• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Griefing to a whole new level

155 posts in this topic

Posted

thanks for informing the public of this important matter. Yet another ludicrous story that is of course centered around the non existance of karma bombing.

Karma Bombing is a thing say your grinding in an area and another guy comes up and starts killing one or so spawns in your rotation or even hitting them they get a portion of the xp gaind even if you actually wipe the mob or mobs. they basically get a free ride on xp where as you the one dealing the damage get hosed on exp.

none of this involves karma, or better, none of this involves negative karma. Try again but you should refine your lies to a whole new level, to quote the OP.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Every time I come to the forums and see the phrase "Karma Bombing", I laugh.

This would be like if you have a roommate and they start putting candy in a little bowl in the living room. Then you sue the roommate because they are "purposefully" making you fat by offering candy in a bowl somewhere in the house, and therefor you are unable to stop yourself from eating it. Your fat is their fault.

It is very rare that I see something that just screams "spoiled kid", but the phrase "Karma Bombing" is really hitting the nail.

Karms bombing translates to: "I don't have the self control to stop myself from taking advantage of a situation, therefor I put the onus on the other party to stop me from having that opportunity. By giving it to me, I cannot be held responsible for what I do".

People, listen to me: just because you CAN do something does not mean you absolutely have to. Just because a Carebear presents themselves in front of you, all bright eyed and bushy tailed, does not mean you HAVE to kill them. If you take that approach, you will stay red forever because there are always more Carebears to kill! 

Congratulations! By reading this, you now know how to stop people from "Karma Bombing" you! I know, I know: self control is totally not as cool and sexy as having those other players banned or losing levels whenever you do indulge yourself, but that's life. Sometimes we have to grow up and take responsibility for our own actions. But I believe in you! =D 

Good luck!

Edited by Tolmos
6 people like this

Posted

it's useless to try to explain them what they know well Tolmos. These guys are just pretending to not know what they are doing. The real purpouse of all the whining they put up on the forums is to bring back exp loss on PvP death (you will read mention of it in every freaking thread they open to whine -yet again- against the non existant karma bombing), since of course what they suffer from is not the loss of karma, as they blatantly admit, but the complete inefficiency of their mindless actions. If they were anywhere near a decent player as they boast to be, they would make competition go away by taking away from it the reason to be there, which means they would kill mobs faster enough that the competition itself will move on since it's only a waste of time. The fact they go out of their way and turn red (I mean that face behind the monitor, not the char's name) to kill others, is a source of entertainment for the so called "karma bombers", which of course will not go away.

Posted

it's useless to try to explain them what they know well Tolmos. These guys are just pretending to not know what they are doing. The real purpouse of all the whining they put up on the forums is to bring back exp loss on PvP death (you will read mention of it in every freaking thread they open to whine -yet again- against the non existant karma bombing), since of course what they suffer from is not the loss of karma, as they blatantly admit, but the complete inefficiency of their mindless actions. If they were anywhere near a decent player as they boast to be, they would make competition go away by taking away from it the reason to be there, which means they would kill mobs faster enough that the competition itself will move on since it's only a waste of time. The fact they go out of their way and turn red (I mean that face behind the monitor, not the char's name) to kill others, is a source of entertainment for the so called "karma bombers", which of course will not go away.

how do I outfarm witches and wizards on ninja?

Posted

which means they would kill mobs faster enough that the competition

lolololllolololololololol 

If you have decent offensive stats you can oneshot every mob pack (excl. Val). Meaning your rotation radius (to maintain flow) would be so big you cannot control it by simply outfarming someone, the chance of someone hopping into your rotation offmap is very high, thus they just need to die a fast death.

Posted

How many times are you going to defend this? You look foolish every damn time. So here are some points you may need to read:

1) Not all classes farm mobs in PvE at the same speeds even if they have the EXACT same gear. Why is that? That is because of the game mechanics each one of the classes has. A good example would be a witch vs a maehwa. A witch has the ability to attack mobs from a distance whereas a maehwa has to go up to it's mobs and can only attack in a cone shape. The witch on the other hand can literally do an attack that kills mobs in a large area. So witches will farm mobs faster in maehwa due the way they are set up.

