• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Guides

41 posts in this topic

Posted

I just created a warrior alt and really enjoyed it. I was wondering if someone has guides on gearing, skill tree, awk addons, etc. Basically a end game tutorial. Anyone knows?

Posted (edited)

Start with getting him to level 59 and using a vangertz shield. Use AP or AP/Accuracy accesories. Switch grunils to boss gear. Switch blue weapons to boss weapons.

Never doubt Vangertz shield. Learn to quick switch to grab and back. Learn to do a killer combo at 59.  Learn to cancel skills like reckless blow with F. Don't trade HP with superarmor, we lose most. Awk addons are subjective but I recommend making sure you have most of the DOT debuffs. They add up.

Understand your warrior, understand your opponents class and arena/RBF a lot. 

Just get to 59 first before you start the rest.

Edited by LoneWolf
1 person likes this

Posted

Last one : accept the fact that every medicore geared wizard will kill you with 2 buttons. They are "S" and "F".

Posted

idk , i can beat wizards in 1v1s , granted in team fights its alot easier to  lose track of what they are doing and where they are doing it.

as far as shields , vangertz is bar none the cheapest shield that will get you the farthest, but there are better alternatives depending on what you are wanting and what other gear you have.

as far as accessories, red corals in the earrings are an easy choice, rings can be cadry red corals or marks/crescents depending on what kinda build your gunning  for. on belt its shultz tree or basi depending on budget. necklace would probably be shultz>serap>ogre depending again on budget/luck.

if you have the accuracy from something like zarka/redcorals etc... then you can drop vangertz and even bhegs at times.

as far as armor goes this is very controversal , but if nothing else, if you are going for a DR build and can afford to get red corals and a zarka , getting bhegs isent a must and muskans isnt cost effective.

currently in the process of swapping bhegs/muskans for heve , more overall DR (assuming the datamined stats are accurate) significantly cheaper, and more hp. keeping giath/tree cause i dont wanna give up all that hp and have to rebrand that many pieces. tried to do eva builds and was not satisfied with the results on the warrior but have seen very good results overall with stacking more DR

Posted

idk , i can beat wizards in 1v1s , granted in team fights its alot easier to  lose track of what they are doing and where they are doing it.

as far as shields , vangertz is bar none the cheapest shield that will get you the farthest, but there are better alternatives depending on what you are wanting and what other gear you have.

as far as accessories, red corals in the earrings are an easy choice, rings can be cadry red corals or marks/crescents depending on what kinda build your gunning  for. on belt its shultz tree or basi depending on budget. necklace would probably be shultz>serap>ogre depending again on budget/luck.

if you have the accuracy from something like zarka/redcorals etc... then you can drop vangertz and even bhegs at times.

as far as armor goes this is very controversal , but if nothing else, if you are going for a DR build and can afford to get red corals and a zarka , getting bhegs isent a must and muskans isnt cost effective.

currently in the process of swapping bhegs/muskans for heve , more overall DR (assuming the datamined stats are accurate) significantly cheaper, and more hp. keeping giath/tree cause i dont wanna give up all that hp and have to rebrand that many pieces. tried to do eva builds and was not satisfied with the results on the warrior but have seen very good results overall with stacking more DR

is this true? Having heve gloves and boots better then musk and bhegs for warrior? Returning warrior so I don't now what's currently going on?

Posted (edited)

is this true? Having heve gloves and boots better then musk and bhegs for warrior? Returning warrior so I don't now what's currently going on?

if you are not going heavy eva, and you have accuracy in other forms to not need it from bhegs, then in my personal opinion heve can yield better results , at a much cheaper cost.

again the whole point to this would be if you are attempting to stack more DR and forgo evasion.

Edited by Burhead

Posted

No it isnt... Dont bother listening to guy who cant do basic aritmetics... He had HP fetish and now he has DR fetish... Even if you show him numbers hi will claim the bigger one is lower bcs he feels like it... :D

The reason why you want Heve armor is, bcs you can combine any parts with boss armor for set effect...

Posted (edited)

No it isnt... Dont bother listening to guy who cant do basic aritmetics... He had HP fetish and now he has DR fetish... Even if you show him numbers hi will claim the bigger one is lower bcs he feels like it... :D

The reason why you want Heve armor is, bcs you can combine any parts with boss armor for set effect...

cant do basic math because you refuse to accept that dr is viable, and that eva isent unless you stack alot of it. sure, grunil is good too, but heve has more hp and isnt piece depedent so you can flex with it easier.

all youve shown is that XXX dp (not even saying how much dr) was like some absurd numbery ou pulled out your ass % damage reduction. you didnt show tests , you didnt show testing methods , you didnt show resutls, all you did was claim that something (something low at that like 240 or some shit dp) was what you said it was.

and im not claiming bigger numbers are smaller, i claim that your 60% hit rate from a hard acc stacker is bullshit from tests ive done, and i claim that you need to stack more eva for said eva to be meaningful. which means you sacrifice more in other area's. where as since DR does not have a stat that cancels it out it does not need to meet different break points to be effective.

