• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Auction House takes the Fun...

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey Guys and BDO Team,

i'm a lil but dissapointed about the auction house right now. If i want to buy an item that is needed for my upgrades i shouldn't
sit 30-40 min in front of the auction house to do so. The 5 min delay for Items to be placed in the auction house + the bidding
system takes the fun part of the game

Everyone wants to progress in game, want to see everything not just the window of the auction house if you get what i mean.
I don't want to blame you with the Game, it is amazing. But you should make a different system with easier ways of purchasing items.
Today i even sat 2 times in front of the auction house to get 2 items out of it which is very popular on sales right now. I do work upto
10-12 hours a day. Please don't take the fun part of the game, insert something that is useful for everyone... :(

Thanky you for your time !

4 people like this

Posted

I would imagine, at this point, that they are pretty aware that the current MP system needs some work. There are some things about it that really feel like duct-tape fixes (the bidding system and the super high tax rates, for example) as opposed to long term solutions. The problems that they are trying to correct for are undoubtedly real, but I think the current solutions that they have in the game are definitely showing themselves to not able to withstand the test of time.

It's unfortunate, but until they can implement whatever the actual long term solutions are, I seriously doubt they'd remove what is there right now as the gap could be worse than the current issues. All we can do is wait patiently for the patch that replaces these systems to come along.

Hang in there for now! I know it's frustrating, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, I'm sure.

Posted

They have a solution though, have to buy a maid so you can camp the AH and grind at the same time

Posted

Just stopping buy that someone has replied on my thread.

Yeah, i could buy a Maid tho. But i don't want to camp the auction house whereever i am in the game. If i want to purchase an item that
is needed for my upgrades i just wanna go there an buy it. I'm not talking about boss gear or very high valued items like dandelion.
Just items like sharp and hard blackstones etc. These items are needed to everyone in the first place to make progression in the game possible.

If there are no Items avalible or you getting the message after bidding phase " Failed at purchasing the Item " or " Item already sold " or even
" Only the cheapest item can be bought " then it is getting frustrating after a short amount of time.

I have set in preorders on these items on the market, but for some reason i haven't got any of those yet. Waiting a few days already.
Set the preorder price on a good value, so why there isn't none for me tho ? Would be great if they change the system to something else,
or take out the 5 min delay, so the market is full of those.

Posted

They have a solution though, have to buy a maid so you can camp the AH and grind at the same time

it is not that isi ...

i thought it would be an huge help instead it is a moderate facilitation (at least for the huge price she costs)

In general AH is to renovate deeply : it has some good ideas indeed but it is not what we need now..

For example :

IMHO economy/prices driven only by kakao it is not OK

bidding system has been created by a drunken monkey .. and ... it is not only a deeply wrong mechanism.. it has also RNG mechanics which make the situation unmanageable

Posted (edited)

Buy a transaction maid and do whatever you want while MP window is opened.

P2W

good info: If you lost the bid you don't need to wait 20 minutes cooldown to use her again. that's why I bought her. definitely worth it for who wants to minimize the p2w spending as possible .

Edited by ☠ ⓜⓐⓓⓝⓔⓢⓢ ☠

Posted

It's kinda funny that some of you seem like don't really know how a system that just benefit the "whales" work. I have been in games where economy is not regulated (Dragon Nest, for example) and THAT'S unplayable, prices go so high that any normal player can't afford to buy anything, not even upgrades.

And the bidding system can be improved, but at least it's kinda fair for all people, and bots can't really fck it.

1 person likes this

Posted

You want hards and sharps...welll you and 10 000 other people probably. So what can a developer do? Flood the market with items that are in demand? Because everyone want's to progress.

Want it? Then go and get it. They don't appear on AH from thin air someone get's theme somwhere learn where are the items youw ant and try to get them yourself. or get richer and try to preorder them.

dark_souls.thumb.jpg.94aa02f9614a3493dbe

I'm not a big fan of dark souls but that comic strip really captures the feeling I have for "gamers" these days.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I don't think the current MP need any rework, it's fine as it's now.

