• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

first impressions on DK now that youve played her yourself

63 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

imo, ever since the first trailer for DK, i thought she was going to be slow...this is true

but as i leveled up her i got used to to her buttons and it felt a little better, but still it doesn't seem to flow

one moment im dodging ridiculously fast and creating huge distance, but when it gets into close combat its pretty much stationary and sluggish

and all of her sword attacks are horizontal slashes, guess u cant rly do much with a giant knife/sword anyway

perhaps im too used to the ninja life..

Edited by HuangHo

Posted

I dunno, I'm only level 18 and it feels pretty fast and fluid to me. Wish the dashes had shorter CDs (or no CDs better yet...) but it works.

Posted

i dig her really. but then again ppl complained that mae was "clunky" and i thought she just required a bit of understanding to c/d. now you can spam stuff with plum a bit more, and i do still love her.

DK is a bit slow, but thats fine by me. shes a lot of fun so far and it will take weeks for me to really understand if i like her trully or not. right now, shes a thumbs up. and she looks better in reblath than ANYONE.

D

Posted

I think shes really good, i enjoy all her skills and will defo continue to lvl her up as a secondary main , ive played a few classes (valk,tamer,kuno and musa) and i prefer dk over all of them. I main witch and will still main it

Posted

How is she on higher lvl. I would not call a flow when u killing mobs by 1 shot on low lvls. Is it worth to spend time and money. Is she will be like wiz?

Posted

How is she on higher lvl. I would not call a flow when u killing mobs by 1 shot on low lvls. Is it worth to spend time and money. Is she will be like wiz?

For that answer you need to wait for awakening because thats what you will be using 99% of the time.

Posted

For that answer you need to wait for awakening because thats what you will be using 99% of the time.

well true. Any ideas when it's coming? :)

Posted

Awakening I think its in 1 month as they are trying to catch up to korean bdo so they don't have to update 3 separate games (or that's what I heard).

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm only level 25 and so far the gameplay is rather...odd.

It's probably because of my lack of skills and understanding, but most of her skills so far roughly look the same and appear to do about the same thing, which makes it hard to understand what exactly I'm supposed to use a lot. Though that's probably going to sort itself out with some time and research.

Apart from that she's really slow, but I actually prefer that over some super fast character where I would have even less of a clue of what the hell I'm even doing :$

Edited by Neaniel

Posted

Almost 57 and have her 58 in kr. She has weak damage pre awakening, but becomes OP afterwards.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't understand all these comments about her being slow. I'm zipping around fights even faster than I did on my sorc (57) so far, and I'm only running 3 attack speed.

Seriously, this class doesn't feel slow at all...

4 people like this

Posted

Almost 57 and have her 58 in kr. She has weak damage pre awakening, but becomes OP afterwards.

With awakening skills, is she more of a close to mid range caster?  I'm always worried how some classes completely change once they get their awakening weapon.

Posted

I'm up to 48, and she did feel clunky at first, but something clicked more when I was doing 45-48 at crons, the combos really started to make sense. The timing is different than my kuno or ninja, but I like it a lot so far.

Posted

The DK seems to be a very entertaining class to play indeed. I like the sorceress with a sword idea. Best thing is I get to raise her life skills and have been getting plenty of logs harvesting trees which I need for the ship.  Also the dodge attacks are a lot of fun to use as well as the charge attacks.

2017-03-01_168294199.thumb.JPG.ed94b24ae

Posted

I main a Maehwa but I plan to invest a Kzarka and boss offhand into my Dark Knight, unlike any of my alts before where they're just energy dumps. I initially thought Dark Knight looked boring and slow, but now that I play her, her combat is really fun and fluid.

Posted

With awakening skills, is she more of a close to mid range caster?  I'm always worried how some classes completely change once they get their awakening weapon.

DK become a spellsword. Some skills are magic and others are with your weapon.

Posted

Haven't been this bored in a while. Can't wait to reach lvl 55 and go back to my Maehwa.

Posted

Just what we need, another OP unbalanced class.....

Posted

So far ive been enjoying the class alot, to my surprise O.o Wasnt expecing that at all, but its very simple and fluid. Feels similar to Sorc and Maehwa so i had no troubles with the transition. My concerns are more towards the awakening. I rarely play ranged classes in my MMO's but this seems to try and combine a bit of melee AND ranged so perhaps it will be a good blend.

Posted (edited)

Just what we need, another OP unbalanced class.....

DK is a great glass cannon for group PvP. That's why is "OP". In 1v1 is bad, if a dk is CCed is dead.

Edited by Edremis

Posted

DK is a great glass cannon for group PvP. That's why is "OP". In 1v1 is bad, if a dk is CCed is dead.

Doesnt that CC thing count for every class except Warrior and Berserk ?

Posted

I main a Maehwa but I plan to invest a Kzarka and boss offhand into my Dark Knight, unlike any of my alts before where they're just energy dumps. I initially thought Dark Knight looked boring and slow, but now that I play her, her combat is really fun and fluid.

Same once I hit 30 last night and was able to get more skill, it went super fast and surprising her AOE is pretty damn OP for PVE.

Posted

Hit 56 yesterday after 4 hours, figured out the rotation and the skill addons and I can farm extremely fast. Just zipping through the field. I like to so much better than my zerker.

Posted

Hit 56 yesterday after 4 hours, figured out the rotation and the skill addons and I can farm extremely fast. Just zipping through the field. I like to so much better than my zerker.

And you're going to share your build/skill combos for the rotation.... right???  :x

Posted

I don't understand all these comments about her being slow. I'm zipping around fights even faster than I did on my sorc (57) so far, and I'm only running 3 attack speed.

Seriously, this class doesn't feel slow at all...

Sorc unawakened alternates stinger, crows, and rushing crow, much faster... What do you mean? Sorcs my main (60), got dk to 51 so far, and it is indeed slow, but strong for unawakened.