• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

bannable? Is this even allowed??

51 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm a pretty new player, so I look to reddit and other sites for advice, I came across a thread where people were warning each other about nude mods and the game possibly detecting them.
Are these things even allowed in the game and why do people even mod mmorpgs? Isn't games like skyrim and such for things like that? Do the GMs here even ban people for doing things like this?

Posted

Nude mods are not allowed, no editing of the game is. I guess people still do it, and don't get caught in some cases.

Posted

No it's against the TOS.

Also LOL/r/BDO didn't Kakao stop supporting them last year or something because of the whole "P2W" fiasco they pulled?

Posted (edited)

The tos says that changes to the game files that affect the gameplay will result in ban.

Changing the charcter model doesn't affect the gameplay, as it's visisble only for you. Can't be detected either, since it's not a hack or injector or anything. According to the forum platform for this mod, no one was banned for it ever.

Still, use on your own risk :D

Edited by Chun-Chun
1 person likes this

Posted

nude mod... why tho ==

Posted

nude mod... why tho ==

People don't like the over-sexualized high-heels with pretty much all costumes... so they remove them :ph34r:

14 people like this

Posted

People don't like the over-sexualized high-heels with pretty much all costumes... so they remove them :ph34r:

over-sexualized high-heels

over-sexualized 
high-heels
NUDE... MOD...

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

15 people like this

Posted

while it doesn't affect gameplay its Ok

Posted

Those "mods" are normally scams, so don't fall for that crap.

LOL Asterotis, good one.

Posted

That's quite a unique way of asking "Can I use nude mod guys?"

6 people like this

Posted

while it doesn't affect gameplay its Ok

I see what you did there...

Posted

I see what you did there...

nope you are wrong :(
is not what you think :(

Posted

over-sexualized 
high-heels
NUDE... MOD...

-snip-

I see this level is already to much for this board. Let me clarify for you:

wJ5fcq8.png

9 people like this

Posted

You are confusing "people" with "a few feminist fanatics".

Changing the charcter model doesn't affect the gameplay, as it's visisble only for you. Can't be detected either, since it's not a hack or injector or anything. According to the forum platform for this mod, no one was banned for it ever.

then what comes next? modding the ghillie suits into red glowing stuff with a big arrow over the head? is not much difference "only visible for you".

Posted

then what comes next? modding the ghillie suits into red glowing stuff with a big arrow over the head? is not much difference "only visible for you".

Yea. You can already do that. 

Does it affect you in anyway if another player does it?

Posted

OP = American guy/woman from around 30 year old?

Posted

Ghille suits aren't pay to win!  
>Changing Ghille suits to not be 'pay to win' should be bannable!

Posted

I'm a pretty new player

How pretty are you? 

I hope you don't mind me asking...

Posted

Yea. You can already do that. 

Does it affect you in anyway if another player does it?

Yes, I don't like to play online games with cheaters.

Posted

Within a split-second, it turns out to a fight in here.

Ask yourself = What is Love!!

Posted (edited)

Yes, I don't like to play online games with cheaters.

How is it cheating? You gain bothing by doing it.

cheat
tʃiːt/
verb
gerund or present participle: cheating
  1. 1.
    act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.
    "she always cheats at cards"
  2. 2.
    avoid (something undesirable) by luck or skill.
    "she cheated death in a spectacular crash"
    synonyms:

avoidescapeevadeelude, steer clear of, dodgeduckmisssidestepbypassskirtshuneschewMore

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted (edited)

How is it cheating? You gain bothing by doing it.

Modifying textures for better visibilty is an advantage that leads to bans in lots of multiplayer games. 

You could as well just hack your files to get other costumes, it's the same. Surely an advantage over the people who need to pay for the altered visuals.

But generally, breaking the rules is cheating for me and unfair play. If the rules make sense or not that's another topic, but if you break them you're a cheater, simple as that. How do you personally handle guys that break the rules in RL games? You try to defend them like here?

Edited by Spartakatz

Posted

Well only one way to find out, because if people can't mod outfits from the pearl shop, then this shouldn't be allowed.

@GM_Dew @GM_Salome @GM_Caramel @GM_BBrilliant

Some clarification on this?

Posted (edited)

over-sexualized 
high-heels
NUDE... MOD...

I know Eternal2nd was joking, but from what I understand the tools used to make your character nude can be used to remove anything, selectively. So, yes, you can remove heels and nothing else, if you like. Not that anyone does.

Anyway, the reddit post had nothing to do with the game "detecting your mod", it's just that if you try to patch with an edited file it will attempt to validate your entire installation, taking forever and potentially bugging files so you have to re-install.

They only show up for yourself and they're not easily detectable without invasive spyware that BDO does not want to get caught installing on peoples' computers without explicit assent, so there's next to no risk unless you advertise your use of them. They could, of course, make the patcher scan the specific files that people are altering and flag them if their filesize is out of the ordinary, but that would result in lots of false positives (how do you tell whether someone edited the file or it was randomly corrupted when being downloaded?) so they won't do it.

But generally, breaking the rules is cheating for me and unfair play. If the rules make sense or not that's another topic, but if you break them you're a cheater, simple as that. How do you personally handle guys that break the rules in RL games? You try to defend them like here?

Definition of prig? If a rule is stupid then yeah, I'll defend someone breaking it and if it's a game then we'll continue on without the stupid rule most likely. What kind of question is that? Do you even realize how few people play RL games 100%-accurately to the rules, other than professionally? "Nah I'll just blindly follow everything dictated to me by others, they're rules! Doesn't matter if they make sense or are harmful."

That said, this particular rule obviously makes sense. You can't place a big red arrow over people wearing a particular outfit (and the fact you think that is adorable, lol), but you can make them more visible.

Edited by Zephan

Posted

I don't think any modification is allowed to this game at all.