Edited by Burhead

Posted

-bullshit snip-

Every line is completely off... GO play casting speed warr you " out of meta" ...

Posted

then go post your numbers, because the last time you did it was, oh my friend has 240 dp and it was cicera 65% DR because 140 DR or some other bullshit, you didnt say anything remotely about tests, or how you got those numbers you just pulled them out of your ass

Posted

then go post your numbers, because the last time you did it was, oh my friend has 240 dp and it was cicera 65% DR because 140 DR or some other bullshit, you didnt say anything remotely about tests, or how you got those numbers you just pulled them out of your ass

You not understanding and me not providing are two different things... Feel free to go over all those posts again and read properly... the only one suing words "my friend" and "i feel/think" was you... And with those half-assed tests of yours, no wonder...

Posted

You not understanding and me not providing are two different things... Feel free to go over all those posts again and read properly... the only one suing words "my friend" and "i feel/think" was you... And with those half-assed tests of yours, no wonder...

post , your, numbers then. if you have proof to say things are how you say they are then show it. otherwise your pulling numbers out of your ass.

im not pretenting to pull fake evidence out of my ass. i go off of what i have observed. and i have observed DR stacked warriors be pretty damn hard to kill, even with multiple people with 200+ ap on them.

but if you have evidence that says dr scales horribly in the form of tests (like the ones you claimed to have done) and in the form of numbers (you claim to have) then show them , tell us what kind of tests you ran to get to those numbers. and explain where you pulled that 65% damage reduction number from.

Posted

post , your, numbers then. if you have proof to say things are how you say they are then show it. otherwise your pulling numbers out of your ass.

im not pretenting to pull fake evidence out of my ass. i go off of what i have observed. and i have observed DR stacked warriors be pretty damn hard to kill, even with multiple people with 200+ ap on them.

but if you have evidence that says dr scales horribly in the form of tests (like the ones you claimed to have done) and in the form of numbers (you claim to have) then show them , tell us what kind of tests you ran to get to those numbers. and explain where you pulled that 65% damage reduction number from.

Posted

if you have proof , post your numbers otherwise your doing the same bs you claim im doing, and i wonder why you'd make yourself look as bad as me when you think i look as bad as i do.

Posted

Nope.. I already provided everything... And i hate repeating myself.. Even moreso bcs of ignorant lazy assholes... Go re-read the topic again...

Posted

Nope.. I already provided everything... And i hate repeating myself.. Even moreso bcs of ignorant lazy assholes... Go re-read the topic again...

except you dident.

From graphic above 132 DR should be 27.5% reduced dmg taken... Idk what AP you used for that grave digging numbers... But the same amount of Evasion is 99% dodge rate increase... Guess which results in higher EHP... Not even mentioning it screws up combos... (DR sucks)

edit: My bad... It was DP and not DR in test... But gear bein 65% DR, you will still go sub 50% reduction (closer to 40)... So it still sucks...

edit2: 42-43% reduction

that is copy past what you have said, referencing a graphic that was not posted about a test you did not describe , in numbers you did not provide. you just wildly claimed XXX dr (in this case it was 132 dr) is 27.5% damage reduction, you did not justify where you got that number from , you did not test if damage reduction has diminishing returns or not, you did not test other dr numbers (purely based on the information you have chosen to provide) you just claim something is the way it is because you said so and are proclaiming nobody else can be right because its the way you say it is. you do not justify anybody elses tests, you do not provide any information on the "test" you claim to have done.

Posted (edited)

except you dident.

that is copy past what you have said, referencing a graphic that was not posted about a test you did not describe , in numbers you did not provide. you just wildly claimed XXX dr (in this case it was 132 dr) is 27.5% damage reduction, you did not justify where you got that number from , you did not test if damage reduction has diminishing returns or not, you did not test other dr numbers (purely based on the information you have chosen to provide) you just claim something is the way it is because you said so and are proclaiming nobody else can be right because its the way you say it is. you do not justify anybody elses tests, you do not provide any information on the "test" you claim to have done.

Cute... Copy one post from 4 pages... Read the rest and you will see where i got it from... And now stop spamming me.. Am not here to teach kids how to read or count...

Edited by RoakOriginal

Posted

nowhere in any of those posts did you talk about a test you did regarding DR, nor did you post anything about numbers, and me spamming you? your the one that always comes in where i post saying that im a idiot posting garbage. your the one stalking me friend.

