• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The bidding system needs a failstack mechanic

74 posts in this topic

Posted

This system would be interesting to be implemented into the game.

Posted

Since the idea is absolutely deranged, it's definitely something PA&Kakao can implement :S

The concept of failstacking is absurd to begin with, but than applying it to shopping in a fricken' MMO auction house, it's even more bizarre.

I just want the marketplace to function like auction houses do 99% of other MMORPG's. As in demand going up, so does the price. Demand than goes down(always), because everyone wants to sell when the price is right. Unlike now when no one wants to sell anything of value, because the price is fixed and sucks. 

Normal auction houses works perfectly in every MMORPG on the planet, besides BDO that uses some bs excuse about goldsellers and turns it into a lottery. The truth is, they just want everything to be rng.

Posted

Since the idea is absolutely deranged, it's definitely something PA&Kakao can implement :S

The concept of failstacking is absurd to begin with, but than applying it to shopping in a fricken' MMO auction house, it's even more bizarre.

I just want the marketplace to function like auction houses do 99% of other MMORPG's. As in demand going up, so does the price. Demand than goes down(always), because everyone wants to sell when the price is right. Unlike now when no one wants to sell anything of value, because the price is fixed and sucks. 

Normal auction houses works perfectly in every MMORPG on the planet, besides BDO that uses some bs excuse about goldsellers and turns it into a lottery. The truth is, they just want everything to be rng.

If you could suddenly start listing anything you wanted for any price in this game the economy would collapse.  It's the best solution when building a game from the ground up but at this point it's far too late to ever implement such a system.  And yes, gold buying/item buying would immediately become a huge issue.

The bidding system needs to be a bidding system, not a dice roll game... if an item goes to bid, let me bid as much money as i want. Highest one gets the item...

Then noobies will NEVER get the item which is exactly what this entire marketplace system is supposed to protect.

Posted

Um no 

the system is equal for EVERYBODY 

weather youre a lvl61 who plays 20hours a day and can literally bid all day long or a casual that gets only afew hours of game play and can only bid minimal time, the system now treats everybody the same

and for how much everyone hates the enchanting system, you people wanna add it to the mp system aswell? What then you gotta build 50 fs from failed value pack to be able to bid on anything in the mp to have a chance? 

Youre not entiteled to buy anything you want when ever you want on the mp, it is an open market designed to be as fair as possible to all users 

Posted (edited)

You do realize this CAN NOT ACTUALLY WORK, right? Do you even math, bro?

If there are 723 players bidding on the same item, there's no way some players can have a +30% win chance or something, gained from failstacks. The chances, combined, from all the players, have to be 100.

Also, people would just bid on random, cheap crap, and hope they'd lose the bid, just to gain failstacks. Which would lead to an even more unbalanced economy.

Great, I don't have to bother this guy did it for me. Awesome when people use logic instead of emotion to come to reasonable solutions.

EDIT: oh wow, the guy above me has logic too! Awesome! 

Edited by NotHero

Posted

Then noobies will NEVER get the item which is exactly what this entire marketplace system is supposed to protect.

I really don't care. If I am able and willing to bid more money for an item on bid I should always get the item and not have to pray that RNGesus has mercy with me.

Posted

The market system was never intended to protect the n00bs. They protect n00bs by handing out free sh1t every month.(which imo is f--king retarded)

If ur a n00b and u are not planning to go full P2W then u don't need any BiS stuff, period. What's the point of capping a TRI Orgre at 2.8 billion? No n00bs would ever need that, nor do they have enough money to buy it it the first place anyway. 

Posted

yes 100% though its hard to dertermine if failstacks work or are purly placebo.

Posted

The market would be full of needed items for upgrading items if the delay would be removed for these items.
Since the merge of all servers the market has grown huge, so why not taking it off the game and just let the people decide the price ?
Isn't the free market economy the thing we need ?

Posted

If there are 723 players bidding on the same item, there's no way some players can have a +30% win chance or something, gained from failstacks. The chances, combined, from all the players, have to be 100.

Also, people would just bid on random, cheap crap, and hope they'd lose the bid, just to gain failstacks. Which would lead to an even more unbalanced economy.

Just because you lack the imagination / knowledge of how it could work doesnt make it impossible. This is actually extremely easy to implement such a feature.

Posted

i dont like failstack mechanism (but this is my oipinion)

but in general it wouldnt work on market place because of the bot that continuosly snipe pieces...

bots will generate huge failstacks and will snipe better and better during their use...

