• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

bannable? Is this even allowed??

51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Modifying textures for better visibilty is an advantage that leads to bans in lots of multiplayer games. 

You could as well just hack your files to get other costumes, it's the same. Surely an advantage over the people who need to pay for the altered visuals.

But generally, breaking the rules is cheating for me and unfair play. If the rules make sense or not that's another topic, but if you break them you're a cheater, simple as that. How do you personally handle guys that break the rules in RL games? You try to defend them like here?

well, that's not what this thread is about :)

This thread is about chaning player model. 

Yo, if my adversary in football has different shoes then me... i seriously don't go screming that he's cheating. Seems like u do it tho`.

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted

in many leagues you do have to wear official shoes or get fined  ^_^ Jordan did that back in the day. 

But yeah, I can see them not officially allowing mods since it opens the door for 360 no scopes, transparent buildings and all that.

Basically, if your doing anything, don't share that you are.

Posted

Well only one way to find out, because if people can't mod outfits from the pearl shop, then this shouldn't be allowed.

@GM_Dew @GM_Salome @GM_Caramel @GM_BBrilliant

Some clarification on this?

Nude mods are certainly not allowed. Any modification to the client files at all are prohibited.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted (edited)

Nude mods are certainly not allowed. Any modification to the client files at all are prohibited.

Best regards,
GM Dew

You heard it here first folks! @Chun-Chun, many thanks for the clarification Dew :D

Edited by Asterotis
1 person likes this

Posted

You heard it here first folks! @Chun-Chun, many thanks for the clarification Dew :D

Well, they still work, they still can't be detected :)

And if they would result in ban, i would have already been the cause of the ban of 5 players that i reported for it (they streamed with the mod on ;) ). And surprise, they were not banned. Woah!

Posted

MODs only change the way your pc sees the content. There is nothing anyone can don about it. - Nor should they

Posted

Honestly its a bit of a pointless question to ask.

Every game developer will say any modification is illegal in every game. It doesn't matter what reason it is, officially they will not support any modification for the simple reason that it cant be used against them down the road when they ban people for cheating etc.

Unofficially they wont do anything against players making client end mods unless theyre affecting other people (ie. someone uses the "nude" mod then post the nude pics on the beauty gallery which is obviously just ASKING for trouble).

That being said I seriously doubt theyre gonna go out of their way banning people for "mods" if its just simple client end reskins. Most developers over the years I've seen don't "approve" of mods but they wont bother people doing em either unless they're doing something that directly disrupts other people's enjoyment (ie posting nudie pics, hacks, exploits).

Posted (edited)

Unofficially they wont do anything against players making client end mods unless theyre affecting other people.

Funcom responded, and crypted some files on his game Anarchy Online (and maybe on The Secret Word, not sure). But I don't know if this was a good idea or not. 

Anyway, you are probably right on everything you said in your answer..

Edited by hZaer

Posted

Do you even realize how few people play RL games 100%-accurately to the rules, other than professionally?

Everyone I know. You really must be surrounded by strange people then. Not any of my friends ever tries to cheat in card or board games, used hacks or tried on purpose to break the rules that everyone agrees on when playing a game.

Posted

Everyone I know. You really must be surrounded by strange people then. Not any of my friends ever tries to cheat in card or board games, used hacks or tried on purpose to break the rules that everyone agrees on when playing a game.

You misunderstand me. It's not that they try to cheat to get an advantage over the other people playing, it's that they either don't know the rules down to every detail and thus don't actually play "correctly" because of that, or they know the rules but choose to ignore some, not because it gives them an advantage but because said rule(s) are not conducive to the game being fun. I was replying to your odd statement that it doesn't matter whether a rule makes sense, if you don't follow it then it's cheating no matter what.

Posted (edited)

it's that they either don't know the rules down to every detail and thus don't actually play "correctly" because of that

we are talking about having to hack into encrypted files, modify them, and everyone knows it's forbidden to do that. alone the fact that the data is encrypted is something else than "by accident" or "not knowing the rules", that's a ridiculous example.

of course when someone is doing something by accident it's a different thing, but that's not the case here, not even close.

Edited by Spartakatz

Posted

Its funny how they hate against those nude mod users which really do nothing that impacts the game... well maybe they get more hard while gathering ;)

But on the other hand there are so many fishing bot users since this game started...

Posted

if you want nude mods then I subjest you buy a single player game as you will get banned if found out on a mmo. My question is that worth the risk? loseing your entire account for fake stuff when you can get a real women irl and or watch that crap online?

Posted

No allowed. But, since that is visual only modification there is no way to send any kind of data that would not pass validation on server site.

Posted

I can't see anything over those huge mountains of nipples, its impairing my game, pls halp

Posted

Literally unplayable.

Posted

The tos says that changes to the game files that affect the gameplay will result in ban.

Changing the charcter model doesn't affect the gameplay, as it's visisble only for you. Can't be detected either, since it's not a hack or injector or anything. According to the forum platform for this mod, no one was banned for it ever.

Still, use on your own risk :D

Changing a texture on a character model****** ,And yes it would be visible only for "the person editing it"

And no it would not be detected.. The only way this would break the rules in any way is if a person was to use this nude mod

to put a bad light on bdo by creating videos with it for the public,which would provide defamation of the publisher/developer

or to charge players  for a mod to a game that discourages via its TOS/EULA/TOU to not edit the game client or it's contents.

Posted

Heard the nude mod only works on female classes :/

Posted

Best regards,
GM Dew

Yes please purify our beautiful world from all the pigs, catch them one by one and annihilate them all. Burn them to death! NO! until their corpses completely vanish.

My character can't stand breathing the same oxygen as theirs. or even looking at them as humans. not even insects.

Posted

They would never be able to prove you did it if you aren't streaming it or recording it to post it on a site like youtube.

Posted

Lol, Hentai Desert Online is what people really want

Posted

They would never be able to prove you did it if you aren't streaming it or recording it to post it on a site like youtube.

Idk there's people making themselves known on the beauty album these days...

Posted

Idk there's people making themselves known on the beauty album these days...

A non moving picture via album wouldn't prove anything,You see streamers play with overlays,You could argueably use an overlay whilst making a beauty album,And some do. One would require Actual video movement ,You can also affect images in dir using photoshop,which doesn't affect the game client,There are many ways to change and in a way "abuse" the beauty album.

Posted

Of course Anti Cheat Engines can detect different Textures. If not no one would be using a Wallhack in Shooters but instead just use a Map with transparent Textures. But I doubt there will be anything done about it in BD. Maybe if too many Users use such Mods they would send a request to Xigncode to also search for altered Textures, but if its only a few doing it then it probably isnt worth it.

Posted (edited)

Not really how wall hacks have ever or do work. Because usually regardless of texture a wall is "plugged" usually a way a wallhack works is to directly impact a wall by changing the opacity via injection. There are many different ways texture changing is untraceable period..Even with simple read write permissions using a bypass.

------There are few texture hacks i have seen released (few for old cs,before CSS,the golden days of the bunny hop) that actually used live data editing to inject a new compilation of a compressed dat file to repack in real time some textures. but it was just lazy crap work on the coders side.

Edited by Freeway