• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The bidding system needs a failstack mechanic

74 posts in this topic

Posted

You can designate 1 item to build a fail bid stack on in the marketplace section.  Everytime you attempt to bid on it and lose, you gain a failstack.  Higher fail stack = increased odds of successfully bidding on said item.  Fail stack resets when you win a bid and purchase the item.

Who says no

20 people like this

Posted

Yes.

If they are not going to fix this games HUGE GLARING supply/demand issues on literally every item in the entire game they need to add a failstack system so if I fail at winning an item 100 times, I'll eventually have a high enough chance to get it.

3 people like this

Posted

I second this motion.

1 person likes this

Posted

how many failstacks do i need to buy a dandelion?

Posted

dude...i totally have had that in my signature for a few days now!

but im sure im not even the first to suggest this. but yeah...i agree...

2 people like this

Posted

It's an interesting idea, although I wonder how that would work in the algorithms when people are bidding against each other with fail stacks. Also I can definitely see an opportunity to exploit this; if there's a way someone will find it.

Posted

It's an interesting idea, although I wonder how that would work in the algorithms when people are bidding against each other with fail stacks. Also I can definitely see an opportunity to exploit this; if there's a way someone will find it.

The biggest way to "exploit" it is, that I can see, is if you get a very high fail stack the whole pearl gifting thing will be more prominent (If you are willing to gift pearls for items, and say you have a high tet dande fail stack, you would be more willing to shell out more pearls since the chance of you getting the item is very very high).  Personally I don't see that as an issue, because to get a fail stack high you have to have failed getting it many times in the first place.

Posted

No we don't need any more bidding crap.

Fix the supply/demand ASAP. Either lower the supply of silver or increase the supply of BiS gear.

1 person likes this

Posted

Either put it back to the way it was. Or Leave it alone. 

Posted

No we don't need any more bidding crap.

Fix the supply/demand ASAP. Either lower the supply of silver or increase the supply of BiS gear.

The only way you can fix supply/demand is with a free market, and they are not willing to do that.

1 person likes this

Posted

The only way you can fix supply/demand is with a free market, and they are not willing to do that.

They trying to fix this sh1t by handing out BiS accessories and stuff every month LOL seriously that's the best they can do? Pathetic

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Ya it's -----ing stupid. We need fail stacks to upgrade. We need sharps and hards to upgrade. This stupid -----ing RNG and lack of supply has me ready to quit. The market is always dry! And Heaven forbid you should want boss gear in this -----ing game. This gear system will be its downfall if something doesn't change soon.

Edited by Stabby
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Ya it's -----ing stupid. We need fail stacks to upgrade. We need sharps and hards to upgrade. This stupid -----ing RNG and lack of supply has me ready to quit.

Yeah this is the problem, lack of supply + abusive RNG = slow death for BDO.

PPL are gonna get fed up cuz they can't buy what they want.

PPL are gonna get fed up cuz RNG prevents them from progressing.

Need fix ASAP

Edited by FapperJack
2 people like this

Posted

LOL "Lack of supply". Silly kids. 

Posted

I'd love that. And also, please don't cap the failstack percent at a ridiculously low number. :/ cap it at 50 percent

Posted

LOL "Lack of supply". Silly kids. 

logs/literally any sailboat material. 

Posted

what if i told you it already has one :ph34r:

Posted

I wouldn't mind that honestly. 

Posted

You do realize this CAN NOT ACTUALLY WORK, right? Do you even math, bro?

If there are 723 players bidding on the same item, there's no way some players can have a +30% win chance or something, gained from failstacks. The chances, combined, from all the players, have to be 100.

Also, people would just bid on random, cheap crap, and hope they'd lose the bid, just to gain failstacks. Which would lead to an even more unbalanced economy.

Posted

My prediction: the only way to get a pearl items now is by failstacking the marketplace on memory fragments, making it unable for players who don't do that to get anything. If it's item bound failstacking then I might see this work.

Posted

When they gonna ban those market bots ? YES they exist . Search the net and you find them for sale

Ban those -----ers , they ruin the entire market thing....................

Posted

logs/literally any sailboat material. 

It's all free.....go chop it....In one day i got 15% of the logs I needed without trying hard.....If you're having that much trouble you either have 1)Low gathering skills. 2)Low energy. Go work on one or the other. All the other material is obtainable through either workers or grinding. 

Standardized timber - go chop so easy.
Steel - so cheap to buy literally 1 hour of grinding or get all your workers on iron and coal....like we don't have any of those right.
Pine plywood - You kidding? Go chop manshas while farming ogres and get workers on it, there are 2 nodes.
Flax.....This is just a joke over night processing while chopping wood.

You're making it sound like this is HARD. The hardest part about his is the logs, which takes dedication in chopping wood for about a week and the actual time limit restraint per day. You have alts? use their 200 energy get energy pots, buy energy pots it'll make it go faster. I'm not going to help anymore past this if you can't do it yourself you don't deserve it.

When they gonna ban those market bots ? YES they exist . Search the net and you find them for sale

Ban those -----ers , they ruin the entire market thing....................

Yes they exist, but you cant still beat them. They are still based on RNG , the only difference is they bid on ALL items where when you go afk they keep bidding and you cant and they have a better % of getting it cause of that. You can still beat bots. I did on the old marketplace system.

Posted

I was recently thinking about replacing preorder/bidding system with queue system so that you can registered for one item, you are being placed in the queue and when it comes your turn you can buy the item. But I like your idea as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed, either failstacks or some kind of queue system.

1 person likes this