• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Remove Gem Shatter Until Servers Fixed

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

60mil in gems gone in the last few weeks because of server lag.  Two BMC vipers and an awakened spirit crystal.  GM's won't compensate this.  I've died three times now farming areas like pila ku just because the server decides to lag out for over 10 seconds at a time.  I am afraid to wear my helmet with XP gems in it because those can't be replaced and instead of giving back gems gone from server lag, support tells you to fix your router.

Please don't say it's my internet either.  My entire guild has this issue.  Channel chat talks about this issue.  The servers have gotten very bad in the last week in particular.

Late edit: please at least remove shatter from XP gems.  Players don't deserve to lose irreplaceable gems over server issues.

Edited by Parae
14 people like this

Posted

Kzarka na was pretty terrible earlier, they really need to do something 

Posted

I concur. There are situations where I visibly see myself away from the mob then rubberband backward and dead. I know it's not my machine because I literally just bought all-new parts last week, and I have 200down/20 up...

Posted

This wasn't even at bosses.  Just regular farming but the game comes and goes into lag world for 5-10 seconds at a time which is more than enough to get people killed.

Posted

they gave us free stuff so the gold sink has to come from somewhere lol.

Posted

they gave us free stuff so the gold sink has to come from somewhere lol.

That isn't going to replace event-only experience gems for helmets.

unknown.png

GM's will only say how sorry they are and how they know it's frustrating before immediately turning the blame on the individual's internet.  This was in reply to a ticket showing both party and channel chat talking about a server rubberbanding occurrence.

Posted

That isn't going to replace event-only experience gems for helmets.

unknown.png

GM's will only say how sorry they are and how they know it's frustrating before immediately turning the blame on the individual's internet.  This was in reply to a ticket showing both party and channel chat talking about a server rubberbanding occurrence.

I love how they always tell you to disable your firewall and antivirus... hahahaha

Posted

I love how they always tell you to disable your firewall and antivirus... hahahaha

Ah yes, I forgot how my antivirus is causing a 10 second delay and desync and D/Cs when I'm watching twitch in the background with no problems. Clearly I need to sacrifice more goats, right?

Posted (edited)

So bare with me for a moment, but does anyone remember the thread awhile back that detailed the different packages available through the hosting provider for BDO servers? Long story short the OP in said topic theorized that kakao was using one of the lower tier data packages, that throttled bandwidth available to the servers as you hit bandwidth "caps" each month. Ive always felt that this was a very plausible theory. would go in line with the consistently inconsistent server issues that we all experience. (the last week or so you say? the last week of the month? almost as if they hit their cap and had their bandwidth throttled). Today, server performance is great, I have experienced 0 instances of rubber banding in a few hours of play since the most recent maintenance.

I want to add that I am not trying to criticize, but if someone could pass the theory along to the people who handle the relationship between Kakao and the hosting provider we might actually see this issue solved in the near future.

*edit* http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/121143-edan-lag/&page=1 this is the topic in question.

Also adds credence the theory even though this is pre merge, as Eden I felt to have a higher population vs the other servers = larger amount of bandwidth used = hitting caps sooner vs other servers.

Edited by Brickwall
posted link

Posted

Ya I was watching that Kzarka fight on stream.... when it was happening the entire server took a good 20-30 second shit.  Lucky for me I put block up and backed up to a wall potting furiously.  When the game caught back up I had like 200hp remaining

This shit is out of control lately.

Posted

Too many damn ppl for the server to handle, merging was failure.

Posted

Nice to know I wasn't the only one experiencing freak lag today. And I don't mean FPS drops..

The rubberbanding was amazing..

Posted

Did the stupid GMs piss on the server computer or something? If not they should really consider dividing servers.

Posted

The last two hours have been especially awful, every few minutes there has been a 10-30 second delay, reported by everyone in my guild and folks I was PvP'ing with. On the bright side, FPS has been fantastic lately but that doesn't really do us any good if the server isn't responding in the first place.

Posted

Shit servers... Highly suggest using alt gear.

Its nearly gotten me a few times but I like RNG on top of my RNG... 

