• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

first impressions on DK now that youve played her yourself

63 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As a lvl56 DK with 230AP, played almost every class beyond lvl 57, i must say, DK is no way to compete with tamer/ranger/wizard/witch in terms of clearing mob speed. our strongest skill is barely enough to 1 shot the weakest naga at 230ap. Other skills can only take about half hp of the weakest naga  

201602_1723_gdhec_sm.jpg

DK doesn't even have awakening yet

Edited by SageYo
3 people like this

Posted

"Our strongest skill is barely enough to 1 shot the weakest naga at 230ap"

201602_1723_gdhec_sm.jpg

Yeah, I wouldn't compare DK to any awakened class right now - especially in Valencia. DK has been been so much stronger than my maehwa and my sorc were pre-awakened.

1 person likes this

Posted

201602_1723_gdhec_sm.jpg

Exactly what I think when I read half of these reviews. 

2 people like this

Posted

slow, so very very slow
awkward
upgrading skills cost way too many skill points
weak
Not worth playing

Source: leveling to 55

Notes:
if it wasn't for the rewards i'd never have even leveled it that high. Horrible over hyped class.
Leveled with 164ap using a +15 saiyer offhand.

I made it to 55 on release day and I feel mostly the same. It's slow and awkward for me, for others it seems easy and fun. I'll get it to 56 when the awakening is released and try it out again. I play a sorc and pre awakened it was also weird and awkward to play but now it flows really well.

Posted

I am super happy with DK got to 56 now and i have a blast so far, can stop playing.

The mix between AE Spells / Movement and Strikes just feels right, and i enjoy that dk dos not have a "way to go" Spell that can just be spammed over and over again.

Sure F gets used often, but not this often, and allmost all spells feel nice if chained like doing a combo.

The Animation of the Spells just have the right impact to it, the visuals are nice, and the feeling is just right.

I rly hope the awakening will not destroy my fun with this class.

1 person likes this

Posted

Got to 57 and decided I won't be playing DK until awakening happens. My zerker feels more fluid and easier to grind with. Don't get me wrong I love DK, it just doesn't compare to awakened classes right now.

Posted

201602_1723_gdhec_sm.jpg

It is still true compare to pre-awakening tamer/ranger/witch/wizard

Posted

And you're going to share your build/skill combos for the rotation.... right???  :x

Pray he doesn't...he sped to 56... he barely knows anything proper about the class.

Posted (edited)

My first impression is :

DK is freaking powerfull  1-2 skill and you nuke everything ( and i'am only playing with a +7 kalis weapon ) compare to the others class i play, its definitely more powerfull.

Its also kinda OP how you can spam the smoky haze since dusk give you back many MP.

1 active block + 2 block on different skill

So many way to regain MP ( and HP ) oO

I dont know & frankly dont care how that class is for pvp, but for pve, that's definitely pretty OP xD

On the other hand the DK fight is sooooooooooooo slow that's... Zzzz.

Edited by woots

Posted

Got to 56 and waiting for awakening, AoE skills are strong. Very cool Vedir Dogma and ultimate animation, that air strike is nice too. A lot of combos but only some is useful for PvP, I already saw a skill tree for PvP from another thread. Needs adequate amount AP depending on what DK is killing and definitely accuracy so far but don't have boss weapon and offhand yet. It plays like a Musa's long sword but without dashing.

Posted

I've raised almost all classes to 56-57, every class has a learning curve. Once I got past the DK's, it became easy to grind and level to 56. Took very little time actually. I enjoy the mobility skills, they're easy to use, and have a semi-reasonable cool down. Only got into one pvp fight against another DK at lv54, against a lv56. She had more AP and I had more DP, after I won maybe 4 times, they left me alone. So to me the class doesn't really feel THAT squishy, but I have decent gear though. I like the class so far, but I know I will LOVE it once the awakening comes out. Can't wait! 

This is my current set up. 

http://bdoplanner.com/save/[[12],[11046,19,[-1,-1]],[11031,19,[-1,-1]],[11016,18,[-1,-1]],[11015,18,[-1,-1]],[[12007,2],[12007,2]],[[11828,1],[11808,2]],[12230,2],[11625,2],[11360,18,[-1,-1]],[-1,0],[10740,18,[-1,-1]],[-1],[-1,[-1]],[-1],[-1],[-1],[-1]]

1 person likes this

Posted

She feels really smooth and I love the way here skills flow into each other. They give you a variety of options and grinding isn't bad at all. Her movement is a huge plus and from the small number of pvp interactions I have had she does well enough. I would of really liked to see how she was competing against other classes before all their awakenings came out. I think she would of been quite strong. I think she is fantastic and definitely my new main, though I feel i always want more skill points.

Level 57 DK, 750+ SP and 201 AP.  

Posted

She's strong indeed, I'm liking her, she needs a little finesse to start going. I even had some 1v1 action against another DK attempting to commit DK-on-DK crime against another afk DK (it's raining DK). 

DKNY