• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Boss Event] So, when are we getting that compensation you say ?

54 posts in this topic

Posted

So now we cant participate in events because of ch limits ? -_- How did Kakao not think of that ? 

2dfbab0b2143400585c4019237e65745.png

i almost get there but game crash and I steyed in massive quee .but at least i seen a place of boss :D

Posted

1kqfso.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

What really blows my mind is how so many people are able to do these things in the middle of the day on a work week. Quit complaining guys. We are pampered virtually everyday with some sort of ongoing event. We get free shit all the time. 

No no no my friend.

Regardless if we got free stuff. That is no excuse for a botched in-game event that causes servers to crash, people to cram into 6 channels when the game already has had a population boost due to sales.

If you have an in-game event (especially a one day, event for an anniversary), you do it right.

Also people have to understand this 1-Year Event is running in tandem with the DK event. Drop rates, exp increase etc, thats for the Dark Knight release.

Remove all of that stuff and you can see how bare bones the 1 year event really is.........and the fact it was a one day thing (on a weekday when people work). It could have been better.

Posted

well i was leveling a new character and i did not know about this and out of no where a ton of players sarounded me and i have to set my game to low settings when i go into cities because i keep it at max settings and i play mostly alone to be able to enjoy the high end graphics... but since so many players popped out of no where my GPU burned... and now i cant even play .. so they just screwed me over .. i have to wait another 5 months until i can save up for another GPU that can run this game 

I call bs on this one.

Posted

So far I only made it to one, other 2, I crashed:(

Posted

yeah well first of all you who say it didn't spawn should obviously have read the event notes.  This morning one only spawned on the #1 channels.  Then they changed it because of the lag out....I guess they didn't expect the turnout .  Lots of greedy players logging on for the event only.  So don't blame them if you are one of those who ask in chat and got wrong info and DID NOT read the GM that said all that 15 minutes before.  It was posted on events forum too so no excuses .  Second of all they changed it when they discovered all the "players" who just logged in to get the prize.  They underestimated the greed of the NAs who normally don't play.  As soon as they discovered it they changed it. And it worked fine.  attended the first 3 events and the first was the server logjam so I didn't get in.  No problem though as the next 2 events were great.  It was a fun event and the freebies much fun.  If you thought you were going to get boss armor then I guess once again you should have read the event description.  For a free prize of any sort, you all sound like the greediest of the greedy.  Why should you get more valuable things when you did not earn them.  Everyone who did even 1 point of damage got a event bundle and got a random prize

If your horse died you were stupid to park it anywhere near.  If you died oh well....you knew that was a chance.  If you lagged well quit whining and I am sure you went to another event....if you did not then that is your loss.   Once again the players who have read the event notes before and after the morning event, knew what was going on.  If you didn't then that is your own fault.  No one should need to hand feed you.   And the company should NOT compensate anyone for this event.   As usual you are being ridiculous.

So, notification 15 mins before the event to get my behind to northern cienaga from somewhere round Lema island. My boat is super slow but i have no alts with weapons or armour so yay. I somehow manage to make it to olvia in 10 mins, I grab a horse and arrive at northern cienaga in 4 mins. Switching server to serendia 6 takes 2 mins as it's overrun at that point, all those boss servers are. I arrive and boy the lag is real, the fps, the sounds and the colours are one big soup! Of course the boss doesn't spawn, but then it suddenly appears but I can't see it for all the people and it probably didn't even render on my screen unless it was the size of a tamer. Let's see, ahh, suddenly a server crash appeared, and so I restart black desert, but the poor thing keeps crashing at loading screen, until suddenly I make it to a queue of 219-ish people.

That was a bit more than quarter of an hour ago, the queue is now only 140 people long.

All specs were on the event forum including the time.  If you waited till the last minute and didn't get ready a bit early that is your own fault.  If you were smart you would have done what plenty of others did and gotten ready before the event.  Why in the world you can blame that on someone else is beyond my understanding.  You just want someone to blame.

Posted

Honestly, just implement a queue system already

Posted

No no no my friend.

Regardless if we got free stuff. That is no excuse for a botched in-game event that causes servers to crash, people to cram into 6 channels when the game already has had a population boost due to sales.

If you have an in-game event (especially a one day, event for an anniversary), you do it right.

Also people have to understand this 1-Year Event is running in tandem with the DK event. Drop rates, exp increase etc, thats for the Dark Knight release.

Remove all of that stuff and you can see how bare bones the 1 year event really is.........and the fact it was a one day thing (on a weekday when people work). It could have been better.

