• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Boss gear for pearl?

43 posts in this topic

Posted

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/338 Most of it has to be fake. I bet the real numbers are grossly not even competitive and they
brought them closer together so that the lopsided lower server wouldn't feel dunked on by the other and want to swap servers. Even recorded pens on discord have reached far above and beyond that posts pen counts for NA

Did you catch the thread pointing out that the EU census contained Gamescon items? Cause we sure as hell don't have 24 PEN Cadry's and 12 PEN Centaur belts, but there were 12 classes at Gamescon showcased with.. 2 PEN Cadry's and a PEN Centaur belt.

Whoever did those stats deserve a proper beating.

Posted (edited)

Did you catch the thread pointing out that the EU census contained Gamescon items? Cause we sure as hell don't have 24 PEN Cadry's and 12 PEN Centaur belts, but there were 12 classes at Gamescon showcased with.. 2 PEN Cadry's and a PEN Centaur belt.

Whoever did those stats deserve a proper beating.

It says EU has 24 pen cadry not NA,Are you looking at the left side? Thats EU,right side is NA,it changes on certain things in the post,i don't know why it's laid out the way it is.

Edited by Freeway

Posted

It says EU has 24 pen cadry not NA

Yes and Gamescon is in EU (Germany to be exact) ;)

Posted

A most cunning thing a black market dealer could do tho is to world chat a rare gem and have multiple ppl bid on the same +enchant he lists, getting max profit by getting much sweet pearls

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes and Gamescon is in EU (Germany to be exact) ;)

What makes me laugh is,i now know of 8 Pen Bhegs i can nail down currently on NA,one of them is mine. Why is that not on our side of list? Instead its 5 dande greatsword? Lol that whole post is lies.

Posted

I like how it shows our NA stats as only having a small amount of t8 horses... LOL... I read the numbers and realized how baffling and wrong
they are.. Because if those numbers are real that means i own slightly over 28%  of all the T8 Horses in NA

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/338 Most of it has to be fake. I bet the real numbers are grossly not even competitive and they
brought them closer together so that the lopsided lower server wouldn't feel dunked on by the other and want to swap servers. Even recorded pens on discord have reached far above and beyond that posts pen counts for NA

To me only important stat from that 1 year infograph is number of lvl 56+ chars... If that numbers are true then it means we dont have more then 50k active players on both NA and EU separately... Well its enough for game to be profitable for long time and it will not be closed anytime soon, but its average at best and for sure not number next gen mmo should aim for!! Yes they earned nice money from selling game, but it was 1 year ago and if they will not do sth to improve how they deal with NA/Eu region BDO will end up as next average mmo, one of thousands on market... They can keep ignore our problems and things we demand their attention for, but nothing will change- after Dk and Kamasylve hype will die- we will go back to play life skills afk 24/7 once again... And MMO where 90% of players are afk 24/7 is not mmo at all...

Posted

I saw someone in the game chat shouting kzarka weapon for pearl, and I was thinking how does that even work because there is no 100% chance you will get the item through pre order.

I saw that post too, but what hit me was it was advertised as a trade. "WTT Kzarka for pearl item". But come on, it's not a trade when I pay your weapon over its price through preorder, and on top of that I have to pay real money to gift you a pearl item. Made me chuckle.

Posted

Since this thread is now useless other than to use it for the sources i gave anyone want to play some trivia?

I worked for ncsoft for 7 years after working for Wemade Entertainment.

Can you 3 degrees of kevin bacon me to our publisher?

But you have to agree to that sort of trade in the first place to get scammed. Also i really don't see anything wrong with 1k before 1k after. Even if you fail to get it to the correct person 1k pearls is still a loss for the seller.  Items that go up that are offered for pearls are generally traded for much more than 2k pearls anyway.

If you have an issue with people doing that trading i would take it up with the thread where the gm's said this kind of deal is fine.

If a person tells you 1k before and 1k if you get it and you don't get it. But you payed 1k, You were never scammed.