2) Not everyone uses PvE damage add-ons to their attacks. Those that have PvE add-ons can potentially kill mobs at a faster rate even with lower gear than someone who does not use these. Now why might some people not use them? These people are mainly in node/territory guilds. The other reason is because it costs money or an extremely significant amount of loyalty to do a reset every time you need to change the skill add-ons.

3) Believe it or not, there are people in this game who's sole purpose is to ruin another persons day. These people can come up to a group of 5 doing a rotation and decide to start killing the mobs this group is farming. Why do they do this? To try to piss off the people doing the rotation. If they're lucky, they get them to turn red so they leave so they can have that spot.

Posted

Hello.

The OP made it clear that the problem doesn't involve karma at all as they choose to be perma red. 

So instead of jerking off about terminology, let's just stick to the point of the thread which is guild impersonation .

Thank you.

Posted

This would be like if you have a roommate and they start putting candy in a little bowl in the living room. Then you sue the roommate because they are "purposefully" making you fat by offering candy in a bowl somewhere in the house, and therefor you are unable to stop yourself from eating it. Your fat is their fault.

It is very rare that I see something that just screams "spoiled kid", but the phrase "Karma Bombing" is really hitting the nail.

Karms bombing translates to: "I don't have the self control to stop myself from taking advantage of a situation, therefor I put the onus on the other party to stop me from having that opportunity. By giving it to me, I cannot be held responsible for what I do".

People, listen to me: just because you CAN do something does not mean you absolutely have to. Just because a Carebear presents themselves in front of you, all bright eyed and bushy tailed, does not mean you HAVE to kill them. If you take that approach, you will stay red forever because there are always more Carebears to kill! 

Congratulations! By reading this, you now know how to stop people from "Karma Bombing" you! I know, I know: self control is totally not as cool and sexy as having those other players banned or losing levels whenever you do indulge yourself, but that's life. Sometimes we have to grow up and take responsibility for our own actions. But I believe in you! =D 

Good luck!

Everyone seems to not realize that this thread is NOT about karma bombing. The OP stated that he does not care about karma. He is red by choice. The topic was griefing through in-game slander/impersonation. What brought this on was a story about someone trying to get the OP to go red, but realized they couldn't because he was already red and didn't care, so they tried to use tactic that is easily doable even if it is against the terms of service, guild/player impersonation. The discussion was about this, not about people making themselves go red and then whining about it. If you kill someone and go red, your fault. End of story. Now, let's get back on topic.

Hello.

The OP made it clear that the problem doesn't involve karma at all as they choose to be perma red. 

So instead of jerking off about terminology, let's just stick to the point of the thread which is guild impersonation .

Thank you.

Thank you. Finally someone who understands!

Posted

Thats real dedication, its good to see some people have good work ethic, if i could i'd shake their hand

Posted

Good luck!

So what you are suggesting is to give up the spot to some pos who think he can just log in/come in to the spot and start grinding it even tho someone is already there. You do realize that some people search for spots for hour + before they start doing their rotations right ? They check channels and if they see someone they switch/move to another place talk to the guy grinding and ask when he is done etc, and all that just to give up to one shitter who just comes in and starts ks'ing :D

To me it sounds like you are one of those entiltled shitters who karma bombs and i wish more people knew how to deal with pathetic 'old school pvpers' like you so you would already move on to another game.

Posted (edited)

So what you are suggesting is to give up the spot to some pos who think he can just log in/come in to the spot and start grinding it even tho someone is already there. You do realize that some people search for spots for hour + before they start doing their rotations right ? They check channels and if they see someone they switch/move to another place talk to the guy grinding and ask when he is done etc, and all that just to give up to one shitter who just comes in and starts ks'ing :D

To me it sounds like you are one of those entiltled shitters who karma bombs and i wish more people knew how to deal with pathetic 'old school pvpers' like you so you would already move on to another game.

I wish I knew this Tommie's in game new so I could grind with him.

And by grind with him, I mean just grind wherever he's grinding with auto decline on, wait for his inevitable flag an qq when he dies and complains about how he was there first.

I'm not sure why, but most people with his vein of thought get really possessive of a grindspot when they are the ones intruded on.

