• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

This forum needs better/actual moderators

26 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It's painfully obvious that there's no mods, or they work once a week for 1 hour. There is far too much trolling, shitposting, rude posts and flaming going on. I barely see anyone banned or posts cleaned up.

Please recruit or hire some actual moderators, because it's not fun to be unable to use these forums because it's ruined by kids, trolls, and bored people.

A healthy moderated forum is good for the game. What we have now is not, it's horrible. You can't even give feedback or anything to the publisher because it's full of flames and insults. Is it really that hard to moderate a forum and ban people who are rude and flaming? It shouldn't be, but it seems impossible?

Please clean up these forums.

edit: Ayl is doing a fantastic job. Keep up the good work. Ayl.

Also get some more moderators like Ayl!

Edited by Shiyo
9 people like this

Posted (edited)

While I might agree, there are a lot that have expressed they don't like to be nice. its the internet after all! Being rude is the norm!

Problem is some of the worst offenders are white-knights, so hmmm.

I think we have to just accept it won't ever get better, even though I agree a healthy community is better for all.

Edited by Luciferia
2 people like this

Posted

Well, Ayl is a volunteer moderator and seems to be doing a great job.

So that is a start. thank you Ayl!

Posted (edited)

I think it is a tough balance. Paying for more formal managers isn't something they really want to do. They have had a bunch of community moderators, and several months ago there was a boon of them helping. Most got yelled at and accused of abusing their power. So most quit eventually.

While there was one guy that was blatantly abusing his powers, [redacted]. I didn't see any evidence that others were doing harm. however the community has always been proven to be abusive, and only people getting paid can even justify the energy it takes to deal with that noise. 

It is great that Alterist and Ayl are still around.

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

Always cared about the game, and had a presence on the forums since CBT2, I also simply enjoy moderating. It isn't for everybody though, people can be rough occasionally, as I'm sure @Azta or any other moderator/past moderator can tell you. 

Being transparent and providing a moderator's perspective often helps resolve situations and foster a healthier environment I've found so that's always my goal.

I sadly don't have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week like I used to but I do actively check the forums every 30 minutes to every hour during my free time nowadays. I had to take a break from both the forums and the game for a while to get IRL sorted but I rejoined the forum team last week after I had to take my hiatus in November. 

Anyways. As I said in a different post. Reports get actively posted for the moderation staff, so that, or pinging with an @Ayl (etc.) is the best way to actually bring notice to something.

d92a10c2fd1b47bdbcb52f7abaca77c3.png

I know that I personally don't have time to check every thread in every sub-forum and still level my DK. ;) 

10 people like this

Posted

you need to learn to share, son.

Posted

flaming going

The irony is unreal, but a word of advice; just because the moderators don't ban every person you report does not mean they aren't doing anything. If you truly do want better forums, shouldn't you start by moderating yourself and not attacking people just because their opinion is different to yous? :) 

4 people like this

Posted

They did not bother to inform us about problem during 1 year anniversary boss event and you want them to moderate forum  ?

GG

Posted

Agreed

Posted

You get what you pay for.

Volunteer mods are nice and all, but they ARE just that. Volunteers.

Posted (edited)

• 6.3. Interacting with other users

• Post made with the sole purpose of upsetting or angering other users are not allowed. All posts have to be made in the spirit of mutual respect.
  • The User shall not attack or insult other users for having different opinions or for making statements the User disagrees with. Challenging the opinions or statements of other users is permitted, attacking the person holding them is not. If the User finds the actions of other users in breach of the forum rules, the Report Function should be used in order to bring the case to the attention of the moderator team. The case will then be reviewed and appropriate actions will be taken.
  • The user shall not "name and shame" other users. If a user is suspected to have broken Terms of Service / Terms of Use or taken part in fraudulent activities it should be reported directly to Kakao Games Europe by submit a support ticket.

Most users I come across don't break these rules, they dance along the grey lines, but never step over them. It seems your issue is more thought policing than anything else, or oppression of personalities that you don't agree with.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken
1 person likes this

Posted

any other moderator/past moderator can tell you. 

Now if only any of them actually showed up more then once in a blue moon. I mean other then Alterist and Azta (before he quit) I've seen another mod maybe once?

But I heard Vol Mods cant even ban or otherwise issue warning points to users, just edit or delete things. That means there are most likely repeat offenders running around the forums until the CMs get around to their case, causing more trouble. They really need to go through and refresh the Vol Mod team...

Posted

The mod(s) that deleted my posts proving ranger is one of the most capable classes right now regardless of gear with evidence, quite saddened me. 

There are barely any trolls, only the divorce advisory spambot that pops up like everyday on the board spamming shit should be ridden, this spam bot has been here since launch...

Posted

Now if only any of them actually showed up more then once in a blue moon. I mean other then Alterist and Azta (before he quit) I've seen another mod maybe once?

But I heard Vol Mods cant even ban or otherwise issue warning points to users, just edit or delete things. That means there are most likely repeat offenders running around the forums until the CMs get around to their case, causing more trouble. They really need to go through and refresh the Vol Mod team...

