• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Important] New Forums are coming

159 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As soon as we are confident, that the new forums can fully take over.

When is soon? and...

Will the post made in beta forum right now be removed, when the new forum is going to launch?

Edited by Amirite

Posted

The title kind of sound like another lord of the rings brace yourself meme. 

Posted

@CM_Praballo , So a couple things; First off, Site needs to be HTTPS if you guys are not planning to already. It's simple security just do it. 

Secondly, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for the love of god test hacks out on the game afterwards. SEVERAL games have had issues where after linking the accounts hackers in game were able to hijack others characters due to them knowing the account info. It most likely wont be a problem since this is a new age game but it's still a KR mmo in the end and well they tend to leave big ass holes everywhere as I'm sure you already learned. 

Lastly, The site itself looks like horse shit. I made a better forum site from "freeforums.com", Hell even used a better template. It looks like an amateurs first time up to bat and they obviously used templates for EVERYTHING. The site you have now at least looks professional and professionally built. I really hope the beta is strictly just a test as it looks thrown together. Very disappointed in it since you hyped it up so much in the OP. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Greetings adventurers,

we are celebrating one year BDO in the west and we felt this is a good moment to improve a few aspects attached to the service. You might have already noticed the new game launcher but the one thing we want to talk about now, is the move of our community forums.

The beta version of the new forums is now accessible.

http://beta-forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

We use improved forum software for the new boards and this allows us to implement new and often requested features.

First and probably most important, game accounts and forum accounts are now linked.

We plan on implementing more exiting features, such as an advanced rank structure and the option to show off with aspects of your in-game character (for example titles) directly linked on the forum. But before we go all out, we want to be sure that you, the Community and we, the BDO Team are happy with the base functionality and equally important, that everything works as intended.

Please let us know your questions, tell us if you find a bug and share your suggestions and feedback!

Roadmap:

• For a limited time, we will run the old and the new forums simultaneously.
    • There will be no scheduled wipe at the end of the beta phase but necessary changes and updates might affect posts made during this time.
  • As soon as we are confident, that the new forums can fully take over, we will disable the option to create new threads on the old forums.
    • You will be able to continue ongoing conversations but no new topics can be made.
  • Approximately 2 weeks later, all threads on the old forums will be closed.
    • All your posts will still be visible and accessible but the old forums are basically transformed into a read only archive.
    • There are no plans to remove the old forums in the foreseeable time.
    • Previous achievements such post count, likes etc. will stay visible on the old forums but will not be transferred.

The  BDO Team

I do not like these new forums. Too dull. Too boring. Too much red and black. Looks like a guild site. Looks too much like Reddit. Looks like an amateur made it. One word. UGLY. I won't be using it. I like these forums much better. I've also been through forum transitions before.....they never end well......

Edited by Ashrala

Posted

Will this forum cost money to access? you greedy b*stards

Posted (edited)

I think this "old" forum is a bit Easier to navigate and looks so much better than the New one :3 I'm still going to give the New forum a try, i just don't think It's going to be used as much. :)

Edited by Lightning1227

Posted

I do not like these new forums. Too dull. Too boring. Too much red and black. Looks like a guild site. Looks too much like Reddit. Looks like an amateur made it. One word. UGLY. I won't be using it. I like these forums much better. I've also been through forum transitions before.....they never end well......

Cool, you'll be left behind when the old forums are taken offline then.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Cool, you'll be left behind when the old forums are taken offline then.

Stay on topic. They asked for forum feedback and I gave it. In case you haven't read all 6 pages of this thread, these new forums are not exactly getting a lot of love. Why on earth would I log into a forum like that, even if it is in a beta stage? If you don't have any feedback, then stay quiet.

Edited by Ashrala

Posted

Did you hear the news? http://planescape.com gets support for 4k, but hey wait, such old game, yes a game not a website gets support for what you claim(since you didnt reply) is not needed because the lack of 4k users.

Step up your game.

Posted

Sweet, I can't wait to see what's on the other side=D

Posted

about time you used Xenforo, its brilliant software.

Posted

10/10

Posted

@CM_Praballo

Awesome! Are these forums running off old information? I had signed up with a different name a year ago but requested my name be changed to Cardiel. Any way to fix that?

Posted

When? It's been on the forum over a month now.

Posted

@CM_Praballo

Awesome! Are these forums running off old information? I had signed up with a different name a year ago but requested my name be changed to Cardiel. Any way to fix that?

The new forums take your in-game family name.

Posted

The new forums take your in-game family name.

Really? The name showing for me on the new forums isn't my family name. 

Posted

Really? The name showing for me on the new forums isn't my family name. 

Then i don't know. :D

Posted

Then i don't know. :D

Hm, thank you anyway! :) I'll poke support.

Posted

Everyone waiting for new content and fixes, let's change forums.

Happy-Face-Meme-16.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Yabut, make 'em pretty like these ones. Pls and thx.

Posted

tbh the new beta forum is ugly

Posted

Everyone waiting for new content and fixes, let's change forums.

Happy-Face-Meme-16.jpg

I am pretty sure game devs have nothing to do with the forum change aswell as our western publishers cant really affect fixes and content...

1 person likes this

Posted

It might come tomorrow. Also rumors on the street's of Heidel, say's they are working on another top secret forum (in alpha test).

1 person likes this

Posted

Yepp! This one looks better, definitely.

Posted

Greetings adventurers,

<Snip>

Hiya, Would it be possible to request a certain thread to be moved over after everything is finalized?
Reason being, is that i have an on-going thread (
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/112028-free-character-customizations/) which i use to share my character templates for players outside of the server i play on. It would take an awfully long time to grab all those links/images again, and remake the entire thread.

Is there any chance at all that i could request for this thread to be migrated to the new forums in the future?

Thanks in advance