• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why are Donkeys still in the game? Why are they wasting space on the Horse Market?

60 posts in this topic

Posted

dont take away my donkeys. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I recall completing a quest either in Western Guard Camp or Velia back when I was 18, the quest dialog was oriented to teach you a starting guideline for Trading which makes sense to receive a donkey emblem as reward and explore your first trades with it. I do know there's an amity quest for a donkey emblem in Western Guard Camp, and another in Velia (not unlocked with amity).

Cheerios ~♥

bTQ3u8R.gif

Posted (edited)

They should just allow their breeding to make faster donkey, able to carry more LT and increase their base slots and on top of that make a saddle with bags to further increase their slot capacity.
Also, if used to trade items Donkey should give more trade exp & gold and along with it, however no matter which level the player is, the donkey with trade items should be killable and the goodies should drop on ground and the level of the player shouldn't matter, be 1 or 60: if someone that isn't the owner takes em back and is going to carry them, these trade items will be tagged as stolen goodies with an increase of 200% of the effective item price that is beyond the distance or the market request.

To do that i guess we should extend that to horse, camels and the new personal boats that can be crafted in Epheria and allow the safe trade that we have now only with wagons, elephants and old boats that have a lifespan, at least we would have some interesting mechanic in game that could bring consequences and even the use of mercenaries and guilds to protect these goodies and also make donkeys less worthless, although the trade exp and the gold increase should be enough to make up for the effort to ride a donkey filled with stuffs.

Edited by Rayin
1 person likes this

Posted

i think donkeys should have a seperate sale tab so ppl are not searching through a load of those just to see if there are any horses yet again its rare you actually see a horse in the stable for sale

1 person likes this

Posted

The real question isnt remove donkey, but make t8 with ia and drift 

but seriously, they make little to no sence with horses being so cheap and easy to get, their only use is riding them with big zerkers for the lols

Hah, too true, although the really interesting thing that a mate and I noticed is that when your Zerker mounts said donkey, he shrinks!

Seriously, try it some time!

Keeping on topic, I'd like to see them re-develop donkeys by adding unique donkey skills and maybe the opportunity to run a donkey-train, with several all tied together, nose to tail. And make them able to defend themselves, as real world donkeys have a lot worse temper than horses. It would be ace to get notified that your mount's under attack only to come back and see it kicking the snot out of some mob.

Posted

Yes, the horse market is full of asses, but by now you should know better that you won't find any decent horses passed page 2..

Posted

Donkeys are -----ing cute.

Posted

it's super cheap storage for outposts, florin etc... also donkey saucisson is delicious.

how many slots a donkey got? :P

ANYWAY:

Those donkeys get there because the questline in velia hands out a free donkey.
Most of the people just put it on horse market to never check it again because 99% of the players don't care about the horse market once they have a good horse.

Posted (edited)

blah blah plunge is plunging blah blah

just ignore it/him/her

Edited by Kotaro

Posted

We should be able to breed them (along with camels), turn into a faster wagon of sorts, 

Posted

Simple, these things were useless when the game came out and there were no horses on the market, now they are just an annoyance that flood the horse market and waste space.

Please remove donkeys from the game.  Also they aren't breed able which is beyond stupid and wastes space.

Any chance of removing them from the game, or making it so you can't register them on the market?

Simple fix- add Donkey meat to cooking. My pets need organic feed and donkey meat is organic, sooooo......

You are welcome.

Posted

I think the purpose of the donkey is for new players to use until they get a horse or cart.  The fact that there are so many of them on the horse market just goes to show that there are lots of new players in the game.  Filtering is certainly one way to find horses without having to see donkeys. 

I would like a "hide donkeys" checkbox. :-)

2 people like this

Posted

I think the purpose of the donkey is for new players to use until they get a horse or cart.  The fact that there are so many of them on the horse market just goes to show that there are lots of new players in the game.  Filtering is certainly one way to find horses without having to see donkeys. 

I just used one for basic riding skill training until I got the quest to capture one. I assume most people do the same.

I did sold the ones given since who the hell even buys those from the Horse Market?

Posted

how many slots a donkey got? :P

ANYWAY:

Those donkeys get there because the questline in velia hands out a free donkey.
Most of the people just put it on horse market to never check it again because 99% of the players don't care about the horse market once they have a good horse.

5 which is enough to store every needed items for all contrib quests in florin for example, instead of blocking 2 horses or 10 cp for a warehouse acces. also easier to drive on very short distances, wagons are a PITA.

Posted

There's no limit to the number of horses/donkeys on the marketplace, so you must have been referring to yourself. Also, another little surprise but you can actually list the marketplace by the tier of the horse so donkeys wouldn't appear at all. I understand complaining is fun, but when you're complaining about something that is your own doing it gets a bit silly. Why not complain about people being able to list +0 Elsh weapons? After all, they are useless and taking up precious marketplace space. :) 

Actually +0 elsh isn't useless, can be used for fail stacking. The +1-14 are useless tho.

Posted

Actually +0 elsh isn't useless

+0 Elsh is useful for failstacking when you're guaranteed no failures until +7? Ok...

Posted

+0 Elsh is useful for failstacking when you're guaranteed no failures until +7? Ok...

For repairing the weapon ya dingus

Posted

I just shoot all my donkey's in the head and they no longer take up space. Ez

Posted

Leave my donkeys out of this!

giphy.gif

I named my last one "Buttocks".

Posted

When was it ever worth the time invested training horses ?

Sure we can autoloop afk but it still takes days to level horses to decent breeding level

BRO, don't start that again.

Posted

Just ignore the donkeys then. Easy life.

Posted

Don't touch Donkeyote!  Saving him for if the allow mounted combat with awakened weapons.

Posted

Don't touch Donkeyote!  Saving him for if the allow mounted combat with awakened weapons.

Haha, love that name :)  Mine are called things like Dobbin and... errr.. Thing

I like my donks cos they look cute and if I'm going to be killed while afk riding then I'd rather lose a donkey than one of the horses

Posted (edited)

         

Edited by Akesuke

Posted

For repairing the weapon ya dingus

So you're going to repair your +14 Elsh weapon with the 2 that are listed rather than using the weapons that are unlimited which are sold via the armourer? OP was complaining about donkeys taking up precious space on the marketplace, if donkeys are somehow taking up space then so are Elsh weapons.