• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Dark Knight Damage

55 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I would like to start by saying Im still fairly new to BDO and Im really not sure of this, which is why I am posting this here. I came to Dark Knight from Sorc, and honestly the tooltip damage on DK skills are similar to the ones on Sorc, or at least from how high I leveled Sorc. Now, I went all out when I went to dark knight, transfered my armor to DK from Sorc, sold my Sorc weapons to fund my DK weapons, etc. I have higher AP on the DK by a decent bit...say 10 or 15 higher then what I had on Sorc. Why is it that my damage feels SOOOO much worse then it did on my Sorc with similar AP and similar tooltip damage? In case this is relevant, my weapons for DK are a Duo Ultimate Yuria Kriegsmesser and a +15 Saiyer Ornamental Knot of Destruction.

Edited by Maguni

Posted

The problem is the yuria mainhand weapon, yuria is bullshit.

2 people like this

Posted

Can you elaborate on that? Is it somehow doing less damage then a weapon of similar AP? Or is there something else I dont know of? What weapon would you suggest that's not Kzarka or Liverto?

Posted

Yuria is literally wooden stick compared to krea/rosar/liverto/kzarka. 

Posted

And it would explain the extreme decline in damage? Like...AP isn't even real?

Posted

And it would explain the extreme decline in damage? Like...AP isn't even real?

Yuria has absolutely atrocious accuracy scaling meaning you're not hitting anything.

Posted

Fair enough. What Weapons would you all suggest to maximize damage in PvP and PvE without actually doing Liverto or Kzarka? Im poor.

Posted

Fair enough. What Weapons would you all suggest to maximize damage in PvP and PvE without actually doing Liverto or Kzarka? Im poor.

Liverto or Kzarka.

Anything else is meh.

Posted

Liverto or Kzarka.

Anything else is meh.

Not sure if you read the above in which you decided to quote. Not Liverto or Kzarka. Would anyone else care to help a poor struggling newb pick optimal gear?

1 person likes this

Posted

Grab acc from other sources and just truck on with Yuria until you can get a Liverto at least, imo.

Also, it might just be the skills that you're using or your level.

Shift F, your 100%, Shift rmb and shift Q is all you should really be using. Shift lmb and simple rmb maybe a little if you need KD or knock back.

1 person likes this

Posted

Grab acc from other sources and just truck on with Yuria until you can get a Liverto at least, imo.

Also, it might just be the skills that you're using or your level.

Shift F, your 100%, Shift rmb and shift Q is all you should really be using. Shift lmb and simple rmb maybe a little if you need KD or knock back.

what he said. I have weapon core with acc set bonus and red coral earrings. Just get some extra acc and yuria is boss

Posted

Ok, so now I have done testing. First I dropped the AP of my gear to what my Sorc had, but effectively gave myself an extra 18 accuracy. That....did nothing. Now Im doing the ancient weapon core and seal and that...still not much. Im not sure whats going on really. I dont think the damage drop should be this much. In case anyone is wondering my AP its 124 currently, I know, not much. I have 199 DP but thats not really the issue, I knew I would be squishy. The thing is, On Sorc, Sausans were no problem fighting them with like...114 AP. It must be the amount of hits Sorc threw out vs what the Dark Knight throws out. Like Claws of Darkness for example. I know one of the upgraded versions of it hits 9 times. Darkness Burst on the other hand for DK only hits twice. Im guessing this is why the Shift F, 100% skill, Shift rmb and Shift Q are the only skills I should be using, big heavy hitting attacks. I still dont understand though, if its down to that, Sorc is just superior, at least until DK awakening comes out. Why would the base class be so weak? Help me out here, maybe im looking at this wrong or i still just dont understand.

