• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Griefing to a whole new level

155 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A person was Karma bombing, or trying too, but we have people that are not afraid to go red and killed them repeatedly. Needless to say they got very mad that they could not KB us and was threatening and talking all kinds of mess.

So she decide to create a guild similar to our name except she changed an l (ELL) lower case "L"  to a capital "I" so it looks like the " L"   which looks the same as our guild name. She created this to Karma Grief anyone and everyone in the hopes that they would dec on us and cause us all sorts of problems being that we cannot fight at world bosses and things like that( their foremost threats mentioned.) 

Now we do not have a problem with the world being decced on us but we do have a problem if the dec-er believes that they are deccing on us do to the Karma Bombing. We do not believe in that game mechanic and make it know to all our guild members.

If it was any other form of harassment I would respect and commend this person for their actions, because lets face it, that is some pretty dedicated salt to go through all that, but because of the one action I personally hate most in BDO (to the point of living the outlaw life and staying perma red) I cannot give the respect to that dedicated level.

The Original Post was in guilds but I believe it will get burred there so I am re posting here.  http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/134052-above-and-beyond/

Nahta Ayra     NA Guild 

Edited by Kerry(Ayra)
4 people like this

Posted

I love that someone got so angry that they couldn't karma grief our already red players that they took it to that level.

They can't harass our players to they try and harass our guild by duplicating our name. (Is this not a violation of user agreement??)

The server should know by now that the real Cynical doesn't karma bomb or protect our players.

To the new "cynicai" I would only like to say: if you are going to try and copy our name and pretend to be us, at least get good first.

Posted

To all that it may concern, 

I do not normally mind people declaring war against us in anger, or to try and " get some of our lowbies," It is all part of the game and is fun because then it is on us to either A. put them on protect, which we do not believe in and advise our members against it, or B. show up and protect them. The more dec's against us the more fun because we are literally fighting for our lives and to do whatever we want in the game. However fun this may be for us it comes at a cost we do not want associated with our guild name, KARMA BOMBING, it is something we do not believe in and do not condone to the point of G-kicking anyone caught knowingly doing it. To us this is the lowest form of scum on the BDO universe and is a harassment we cannot and will not stand for. @CM_Aethon @CM_Praballo please stop this harassment to our "outstanding well deserved name" that we chose to have and not have someone give it a bad connotation. 

Thanks in advance,

Nahta Ayra <Cynical>        Self proclaimed, that is the important part, asshole and perma red outlaw.

Posted

I feel like this is like complimenting you guys in a roundabout manner lol.

Posted (edited)

When everyone was at the event boss in my channel, one wizard flagged and had a 200% black spirit fireball, 1 shot probably around 50-100 people

Edited by IHirs
10 people like this

Posted

When everyone was at the event boss in my channel, one wizard flagged and had a 200% black spirit fireball, 1 shot probably around 50-100 people

I hope he got a video of that... he'll be working that karma off until we're all old and grey, but it would be worth every point if he captured that glorious moment

6 people like this

Posted

Nice attempt of derailing the original post but i would like to see the admin address this

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

Never will I understand why people insist on using use fonts that don't distinguish the lower-case L from upper-case I.

4 people like this

Posted

Why when I do a guild search for "critic" I dont see them?

Posted

Salt taken. Please leave.

Posted

*wheezing* 

Ahahaha omg, there are tears in my eyes.

lel level: girl fights on YouTube

Posted

this is some top level thinking, i might do this too, thanks!

Posted

Sorry if I seem dumb here, but what's Karma Bombing / Griefing? >.<

Posted

I think you guys should have just all Ticketed support to file this under IMPERSONATION.   It doesn't require a PSA and if anything, this will only inspire other griefers to try and do the same to other guilds they don't like

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I hope he got a video of that... he'll be working that karma off until we're all old and grey, but it would be worth every point if he captured that glorious moment

Not the same, but here's a video from launch that I refer to when I need to laugh a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NHizslgkm4

This is of course, when there were penalties to death both in PvE and PvP!

