• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BDO OwPVP (Open World PvP)

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys, as you can tell by the title of this thread I am here to currently touch base with the PvP system of the game. Aside from GvG and sieges there is no real open world PvP. Before you guys start commenting something stupid like "omg yes there is you can kill people anywhere" here me out:

This is the current system in place for OwPvP:

Player A is heavily geared with full TRI boss armor and accessories. Player B is a new player just reaching level 57 with average gear like DUO Grunil with maybe some PRI accessories.

Scenario 1: Player B is farming (doesn't matter where), Player A wants to farm where Player B is farming. So Player A decides he is going to kill Player B. Player B gets killed, Player A looses Karma. End of story. (Anything that happens afterwards DOES NOT MATTER in this situation)

Scenario 2: Player A is farming (doesn't matter where), and this time Player B wants Player A's spot. Player B knows that he can't kill Player A so he decides to just go to the spot and start killing his mobs and screw up his rotation. Player A doesn't like this so he kills Player B. Player B comes back and continues. 

Now clearly this system is absolutely -----ED for BOTH situations. In scenario A for example Player A looses nothing but Karma for killing Player B. Now before you get your panties in a bundle and yell at me with: "OMG KARMA IS A BIG DAEL YYOU CAN LOSE CRYSTALSLS" listen because this is the current Karma system consequences:

Karma: Once you hit negative Karma you can start to loose XP. This is THE BIGGEST thing you can loose to karma. Some may argue that crystals are also big, but you can use different set of gear with cheap crystals to PvP to easily bypass this. But if you loose XP, guess what that means: MORE GRINDING. Basically adding more grinding to the game then their already is.

This system is absolute GARBAGE. I'm surprised this hasn't been ironed out already because this is literal trash. Now instead of me just saying the system is bad and calling it a day I'm going to propose a better system to make the game into its full end game potential.

MY Suggestion:

REMOVE the Karma system all together and replace it with an "Alignment" system OR something of the sort. Here is how the Alignment system would work:

There can be many alignments but for this example I am going to use the 3 MOST BASIC alignments possible:

Innocent (green)

Criminal (yellow)

Murderer (red)

Now here is how the system works:

Player A is a INNOCENT player (green) and Player B is ALSO an INNOCENT player (green). Now no matter the conflict lets just say Player B doesn't like Player A and wants to kill him. Player A HITS Player B, Player A now becomes a CRIMINAL (yellow) player. Lets say Player B decides to fight back, if he hits Player A back HE ALSO TURNS INTO A CRIMINAL PLAYER (yellow). DON'T yell at me just yet and hear this full system out and how it plays out in the end. Lets say in the second scenario Player B decides not to fight Player A back, and Player A kills Player B. Player A now becomes a MURDERER. You will ONLY become a Murderer if you KILL a GREEN player. KILLING a YELLOW player DOES NOT make you a murderer. 

Now that the states of the alignments and how you transition between them has been explained I will now explain the consequences and how you avoid them.

The only way to get out of an alignment is TIME. There will be no more ~70 karma per mob kill bullshit. If you turn yellow, you stay yellow for X amount of time. Each other hit you do after becoming yellow RESETS the time and DOES NOT add more time. Same thing goes for Murderer HOWEVER, if you are a red player and kill another green player it ADDS more time instead of resetting your time. 

Okay now for the consequences:

Innocent (green) - The consequences for dying as a green player are the following: You drop ALL silver you are carrying. YOU LOOSE NO EXP. YOU LOOSE NO CRYSTALS. However you also loose 5 MAX durability on ALL your gear you are wearing. This feature can be changed and ironed out as I understand how it may be a little bit harsh but I personally thing this would work perfectly. Now, how does this make things better you may ask. Well, the following is what this changes:

A. A player can no longer just keep coming back and griefing you as a green player because there are consequences to dying even as a green player. 

