• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

My theory as to why we have not yet visited the land north of Valencia.

19 posts in this topic

Posted

It's the location of Goma Naru.

It's pretty obvious that our characters are the mercenaries who were at Goma Naru when the dark energy wiped it out. And the original tutorial for new characters involved us washing up on Illya Island with amnesia. Hence all the low level mobs and quests. Geographically speaking, it's feasible that our characters drifted to Illya from the land north of Valencia. Granted we do not know what happened between the cinematic and wash up, you could easily drift between the two locations in a straight line. I have not seen any other hints as to the exact location of Goma Naru in the current world so far. But somewhere inline with Illya island by water makes the most sense.

Chances are, they are saving this area for last. If Goma Naru is located on that land mass, so is the Black Desert. If our character's story has an ending, it happens there...

3 people like this

Posted

Sounds plausible.

Although I feel compelled to point out that drifting in a straight line on the ocean would be incredibly unlikely. Especially in an area with so many islands, river mouths, etc. So they'd probably have bounced around a bit first.

Posted

*SPOILER*

We haven't gone there because it hasn't been designed yet.

Posted

Yeah thats a pretty solid guess.  Makes sense, and from the intro cinematic you can see Goma Naru is some kind of desert town/city so being north of Valencia would fit nicely, and that northern area borders the sea so yeah...  good stuff.

1 person likes this

Posted

Crazy black savages live there who are cannibals

Posted

Black desert is already in game...The map when you go to Valencia says "The Great Black Desert (Valencia)". I do like the theory, though. 

Posted

From earlier maps, the place above Valencia was called the Makai Tribe territory, but that may have changed already since the landmasses got revamped multiple times in the past.

so is the Black Desert.

The Black Desert is what the people in Calpheon call the desert due to its resources that can be found there, whereas the people in Valencia call it the Red Desert from all the blood shedding wars that held place in the past.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Valencia must be pretty weak compared to Calpheon cuz why would the stronger state fight on their own land? It was obviously a losing battle since the Red Desert is east of Bazaar which means Calpheon has already conquered western part of Valencia.

Edited by FapperJack

Posted

There is a new tutorial about washing up on illya? I don't remember that? 

Posted

It's the location of Goma Naru.

It's pretty obvious that our characters are the mercenaries who were at Goma Naru when the dark energy wiped it out. And the original tutorial for new characters involved us washing up on Illya Island with amnesia. Hence all the low level mobs and quests. Geographically speaking, it's feasible that our characters drifted to Illya from the land north of Valencia. Granted we do not know what happened between the cinematic and wash up, you could easily drift between the two locations in a straight line. I have not seen any other hints as to the exact location of Goma Naru in the current world so far. But somewhere inline with Illya island by water makes the most sense.

Chances are, they are saving this area for last. If Goma Naru is located on that land mass, so is the Black Desert. If our character's story has an ending, it happens there...

I played since the beta and even then tutorial started in Olvia, not Illya.

Posted (edited)

Valencia must be pretty weak compared to Calpheon cuz why would the stronger state fight on their own land? It was obviously a losing battle since the Red Desert is east of Bazaar which means Calpheon has already conquered western part of Valencia.

I think it's called the red desert because the calpheon army wich wanted to go to Valencia got burried there in a sandstorm.

The story is somewhere on this website. (cant link directly cuz my work blocked this website LUL)

http://www.blackdesertroleplayers.com/lore/

Edited by DarkBever

Posted

There is a new tutorial about washing up on illya? I don't remember that? 

I think I read somewhere that KR Beta had rangers starting there, but scrapped it because people complained about the ferry ride to get back to the mainland :D

Posted

I think I read somewhere that KR Beta had rangers starting there, but scrapped it because people complained about the ferry ride to get back to the mainland :D

ah I see, thanks.    Do we know if there is anywhere online where someone has written a full overview of the storyline from start to Valencia part 2? I have complet d it but it was very confusing and now I really want to know the full story. ☺️

Posted

ah I see, thanks.    Do we know if there is anywhere online where someone has written a full overview of the storyline from start to Valencia part 2? I have complet d it but it was very confusing and now I really want to know the full story. ☺️

The link DarkBever posted above is the most in-depth lore website I know of.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Played a Ranger (among other classes) in multiple KR betas, never started on Illya. Maybe in alphas/internal betas?

Edited by Zephan

Posted (edited)

Played a Ranger (among other classes) in multiple KR betas, never started on Illya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9JEQu-lMGs&index=69&list=PL6nXbuLHGVnZQwohlW0asKLMhT7R_qZtf 

• Ranger: Iliya Island
  • Warrior: Velia, broken down house next to Artemio Fiazza
  • Giant: Velia, at the beach
  • Sorceress: Mausoleum that is located a bit south of Velia.
Edited by Alterist
3 people like this

Posted

In KR CBT (2 to 4 from memories), every class started at a different location around Velia (sorc was near the mausoleum for example) and ranger indeed started at Illya.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

OK great that people confirmed my experience. cause  I played a bit of  CBT 2 and indeed started  on illiya. and i remember the community boat trips.

Edited by Luciferia

Posted (edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9JEQu-lMGs&index=69&list=PL6nXbuLHGVnZQwohlW0asKLMhT7R_qZtf 

• Ranger: Iliya Island
  • Warrior: Velia, broken down house next to Artemio Fiazza
  • Giant: Velia, at the beach
  • Sorceress: Mausoleum that is located a bit south of Velia.

Oh yeah, now that I see that I do remember reading about changed starting areas for the beta that I started in... Man, it it's been so long. -_-

I can definitely see the commute from Illya being a pain in the ass, and having multiple starting points all in Velia is a bit pointless, but still I wish they'd kept separate starting areas in general, it'd make getting alts past the mandatory first quests a lot more interesting.

Edited by Zephan
1 person likes this