• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

so like, can i just mash buttons for now?

26 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Seriously, since we know the Awa is not very far away and that will change mechanics a lot, can I just button mash for now in PVE?

Better yet, if I were to button mash, or use some control over said button mashing what skills will STILL be valuable post AWA?

Thanks! I dont have enough time to keep adapting, so I figure I just tinker for now and get ore serious after awa is out. But a head start won't hurt ^_^

mostly using F,  F,  Space,  L + RMB or S + LMB right now

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

Seriously, since we know the Awa is not very far away and that will change mechanics a lot, can I just button mash for now in PVE?

Better yet, if I were to button mash, or use some control over said button mashing what skills will STILL be valuable post AWA?

Thanks! I dont have enough time to keep adapting, so I figure I just tinker for now and get ore serious after awa is out. But a head start won't hurt ^_^

Just like for any class if you want to be bad just smash buttons, if you want to improve try to learn how to combo, you don't loose anything when awk comes out you only get more.

1 person likes this

Posted

that's a pretty solid pve rotation though, I pretty much do the same one I just throw a shift+f and shift+q in there every once in while

1 person likes this

Posted

So far my process is,
Herd Mobs
Obsidian Ashes,
Wheel of fortune,
Scarring Slash spam as I circle the herd. When Obsidian and Wheel of fortune come off CD, they get used on second wave aggro, repeat until everything is dead.
Kamasylvia Slash can replace Scarring but the Kamasylvia Slash doesn't create mobility. It's a good one off as it will KD mobs but Scarring seems to be my bread and butter.

1 person likes this

Posted

@Lick_MyCrit Thanks  I'll work on that. 

@Ioci  Thanks!

Posted

I feel like a noob, what is this "Awa"? A mechanics change? Does anyone have a link to more information? It sounds great, especially if it is focused on the combat.

Posted (edited)

I feel like a noob, what is this "Awa"? A mechanics change? Does anyone have a link to more information? It sounds great, especially if it is focused on the combat.

Sorry, its the Awakening skills/weapons we get at 56.  So once we get the magic bracelet, you have a lot of mid ranged attacks to use. And people say you only use a couple of sword skills at that point.  At least for PVE.

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

I basically just stand still and shift space until all the mobs are right there. Shift e, shift f, shift q, the keybind only explosion skill and shift f again. Or anything in there until they are dead. 

Dk is pretty awesome for grinding large groups TONS of aoe.

I almost don't even use the sword skills 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Mostly I've been using Sudden Attack into Up+F, F, F, Space, Shift+RMB, Shift+F, maybe toss in a Shift+LMB and Shift+Q(if i need mana) and occasionally use the nuke for huge mobs. There's a lot of potential for dark knight, but I'm not even sure I'm using her properly I haven't really found much of a use for E(the mark) but we'll learn as we go. I just feel like I'm mashing button like too much without really knowing what's happening. xD

Edited by chornax
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm confused too. Can somebody write down the best PVE combos, with skill names too, and explain it like I'm 5 years old

3 people like this

Posted

Sorry, its the Awakening skills/weapons we get at 56.  So once we get the magic bracelet, you have a lot of mid ranged attacks to use. And people say you only use a couple of sword skills at that point.  At least for PVE.

*Facepalm* Thanks for the answer...

Posted

A tip. Don't use shift F when mobs are down (after down RMB) because you won't use the floating + air attack.

After down RMB I would use shift LMB (down attack + mark effect).

1 person likes this

Posted

F F Space > Shift F > S+LMB > Lunacy of vedir > Shift Q > Shift F > Shift LMB if shit is not dead by then.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I just use the hell out of F.

W+F, hold F for all the F'n goodness, then shift+F, most things are dead except for strong/elite mobs by then.

Could throw in a spacebar here and there.  I don't want to get any rotation into muscle memory just yet, since it'll all change with awakened weapons.

Edited by Stevoli
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

hold F and W+F thats all you really need... throw in the occasional down+LMB

every other skill is just extra

Edited by HuangHo
2 people like this

Posted

thanks all, i got some practice this morning.