Posted

Without seeing your previous showings of test and arguments, you got some test that DR is actually useful? Personally i feel way tankier when i obtain evasion even if its just a little bit of evasion while if I obtain DR I never notice any difference

Posted

Without seeing your previous showings of test and arguments, you got some test that DR is actually useful? Personally i feel way tankier when i obtain evasion even if its just a little bit of evasion while if I obtain DR I never notice any difference

i havent bothered trying to do tests to determine exactly what amount of DR relates to what amount of damage reduction, because with the mix of the massive amount of seperate tests you'd have to do with the fact that so much shit is hidden it'd be a literal mountain of work. so i dont claim to have done tests to determine this or that or the other. i just know that i have seen DR stacked warriors tank like monsters, and i know that with my amount of dr i feel significantly tankier than i ever did with tri boss gear and a tet vangertz. for example. mix that with many other guildies/friends commenting on how they felt significant increases in tanky'ness when using even small amounts of DR it leads me to personally believe DR is viable, and theres more than a handful of other people who think the same. which is why when i see people like roak exalting eva as the only viable defensive stat and how DR is garbage and people who think dr is even remotely viable are garbage idiots i tell them to back up their talk. give me some kind of evidence to act contrary to what i have experienced. because otherwise they are just tooting their own horn for epeen sake.

roak claims to have done testing in regards to DR having a % mitigation ratio. and he has provided absolutely no evidence to show that he has proven this. which is why i told him to show some numbers and explain his tests or stop bringing them up.

i dont tell people that they are wrong on many/any things anymore (keep in mind i say anymore because i had found myself doing it sometimes in the past) without having even a small amount of experience to say contrary.  like for example people saying they had a 35-45% evasion chance while hard stacking eva vs hard stacked acc players. and that might be the case, if the person they were fighting was not actually hard stacked on accuracy and they did not use/have a skill that had accuracy on it.

now i know eva is strong, especially so on classes that can make better use of it with scaling modifiers from passives and/or good evasion add ons.

but i do and will remain saying that DR is viable (especially on classes that have the DR offhands available to them) have a witch guildie who runs heve and i believe either grunil or rocaba, and uses rcr and molar earrings, has like 300 something dp and 4k hp, and he's a pretty big pain to try to kill while still laying down some moderate damage because even with only around 200 ap, witches and wizards are able to get kills.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You didnt test shit but you bullshit here bcs you think its that way... W/e evasion stacker which is making fun of burhead saying him he stacks DR should stop, bcs this dumbass aint able to stop himself...

Everything provided.. Just you are too dumb to find it... Keep trying...

You have no experience or knowledge in this thing whatsoever and your mouth wont stop.. Nice hypocrisy here...

Warr has several bonus DP buffs... You claim they are all pure DR? Warr even has block.. Do you have any idea how EHP works for your HP and shields? No you dont, we already know it... But you still bullshit here, without even googling such elementary thing...

And feel free to bullshit whatever you want to your friends... But stop infecting newbies with your stupidity...  Anyone who knows at least a bit about gear is already ignoring you...

Witch hard to kill.. No shit sherlock... Guess what... Rocaba has bonus evasion, she has evasion gems in her helmet, i'd bet even evasion offhand and its -----ing witch, which is practicaly the tankiest class since awakening bcs hurr-durr balance and logic...

Holy crap so much shit on one pile and this guy even has ability to post...

Edited by RoakOriginal

Posted

You didnt test shit but you bullshit here bcs you think its that way... W/e evasion stacker which is making fun of burhead saying him he stacks DR should stop, bcs this dumbass aint able to stop himself...

Everything provided.. Just you are too dumb to find it... Keep trying...

You have no experience or knowledge in this thing whatsoever and your mouth wont stop.. Nice hypocrisy here...

Warr has several bonus DP buffs... You claim they are all pure DR? Warr even has block.. Do you have any idea how EHP works for your HP and shields? No you dont, we already know it... But you still bullshit here, without even googling such elementary thing...

And feel free to bullshit whatever you want to your friends... But stop infecting newbies with your stupidity...  Anyone who knows at least a bit about gear is already ignoring you...

Witch hard to kill.. No shit sherlock... Guess what... Rocaba has bonus evasion, she has evasion gems in her helmet, i'd bet even evasion offhand and its -----ing witch, which is practicaly the tankiest class since awakening bcs hurr-durr balance and logic...

Holy crap so much shit on one pile and this guy even has ability to post...

i havent claimed to have done tests, you have, so provide your test information. otherwise stfu about how a stat you  HAVE NOT TESTED is bad.

1 person likes this

Posted

You are claiming so much bullshit you dont even remember it... Guess what? That which probably had some AP as well.. Damn that AP makes people so tanky right?

Posted

Instead of arguing and throwing shit at each other, please lets try to get this thread clean. Not always you can find a nice gear guide/ different treshold opinions.

Posted

items are pretty simple, get full boss gear, till that grunil is cheap and good, accesories are the real problem cause best one are insane expensive but with duo ancient set and duo/tri blue coral earings and red coral earings i was damn fine and i rec it till you get rich to go duo ogre,basilik,tungrad and crescent, and about skills addons do your tests and see what suits you .