B. A player can no longer just die over and over again and keep coming back with 0 consequences. (this is complete bs).

Now many of you will say wow this just makes it so really geared people can just kill you and kill you until they ruin your life. This is where the other alignments play in:

Criminal (yellow) - This is where things will get interesting. As a Yellow player it basically means that you HAVE PARTICIPATED in PvP recently. The consequences for DYING as a yellow player are as follows:

5 MAX Durability loss on ALL gear you are wearing (same as green), 25% chance to DROP ONE (ONLY ONE) of the pieces of gear you are CURRENTLY WEARING. Yes, yes this may seem harsh but in the grand scheme of things I personally believe this will be a good change to the current carebear Pk system WITHOUT ruining the experience for non pvp players. You will also drop all silver you are carrying. 

And finally we have Red players (murderer):

Dying as a murderer results in the following consequences:

5 MAX durability loss on ALL gear you are wearing. 

50% chance to drop ALL gear you are wearing. Now slow your roll and don't get upset just yet. This isn't a 50% roll and then you drop everything. Its a 50% roll on everything you are wearing. That means a seperate roll for each gear, each accessory and each weapon you are wearing. 

Now what does this system offer and fix in relation to the current system? This implements a system of HIGH RISK - HIGH REWARD PvP AND AND AND AND... it makes it so if you don't want to PvP.. you won't be punished for it. How so?

Lets replay the scenarios from above:

Player A (green) attacks Player B (green). Player A now turns Yellow. Now Player B has the following options: 

Option A: Fight back. If Player B decides to fight back then both players now become yellow. Now this fight has engaged meaning both players are aware of the consequences of death. This engages a high risk - high reward fight where either player has a chance to loose gear and gain gear also.

Option B: Run away. If Player B simply does not want to loose their wallet money and durability he/she can just run away. Simple. 

Option C: Let him kill you. What this does is turn the player that killed you into a murderer so you can go back and kill him for a high chance at his gear or even call your guildies to come kill him etc etc.

Now what this system also does is make it so there is consequence to dying to a player even if you are green HOWEVER it gives them a MUCH greater consequence.

I believe this system needs some changes and fixes HOWEVER if executed correctly it can satisfy both sides of the OwPVP argument and MAYBE make everyone happy.

If you are planning on commenting on this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave suggestions as to how we can improve upon this idea and bring it to DAUM's attention. DO NOT leave dumb things like this: "OMG BAD SYSTEM KYS KID" but maybe some constructive criticism as to how this system can be improved and WHY its good or bad.

Posted

Great idea, if bdo put this into the game the game would generate more players and $$$$

I think bdo needs this

1 person likes this

Posted

No one would EVER become Yellow or Red, NO ONE EVER.

With this System BDO will become pure PVE MMO.

Losing Gear alone in BDO would just kill the whole Game, just imagine losing a PEN Boss Item.... impossible treatment.

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree that our current system needs a rework but I feel like your idea would pull away from open world pvp.  This would not generate more players and money.  People would become hesitant to pvp.

Posted

No one would EVER become Yellow or Red, NO ONE EVER.

With this System BDO will become pure PVE MMO.

Losing Gear alone in BDO would just kill the whole Game, just imagine losing a PEN Boss Item.... impossible treatment.

You would be surprised. This system has worked on games previous perfectly fine. Yes some changes to gear MAY be need to made such as drop rate increase on items or maybe enchanting made a little easier (I wouldn't support these changes personally) but there is GREAT incentive to going yellow, for instance you can go yellow to bait a player to also go yellow after you and then fight him to try to get his stuff. Its high risk high reward.

Posted

Sounds like someone wants a loop hole for trading.

Posted (edited)

Sounds like someone wants a loop hole for trading.

How is this a loop hole for trading?? EDIT: Ah I see you mean Player trading, yes this would require a player trading system in place already. Which is another topic but I think that is a solid plan also considering there is gold sellers either way.

I agree that our current system needs a rework but I feel like your idea would pull away from open world pvp.  This would not generate more players and money.  People would become hesitant to pvp.

This would make people hesitant to randomly PK however give a reason for PKing if both parties agree to fight. Thus high risk high reward

Edited by RoyalNinja

Posted

Hey guys, as you can tell by the title of this thread I am here to currently touch base with the PvP system of the game. Aside from GvG and sieges there is no real open world PvP. Before you guys start commenting something stupid like "omg yes there is you can kill people anywhere" here me out:

This is the current system in place for OwPvP:

Player A is heavily geared with full TRI boss armor and accessories. Player B is a new player just reaching level 57 with average gear like DUO Grunil with maybe some PRI accessories.