Edited by Ayl
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Karma Bombing is something that is only in the minds of those making such claims.  It isn't anything.  Players can't loose karma unless they decide to flag and murder other players.  If they do it over and over it's like Karmakaze.  They cause themselves to loose karma and blame it on someone else.

Edited by ronniejw
Correct spelling
12 people like this

Posted

Karma Bombing is something that is only in the minds of those making such claims.  It isn't anything.  Players can't loose karma unless they decide to flag and murder other players.  If they do it over and over it's like Karmadaze.  They cause themselves to loose karma and blame it on someone else.

You are right in a sense Ronnie, however this person took it to a different level because we choose, or some of us, chose to be pema red to counter act what we view as coward game mechanics. It is in the game and allowed however we view it but to create a guild mirroring our own to do this tactic in the hopes of enraging people to grief us and believe they are justified is defiantly harassment and is not and should not be allowed by the devs.

I blame no one for my karma loss and live red of my own choosing

Nahta Ayra  <Cynical>

Posted

Change guild name problem solved. ililililili Would work in your favor.

Posted (edited)

You are right in a sense Ronnie, however this person took it to a different level because we choose, or some of us, chose to be pema red to counter act what we view as coward game mechanics. It is in the game and allowed however we view it but to create a guild mirroring our own to do this tactic in the hopes of enraging people to grief us and believe they are justified is defiantly harassment and is not and should not be allowed by the devs.

I blame no one for my karma loss and live red of my own choosing

Nahta Ayra  <Cynical>

But griefing is another story.  Karma Bombing however doesn't  exist.

Edit:  I would also like to add that I think what this person is doing is wrong and I hope it is punishable.

Edited by ronniejw
Added comment
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Wow, that's some ingenuity right there. I'm actually kind of impressed. When faced with insurmountable odds, they found a way to turn the situation so far into their favor that it is practically harassment. 

I think I want to be this person's friend...

They would do well in EVE Online

Edited by Tolmos
1 person likes this

Posted

Wow, that's some ingenuity right there. I'm actually kind of impressed. When faced with insurmountable odds, they found a way to turn the situation so far into their favor that it is practically harassment. 

I think I want to be this person's friend...

They would do well in EVE Online

LOL, yes sounds like something right out of EVE Online.  Of course such behavior is actually encouraged on EVE which openly promotes actions that would normally be considered griefing in any other game.  EVE was one of my favorite games of all time and I had five paid subscriptions often playing two of them at a time with separate monitors.  However, after a little over a year I got tired of the pvp and quit the game.

I was a volunteer with EVE University all that time but there was a change to the way war was declared and and after that we were in a constant state of war (so many of those pvp players just love killing new players for some reason) and the game wasn't fun for me anymore after that.

Posted (edited)

LOL, yes sounds like something right out of EVE Online.  Of course such behavior is actually encouraged on EVE which openly promotes actions that would normally be considered griefing in any other game.  EVE was one of my favorite games of all time and I had five paid subscriptions often playing two of them at a time with separate monitors.  However, after a little over a year I got tired of the pvp and quit the game.

I was a volunteer with EVE University all that time but there was a change to the way war was declared and and after that we were in a constant state of war (so many of those pvp players just love killing new players for some reason) and the game wasn't fun for me anymore after that.

Yea, EVE players can be a little... special at times. There are always players who recognize that the games need new blood, so some concessions should be made (low level safe zones + catch up mechanics + good tutoring systems), but some players just don't care and think all PvP all the time is the way to go. Unfortunately, it can have exactly the negative impact you experienced. That really sucks, too, because PvP games are already niche as it is, without adding in making the new player experience miserable in the process.

Edited by Tolmos

Posted (edited)

Karma bombing is not a thing. Its like describing a person you shot at as bloody-ing on you. Its usually used by people that tend to blame others for their own actions.

Edited by MajorS
4 people like this