Edited by Thelle

Posted

Everyone seems to not realize that this thread is NOT about karma bombing. The OP stated that he does not care about karma. He is red by choice. The topic was griefing through in-game slander/impersonation. What brought this on was a story about someone trying to get the OP to go red, but realized they couldn't because he was already red and didn't care, so they tried to use tactic that is easily doable even if it is against the terms of service, guild/player impersonation. The discussion was about this, not about people making themselves go red and then whining about it. If you kill someone and go red, your fault. End of story. Now, let's get back on topic.

Thank you. Finally someone who understands!

The very first sentence in the OP is:

"A person was Karma bombing, or trying too, but we have people that are not afraid to go red and killed them repeatedly."

Some of us are just sick and tired of these claims of Karma Bombing when it doesn't even exist.  If the OP didn't want to have this discussed in the thread he/she shouldn't have made such a claim in the very opening of their post. 

2 people like this

Posted

Hi, you are obviously one of those people who think that once they get to a grind spot they own it. Sorry to tell you princess but that's not how a game with an open world pvp system works. 

If he can out grind you, then too bad you got unlucky and ran into someone who's more geared or plays a class that grinds faster than yours. So you can keep grinding, flag him and try to kill him, go find a new spot. 

No he's not the entitled shitter who karma bombs. Karma bombing was invented by entitled shitters who think they own a grind spot, and thus cry when they lose Karma because they decided to alt+c. Just remember you're the one pulling the pin out of the grenade and letting it explode in your face. 

2 people like this

Posted

You could always G-kick me.

Never!

The amount of salt in this derailed thread is freakin epic. You carebears are so lost you argue with yourselves while saying the same thing! <golf claps>

Please never climb down from that horse. It's to fun for us to knock you off it.

1 person likes this

Posted

The very first sentence in the OP is:

"A person was Karma bombing, or trying too, but we have people that are not afraid to go red and killed them repeatedly."

Some of us are just sick and tired of these claims of Karma Bombing when it doesn't even exist.  If the OP didn't want to have this discussed in the thread he/she shouldn't have made such a claim in the very opening of their post. 

Your argument is like saying it is okay to fight about whether or not pineapple goes on pizza because the OP started his post with a story about having to live an entire week off of one pineapple pizza, when the main topic he was trying to discuss is the fact that the majority of college students live in poverty.

There are some who believe karma bombing is a thing, and many who don't. The OP holds the opinion of the former, so he tell his story with that bias, but that does not mean it is the topic of the discussion. The first sentence does not have to be the topic. It was the opening of a story to introduce the issue at hand. It's pathetic that people get enraged about minor details or opinions to the point that they are blind to the issue that the person is actually trying to address.

Never!

The amount of salt in this derailed thread is freakin epic. You carebears are so lost you argue with yourselves while saying the same thing! <golf claps>

Please never climb down from that horse. It's to fun for us to knock you off it.

I like multiplying/refining the salt with logic and reason, because there is nothing that makes people saltier than when you prove someone's lack thereof.

3 people like this

Posted

Regardless of whether or not karma bombing is a thing, I personally feel like impersonation with malicious intent should be punishable. That shit's just not cool. 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Your argument is like saying it is okay to fight about whether or not pineapple goes on pizza because the OP started his post with a story about having to live an entire week off of one pineapple pizza, when the main topic he was trying to discuss is the fact that the majority of college students live in poverty.

There are some who believe karma bombing is a thing, and many who don't. The OP holds the opinion of the former, so he tell his story with that bias, but that does not mean it is the topic of the discussion. The first sentence does not have to be the topic. It was the opening of a story to introduce the issue at hand. It's pathetic that people get enraged about minor details or opinions to the point that they are blind to the issue that the person is actually trying to address.

First of all I'm not the one that started discussing the claim of karma bombing.  Someone else asked what karma bombing was and I replied as did others.

And, second you have actually posted more on the topic of karma bombing in this thread then I have.  Go ahead and do a word count cuz you are way ahead of me.

Edited by ronniejw

Posted

karma bombing in a nut shell, somebody comes into your rotation that you have been in , ks's mobs and refuses to leave even if you ask politely, refuses to fight back when you attempt to fight for the spot, and will intentionally run back not even to kill mobs but to make you go red.

Posted

First of all I'm not the one that started discussing the claim of karma bombing.  Someone else asked what karma bombing was and I replied as did others.

And, second you have actually posted more on the topic of karma bombing in this thread then I have.  Go ahead and do a word count cuz you are way ahead of me.

