• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

So i have 2 penguins..

16 posts in this topic

Posted

One of my penguins is tier 3 and the other one is tier 1... here comes my problems:

1) I cant make them both go outside and looting at the same time

2) I cant breed them..

So what am i suppossed to do really.

Posted

Wait for the next event with a penguin reward.

Breed that one with your current T1.

Breed the resulting pet with your T3.

Pray to RNGeesus that it turns out a T4.

6 people like this

Posted

Wait for the next event with a penguin reward.

Breed that one with your current T1.

Breed the resulting pet with your T3.

Pray to RNGeesus that it turns out a T4.

Posted

sacrifice the t3 to rngesus and enchant some gear

Posted

Level both up to lv10 for a better chance at getting a T4the next time they give out penguins.

Posted

Level both up to lv10 for a better chance at getting a T4the next time they give out penguins.

From what i've seen so far it doesn't matter which level you use. I've bred two times using lvl 10 pets and both times got Tier 2 only, the last time i used one lvl 10 and the other one lvl 1 or maybe both lvl 1? can't remember.. but anyway i got a Tier 3 pet. Other people i know got Tier 3 from both being level 1 so i'd say that level doesn't do anything.

Red

Posted

Level does nothing for breeding.

Posted

From what i've seen so far it doesn't matter which level you use. I've bred two times using lvl 10 pets and both times got Tier 2 only, the last time i used one lvl 10 and the other one lvl 1 or maybe both lvl 1? can't remember.. but anyway i got a Tier 3 pet. Other people i know got Tier 3 from both being level 1 so i'd say that level doesn't do anything.

Red

Level does nothing for breeding.

r8UlrPy.png

Reading is hard.

2 people like this

Posted

r8UlrPy.png

Reading is hard.

I've wrote my opinion according to my experience and from what i've seen so far people who have used lvl 1 pets got Tier 3 much more often than those who used two lvl 10 ones so i'm assuming it's all bullshit RNG once again. This is my experience so far and i've also wrote that and didn't say that it definitely doesn't work so how about you get some glasses and start reading properly as long as you can't prove that description?

Red

Posted (edited)

r8UlrPy.png

Reading is hard.

The quote unquote "higher chance" is so negligible in practice it may as well be pointless to mention imho. Wouldn't take what the text says as hard fact, ESPECIALLY in a game like BDO. Why? because the info typed into the boxes are mostly just translations and may or may not actually affect our servers. Case in point, the Defeat the Weakened Belmorn! lvl 50 quest lock. From at least the closed beta (which I played) that quest said "※ After reaching Level 50, the PvP feature will be activated." Which was just an outright lie since we had pvp forced at 45, it is only recently that they fixed the forced pvp level and put it back to 50, thus making this line correct. Same could be said about leveling nodes, it says "monsters in that area are more likely to drop better items as the level of the node gets higher" people have done some tests between a lvl 1 node and a lvl 10 node, and found it does next to nothing. So really...take what you read with a grain of salt.

In the case of pets (warning these stats are made up just for an example) lets say two lvl 1 pets you have a 30% chance to get a lvl 3 pet. You get two lvl 10 pets you now have a 30.5% chance to get a lvl 3. Technically is a higher chance, but its barely noticeable and not worth spending the time on. It's all up to RNG anyways.

Edited by Illuminia

Posted

I've wrote my opinion according to my experience and from what i've seen so far people who have used lvl 1 pets got Tier 3 much more often than those who used two lvl 10 ones so i'm assuming it's all bullshit RNG once again. This is my experience so far and i've also wrote that and didn't say that it definitely doesn't work so how about you get some glasses and start reading properly as long as you can't prove that description?

Red

The quote unquote "higher chance" is so negligible in practice it may as well be pointless to mention imho. Wouldn't take what the text says as hard fact, ESPECIALLY in a game like BDO. Why? because the info typed into the boxes are mostly just translations and may or may not actually affect our servers. Case in point, the Defeat the Weakened Belmorn! lvl 50 quest lock. From at least the closed beta (which I played) that quest said "※ After reaching Level 50, the PvP feature will be activated." Which was just an outright lie since we had pvp forced at 45, it is only recently that they fixed the forced pvp level and put it back to 50, thus making this line correct. Same could be said about leveling nodes, it says "monsters in that area are more likely to drop better items as the level of the node gets higher" people have done some tests between a lvl 1 node and a lvl 10 node, and found it does next to nothing. So really...take what you read with a grain of salt.

In the case of pets (warning these stats are made up just for an example) lets say two lvl 1 pets you have a 30% chance to get a lvl 3 pet. You get two lvl 10 pets you now have a 30.5% chance to get a lvl 3. Technically is a higher chance, but its barely noticeable and not worth spending the time on. It's all up to RNG anyways.

Let me take the anecdotes from you two random forum people over in-game text that has been in there since the beginning of the game.

Sounds like a great idea.

1 person likes this

Posted

Red

Isn't it worth leveling for the pet skill as well ? Not just for whatever chance at a higher tier since we don't know the rates. 

Posted (edited)

r8UlrPy.png

Reading is hard.

Good Joke, really, i mean.... not like 50% of Text is totally BS and untrue.

Like..... Balmonds Quest..... that told nearly a Year that PvP is enabled at lvl 50 wile it was NEARLY 1 YEAR lvl 45.

Really...... good Joke at making Ingame Text a "must be true"

PET LEVEL DOES NOTHING, Point.

Edited by Caduryn

Posted

Let me take the anecdotes from you two random forum people over in-game text that has been in there since the beginning of the game.

Sounds like a great idea.

As the saying goes...Ignorance is bliss. You keep believing that despite there being numerous cases in which the in game text is wrong.

Posted

A lot of in-game text is right too, you going to ignore it all?

The text says a better chance, of course that could just be 1% better per level, or less, so the very few times you have bred a pet you don't notice. But given pets == money why wouldn't you level them just for that slim extra chance?

2 people like this

Posted

i have a dog a cat a chichen and a car but cant find a job :(

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0