• The locked prices : are fantastic, and to be honest this is the first game i have played with this kind of feature, unlocking prices will only cause inflation and reduce the value of in-game Silver currency, both of this consequences can only benefits the top 1%, while alienating the casuals, new players, and those who took for a break for w/e reasons, basically this will hurt the majority of the player base, and end up driving players away, and i don't want it to happen.

If you want an open economy ? with free trades & prices, then GTFO to the 100+ of other games who do that, because this ones doesn't!

• Bidding system : is fair for everyone #fact, bots can't abuse it, low ping players can't benefits from it at the expanse of higher ping ones + biological fast reactions is irrelevant too = no possible snipping, and those who want to change the Bidding system only desire to remove the fair aspect.

If you wish for an Unfair MP, then your free to choose a different game instead.

If you can't get an item, then ask a friend or a guildy to post it, or go to the wild and gather it & craft it, or ask yourself what is the objective of the : Pre-Order system ? 

My only complaint is the long time between Notice & item going live on MP, i wish they reduce it the current 15 min to 5 min, which is more than enough for anyone who isn't at a MP to either run to the closest city, or switch characters, or move to a safe spot for the maid.

Edited by Harow
4 people like this

Posted

in fact, the market is flooded with them again, the scripts always buy just 1 item from the stack (although it's nonsense), leaving the rest for grabs, which are also bought by scripts only, because nobody else can click that fast.

you need to be lucky to win your bid, but the automated buying scripts make a huge difference.

Explain exactly how can it make a diffrence?

Choosing a winner takes place on the server not in some poor sobs basement. So in order it to happen it would have to break into the server and set itself as winner, now imagine 200 bots doing that and nobody noticing.

It can only make a diffrence in case the item goes our of bidding and it's first comes first serve. Still i was able to buy fair amount of cheap items that should've been sniped by those "bots" outside of bidding phase. Guess i'm faster then bots acording to your logic.

You have no proof of it yet you speak that nonesence in every topic regarding AH. Multiple people explained it to you and yet you remain ignorant. EMBRACE THE TRUTH!

You just suck at bidding :P .

1 person likes this

Posted

The current system is in place to prevent cheaters. I like it:)

2 people like this

Posted

Those are false acusations without any proof. I guess that is all you're good at, acusing without proof.

Luck is not in your favor and you blam everyone  around you like a spoiled brat. guess now we know who you are.

Posted

"Omg I want this hard to get rare item from the market why can't I just buy it"

"Omg whenever someone is quicker than me they MUST be using a bot"

Yeah no. You couldn't just buy gear in other MMOs, but you want to be able to just easily buy whatever you need to upgrade here? That's not how it's going to work. They'd have to absolutely ruin the supply/demand of hards and sharps and other items to make this possible for you, and that would in turn ruin the gear upgrade system.

Instead of spending half an hour camping the marketplace for something, go and gather it yourself. That's what the game favours: Doing it yourself instead of camping market.

Posted

It's kinda funny that some of you seem like don't really know how a system that just benefit the "whales" work. I have been in games where economy is not regulated (Dragon Nest, for example) and THAT'S unplayable, prices go so high that any normal player can't afford to buy anything, not even upgrades.

And the bidding system can be improved, but at least it's kinda fair for all people, and bots can't really fck it.

Man what are even talking about, thats exactly what we have in BDO right now thx to silver inflation and preorders... It doesnt matter that market prices are restricted, there is still silver inflation in game, cause we have preorders that arent restricted... In BDO prices are too high for normal players too, do you know whats current preorder for tri dandelion wizard weapon? Lately one guy preordered it for 1,5B!! Most casuals never saw this kind of money!! And yes ofc part of items go straight onto MP and you can try to buy them for normal price, but you compete with hundreds of players... Your chance to get it is less then 1%... Good luck with that... 