Added Lunacy of Vedir and Corrupt ground to the main rotation. Experimenting with some other skills suggested too. Mobs are dying a bit too fast to worry about getting to fancy just yet.  Too bad Vedirs Dogma is useless, it seemed like a neat idea.

Posted

Just pewpew .

Posted

Just pewpew .

i'm not playing my witch anymore... ^_^

Posted (edited)

My pve combo is normally Shift + E, W + F, FF(for the as increase), Shift + F, then either Shift + Q (Especially if your mp or hp is low and you have it maxed) or the 100 percent skill in order to get down attack damage from Shift + F. By that time Shift + F should be up again if needed. 

So far in pvp i noticed that the engage is similar but if you do knock them down you want to go right into either a combo with many down attacks ( 100 percent ect ) Or you can try to Shift + Left, Shift + F just for pure damage potential. In pvp we seem to dip in lay down damage dip out then re~engage (using w f or our invis to finish them off.)

I would still go about practicing pvp combos in pve so grinding is not a total waste of time. Especially so you get a feel for mana management that way when we do get awakening you will have a better feel for what the non awaken skills you use will consume should you need to use them vs particular classes.

From what i understand the skills you keep in awaken are:

Shift Q, W +F, Shift F, Shift Left, Dashes, And the pvp skills to the right side of the skill tree.... Though im still not totally sure since i never really see people using them in pvp after awaken in videos....

Hope this essay was some sort of helpful =.="

Edited by KeenEye
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hope this essay was some sort of helpful =.="

thanks, especially the "skills you keep in awaken" thats perfect. 

I normally practice PVP skills in PVE. however ive learned that over time you dont even use a lot stuff, so it was a waste of limited time. It was different when we played non-awakened for several months. But if its only a month or two, rather focus on what sticks around.

Thanks

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

thanks, especially the "skills you keep in awaken" thats perfect. 

I normally practice PVP skills in PVE. however ive learned that over time you dont even use a lot stuff, so it was a waste of limited time. It was different when we played non-awakened for several months. But if its only a month or two, rather focus on what sticks around.

Thanks

Even if you dont "always use them" I find its good to get the muscle memory especially on skills that you use more for utility purposes that could help versus specific classes. [ shift q for stun, w f for mobility and float/ kd] regardless of how "good" awakening is/ will be on its own.

Posted

So, many of you seem to think we are getting awakening soon, i havent heard this, the last thing i recall hearing was it may be 3 months after class release (though that couldve been KR), but you all seem sure its coming soonTM.  So where you all heard this? And when is it scheduled for?

Ive been using; W+F, F F, Sp+F, Sh+F, Sh+RMB, Sh+Q, Sh+LMB, S+LMB, S+RMB, and using Lunacy of Vedir (hotbar only) when Black Spirit Rage was at 100%, using E periodically if marks are applied but Sh+Q is on cooldown

Cant remember if thats the exact order i use them in, i tend to not use my Down Attacks or Air attacks if the mob  are already on their arses, im currently still at 49.9 and farming skillpoints.  Im doing this at Sausans, which is immense fun, cant be PK'd cant be KB'd, i dont try to get in peoples ways in fact im staying around the edges and out of the way, but its still fun to watch them come running over to kill me then realising they cant, and of course if they then get rude etc i DO make sure i get in their way or farm "their" mobs. Im killing mobs quicker than some of these guys and im at 10-7ap 258dp

I hadnt planned to play DK, or i'd have gotten some gear ready, but its fun and now im not sure if to stick with it or not

Posted

So, many of you seem to think we are getting awakening soon, i havent heard this, the last thing i recall hearing was it may be 3 months after class release (though that couldve been KR), but you all seem sure its coming soonTM.  So where you all heard this? And when is it scheduled for?

I think they gave a certain period of time for when kamasylvia would be released [ middle to end of march ] and the awakening comes with the release of kamasylvia. Or at least I believe that is where the time frame is coming from. 

Posted

So, many of you seem to think we are getting awakening soon, i havent heard this

KR took 1.5 months. So likely be same here.

thanks for sharing your rotation. have fun, im doing the same ^_^ found some empty spots some times. Trying to stay outta peoples way for a bit.

Posted

i'm not playing my witch anymore... ^_^

Dark violet Dior power > finger snapping elements.