Yeah I understand that the event was poorly implemented. It annoys me, however, to see BDO users trash the devs almost categorically over this specific event. In addition, the DK event, as you say, runs in tandem with the anniversary. We get a new class, a 30-day login reward, and free stones for grinding. Having all of this should blur the line between what is an anniversary event and what is otherwise a typical BDO event. In other words, with regards to freebies from "events," I'd say we've been spoiled regardless.

Posted (edited)

. In addition, the DK event, as you say, runs in tandem with the anniversary. We get a new class, a 30-day login reward, and free stones for grinding. Having all of this should blur the line between what is an anniversary event and what is otherwise a typical BDO event. In other words, with regards to freebies from "events," I'd say we've been spoiled regardless.

-- each additionnal class had his own event : plum - blader  & kuno - Ninja

-- They run a "30day login reward" every month = its part of the "game" now, that's also a extra motivation to have ppl login it ( login in stat help ? ) and when thoses attendance reward grant accessories, its not that beeing spoiled considering how trash is the base game for thoses drop & acc enchant.

-- they run a black stone even also very often, at this point they should just permanently increase by XX% the black stone drop rate tho ( it wouldnt also be too much considering the game tho ) But i know, its always better to run bad setting, and come up regulary with """an event""" ..

So, aside from the the boss event & utter crap boss loot, and the ugly ass.. hm.. whatever it is you place in your personal house for the buff, there is just nothing to really mark an anniversary occasion. ( it also seem that all other region had way way way better "gift" for the one year anniversary )

Its just very poor.

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

@Tamalama

Can I just suggest that you shut down your PC, unplug the cords and go ahead and grab the tower up. Proceed to the nearest window, and just toss it right out.  Dont need to bother with opening it or anything. Just toss it out as fast as possible.

Seriously though.. what world are you living in? Calling the players frikin Greedy because they wanted to show up and participate in an event that only happens ONCE ?

You, and people like you, are no more than a pure toxin. Your insults do not even make any sense. Just sitting at your computer waiting for any chance to scold other people. Calling us Greedy for going to an event that we were INVITED TO. take your toxin away from this community.

That is all.

yeah well first of all you who say it didn't spawn should obviously have read the event notes.  This morning one only spawned on the #1 channels.  Then they changed it because of the lag out....I guess they didn't expect the turnout .  Lots of greedy players logging on for the event only.  So don't blame them if you are one of those who ask in chat and got wrong info and DID NOT read the GM that said all that 15 minutes before.  It was posted on events forum too so no excuses .  Second of all they changed it when they discovered all the "players" who just logged in to get the prize.  They underestimated the greed of the NAs who normally don't play.  As soon as they discovered it they changed it. And it worked fine.  attended the first 3 events and the first was the server logjam so I didn't get in.  No problem though as the next 2 events were great.  It was a fun event and the freebies much fun.  If you thought you were going to get boss armor then I guess once again you should have read the event description.  For a free prize of any sort, you all sound like the greediest of the greedy.  Why should you get more valuable things when you did not earn them.  Everyone who did even 1 point of damage got a event bundle and got a random prize

If your horse died you were stupid to park it anywhere near.  If you died oh well....you knew that was a chance.  If you lagged well quit whining and I am sure you went to another event....if you did not then that is your loss.   Once again the players who have read the event notes before and after the morning event, knew what was going on.  If you didn't then that is your own fault.  No one should need to hand feed you.   And the company should NOT compensate anyone for this event.   As usual you are being ridiculous.

All specs were on the event forum including the time.  If you waited till the last minute and didn't get ready a bit early that is your own fault.  If you were smart you would have done what plenty of others did and gotten ready before the event.  Why in the world you can blame that on someone else is beyond my understanding.  You just want someone to blame.

Edited by Shimnao
1 person likes this

Posted

I was only able to kill one of the event bosses, every other time was just getting DC'd, I'm still getting constant Dc's today - getting annoyed wishing I wouldn't have bothered coming back to the game.

Posted

Honestly, just implement a queue system already

Wouldn't increased server capacity also work? :P 

Posted

After going to the GM event and not being able to move I knew I'd never be able to go to this event. I was right 😞 Glad I didn't even try after reading what everyone has gone through. Really wish they would have done something so everyone could enjoy something for the 1yr bday. Even during the week there was just too many people. Oh well. Maybe next yr. 😔 Seems the devs had a good time though. Sure they had a great party with the little money we spent since there were no sales 😄

Posted

I didn't mind the time hun, I got there 2 minutes early like I said, so yeah, my fault. I don't think being smarter would have helped the mass lag and crashes that followed on the EU servers though. I would have liked to be able to participate :/

Sadly I was stuck in that queue until I finally got in before the final boss spawn, when they spawned it on all channels instead of only the #6

The 3 bosses kept lagging out and were hard to hit, but I managed. Sadly enough BDO crashed before they were dead and wouldn't restart until I had to go to bed! D:

I don't give a rats behind what was in those bundles, I wanted to participate, which was impossible due to the lag...