A deal is a deal. And the publisher supports these types of deals you agree to where you have not been scammed.

And in order to be scammed something has to happen that you didn't agree to. Things are working as intended .

So your problem is "the players in game" . And trust me it's not the ones on forum. Most players don't touch the forum.

However i will say.. There is no reason for them to change it. If you look at it from a marketing standpoint. They gain much more money
allowing and leaving this gifting system in just the way it is.  Don't worry if you have proof they will punish the scammer. And that risk is still
worth the ROI (return on investment) of making those situations able to happen. Because even if you do get scammed they still get money.
and the gm will still recover things for you. So neither of you lose anything. And the company still makes more money.

Win win for everyone. And i would be happy if i was you that gift trading exists.. Or most of these rares would NEVER go on the market

Especially dandelion weapons.

ofc they support it, more pearl sells. Not sure where they will implement the next step when you can just buy it from the pearl shop to cut the middle man.

A most cunning thing a black market dealer could do tho is to world chat a rare gem and have multiple ppl bid on the same +enchant he lists, getting max profit by getting much sweet pearls

that is a brilliant idea. Will sell a few Dandes that way, thanks for the tip. Wonder if I can hit 10k pearls per item. Poor poor peeps

Posted

( The following is very long. Is simply my opinion from years in this part of the industry, I will not provide proofs of what i say. I have spent enough time typing it. So if that bothers you already then don't bother reading it expecting it to do so. Consider it fiction if you like. I do not mind.,Feel free to move along and ignore this post )

Well i would have a few questions.  I had a small stint at a few game companies before NCSoft. And 7 years with them.

When it comes to a developer giving information/patches to publishers i have seen it work like this quite often (even on projects we subbed out to other contractors)

1.  the admin (publishers community operations manager) [ Job duties : Dole out duties to lower employees & community managers,Be the tip of the spear on public relations when it comes to a crisis of community outcry or defamation ]

2.  the (Floater) Technically having more physical power than most,but no real power [ Is one of the few if only on call to handle a hardware or software crisis with the server,Being one of the only people on call 24 7 to handle outages etc. This is usually designated to a specific employee or as with a normal job the overal operations manager or GM(gen man) will aswell.

3. a CRE (Community relations expert) Known as cm,cms etc all kinds of random names different companies use [ General day to day operational inquiries,supp tickets,handling the zoo (the customers) 

4. a CV ( Community Volunteer ) Has no real power,has no real job. This is a fluff title. It 99% of the time only exists so that when a CRE is not around they can quote a real CRE and make it sound legible to others. Literally has no purpose other than to make the community feel like they are also part of the game (Ability to get a fake title job to feel special,Empowering the community.) (sorry i do not mean to insult you i am simply speaking from my experience) (There are exceptions to every rule)

And we have oversight ,the intermediary between the publisher and developer,Many companies claim these don't exist and that they have their own intermediary and oh hes so shiny etc etc and look he talks to us and the developers, I can assure you,This usually does not exist. This is always just a PR spin to make them sound more on the ball,A good example of this is with AA they have 2 gm's that say they themselves speak directly with the developer as intermediaries. And i can 100% tell you from experience they Absolutely do not.

So how do things trickle or roll down hill? Well there are a few other outside sources that have their fingers involved but it usually looks something like this.

DEV decides X is going to happen. Oversight is told (JUST ENOUGH) Oversight relays information in a junket or in a meeting with Publishers Lower employees or the (Floater) who usually needs to fill gaps. That floater will then interpret the information and either do the smart thing and make a shorthand knowledge base for the rest of the employees on the publishing side to pull from. Or relay the information in a junket themselves after going through it and let the CRE's interpret it themselves

There are some operations managers that like to personally overlook things like these (but this is so rare i have only seen it twice,and it's never permanent)

Here's where the problem comes in. Sometimes companies like the employees to run their own interpretation of something. So that way the employee can be liable for wrongful information. So if anything ever happens or anything detrimental is caused by this CRE,Then it is the CRE's fault for the bad interpretation and by no way as bad for the publishers reputation as a whole.

