• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DK is a Range Class!

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Before you invest billions of silvers and hundreds of dollars on weights and inventory on this class. Just a warning to you, it's not a melee class. It is a range class. You won't be using much of that great sword once awakening is released. I'd like to think of it as not a knight, but a dark mage!

Love the great sword but if you look at videos on YouTube of KR players playing this class. They use the awakening weapon 95% of the time and hardly use their great sword.

The awakening is more range type than it is melee. Dark Knight, when awakening is release is basically a range class 95% of the time and 5% use of melee. 

This is unfortunate since I really really like the feel of the great sword and the aesthetic of it. She looks cool with it. 

If you like playing melee class, I suggest not playing this class because it's going to turn into a range class when awakening is released. 

You can stick to your great sword and not use the awakening but you'll look stupid for not using ur awakening since it's much superior. 

Here are videos of RBF and as you can see, she hardly use her great sword. You can watch stream on twitch and see if for yourself. 

Edited by Gumo

Posted

There's quite a lot of diving into melee range with the Awakening as well though. Going in to burst and then using your Awakening spells to propel yourself backwards and disenegage. 

Posted (edited)

There's quite a lot of diving into melee range with the Awakening as well though. Going in to burst and then using your Awakening spells to propel yourself backwards and disenegage. 

that's why I said 5% use of melee! Other than that you are ranging away till the cd is back up again, use it once and range away again 95% of the time. This isn't a knight, it's like a spell sword class. 

Edited by Gumo

Posted

You can never take Japanese or  Korean names literally.  They are very liberal with their use of words, themes, settings etc. 

A rose is still a rose by any other name, or something. 

I think its fair warning to say that if you want to use the sword, it wont be the main thing in the future.  A lot of classes had that happen post awakening.  At least withH DK we knew the awa before we even had a chance to invest in the class.  Unlike what happened for the original classes.

Posted

Well the Awakening is a type of magical gauntlet from the appearance of the item icon and the fact that DK's lack gloves on one of their arms. 

It was rather obvious it was supposed to be a spellsword class since it's release on KR. What with all the spells and whatnot the greatsword uses. 

Posted (edited)

Lolol, liberal with using themes and settings. I am sorry, i don't see Witch being a Ninja, or Maehwa being a wizard. Such stupid thing to say lolol.

So. let's be LIBERAL. I take witch, and she plays like a ninja, and we all should just buy it as normal? You don't know what you are talking about lol. So, they have sign with big H for parking, also, right? :D

Hahahaha, some people, just...lol

Edited by Skaven Zverov

Posted

True, even the concept art they showed us made it clear it was going to be a spell based class.  SOme were even upset with the pre awa weapon not being magical enough.  But they had the AWA in mind from the beginning I think, so it really worked out great.

To me at least, she seems to be what  I would have expected.

Posted

though keep in mind that the preawakening awakenings will make melee much more relevent.
Looking forward to that

Posted

U making it sounds like range classes are garbage.

Posted

DK is a mid-range spellsword class.

/thread.

1 person likes this

Posted

Aside from knowing she'll be awakening class, she kind of plays like Sylas's spectral daggers from Vindictus. I kind of like it, waiting for the awakening.

Posted

No ofence but... i think most people already knew about her playstyle and awakening before create one, so the "warning" is kinda pointless
There are tons of videos in youtube, if someone spend billions on a class they haven't even search about and then don't like it, they kinda deserve it.
(And as Asterotis said, they're a mid-range class post-awakening, not a ranged one). 

Posted

Thats ok blowing people up with falling swords like gilgamesh from fate stay night ubw is cool enough xp

Posted

This isn't a knight, it's like a spell sword class. 

Well I mean, that's what they advertised her as from the very first concepts they teased, sooo..... Oh no...? :/

Posted

This works for me... I was wanting something to fill the void I felt when playing a witch and so far, the DK is living up to that.  It is kind of sad though because some of the GS animations are really impressive.   Just sucks to put all that work into the weapon only to rarely use it later down the road.

Posted

I think this time the german Translation is actually more accurate than the english one ... in german this class is called "Dunkelklinge", which means something like "Darkblade". This to me sounds a lot more like a spellsword than "dark Knight".

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0