• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Red Battlefield.........

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Listen, I like this game a lot, I've put over 600 Hrs into it thus far and I plan on playing much more......but we have to talk about how terrible the Red Battlefield is.........I mean i just hit 50, but I cant even stay alive 2 seconds to enjoy it. I also noticed for a game that states its PvP focused, there is next to no one playing in the Red Battlefields. I would assume that's because there is no real fun to it and no reason to do so? I would love to see PvP rewards, and maybe PvP only gear that you can obtain from tokens that are gained from the Red Battlefield. It would also be nice to have a capture the flag, or other options for fun PvP.........not "Hey, we focus on PvP more than anything, here's an arena........pretty much no point to it, have fun." I'm not trying to sound whiny or anything, but I have put a lot of time and money into this game and I want to see it flourish and be more fun (not to say that it isn't fun as is, but more PvP arena options and different PvP modes with rewards would definitely make it much better). Thoughts?

P.S. Yes, Im aware this isnt World of Warcraft (Of which, I'm not a fan of, but some of the PvP modes in that game were pretty fun..........Same could be said of GW 2, SWTOR, Wildstar, Rift, and ESO). This game is definitely unique and fun, but that doesn't mean it cant take what some other games utilize for PvP, and build upon them to make BDO even better.

Posted

I agree that it would be nice to have more PvP rewards come from actually PvPing, but there's a few things you have to understand (from someone who has spent over 5,000 hours on the game since launch, and has the "Hero" title from RBF):

1.) Red Battlefield is an arena that only the top/most geared PvPers really do. Don't expect to walk in there as a fresh level 50 with less than 400gs and get any kills. You're going to have a very bad time if you're not "endgame". And there are SOME rewards, those tokens you get can be turned into a material which is used to make RBF versions of some crystals, but something better would definitely be welcome. Just keep leveling and gearing up, and go back in there when you're at least 58+ with good gear and you'll probably have a better time.

2.) BDO isn't just a PvP game, it's an OPEN WORLD PvP game. There is a big difference. Open World PvP games tend to focus on GvG and PK/Outlaw gameplay, and in BDO's case, Node Wars and Sieges as well. I never played WoW but I did play TERA and SWTOR, and I can tell you for a fact that the instant those games added arena-based PvP, the Open World PvP completely died off. This would be fine if Pearl Abyss added the ability to level and gear up through arenas, but that would mean less revenue for PA/Kakao (less bag expansions/weight increases sold, etc.) and more salty tears from lifeskillers/carebears. That means PA/Kakao will probably never do it. Plus, GvG's are a blast and they would stop happening if all the PvPers were in arena's all day long.

3.) Based on your post, it sounds like you're playing solo? If that's the case, I seriously suggest finding a Node War guild to join. Node Wars and Sieges are some of the best PvP I've ever had in any game, and they are what is considered "endgame" PvP in BDO. While you CAN play solo in BDO, you won't really get to experience the fun PvP until you join a guild.

Hope this helps.

2 people like this

Posted

The real question is, how do you play this game for 600 hours and barely hit 50?

4 people like this

Posted

Damn id love to see a BDO version of the "huttball" from SWTOR, that was best pvp arena ive ever seen in a game. 

oh men...huttball with BDO gameplay... what a blast.

1 person likes this

Posted

The real question is, how do you play this game for 600 hours and barely hit 50?

This game has a lot to do, and I have been focusing on doing other things besides leveling.........as I am in no rush to do so :) 

I agree that it would be nice to have more PvP rewards come from actually PvPing, but there's a few things you have to understand (from someone who has spent over 5,000 hours on the game since launch, and has the "Hero" title from RBF):

1.) Red Battlefield is an arena that only the top/most geared PvPers really do. Don't expect to walk in there as a fresh level 50 with less than 400gs and get any kills. You're going to have a very bad time if you're not "endgame". And there are SOME rewards, those tokens you get can be turned into a material which is used to make RBF versions of some crystals, but something better would definitely be welcome. Just keep leveling and gearing up, and go back in there when you're at least 58+ with good gear and you'll probably have a better time.

2.) BDO isn't just a PvP game, it's an OPEN WORLD PvP game. There is a big difference. Open World PvP games tend to focus on GvG and PK/Outlaw gameplay, and in BDO's case, Node Wars and Sieges as well. I never played WoW but I did play TERA and SWTOR, and I can tell you for a fact that the instant those games added arena-based PvP, the Open World PvP completely died off. This would be fine if Pearl Abyss added the ability to level and gear up through arenas, but that would mean less revenue for PA/Kakao (less bag expansions/weight increases sold, etc.) and more salty tears from lifeskillers/carebears. That means PA/Kakao will probably never do it. Plus, GvG's are a blast and they would stop happening if all the PvPers were in arena's all day long.

