• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Human or Goblin Worker?

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Most people here will say Human Worker but with the new updates, you don't have to wait for Goblin workers to finish before feeding him so some people say its better to use Goblin now!

Do you get more resources with Human Worker than you do Goblin? With luck, does it increase the amount of say... potatoes per cycle than Goblin even though Goblin is faster?

I just want lots of resources like Potatoes and Logs so I can use them for processing / cooking so what would it be? I play a lot so managing is not an issue.

Posted

Most people here will say Human Worker but with the new updates, you don't have to wait for Goblin workers to finish before feeding him so some people say its better to use Goblin now!

Do you get more resources with Human Worker than you do Goblin? With luck, does it increase the amount of say... potatoes per cycle than Goblin even though Goblin is faster?

I just want lots of resources like Potatoes and Logs so I can use them for processing / cooking so what would it be? I play a lot so managing is not an issue.

I personally have Goblin only just because they work faster than Humans even if their Stamina is much lower. The reason for me choosing Goblin over Human is because i'm only ingame when i'm actually at home so i can always feed my workers even if i'm afk i just need to check up on them once in a while. Humans are the best choice if you're gonna stay ingame while sleeping/at work because they have much more Stamina and therefore can keep on working while you're not on your PC. So simply put, if you're only online while actually using your PC then get Goblins, if you're also going to play while you're not at home or while sleeping then get Humans.

Red

Posted

If you can stay on top of the Goblins, they will most likely get you more stuff.

I don't believe luck works to increase your quantity of regular things, but rather increases your chance to getting the fun things like traces at excavation nodes and the special procs (ie, more eggs at the chicken farm, where the main gather is chicken meat).

Posted

Workers have skills which can have a pretty significant effect.

Also, a goblin with luck skills and huge workspeed could be better than a human on trace nodes, in those cases it's a combination of both stats, not one alone (extreme example: 20% more luck doesnt matter when it needs twice as much time)

For most things, goblin will theoretically be "best" just considering the main stats, and if you can repeat tasks and feed beer during most of the day.

Posted

If you want the nodes special by-product, go human. If you want max amount of raw materials, go goblin. But worker quality also matters ofc. Artisan goblin is obviously better than professional human in every aspect, since it's superior work speed means you have more chances of obtaining special materials. Giant only for people that afk all day long.

When it comes to crafting, you want any artisan workers with rare +3 skills. Those can be a pain to get in in right city. Worker race is secondary. Giant can be better than goblin if it has lets say "additional processing +3 armor" and you're in the Grunil business.

No special skill potato workers, than goblin for crafting basic stuff. Human if you're going for lucky proc's(like life tools).

Posted (edited)

Goblins for workshops or nodes that do not have rare secondary material in high demand, like all the timber nodes or cotton/fleece. So pretty much 80% of what's out there.

Humans for every Excavation sites or nodes with rare secondary material, such as the iron nodes for the black crystals or the mediah zinc nodes for the platinum.

Giants are worth mentioning if you can only come to the computer once every 3 days.

Edited by Parc
2 people like this

Posted

Goblins for workshops or nodes that do not have rare secondary material in high demand, like all the timber nodes or cotton/fleece. So pretty much 80% of what's out there.

Humans for every Excavation sites or nodes with rare secondary material, such as the iron nodes for the black crystals or the mediah zinc nodes for the platinum.

Giants are worth mentioning if you can only come to the computer once every 3 days.

Pretty much this.

2 people like this

Posted

Are there some digits of how much a human can get on average on the same node compared to a goblin?

Didn't test it yet but for example: Take two identical nodes, Flax/Flax Thread at heidel. 

After about 50 tasks or more, the human SHOULD have gathered lots more of FLAX THREAD than the goblin.

If that's not the case, the goblin would be better because there's a difference of 10minutes each task. (both professional).

Over the night, humans could be better. If you are not online that much I would take goblins because of their speed.

I'd love to see some digits about this if someone already tested it.

Posted (edited)

If a human takes more cycles than a goblin they aren't worth it.

For example I have in Valencia goblins on Titanium and humans in Vanadium, look at the secondary resources. Titanium gives powder of flame and violet crystal and vanadium gives powder of crevice and blue crystal. I have a big difference between those resources. I even have a bigger difference between titanium and vanadium considering that there are only 2 titanium nodes near Valencia and 3 vanadium. So for further nodes goblins are way better than humans, and if a goblin collects the node faster than a human they are also better.

Luck does nothing and you can check it by crafting grunil or any other armor, you get the same blue/ultimate procs with a goblin than with a human.

So if you can manage your workers start hiring goblins and firing humans, I have started to replace many of my artisans humans because they are only worth for some nodes that are closer to towns and have a high workload so they collect at the same speed as a goblin.

resources.thumb.png.13531f1a26c56839fb6e

Edited by Alenghil
1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you very much! 

How much is the time difference between the humans and goblins at these nodes?

Do you think it's a good idea to take human for very close nodes like potatoe/wheat to be afk over the night? Goblins would run out of stamina after 3 hours at a grain node but a node with 30min or more is no problem for goblins over the night.

And what's your opinion about excavation? Also goblins?

I don't know what you mean by workload. I just look at the time they need for one task.

Posted

Thank you very much! 

How much is the time difference between the humans and goblins at these nodes?

Do you think it's a good idea to take human for very close nodes like potatoe/wheat to be afk over the night? Goblins would run out of stamina after 3 hours at a grain node but a node with 30min or more is no problem for goblins over the night.

And what's your opinion about excavation? Also goblins?

I don't know what you mean by workload. I just look at the time they need for one task.

