• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why are Donkeys still in the game? Why are they wasting space on the Horse Market?

60 posts in this topic

Posted

Simple, these things were useless when the game came out and there were no horses on the market, now they are just an annoyance that flood the horse market and waste space.

Please remove donkeys from the game.  Also they aren't breed able which is beyond stupid and wastes space.

Any chance of removing them from the game, or making it so you can't register them on the market?

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

@Pavo

Lots of donkeys = lots of new dark knights

+Players aren't registering horses as much anymore because its not worth it again.

Edited by Thinker

Posted

But they are beyond useless. You can easily buy a better horse for the same price or you can very easily tame a horse.

At release it made sense.. kind of, even than they were useless.

Donkeys don't serve a purpose in this game, whatsoever, seriously, unless you don't know horses/ wagons exist why would anyone waste time on donkeys?

Also there have been patches that mentioned not being able to register donkeys to the market, but I guess it's one of those things that aren't working, and the devs could care less.

Posted

it's super cheap storage for outposts, florin etc... also donkey saucisson is delicious.

1 person likes this

Posted

You're right. Those flood of donkeys also ruined my game's experience. Literally unplayable.

4 people like this

Posted

it's super cheap storage for outposts, florin etc... also donkey saucisson is delicious.

Whoa, you use donkeys for those extra 2-4 slots? Seriously? You trolling man!

Posted (edited)

i got one in western guard camp that i use to move the shit to hand over for money. glad it's still there from an early quest.

not everyone starts the games with 3 millions to put in a noble wagon... though idk now with all the events.

Edited by magret
bleeeh
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

A lot of these may just be the result of Players not understanding that they clicked the wrong buttons to "Sell Mount".

One thing Kakao could do right this instant to help the community solve the problem themselves:  Don't make buying the stupid things, then place the buyer on a COOLDOWN like buying a horse does  ... atleast if we had that option, one dedicated person could clean up the whole mess in 1 sweep

Edited by iller

Posted

When I looked yesterday there were three horses for sale (none higher than t2) But there was 8 pages of donkeys.  If they removed the donkeys,  with how things are now,  there won't be a horse market. 

Something needs to change there.  Either they need to make the horse market prices better,  or make the imperial market price lower. 

Posted (edited)

i swore i read a patch not that removed the ability to post donkeys on market..wast hat KR or was a dreaming?

(i am not questioning we can post them on Na/EU obviously we can)

Edited by Luciferia
1 person likes this

Posted

wastes space.

If you don't mind me asking, how exactly are they wasting YOUR space? Are you not aware that you can sell your donkeys if they're taking up space? :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

+Players aren't registering horses as much anymore because its not worth it again.

When was it ever worth the time invested training horses ?

Sure we can autoloop afk but it still takes days to level horses to decent breeding level

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you don't mind me asking, how exactly are they wasting YOUR space? Are you not aware that you can sell your donkeys if they're taking up space? :) 

Do you have a problem with me? 

When did I even mention anything about my space? Did you honestly not understand that I was referring to "space" on the market place?

Also when was I raging? Did I use too strong language for you? Did I use too many exclamation points? 

Is any sort of "criticism" if that's what you want to call is, just not allowed?

They also mentioned in past patch notes about not being able to register donkeys to the markets? 

I mean, it's not a huge deal, just a bit annoying that there are 10 pages of mounts registered, but only like 6 horses total, rest are donkeys no one will ever buy....

They don't serve a purpose in this game. I would understand if donkeys had like 16 slots and used less stamina, but got skills, to be used in trading. Now there is no point to them as you can literally go and capture a tier 1 horse easily. When game came out pple were still trying to "find" horses.

Now this isn't an issue. Esp since almost all new players get a free horse from attendance rewards.

Please explain to me, sine you seem to want donkeys and feel the need to defend them, what purpose do donkeys serve in this game?!

Edited by Pavo
3 people like this

Posted

When did I even mention anything about my space? Did you honestly not understand that I was referring to "space" on the market place?