Market bots ate annoiyng per se.. if we give them more power, they will control the market

Posted

Just because you lack the imagination / knowledge of how it could work doesnt make it impossible. This is actually extremely easy to implement such a feature.

Please explain to me, how would it work?

Posted

How about....."The bidding system should not be a thing AT ALL" ?

Seriously...
They disabled player trading , they implemented this crap against bots , what's their next step going to be like ?

There are many games out there that managed to deal with bots without having to implement this crap ;
there's no gold sellers in Tera and now BnS finally got rid of theirs too...just to pick two random examples.
BDO's developers simply need to think about a better system, hire better coders or anything...

Posted

please!!  ‌@CM_Yukimura

Posted

How about....."The bidding system should not be a thing AT ALL" ?

Seriously...
They disabled player trading , they implemented this crap against bots , what's their next step going to be like ?

There are many games out there that managed to deal with bots without having to implement this crap ;
there's no gold sellers in Tera and now BnS finally got rid of theirs too...just to pick two random examples.
BDO's developers simply need to think about a better system, hire better coders or anything...

Right and yet there is still plenty of gold seller sites for both tera and blade & soul out there >.> 

7n77hO1.jpg

Posted

You can designate 1 item to build a fail bid stack on in the marketplace section.  Everytime you attempt to bid on it and lose, you gain a failstack.  Higher fail stack = increased odds of successfully bidding on said item.  Fail stack resets when you win a bid and purchase the item.

Who says no

Better if any item have a separate failstack (well at least the blue+ quality items and the enchanted +15 and above items), it just a bunch of bytes in a DB, nothing impossible for nowadays tech level.

1 person likes this

Posted

Please explain to me, how would it work?

No problem.

In alot of MMOs loot distribution is done by each player rolling a number for an example between 1 and 1000. The highest player gets the item. In case of a tie just keep repeating the procedure. A simple failstack mechanism could now simply add your stacks to that number. Unless your stack is over 1000 it will not guarantee that you win but make it more likely with every stack, but 2 players with very high stacks will still have the same chance.

Unfortunately it will not fix the underlying problem and a failstack mechanism will only reward AH grinding. So more camping / grinding in BDO. The core problem is the supply vs. demand. Unless you fix it at the source no amount of symptom curing will get rid of the real problem.

You can designate 1 item to build a fail bid stack on in the marketplace section.  Everytime you attempt to bid on it and lose, you gain a failstack.  Higher fail stack = increased odds of successfully bidding on said item.  Fail stack resets when you win a bid and purchase the item.

Who says no

Unfortunately all you try to fix are the symptoms not the core problem. The patient is terminal and you want makeup.

Posted (edited)

Ok, there's something you're missing here.

The bidding system is a raffle. The max amount of tickets in the raffle can extend to whatever the size of the bit arrays they're using for that.

5 people start with zero failstack and each have 100 tickets. That's 500 tickets in. One persone wins, the other get 1 failstack which guarantees 10 tickets.

4 people roll with 110 tickets. Max 440. One person wins, one failstack for the others

2 new people join with 100 tickets, the remaining 3 add up with 120 tickets each. 560 max.

Result : 120 tickets = 21.43% chance of winning for 3 people /// 100 tickets = 17.86% for 2 people

For it to be fair, you'd need to have item-specific failstacks, as in Rough Stone FS can't effect Muskan's Shoes FS. Enchant level though, that'd need some proofing.

Edited by Karmek
1 person likes this

Posted

The bidding system is fine. Its RNG we don't need failstacks for it. The problem I have with the bidding system is when nobody wins the B phase and the item is posted to buy and is sold before your marketplace registers. I feel like certain channels see the item more quickly as sometimes I have all the time in the world and other times it takes 3 years to popup. 

Posted

useless , just put the highest pre-order.

Posted

It would be nice if bidding actually included a bidding mechanic similar to pre-ordering.

Posted

Seriously, this bidding cancer RNG system needs to go.

Ppl are going to leave this game because they can't handle the stress of failing to purchase time after time.

Posted

Who says no

As long as they don't monetize it I am all for it. It has to be an in game mechanic that doesn't involve any cash shop items. Period. If they implement it sans any cash shop nonsense, this is actually a good idea.

Fixing the AH by using failstacks addresses a symptom of terrible design when really we should be asking PA to do a better job in the design itself. The better suggestion is telling PA that they should be designing the AH to be great instead of terrible like it is. The thing really needs an overhaul. There are plenty of games out there that have adequate to even awesome auction houses. PA's is one of the worst I've seen actually. It's terrible design. IDK that we should be advocating a band aid for an arm that needs to be chopped off.