I never said you were the one who first derailed the topic, just that you were wrongly defending those who are.

Went back and looked at my posts.

The first one was on topic, stating that people should give up if they can't have their way, not resort to cheap tactics like impersonation, and that the game should not make impersonation so easy.

The second was a pointless response to a fellow guild member.

Third post was telling people to get off the karma bombing discussion and back on the topic of griefing through guild impersonation.

My fourth post was my response to you, who defended those who were derailing the topic after directly quoting me trying to get this this discussion back on track.

If you can't stay on topic, your time is better spent elsewhere.

Posted

I never said you were the one who first derailed the topic, just that you were wrongly defending those who are.

The first one was on topic, stating that people should give up if they can't have their way, not resort to cheap tactics like impersonation, and that the game should not make impersonation so easy.

Third post was telling people to get off the karma bombing discussion and back on the topic of griefing through guild impersonation.

My fourth post was my response to you, who defended those who were derailing the topic after directly quoting me trying to get this this discussion back on track.

The first sentence of the OP literally states the phrase "Karma Bombing". The entire premise of the OP is that someone was "Karma Bombing" while doing their impersonation, implying that "Karma Bombing" not only exists but is something so grievous that a person pretending to be them while doing this is getting the OP wardecced. 

To argue that "Karma Bombing" is a ridiculous notion IS completely on topic, since they made that assumption in their OP and hinged the entire conversation on the idea. If they had simply said the person was running around kill stealing, "Karma Bombing" wouldn't even be a topic of discussion. But since the OP made that a part of the topic, the forums gladly continued the discussion. 

So, chill out a bit and wipe away the tears; no one is derailing anything. We are discussing the topic at hand, as the OP stated it. Thanks for the concern, though. :)

2 people like this

Posted

Then why do you insist on continuing to discuss a topic you claim to be off topic?  Why don't you get off the "get off the karma bombing discussion"  topic then. 

And, like I said the OP started the discussion on Karma Bombing by making a statement about karma bombing in his very first sentence.  If he/she didn't want to include it in the discussion then they shouldn't have brought it up.

I didn't say that you said I was the first to bring up the topic (nobody actually derailed anything until you started whining).  I was pointing out that I didn't start the discussion.  The OP addressed it and then someone asked what it was.

So, how long are you going to continue to derail the discussion with this discussion about derailing the discussion. 

Posted

This is only a game.

Why do you people have to feel so much annoyed each time someone doesn't do what you exactly want?

Elitism?

Posted

36exyh.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

A person was Karma bombing, or trying too, but we have people that are not afraid to go red and killed them repeatedly. Needless to say they got very mad that they could not KB us and was threatening and talking all kinds of mess.

So she decide to create a guild similar to our name except she changed an l (ELL) lower case "L"  to a capital "I" so it looks like the " L"   which looks the same as our guild name. She created this to Karma Grief anyone and everyone in the hopes that they would dec on us and cause us all sorts of problems being that we cannot fight at world bosses and things like that( their foremost threats mentioned.) 

Now we do not have a problem with the world being decced on us but we do have a problem if the dec-er believes that they are deccing on us do to the Karma Bombing. We do not believe in that game mechanic and make it know to all our guild members.

If it was any other form of harassment I would respect and commend this person for their actions, because lets face it, that is some pretty dedicated salt to go through all that, but because of the one action I personally hate most in BDO (to the point of living the outlaw life and staying perma red) I cannot give the respect to that dedicated level.

The Original Post was in guilds but I believe it will get burred there so I am re posting here.  http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/134052-above-and-beyond/

Nahta Ayra     NA Guild 

I find this entire thread funny and ironic. When I just caught one of Cynical's members --- Malyfex --- killing AFK Fishers...anf he ran when he found out I was a little bit of a harder target to kill than changed channels

Karma and irony..... funny things.

Edit : PS -- this clown is perma red

Edited by Visnja
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

@ronniejw, before I make my forum browsing a bit more pleasant by adding some people to block, I would like to know your typical or suggested course of action in the following case: You, and/or your group, have been grinding for about an hour uninterrupted. A player comes along and start killing mobs in the same rotation as you. Communication, attempts to group, and even expanding your rotation to try to keep from over-clearing are of no avail as the player just continues to make the rotation inefficient for everyone, including himself, without care. What do you do?

Edited by Thelle