Here's how this pertains to the scope of this thread. There is always a heirarchy but.. Everyone is expendable. And the turn around rate in this form of the gaming industry (CRE's in Publishing) is very high for the following reason. 

Lets say the developer releases a patch. Does not give all information (they don't have to,even if Kakao had a contract that said,we require all information in patches while we publish for you,Because there are broad stroke loopholes in contracts like this)

So they don't give all the information. Just most of it. Well then patch day comes around,a bug happens that the publisher doesn't know about. Everyone jumps on the publisher for some reason... The publisher 90% of the time has no control over what happened . Does not know why. And must now deal with the intermediary (most of the time) to get it fixed. Also it is a fair assumption that as of late the only reason a few hotfixes went out lately within such a short time (which isn't the norm) is because of their new employees abilities.

Why are you still reading this?

So now things are messed up and the community is angry. Well the CRE's don't know all the information...But they are getting pressured or passively feel pressured to keep the docile animals in the zoo (the community) happy. But NOT the loud ones. Dealing with them does no good. So the CRE's find themselves in a juggling act.

They have to answer questions just barely enough to make it seem as though they have things under control and the sky is not falling (which it isn't) To keep people happy. Well.. You can only say so much when you don't know all the information. So many times you will see multiple CRE's answer a few questions here and there and share the burden of the juggling act. Slight of hand you might say. And when a CRE gives a obviously broad answer with no definitive answer it is usually because they don't know the answer .. And that is not their fault most of the time.

Then you might think. Well why wouldn't the developer care more? And try to put in more effort..As long as people are willing to juggle. The developer keeps taking advantage of it. They are not purposely giving misinformation to the publisher. They are just busy. Mistakes will be made and 99% of the time they will never takecredit for those mistakes. 

Why are you still reading this?

But at the end of the day you guys also need to remember. Kakao also has much more vested interest in their other avenues of revenue .. BDO is a very small percentage of it. Now i am not insulting the developer or the players . I am not saying that because it isn't their #1 cash flow item that it or you should be treated worse
because BDO is not their main focus. I am not trying to devalue your dollar. You spent X $ for the game. And you deserve the game as a quality product.
But can we in 2017 try to become realists ?

I have had so many publishing posts i was in charge of as a liaison (intermediary) where the people applying patches to the servers had no idea
what any of patching information did or even how to code. They knew how to push buttons,compile,de-compile,restart networks and that was absolutely it. And that is far too common in this sector of this industry.

You can expect a game from a publisher where that game is not the #1 monetary priority to be as good as a publisher/self dev like blizzard in the form of quickly fixing/immediately broaching issues with the community as an example. You CAN expect that. But you will always be let down.

Follow the white rabbit.

I love BDO. I actually appreciate many of the CRE's here or whatever they want to call themselves here. I am not going to go searching to check.

But this isn't a kakao or pearl abyss problem, This is an industry problem. If any of you have played the most anticipated last 5 mmorpg tiles that have released 
before bdo.. Then you know exactly what i am talking about.

Why are you still reading this? You like reading novels? I suggest the dark tower series by Stephen King.

Again i have no issue with our publishers. There is so much work that CRE's do that no one ever gets to see or appreciate. Boring tedious work.
And i realize that your dollar is your dollar and you expect X for what you paid. But i think when it comes to hobbies people forget that people run
Corporations and people run businesses , And those same corporations and businesses run our games ( our hobbies ) and they are run by 
people. People constantly make mistakes large and small. Such is life.

I have typed so much here i have forgot where i have started or what flow i had to this post if i had any. I apologize.

TLDR  recipe for ramen ----> https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/722637/japanese-ramen-noodle-soup 

loved the subtle messages. Was a good read.

Posted

loved the subtle messages. Was a good read.