I'm back mother. I do check the forums extremely frequently when I'm at home. There are other moderators that're quite active besides Alterist and formerly Azta, so I wouldn't cut them out of the picture, they just moderate the non-English forums/sub-forums. 

You're not incorrect though. Moderators can hide posts, hide responses, lock posts, view reports, and edit posts. We cannot issue warnings, nor can we slam down the ban hammer.

The mod(s) that deleted my posts proving ranger is one of the most capable classes right now regardless of gear with evidence, quite saddened me. 

There are barely any trolls, only the divorce advisory spambot that pops up like everyday on the board spamming shit should be ridden, this spam bot has been here since launch...

We don't hide posts unless they're clearly baiting, spamming, flaming, or exceptionally toxic in nature. If your post got hidden, sorry to say, it's your own fault. Recreate it without breaking any guidelines/rules. At least I don't. I obviously cannot speak for anyone but myself. 

1 person likes this

Posted

@Kyna@Camriel & @Shiido are so hot...

I like so much when they are moderating me :ph34r:

2 people like this

Posted

@Kyna@Camriel & @Shiido are so hot...

I like so much when they are moderating me :ph34r:

lol

Posted

Damn Shiyo.. all your topic sujet are perfect for trolling, Just post more smart and less biaised topic

To have a conversation without troll, You have demonstrated all the arguments all concider, All explains, choose one that goes in the direction you want. Flawless,unbias and any attempt at manipulation.
you use sophisms without restraint in all your subjects actualy(In this topic too). this is a reason of so many shitposting.
You've been stigmatized.

Posted

To mod or not to mod.

MV5BMTQ3MTM3NjI1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTYx

Posted

Make me mod and all problems shall be solved.

2 people like this

Posted

Make me mod and all problems shall be solved.

Don't do it!

Her power will grow OVER 9000!

Posted

You can't even give feedback or anything to the publisher because it's full of flames and insults.

That's because most of the feedback for the publisher consists in that.

It's become a common habit nowadays to spit in your own plate and it's not like a few volounteer moderators can invert the trend of millions of internauts.

The best approach you can take is to elevate your tolerance to intolerance to a higher level.

Posted

Shouldn't you be at a rally somewhere? Sounds all too familiar. "This person's opinion doesn't match mine so I am going to say they are rude and trolling until I get my way! And then when they have something to say I will shut it down." 

I think the real problem here is that people can't handle being told they are wrong or that people may have differing opinions. 90% of the topics here are all opinionated no matter how strongly you feel about them. If this was ever actually a thing I think we would need to require people who create threads to write well-thought out messages that are backed by facts rather than the diarrhea of the mouth these people have. 

Plus there is a difference between being harassed and trolled. If you can't appreciate a good troll I am sorry for you as your life must be pretty mundane. If someone is harassing someone pretty sure the mods do a good job of filtering otherwise you would see it much more often. 

Posted (edited)

Nice stalking. By the way, when I said "delete post" I was talking about >>MY<< post. I made a pointless post by accident and I don't know if you can delete your own posts or how to, so I edited it so a mod would delete it or something. Also, opinions are allowed and never against any forum rule on any forum. Is english your first language? If not, you are being extremely rude, stalking me, and personally attacking me. There is literally NOTHING wrong in any of those quoted posts, I am simply stating my own opinion on things. So either english isn't your first language or you are intentionally trolling and should be punished.

@Ayl  is stalking of this magnitude and personal attacks + ad hominem allowed? This is pretty rude and just trying to personally attack me, so..

Damn Shiyo.. all your topic sujet are perfect for trolling, Just post more smart and less biaised topic

To have a conversation without troll, You have demonstrated all the arguments all concider, All explains, choose one that goes in the direction you want. Flawless,unbias and any attempt at manipulation.
you use sophisms without restraint in all your subjects actualy(In this topic too). this is a reason of so many shitposting.
You've been stigmatized.

No, I should not have to do that. The forums should be moderated so that people are allowed to have opinions without being flamed and personally attacked.

Edited by Shiyo

Posted

If you learned to share you wouldn't be trolled!

Posted

Nice stalking. By the way, when I said "delete post" I was talking about >>MY<< post. I made a pointless post by accident and I don't know if you can delete your own posts or how to, so I edited it so a mod would delete it or something. Also, opinions are allowed and never against any forum rule on any forum. Is english your first language? If not, you are being extremely rude, stalking me, and personally attacking me. There is literally NOTHING wrong in any of those quoted posts, I am simply stating my own opinion on things. So either english isn't your first language or you are intentionally trolling and should be punished.

@Ayl  is stalking of this magnitude and personal attacks + ad hominem allowed? This is pretty rude and just trying to personally attack me, so..

No, I should not have to do that. The forums should be moderated so that people are allowed to have opinions without being flamed and personally attacked.

You are quick to blame others while you commit acts that is borderline trolling yourself...

Im talking about your suggestion, I probably dont have to specify which one since you posted it over and over again every day in numerous topics for quite a while. Some would call that amount of spamming an act of a troll.

The rather vast amount of ppl, including me, that didnt agree with you where met mostly with "why arent you guys getting it?" types of answers and I personaly found your lack of understanding, or rather unwillingness to understand all the valid counter arguments quite annoying.