Fact that silver inflation and ridiculous high prices for high demand items in BDO are hidden not means that BDO is any different then other mmo on market in this area... Market price restrictions nad regulated market are here only to prevent gold selling in game, thats it... 

About Dragon Nest- at least pvp in that game is gear equalized... Who cares that you can buy your way to get better gear there? Its for pve only and who cares about pve?

Posted (edited)

i agree with the OP 100%. The only time I've had zero fun in this game is whenever I try to buy something off the marketplace. Sitting there waiting 5-15 for the item to show up, spamming bid. You'll probably lose the item, then have to repeat this mind-numbing process over and over again until you finally win or lose the urge to even want to play the game anymore.

The entire system is NOT fun, video games should be FUN.

The problem? Too low supply, too much demand on nearly EVERY damn item.

Edited by Shiyo

Posted

i agree with the OP 100%. The only time I've had zero fun in this game is whenever I try to buy something off the marketplace. Sitting there waiting 5-15 for the item to show up, spamming bid. You'll probably lose the item, then have to repeat this mind-numbing process over and over again until you finally win or lose the urge to even want to play the game anymore.

The entire system is NOT fun, video games should be FUN.

The problem? Too low supply, too much demand on nearly EVERY damn item.

So what is your solution to this problem?

Because you know you can just go and farm the item you want instead of sitting at the marketplace if it's so boring. Plenty of fun to have.

You can try to preorder the item and then you also don't have to stand around.

You can make an alt and make him wait next to the AH,

You can buy a maid and have marketplace with you all the time.

As for fun in games. Endless grinding can be fun for some but a lot of people will find it frustrating probably.

Game gives you option to have fun,

It's your choice how you decide to play and have fun. Nobody forces you to stand there at the AH it is your choice. Stop blaming the game for your choice.

Do you blame ice cream that you chose but didn't like the flavor?

Posted (edited)

I do not profit from such activity. I like to get what I want and need with my own hands.

I'm not denying scripts existence . But they don't get the impact on the market like they used to or as you claim them to have . From my experience at least as allmost all good things are either preordered (like a bot that everyone can try to set) or go into bid. I doubt that people bid then find themselfs going "meh don't really want it" and not check their bid. Also that person would have to be an actual winner. How great of a chance is that? Laws of probability say it can happen but what are the odds?

Also i click with ease even without a bid and still manage to get some items so I think number of bots has downed a lto and they're mostly set for some prize items hoping to get a shot.

I agree, no doubt it got better.

But would you really deny that many hundreds of scripts that run constantly, all day all night, don't have influence on the market? Vs. when everyone would have to manually bid/buy?

I have no problems getting what I want, or more, I just try to get it myself. It still doesn't change the fact that too many scripts are used, it's obvious like it was so obvious before. Time they add some hidden checks again in a patch.

Now watch this and finally shut up:

Edited by Spartakatz

Posted (edited)

I used to be a strong advocate of moving to a normal auction house system, but now I'm fine with things as they are.

There are certainly things that are lacking due to the removal of player trading and price control, but I prefer this system now over what we'd get if it was open. ArcheAge is a prime example of an open economy that was overflowing with multiboxing due to the ability to funnel resources to one account. You could own more land. You could receive more login rewards. You could trade more items.

The result were people with 10 or more accounts that would absolutely dominate the competition. They would make so much money that they can just buy their equivalent of a value pack for all of their accounts using in game gold (since it wasn't subject to price controls and wasn't instantly bought out).

Imagine 10 wagons moving from Trent to Altinova on auto-path and sending all of that loot to one character. Imagine opening 20 Lauren's Family boxes and Fine Accessory Boxes and giving all of them to one character. We had that in ArcheAge. We saw trains of 10 accounts on wagons doing trading on auto follow with names like bob1, bob2, bob3, bob4, etc.