I blamed someone? I don't know who I blamed, because I cannot see any name or anything that hints at anyone responsible, but you seem to know much better than me what I want, so cheers! :D

Posted

We got compensation sent in the mail today btw. It's what we would've gotten if the event worked and if we attended it once, but compensation none-the-less.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

waaaah the "compensation" send today* is so.......  9_9

That's cool they send something considering the boss event mess, but the reward is so crap lol.

Edited by woots

Posted

waaaah the "compensation" send totaly is so.......  9_9

That's cool they send something considering the boss event mess, but the reward is so crap lol.

Mine was so crap that when I clicked on it the thing vanished...nada...lol  *facepalms*

Posted (edited)

Mine was so crap that when I clicked on it the thing vanished...nada...lol  *facepalms*

Check your Pearl Item inventory. I got the Elion's tear from it, and at first I was like "what the?" because I didn't see anything appear in my normal inventory, nor did I get the expected Wheel Spin. But then checked my chat tab which said I'd received the Elion's Tear, so I check the Pearl Item tab. And sho-nuff, there it was. It's distinguishable from my other Tears because it wasn't added to the stack I already have, and it was by itself with a blue name "[Event] Elion's Tear".

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Check your Pearl Item inventory. I got the Elion's tear from it, and at first I was like "what the?" but then checked my chat tab which said I'd received the Elion's Tear, so I check the Pearl Item tab. And sho-nuff, there it was.

RNG character bound items are 10/10 rewards.

Posted

horse flute7 days.

Posted

Well this event cost me a horse death and crystal loss, and no boss since my character died and has been laying on the ground dead for 20minutes.
Ran from Sand grain and got DC'd due to lag at centaurs right before and lost my horse.
Got there, ran to just tag mudster when he spawned, died lost gems and exp, and the game refuses to ress me :D GREAT FUN

https://i.gyazo.com/4c0473b5ec83ceaa50a1916222036b6f.mp4

This has been my view so far.

Just FYI, you died to the regular Mudster in that clip. The ones part of the event were spawned within the actual lake and not on the hill where he usually spawn.

Posted

Just FYI, you died to the regular Mudster in that clip. The ones part of the event were spawned within the actual lake and not on the hill where he usually spawn.

I am fully aware I did, but if you can't see how much it's lagging I don't know. I had no way of moving away as the server was lagging so much, I even tried to V after I tagged him cause I was scared something like that could happen.

You are not actually proving anything.

The real boss never actually spawned on Seriendia 6

Not to mention I was actually laying like that trying to ress for 30min straight

Posted

I am fully aware I did, but if you can't see how much it's lagging I don't know. I had no way of moving away as the server was lagging so much, I even tried to V after I tagged him cause I was scared something like that could happen.

You are not actually proving anything.

The real boss never actually spawned on Seriendia 6

Not to mention I was actually laying like that trying to ress for 30min straight

Your post made it seem like you were implying mudster was part of the event, so my bad. Have actually already seen people confusing it for the event boss 'cos of the spawn location.

However were you playing on EU, or did shit go south with NA spawns too? Because I was on serendia 6 and the bosses did spawn, however with red nose/s having a delay of 1 hour.

Posted (edited)

I didn't do the event but did get the compensation box:   Giant Fish Bone Wall Ornament.  It is as ugly as it sounds.  Who wants that on their livingroom wall?  made me laugh tho, so thats worth something as I felt it was a game designers idea of a joke. 9_9  Guess they tossed me a bone.

Edited by Ramblinrose

Posted (edited)

I didn't do the event but did get the compensation box:   Giant Fish Bone Wall Ornament.  It is as ugly as it sounds.  Who wants that on their livingroom wall?  made me laugh tho, so thats worth something as I felt it was a game designers idea of a joke. 9_9

I have a Fish Bone Wall Ornament. It's relegated to the top floor of my Heidel 9-4 house/residence, and I never see it as I never go to the 3rd/Top Floor of my house. =) Heck, I rarely see the 2nd floor, My cooking and alchemy tools are on the first floor.

Edited by DenverRalphy