Posted (edited)

I lost 2% experience today, and 7m worth of crystals today. That's 2.5-3 hours worth of experience... the 7m I can overlook...

Edited by Priscilla

Posted

They stopped giving away global compensations after month 4-5 of BDO. It was to reoccurring. Every week we got a 5 GM blessing pack lol. Better to just blame everyone else instead of giving people extra 10-20% boosts.

Posted

Flood GMs with complaint emails and maybe, just maybe they'll do some sort of compensation.

Posted (edited)

happened to me so many times, broke awakened crystals, black crystals, 10% exp gems, blah blah blah

sent in 2 tickets total the 2nd one is being ignored (I sent in about a month ago).

now that I got used to the server lag, what you want to do is the second you are not hitting mobs at pila ku, gahaz, aakman, etc.

you want to v -> esc -> escape.

then wait 5 mins (cooldown of the escape function)

go back grinding, if you are lagging again, just repeat.

Edited by GamePois0n

Posted

This is a good idea. It seems theres a lot of new players and thats great, but losing the gems to server lag is annoooooooying.

Posted

Last week i died at bandits cuz of a stupid d/c. Guess what!? Lost both my zarka crystals (40mils) and 1%. 

Submited a ticket and all i got back  was a "we will look into it when we will have time".

With shit like this, i caan be a gm too. 

Posted

i lost +10% crystal since there was a huge lag in a valencia zone (WTF.. there were no one there... only a lot of mobs)

Crystal chance to be broken has to be lowered A LOT (or bring it to 0 during boss encounters and levelling)

Posted

From my personal experience it isnt the servers causing it, its your connection, either your downloading something you dont know about or jitter, i have had my fair share of dc's and network lag and i know its my end

Posted

60mil in gems gone in the last few weeks because of server lag.  Two BMC vipers and an awakened spirit crystal.  GM's won't compensate this.  I've died three times now farming areas like pila ku just because the server decides to lag out for over 10 seconds at a time.  I am afraid to wear my helmet with XP gems in it because those can't be replaced and instead of giving back gems gone from server lag, support tells you to fix your router.

Please don't say it's my internet either.  My entire guild has this issue.  Channel chat talks about this issue.  The servers have gotten very bad in the last week in particular.

Because they are right, its not a server issue there. If the server "lags out for over 10 seconds at a time" don't you think more and more people would be complaining about that?

If you experience a real bug and die to them and loose a crystal then yes (like i did with karanda, standing in the middle when he makes his outside circle aoe and i am still dying 100-0 instantly.) then you  can request a crystal back. Their servers running very well and 90% of the people playing have no problems with server connectivity and lag whatsoever. Yet there are 10% that experience these issues.

Though i sometimes highly doubt that people dieying through lag, i rather suspect something like pk pve deaths. I have seen many crystals shatter due to mobs last hit in pk situations :)

So to sum it up, its not their servers, its either your internet connection or some router in the middle (and Kakao has no influence on badly routed data transfer routers of certain providers that sit between your home connection and the bdo servers themself)

Posted (edited)

Half of my guild and random people in channel chat don't live with me and share my internet.  Yet they get rubber band spikes at the same time as me.  You're probably right though, it's just me, and coincidence, couldn't possibly be the servers.

Because they are right, its not a server issue there. If the server "lags out for over 10 seconds at a time" don't you think more and more people would be complaining about that?

If you experience a real bug and die to them and loose a crystal then yes (like i did with karanda, standing in the middle when he makes his outside circle aoe and i am still dying 100-0 instantly.) then you  can request a crystal back. Their servers running very well and 90% of the people playing have no problems with server connectivity and lag whatsoever. Yet there are 10% that experience these issues.

Though i sometimes highly doubt that people dieying through lag, i rather suspect something like pk pve deaths. I have seen many crystals shatter due to mobs last hit in pk situations :)

So to sum it up, its not their servers, its either your internet connection or some router in the middle (and Kakao has no influence on badly routed data transfer routers of certain providers that sit between your home connection and the bdo servers themself)

Edited by Parae