Thanks, Sorry was a bit chaotic and had bad bad bad flow.. Still up after 2 days of no sleep and it was so long i couldn't be bothered to read back up i would of rewrote it 50 times to try to fix it so i figured it was better to just stop and post. hehe @ subtle messages.

Posted

To me only important stat from that 1 year infograph is number of lvl 56+ chars... If that numbers are true then it means we dont have more then 50k active players on both NA and EU separately... Well its enough for game to be profitable for long time and it will not be closed anytime soon, but its average at best and for sure not number next gen mmo should aim for!! Yes they earned nice money from selling game, but it was 1 year ago and if they will not do sth to improve how they deal with NA/Eu region BDO will end up as next average mmo, one of thousands on market... They can keep ignore our problems and things we demand their attention for, but nothing will change- after Dk and Kamasylve hype will die- we will go back to play life skills afk 24/7 once again... And MMO where 90% of players are afk 24/7 is not mmo at all...

Less I'd wager, given that I (and many other people I know) have more than 2 level 56+'s. In that context, it's pretty damned scary how few still play.

Posted

Less I'd wager, given that I (and many other people I know) have more than 2 level 56+'s. In that context, it's pretty damned scary how few still play.

I was generous saying 50k players per server, thats why i said 50k max...

Posted (edited)

I lost my faith in Kakao the day I realized they pay their GMs to spend time in game discussing politics and fanning the flames of political strife online. 

2017-03-05_1396917456.thumb.jpg.99361ada

This is how my money is being spent. -.- 

I doubt they will change their stance on people being conned in pearl item exchanges. They need the extra money to pay people to voice their political opinions in game. 

Edited by Vorkrunne
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

All in all i have 24 lvl 56 + characters currently. I have two accounts each has 12 slots,and all are filled with 56+ of each class,the 13th slots do have the new DK just i have not leveled them.

I use the 2nd account for unlimited food for my main account and a few other things. as well as theory crafting and hit tests using both of my accounts at once. I have met so many people who have multiple accounts and the average person on my friendlist has at least 5 lvl 56+ on their account. I really think the numbers are fudged. the more i look at that post the more i find suspect and the more actual stats are provably wrong.

Edited by Freeway

Posted (edited)

If you object to pearls trading for seller to put it up for market then dont do it.

The best a seller can is to maximise the buyer's chance at obtaining the item.

A scam only occurs if the seller did not put the agreed item up on market after receiving pearls for it or if the buyer did not send the agreed amount of pearls after buying the item.

I will not buy items with pearls to sellers and choose to do it the old fashion way by camping at the market. There is no need for this sort of threads just because you refuse to part with pearls.

Keep playing if you enjoy the game. Quit if you dont. Simple.

Edited by Davloh

Posted (edited)

Pray tell us what does an IP ban do?

Do you know what IP is and do you realize how easy it is to change your ip? Do you realize that most companies (ISP's) use Dynamic IP's? Shit welcome to VPN's?!

HWID bans are a little harder to get by ;)

PS anyone who falls for this " Gift me pearls for chance at items".....ANY amount of perals...... is a damn fool.

I would not gift 10 cents to 99 % of this games population.

Either you accept the silver the market gives you or you can GFYS. I will get my item sooner or later, i am a patient person. Me not getting X item RIGHT NOW is not the end of the world.

Edited by Visnja

Posted

I not care if they nice ppl or not... Thats their job to give us correct answers on stuff like preorders being region specific or not... And if they cant do their job and request correct answer from PA- and they give us two different answer on same question- someone should get reprimand..

@GM_Dew @@GM_Rhotaaz

Will you guys pls correct your answers you gave us and tell us if preorders are region specify or not? Its essential for us and we need correct answer!!

The first link is a very old one, and the other 2 topic replies are more recent. We have since the first reply received more information from PA that the pre-orders are not region-specific.

I apologise for any confusion caused by this.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

The first link is a very old one, and the other 2 topic replies are more recent. We have since the first reply received more information from PA that the pre-orders are not region-specific.

I apologise for any confusion caused by this.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Thx for information, thats what we need :)