Even if you disallow multiboxing, it's impossible to differentiate between multiple real players playing from one IP and a multiboxer without banning a lot of people without cause.

People are willing to spend a lot of money to get an advantage in games. Believe me unless you've got about at least $100 per month to spend on this game, you will not benefit from this change.

Believe me I'd love to give my buddy a weapon or two to help him start his career just as much as you, but that's the price we pay to get this type of game. Enjoy your single player MMO and please be happy! :)

Edited by Nifter

Posted

Plan accordingly, i guess? You don't just camp the marketplace when you're going to upgrade something on the spot.  You buy them ahead of time when you get a chance so when it's time to upgrade your gear, you're not fiddling your fingers in front of the marketplace for the items to pop up.

Posted

which are also bought by scripts only, because nobody else can click that fast.

I assume you have a source for this? Just because someone does something better than you doesn't mean it's a bot. 

Posted (edited)

Hey Guys and BDO Team,

i'm a lil but dissapointed about the auction house right now. If i want to buy an item that is needed for my upgrades i shouldn't
sit 30-40 min in front of the auction house to do so. The 5 min delay for Items to be placed in the auction house + the bidding

Everyone wants to progress in game, want to see everything not just the window of the auction house if you get what i mean.
I don't want to blame you with the Game, it is amazing. But you should make a different system with easier ways of purchasing items.
Today i even sat 2 times in front of the auction house to get 2 items out of it which is very popular on sales right now. I do work upto
10-12 hours a day. Please don't take the fun part of the game, insert something that is useful for everyone... :(

They could easily fix it by introducing (unlimited number, orders fullfilled randomly) buy orders and automatically processing those. So you could skip the whole camping AH part (while not changing the actual process). But then they couldnt sell you Maids anymore, so its doubtful it will happen. BDO is not P2W but it sure is inconvenient if you dont pay up.ANd it even goes out of its way to inconvenience you.

Edited by MajorS

Posted

Hey Guys and BDO Team,

I think your complaint can be broken down into two different parts:

1. The delay between listing and the item showing up for purchase.  I agree that it could be shorter for the non-pearl items (It's almost instant for pearl items and I've lost the window for bidding for stuff just by switching characters).  Maybe 5 minutes or so would be enough for someone who really wants an item to get back to the marketplace.

2. The items that you are trying to buy (hard and sharp shards) are in high demand. I'm sure there are people out there like me who are sitting on shards because they are priced too low imo. Unless I need quick cash, I see no point in selling them right now. On the other hand, this is something that the playerbase has a fair amount of control over.  If everyone went out for an hour a day to gather stuff, the supply of shards would increase significantly.  But again, if the price doesn't make it worth someone's time, why would they do it?

If you really find the MP that frustrating, slow down and do something else for a while.  Or place a pre-order on the stuff you want and go do what you find fun.  Progressing at the expense of having fun is going to get you burnt out.

Posted

2. The items that you are trying to buy (hard and sharp shards) are in high demand. I'm sure there are people out there like me who are sitting on shards because they are priced too low imo. Unless I need quick cash, I see no point in selling them right now. On the other hand, this is something that the playerbase has a fair amount of control over.  If everyone went out for an hour a day to gather stuff, the supply of shards would increase significantly.  But again, if the price doesn't make it worth someone's time, why would they do it?

Exactly, im sitting on hundreds of shards and thousands of regular stones. But why should i sell those, if that money is next to useless?

Posted

But again, if the price doesn't make it worth someone's time, why would they do it?

Gathering is still one of the best silver makers, during event get like 5-10 shards in 1-2 hours, plus the gathered mats.

Exactly, im sitting on hundreds of shards and thousands of regular stones. But why should i sell those, if that money is next to useless?

Money useless in the game? It's the complete opposite. All you need is money, and some exp.

Posted

russian

That's odd, I thought we were in NA/EU! Na zdorovya comrade!