• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is Musa really that bad?

117 posts in this topic

Posted

Returning player, been playing musa and ninja, everyone seems to be upset with the current position of both classes, however I'm finding both fun - musa because its flashy, and ninja because of its mechanics.

so are they really that bad that I shouldn't pick one up?

Posted

If it's fun - play it. 

That being said - in large scale pvp, someone else always does our job better, except for running away. I'm 60 with 226 AP and can kill 263dp non-wars/valks/zerkers in a single combo, but a wizard can do the same with one button press.

And good luck fighting warriors or valks. They have 360° cc immunity, which you can counter just by grabbing th- oh wait

4 people like this

Posted

Musa is fine, until you run into a warrior. Then you just want to KYS.

2 people like this

Posted

Just got 56 on my musa, gonna be participating in a node war Saturday, then next week I'll try my ninja, i played original warrior back on launch and I enjoyed it, but how everyone makes warrior sound so op makes me not really wanna play him, simply because then I'm playing something because it's so good at what it does, not because I actually enjoy it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just got 56 on my musa, gonna be participating in a node war Saturday, then next week I'll try my ninja, i played original warrior back on launch and I enjoyed it, but how everyone makes warrior sound so op makes me not really wanna play him, simply because then I'm playing something because it's so good at what it does, not because I actually enjoy it.

musa is quite fun in large wars considering we have the best ways to disengage, but for assassination i would say ninja is the way to go, you have 2 grabs to extend combos for as long as you're able to and stealth to get away.

Posted

Returning player, been playing musa and ninja, everyone seems to be upset with the current position of both classes, however I'm finding both fun - musa because its flashy, and ninja because of its mechanics.

so are they really that bad that I shouldn't pick one up?

Ninja has more dmg and can one-combo someone down way easier than Musa with the same gear. However he isn't easy to play and many people who don't get used to it say it feels "clunky". Also any awakened class below 58 feels lacking, get to 58.

1 person likes this

Posted

Musa needs 2x the gear to perform 1/2 of most other classes 

2 people like this

Posted

Yes very bad class

Posted

I am a new musa rerolled from ninja, quit ninja cause it's very bad in node wars, there isnt enough super armour. Now my blader has tri kzarka tri kutum but shitty +11 blue crescent blade, so I am at 131ap and 307dp I was stunned how fast I could farm ghaz bandits with that shitty ap! But I read and see videos of blader being really gear depending so I'm just wondering is it just in PvP that theres a massive dmg reduction in skills?

Posted

I am a new musa rerolled from ninja, quit ninja cause it's very bad in node wars, there isnt enough super armour. Now my blader has tri kzarka tri kutum but shitty +11 blue crescent blade, so I am at 131ap and 307dp I was stunned how fast I could farm ghaz bandits with that shitty ap! But I read and see videos of blader being really gear depending so I'm just wondering is it just in PvP that theres a massive dmg reduction in skills?

No. Geared Musa's are far superior to Ninjas in node wars, if anyone says the opposite they are lying. 

Musa doesn't have a grab because that is their only weakness. 

1 person likes this

Posted

No. Geared Musa's are far superior to Ninjas in node wars, if anyone says the opposite they are lying. 

Musa doesn't have a grab because that is their only weakness. 

im trying say that i don't understand why people say musa is more gear dependent or that its hard for them to 1 combo people, when I can grind at bandits just fine with shit ap compared to other classes I played like ninja and warrior.

maybe I should just try fight someone and find out lol.

Posted

All awakened skills have -% damage in PvP. The exact numbers are unknown and I don't think they are consistent across classes. You will see that with a warrior or Maewha you will be doing the same damage as with Musa with 20 less AP in PvP. That is why people say that Musas are gear dependent.

Posted (edited)

And good luck fighting warriors or valks. They have 360° cc immunity, which you can counter just by grabbing th- oh wait

TRIGGERED!!! 

On a happier note I've been having fun with DK. 

Edited by PandaPolishesPotatos
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm waiting for the "combatant" class

Posted

All awakened skills have -% damage in PvP. The exact numbers are unknown and I don't think they are consistent across classes. You will see that with a warrior or Maewha you will be doing the same damage as with Musa with 20 less AP in PvP. That is why people say that Musas are gear dependent.

warriors also can self buff about 20AP which is huge advantage.

Posted

Musa is fine, until you run into a warrior. Then you just want to KYS.

is war/zerk that op over a musa; I don't see it. I do think they are hard to deal with tho. I d rather not face valks they are super annoying because of the ult.

Musa needs 2x the gear to perform 1/2 of most other classes 

not true

Yes very bad class

but true

Posted

is war/zerk that op over a musa; I don't see it. I do think they are hard to deal with tho. I d rather not face valks they are super annoying because of the ult.

not true

but true

a war can turtle block until his SA skills or grab are not on cd, a musa simply cannot break an equally geared warrior's block, i cant say the 2x the gear is true but i can say that as someone with 210 ap i get out damaged by wizards with like 180 ap.

Posted

a war can turtle block until his SA skills or grab are not on cd, a musa simply cannot break an equally geared warrior's block, i cant say the 2x the gear is true but i can say that as someone with 210 ap i get out damaged by wizards with like 180 ap.

u can break war block simple dash behind and crosscut, then they will try to get behind you or grab you. Just dash away and keep doing the same thing until u get an opportunity for a btb.

Wizard/Witch - just another broken class... well in their advantage 

Posted (edited)

u can break war block simple dash behind and crosscut, then they will try to get behind you or grab you. Just dash away and keep doing the same thing until u get an opportunity for a btb.

as a warrior i do not either of those things, i do armour break straight out of block or grave digging, if those on cd, i can keep q+rmb pressed down so i can turn and block without losing cc immunity.

Edited by Valient

Posted

I doont even worry about warriors tbh thanks to how much stronger ap scales in comparison to dp. Hell when I reach 240 ap I wish a warrior tries to block 

Posted

I doont even worry about warriors tbh thanks to how much stronger ap scales in comparison to dp. Hell when I reach 240 ap I wish a warrior tries to block 

most high lvl warriors stack evasion as well, and if you fight a war with 240ap and hes equally geared, it will be a tough fight..

Posted

most high lvl warriors stack evasion as well, and if you fight a war with 240ap and hes equally geared, it will be a tough fight..

tough is fine, its alot better than almost impossible like it usually is otherwise xD

Posted

If you try to do that. They won't grab you they can just do their on the spot spin (Grave digger?) and if sometimes glitches through the frontal block of crosscut and you take a lot of dmg and also get the debuffs. No warior is gonna waste their grab like that lol. The thing is a good warrior should be near impossible to cc meaning you're gonna crosscut until they die. 

Posted

I really enjoy reading all these musa's telling people to spam crosscut on a warrior. I would actually love to see you do that without e and not have your arse handed to you on a plate :) (please continue :)

Posted

I really enjoy reading all these musa's telling people to spam crosscut on a warrior. I would actually love to see you do that without e and not have your arse handed to you on a plate :) (please continue :)

Fighting a warrior? Nice joke. I CHUCKLED!!! HehexD

1 person likes this