There's no limit to the number of horses/donkeys on the marketplace, so you must have been referring to yourself. Also, another little surprise but you can actually list the marketplace by the tier of the horse so donkeys wouldn't appear at all. I understand complaining is fun, but when you're complaining about something that is your own doing it gets a bit silly. Why not complain about people being able to list +0 Elsh weapons? After all, they are useless and taking up precious marketplace space. :) 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

The real question isnt remove donkey, but make t8 with ia and drift 

but seriously, they make little to no sence with horses being so cheap and easy to get, their only use is riding them with big zerkers for the lols

Edited by Claydough
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There's no limit to the number of horses/donkeys on the marketplace, so you must have been referring to yourself. Also, another little surprise but you can actually list the marketplace by the tier of the horse so donkeys wouldn't appear at all. I understand complaining is fun, but when you're complaining about something that is your own doing it gets a bit silly. Why not complain about people being able to list +0 Elsh weapons? After all, they are useless and taking up precious marketplace space. :) 

What's your issue? You are such a blatant troll/ white knight, it's gotta be an act.

Seriously take your own advice!

Why on Earth are you so insulted by this? Why does this bother you soo much? Seriously?

Also can you over exaggerate anymore? Do you honestly think this is such a major complaint or are we just not allowed to "criticize" at all? You misunderstood what I'm talking about, but since it goes into your troll "rant" you just ran with it.  Hm.. hypocrite much?! Oh, I'm sorry I can't call you a hypocrite, because now you will pull the whole " I'm a victim of name calling" card.....

I'm tempted to report you as obviously you don't care about the "issue" you just want to troll people.

Edited by Pavo
1 person likes this

Posted

i swore i read a patch not that removed the ability to post donkeys on market..wast hat KR or was a dreaming?

(i am not questioning we can post them on Na/EU obviously we can)

Nope you didn't dream. It should have been removed: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/115518-patch-notes-october-12th/

• The following items cannot be registered at the Marketplace from now on.
      ∙ Horse Emblem: Gray Donkey

∙ Horse Emblem: Black Donkey

∙ Horse Emblem: Healthy Gray Donkey

∙ Horse Emblem: Strong Black Donkey

∙ Horse Emblem: Brown Donkey

Red

2 people like this

Posted

Nope you didn't dream. It should have been removed: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/115518-patch-notes-october-12th/

• The following items cannot be registered at the Marketplace from now on.
      ∙ Horse Emblem: Gray Donkey

∙ Horse Emblem: Black Donkey

∙ Horse Emblem: Healthy Gray Donkey

∙ Horse Emblem: Strong Black Donkey

∙ Horse Emblem: Brown Donkey

Red

Those notes are talking about the emblems being placed on the Marketplace.  Not the actual donkeys being listed on the horse market. 

2 people like this

Posted

Why hate on the donkey? :( Shrek is gonna get mad

Posted

Those notes are talking about the emblems being placed on the Marketplace.  Not the actual donkeys being listed on the horse market. 

You were able to sell the emblems on the market? never realized that... O.o i thought that they meant the horse market.

Red

Posted

What's your issue?

What's yours? You haven't answered my question. You complained that donkeys take up space on the marketplace when there's not only no limit of how many mounts can be sold, but you can also have the marketplace only display horses. As I stated, you're complaining about something that's your own doing my friend. :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

What's yours? You haven't answered my question. You complained that donkeys take up space on the marketplace when there's not only no limit of how many mounts can be sold, but you can also have the marketplace only display horses. As I stated, you're complaining about something that's your own doing my friend. :) 

How are you today

Posted

Mods since Plunge has derailed this thread and obviously has SPOKEN that I'm wrong and Donkeys aren't only necessary, but I'm an asshole for saying otherwise...

Can you guys just delete this thread?!

He wins, not gonna keep arguing with that troll.

3 people like this

Posted

I think the purpose of the donkey is for new players to use until they get a horse or cart.  The fact that there are so many of them on the horse market just goes to show that there are lots of new players in the game.  Filtering is certainly one way to find horses without having to see donkeys. 

2 people like this

Posted

thats a great clarification ,thanks!