Scenario 1: Player B is farming (doesn't matter where), Player A wants to farm where Player B is farming. So Player A decides he is going to kill Player B. Player B gets killed, Player A looses Karma. End of story. (Anything that happens afterwards DOES NOT MATTER in this situation)

Scenario 2: Player A is farming (doesn't matter where), and this time Player B wants Player A's spot. Player B knows that he can't kill Player A so he decides to just go to the spot and start killing his mobs and screw up his rotation. Player A doesn't like this so he kills Player B. Player B comes back and continues. 

Now clearly this system is absolutely -----ED for BOTH situations. In scenario A for example Player A looses nothing but Karma for killing Player B. Now before you get your panties in a bundle and yell at me with: "OMG KARMA IS A BIG DAEL YYOU CAN LOSE CRYSTALSLS" listen because this is the current Karma system consequences:

Karma: Once you hit negative Karma you can start to loose XP. This is THE BIGGEST thing you can loose to karma. Some may argue that crystals are also big, but you can use different set of gear with cheap crystals to PvP to easily bypass this. But if you loose XP, guess what that means: MORE GRINDING. Basically adding more grinding to the game then their already is.

This system is absolute GARBAGE. I'm surprised this hasn't been ironed out already because this is literal trash. Now instead of me just saying the system is bad and calling it a day I'm going to propose a better system to make the game into its full end game potential.

MY Suggestion:

REMOVE the Karma system all together and replace it with an "Alignment" system OR something of the sort. Here is how the Alignment system would work:

There can be many alignments but for this example I am going to use the 3 MOST BASIC alignments possible:

Innocent (green)

Criminal (yellow)

Murderer (red)

Now here is how the system works:

Player A is a INNOCENT player (green) and Player B is ALSO an INNOCENT player (green). Now no matter the conflict lets just say Player B doesn't like Player A and wants to kill him. Player A HITS Player B, Player A now becomes a CRIMINAL (yellow) player. Lets say Player B decides to fight back, if he hits Player A back HE ALSO TURNS INTO A CRIMINAL PLAYER (yellow). DON'T yell at me just yet and hear this full system out and how it plays out in the end. Lets say in the second scenario Player B decides not to fight Player A back, and Player A kills Player B. Player A now becomes a MURDERER. You will ONLY become a Murderer if you KILL a GREEN player. KILLING a YELLOW player DOES NOT make you a murderer. 

Now that the states of the alignments and how you transition between them has been explained I will now explain the consequences and how you avoid them.

The only way to get out of an alignment is TIME. There will be no more ~70 karma per mob kill bullshit. If you turn yellow, you stay yellow for X amount of time. Each other hit you do after becoming yellow RESETS the time and DOES NOT add more time. Same thing goes for Murderer HOWEVER, if you are a red player and kill another green player it ADDS more time instead of resetting your time. 

Okay now for the consequences:

Innocent (green) - The consequences for dying as a green player are the following: You drop ALL silver you are carrying. YOU LOOSE NO EXP. YOU LOOSE NO CRYSTALS. However you also loose 5 MAX durability on ALL your gear you are wearing. This feature can be changed and ironed out as I understand how it may be a little bit harsh but I personally thing this would work perfectly. Now, how does this make things better you may ask. Well, the following is what this changes:

A. A player can no longer just keep coming back and griefing you as a green player because there are consequences to dying even as a green player. 

B. A player can no longer just die over and over again and keep coming back with 0 consequences. (this is complete bs).

Now many of you will say wow this just makes it so really geared people can just kill you and kill you until they ruin your life. This is where the other alignments play in:

Criminal (yellow) - This is where things will get interesting. As a Yellow player it basically means that you HAVE PARTICIPATED in PvP recently. The consequences for DYING as a yellow player are as follows:

5 MAX Durability loss on ALL gear you are wearing (same as green), 25% chance to DROP ONE (ONLY ONE) of the pieces of gear you are CURRENTLY WEARING. Yes, yes this may seem harsh but in the grand scheme of things I personally believe this will be a good change to the current carebear Pk system WITHOUT ruining the experience for non pvp players. You will also drop all silver you are carrying. 