3.) Based on your post, it sounds like you're playing solo? If that's the case, I seriously suggest finding a Node War guild to join. Node Wars and Sieges are some of the best PvP I've ever had in any game, and they are what is considered "endgame" PvP in BDO. While you CAN play solo in BDO, you won't really get to experience the fun PvP until you join a guild.

Hope this helps.

It Helps a lot, and I appreciate the understanding and thought that you put into this post........was afraid people might think im hating on the game and it would start a flame war. I will take what you said into consideration, regardless, I am enjoying this game quite a lot. I'm currently playing a Maewha and like it, just hope they are feasible in end game. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm currently playing a Maewha and like it, just hope they are feasible in end game. 

Yep they're perfectly viable, especially once you reach level 56 and get your awakening.

Posted

Slightly related question. If im a 59 ranger with 430 GS, will I have an enjoyable time in RBF?

Posted

This game has a lot to do, and I have been focusing on doing other things besides leveling.........as I am in no rush to do so :) 

It Helps a lot, and I appreciate the understanding and thought that you put into this post........was afraid people might think im hating on the game and it would start a flame war. I will take what you said into consideration, regardless, I am enjoying this game quite a lot. I'm currently playing a Maewha and like it, just hope they are feasible in end game. 

Get to level 58 at least to get some of your most important skills and get to around 220 ap. I'm a Maehwa and i usually average 200~ points every RBF.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a similar problem.

I made an alt it's level 30 now, and I purchased a white weapon from the NPC vendor.

But is really so weak. How is that possible ???

I have played many hundreds of hours now and I'm aware that there are lv60 players out there with TET weapons, but that surely can't be the reason I am so shitty compared to them?

This is what I expected with this post, thank you for living up to douche bag standards. Also, FYI, I have TRI Armor and a TRI Weapon.......but thanks for the condescending asinine post.......SUPER Helpful. 

Get to level 58 at least to get some of your most important skills and get to around 220 ap. I'm a Maehwa and i usually average 200~ points every RBF.

Thanks, Yeah I've been working on that, and its good to know Maehwa's stand a chance :)

Posted

This is what I expected with this post, thank you for living up to douche bag standards. Also, FYI, I have TRI Armor and a TRI Weapon.......but thanks for the condescending asinine post.......SUPER Helpful. 

You are around 10 (TEN) levels below the ones you are fighting, don't be ridiculous. If you haven't noticed this even after hundreds of hours of playing, you might also just be incredibly bad at the game, that could be another reason.

Posted

You are around 10 (TEN) levels below the ones you are fighting, don't be ridiculous. If you haven't noticed this even after hundreds of hours of playing, you might also just be incredibly bad at the game, that could be another reason.

Again, this post was mostly about adding features and having a civil discussion with good input........."If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"......or did your mother not teach you that? Its ok, I forgive you and your distraught mind. I know your sick with Troll-itis, and I just want you to know that there are people out there who care about you and who want you to care about them. Its ok to let people in, you don't have to shut out the whole world. 

To everyone else, thanks for your helpful input and understanding that this game has an extremely vast amount of things to do......so spending 600 hours and still being low level doesn't mean you suck, it just means that you focused on other aspects of the game (At least a rational person with an IQ over 10 would understand this). Still would be nice to see new kinds of PvP in the game and different rewards. I know I know, as the trollz would say "if you don't like it, play something else"......well to them I say, I do like it and there is plenty to do besides PVP....but any decently smart person knows that in order to keep something functioning well, adjustments and improvements need to be made. Even the most perfect diamond isn't completely flawless........BOOM, Life lesson!

#LetsEndTrollitisTogether

Posted

As others have mentioned, you're going to want to be 58+ and 450+GS to participate properly in RBF. Even then you'll get insta gibbed pretty often if you get caught in a CC. 

OP as far as your point that you've played for 600 hours focusing on things other than leveling up and PVP - you should keep what you said in mind. You have put very little time and effort into leveling up your character or learning to PVP on it because you put 600 hours into other things. You should have no expectation of walking into PVP with top tier players and doing anything other than dying repeatedly. You could spend another ~50 hours grinding to hit 58 (10ish to hit 56, 10ish 56-57, 20ish for 57-58) and have much better chances in PVP assuming your gear is up to par. 

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0