Artisan humans take between 40 and 50 minutes in those nodes, goblins take 30. There aren't level 30 yet at level 30 I think goblins can pull 20 min and humans will never take less than 40. If you send an artisan human to a node overnight it will do 8 cycles more than an artisan goblin, but even if the goblin stops at night the rest of the day if you keep feeding it, it will do more runs than the human. Excavations are a special case of nodes because they have a very high workload and if they are closer to town humans and goblins take almost the same time.

Each node has a different workload, if a worker has the same workload as the node for example 150, it will take 1 cycle to complete the work, it it has less than 150 and more than 75 it will take 2 cycles and so on.

1 person likes this

Posted

If a human takes more cycles than a goblin they aren't worth it.

For example I have in Valencia goblins on Titanium and humans in Vanadium, look at the secondary resources. Titanium gives powder of flame and violet crystal and vanadium gives powder of crevice and blue crystal. I have a big difference between those resources. I even have a bigger difference between titanium and vanadium considering that there are only 2 titanium nodes near Valencia and 3 vanadium. So for further nodes goblins are way better than humans, and if a goblin collects the node faster than a human they are also better.

Luck does nothing and you can check it by crafting grunil or any other armor, you get the same blue/ultimate procs with a goblin than with a human.

So if you can manage your workers start hiring goblins and firing humans, I have started to replace many of my artisans humans because they are only worth for some nodes that are closer to towns and have a high workload so they collect at the same speed as a goblin.

resources.thumb.png.13531f1a26c56839fb6e

I got the same feeling, that luck isnt working (what a suprise a non wporking feature in BDO). It certainly doesnt matter for crafting and investment. However im too lazy to do a full test on it and will wait until the introduce tiers above Artisan (as was hinted at in a Korean patch note a while back).

1 person likes this

Posted

Goblins are really nice if you can monitor them regularly and you will have to do it every 2-3 hours until you get them to artisian (can last a bit longer but still not very long). You can pull these theoretical extra cycles only if you don't have goblin downtime.

Posted (edited)

I had a human worker with +3 additional armor processing doing grunils for profit. I would say every 3 green, I'd get 1 blue piece. I recently just got an artisan goblin with +3 as well and I noticed a huge difference in the blue ratio. Goblin would get maybe 1 blue grunil for every 10 green, so it seems that for armor crafting, luck does play a part. I cant say for node gathering though.

Edited by Parc

Posted (edited)

Right now I use goblins for nodes which takes 30mins and more and humans for the closer ones.

Otherwise the goblins would run out of stamina after 2,5 hours at an 15min node. 

A lot of ppl claim that the luck of humans increase the secondary item droprate but none of them tested it or provide any digits of gathered material compared to goblins.

@Parc please make a test about this. With about 100 produced gear each worker. Maybe you just had luck with the human because of the RNG in this game.

Edited by Kohliath

Posted

Right now I use goblins for nodes which takes 30mins and more and humans for the closer ones.

Otherwise the goblins would run out of stamina after 2,5 hours at an 15min node. 

A lot of ppl claim that the luck of humans increase the secondary item droprate but none of them tested it or provide any digits of gathered material compared to goblins.

@Parc please make a test about this. With about 100 produced gear each worker. Maybe you just had luck with the human because of the RNG in this game.

Perhaps, but I've done grunil with a 30 human for months, and every 10 grunil helmets, maybe 2-4 were blue rarity. But with goblin now, its about 1-3 per 10.

Posted

http://i.imgur.com/yU0tNCN.jpg

This is one of my typical grunil batch using a goblin worker. 3 blues out of 36 total pieces crafted. I'll keep an eye on them.

Posted

Thanks a lot :)

I've done a test with prof human (~20 luck) and prof goblin(~10 luck).

I used them on a potatoe node and on a chicken node for the secondary item.

After 50 tasks with each of them I got this result:

human potatoe = ~9,83

goblin potatoe = ~9,26

goblin eggs  = ~2,48

human eggs  = ~ 3,04

There's a little difference but I bet if someone makes a much bigger test there will be hardly any difference.

Posted (edited)

Another batch of grunil, showing that worker luck does influence the amount of blues you get from crafting armor pieces.

only 6/64 are blue. (9.37%). previous batch was 3/36 (8.33%).

http://i.imgur.com/59nABoX.jpg)

tl;dr: goblins are by far the best workshop crafters.

Edited by Parc

Posted

I'd say goblins for sure. Humans can work for longer periods of time without beer, but they gather slower compared to goblins. Without crunching numbers I'd say it would be very close, difference being the goblin levelling quicker and much better in the workshop.

Posted

people... GIANTS! Lest we forget Giants.... </3

Posted

Goblins for crafting. 

Giants for node gathering.

Humans for hybrid tasks.

Goblins - are crap for node gathering because you have to constantly upgrade their stamina with beer. But fast as hell with crafting in workshops. Stamina sucks though, so if you have them node gathering, will burn out very quickly with very little product. Have to replenish stamina via beer every few hours (if not less if they're blue or lower).

Giants - take a long time, but most efficient when you consider gathered units per min/hour. Just takes forever. But you can "set it and forget it" for hours or a day at a time without any micromanagement. Deposits larger amounts of product when they're done. Usually can be ignored for a day if they're Blue/Yellow or higher.

Humans - middle of the road. Brings in a respectable amount of product, but less than giants when comparing gathered units per min/hour. But if you're in a hurry to get product, not too bad, not great either. Have higher luck though if you're looking for the rarer node item production (which usually sells like crap on the MP so you better need it for your own uses).

In a nutshell... Goblins for crafting. Giants for node gathering. Humans for "as needed" use.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0