I know of to allow the adjustment of the male naughty bits.  It's only fair, if you can put more cleavage on the girls I want to be able to put more package on my male toons.  I am also a bit tired of the ridiculous high heels on all the footwear with the possible exception of the maid footwear which is also not a flat.  I would like a touch more reality in my attire thank you much and high heels do not work in the dirt and muck and what is with the stupid puffy skirts that almost look more like a tutu (ballerina garb) than a dress.  if you're sticking with the anime type body styles and costuming at least put in some much more oriental looking costumes with real leggings or pants and practical footwear and headwear.

Please, no more heels. Who in their right mind is going to go fight in a war in heels! Muskan shoes was the biggest disappointed I've ever had, they look so great, but then they have a massive heel in the back, it just doesn't seem all that effected of a boot to wear in combat when you look at it aesthetically. 

Edited by Alivyre
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm all for male counterparts with slight differences but not a straight up addition of male or female choice. So like (wizard/witch) (warrior/valkyrie) (ninja/kunoich) (musa/maehwa) and i believe this will be their plan going forward with new classes. Unless they get really lazy and just straight up add male or female choice for each class or shop item that allows for a sex change. The next natural step would be to allow other races to play as other classes.

But i'm more for the male/female counter part because that gives us more classes.

Some ideas for male counterparts could be:

Sorcerer--> Warlock

Ranger --> Pathfinder or Archer or Hunter

Tamer --> Summoner or Beastmaster

Dark knight--> Warden or Paladin or Dragoon (struggling for ideas with this one)

Berserker --> Amazon (apparently female giants are rare so the lore could explain a lack of a female berserker counterpart)    

3 people like this

Posted

After several hundred hours i start to see myself in my character and that character becomes closer to being me. It can be weird for some people to see themselves in their character in the opposite gender and start questioning them self. It's weird to me when people make their waifus and fall in love with their character while seeing themselves in their character. I'm a male that mains tamer because I like the play style. If there was a male version that would have been nice as I'm a lazy mmo er and don't want to switch later.

On the note of sex sells, I get that companies want more money but I'm getting tired of it .-. I want my tamer and other females to look badass not like a sex toy. but i think im different than most tamers in that by looking at their discord...

1 person likes this

Posted

As a male who prefers to play male characters the only male class I found at all interesting was wizard and I had to heavily customize the young wizard face to get a look I wanted. The rest of the male classes seem to be melee bound and do not interest. Me much. Where are the ranged classes for males? Where's the variety?