And finally we have Red players (murderer):

Dying as a murderer results in the following consequences:

5 MAX durability loss on ALL gear you are wearing. 

50% chance to drop ALL gear you are wearing. Now slow your roll and don't get upset just yet. This isn't a 50% roll and then you drop everything. Its a 50% roll on everything you are wearing. That means a seperate roll for each gear, each accessory and each weapon you are wearing. 

Now what does this system offer and fix in relation to the current system? This implements a system of HIGH RISK - HIGH REWARD PvP AND AND AND AND... it makes it so if you don't want to PvP.. you won't be punished for it. How so?

Lets replay the scenarios from above:

Player A (green) attacks Player B (green). Player A now turns Yellow. Now Player B has the following options: 

Option A: Fight back. If Player B decides to fight back then both players now become yellow. Now this fight has engaged meaning both players are aware of the consequences of death. This engages a high risk - high reward fight where either player has a chance to loose gear and gain gear also.

Option B: Run away. If Player B simply does not want to loose their wallet money and durability he/she can just run away. Simple. 

Option C: Let him kill you. What this does is turn the player that killed you into a murderer so you can go back and kill him for a high chance at his gear or even call your guildies to come kill him etc etc.

Now what this system also does is make it so there is consequence to dying to a player even if you are green HOWEVER it gives them a MUCH greater consequence.

I believe this system needs some changes and fixes HOWEVER if executed correctly it can satisfy both sides of the OwPVP argument and MAYBE make everyone happy.

If you are planning on commenting on this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave suggestions as to how we can improve upon this idea and bring it to DAUM's attention. DO NOT leave dumb things like this: "OMG BAD SYSTEM KYS KID" but maybe some constructive criticism as to how this system can be improved and WHY its good or bad.

There are some good ideas here.  But one problem i can see real fast is this idea of just running away.  Most obviously afk fishers can't just run away,  and some classes would be at a huge disadvantage if their only option is to run away to save the silver they have. For example,  a valkyrie has no chance of escaping a ninja once their v-out is on cooldown.

I don't understand why they don't just make new spots more appealing to high leveled players and encourage them to move on from Sausans after awakening. Maybe some veteran zones or something like that.  While higher leveled players still want the same areas that new and causal players also need to go in order to close the level gap,  the karma system is still better than any suggestions I've seen in terms of reducing griefing.

Posted

There are some good ideas here.  But one problem i can see real fast is this idea of just running away.  Most obviously afk fishers can't just run away,  and some classes would be at a huge disadvantage if their only option is to run away to save the silver they have. For example,  a valkyrie has no chance of escaping a ninja once their v-out is on cooldown.

I don't understand why they don't just make new spots more appealing to high leveled players and encourage them to move on from Sausans after awakening. Maybe some veteran zones or something like that.  While higher leveled players still want the same areas that new and causal players also need to go in order to close the level gap,  the karma system is still better than any suggestions I've seen in terms of reducing griefing.

This exact reason is why the consequences for dying to as a murderer are really high. Sure they can kill you and make you loose 5 dura all for what? To go murderer for like 45 mins with the chance of someone killing you and you dropping gear?

Also: to add to this, if you don't want to loose your PEN boss gear then switch sets if you are going to pvp, put on some grunil or something that you wouldn't be mad to loose.

1 person likes this

Posted

True you can make gear that is for pvp... though i still find it just completly bs to loose any item or degrading any item... the durability loss is a very good idea :) you might say it works but if anything that idea will remove ALOT of Open world pvp from the game... No one wants to risk loosing gear.... if this system should be added you need to give players a treat for risking their gear.. but again the treat should be good enough to outweigh the chance of loosing to a desyncing bastard... and just to make it alot worse... since this game is 1 cc = 1 kill at end game, i don't believe any would pvp at all... yea if pvp were something that took time and skill and not just a 1cc oh your dead, it would be fine... i like the ideas but risking gear beside of all those heavy repair Bills is to much :D 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0