Posted

How many skill points do you have, and whats leveled? With 210 AP my Shift + F One shots a pack of mobs at Pirates including Crazy Jacks. because i have it maxed out. and if it doesnt, Shift + Q to finish off because down attack. i'll do Shift + RMB or Down + RMB to mark enemies and then Shift + LMB to annihilate a pack of mobs because its also maxed and does ridiculous damage. you also wanna use Lunacy of Vedir when its up; not just as a 100%. its has 100% Crit and does ridiculous damage. i have my passives maxed out too for the extra accuracy/ap, and health from Infinite Mastery. im sitting on roughly 700 SP atm and trucking through grinding higher, but all ive ever needed is Shift F and Shift Q mostly. Down + LMB is also really strong when its maxed as it gains additional hits every time it levels.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ok, so now I have done testing. First I dropped the AP of my gear to what my Sorc had, but effectively gave myself an extra 18 accuracy. That....did nothing. Now Im doing the ancient weapon core and seal and that...still not much. Im not sure whats going on really. I dont think the damage drop should be this much. In case anyone is wondering my AP its 124 currently, I know, not much. I have 199 DP but thats not really the issue, I knew I would be squishy. The thing is, On Sorc, Sausans were no problem fighting them with like...114 AP. It must be the amount of hits Sorc threw out vs what the Dark Knight throws out. Like Claws of Darkness for example. I know one of the upgraded versions of it hits 9 times. Darkness Burst on the other hand for DK only hits twice. Im guessing this is why the Shift F, 100% skill, Shift rmb and Shift Q are the only skills I should be using, big heavy hitting attacks. I still dont understand though, if its down to that, Sorc is just superior, at least until DK awakening comes out. Why would the base class be so weak? Help me out here, maybe im looking at this wrong or i still just dont understand.

DK use combo to deal damage. F>F>space>F>space>F>F>space and repeat until you are out of stamina then shift+F. I didn't play Sorc but compare to my ranger (post awakening) my DK deal more damage and grind faster.

Max out your skills (F and space, i forgot what they call, and shift+F) first and you should see the different.

Oh and for your gear, stay with your yuria until you have money for liverto. anything other than liverto or kzarka doesnt make any big difference, dont waste your money on changing to the other one.

Edited by Qmm

Posted

forget liverto, a dk is at minimum 50% crit on all hit, so you need speed, im using ...yes a yuria lvl 10, im 51 and just started to use pots on tough elites, you guys are comparing to a sorc, the dk is very different from my sorc, she does good use of the liverto, im just working on making a good Kzarka for my dk cause she want speed, now on magic, even the KR community is divided on that mather, we all know she use magic, its a fact, does it count, how different ours is from theres, nobody knows yet, didnt see any serious test yet, just wannabe experts

Posted

DK use combo to deal damage. F>F>space>F>space>F>F>space and repeat until you are out of stamina then shift+F. I didn't play Sorc but compare to my ranger (post awakening) my DK deal more damage and grind faster.

Max out your skills (F and space, i forgot what they call, and shift+F) first and you should see the different.

Oh and for your gear, stay with your yuria until you have money for liverto. anything other than liverto or kzarka doesnt make any big difference, dont waste your money on changing to the other one.

why is F/F so common in pve? its damage modifiers are low and its aoe range is small and frontal. why don't u use shift+LMB or shift+q before dropping ur shift+f?

Posted

why is F/F so common in pve? its damage modifiers are low and its aoe range is small and frontal. why don't u use shift+LMB or shift+q before dropping ur shift+f?

Yeah, I don't think that's an efficient combo for PvE. You're better off alternating Shift+Q and Shift+E before using Shift+F and Shift+LMB.

Posted

Yeah, I don't think that's an efficient combo for PvE. You're better off alternating Shift+Q and Shift+E before using Shift+F and Shift+LMB.

shift lmb knocks em down and shift+q or shift+f gets down attack modifier on it, u wouldn't have time to get off 2 attacks over the course of the knockdown so ud prioritize the hardest hitting

Posted

shift lmb knocks em down and shift+q or shift+f gets down attack modifier on it, u wouldn't have time to get off 2 attacks over the course of the knockdown so ud prioritize the hardest hitting

Sorry, I was saying spamiming F and space isn't a good combo. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

forget liverto, a dk is at minimum 50% crit on all hit, so you need speed, im using ...yes a yuria lvl 10, im 51 and just started to use pots on tough elites, you guys are comparing to a sorc, the dk is very different from my sorc, she does good use of the liverto, im just working on making a good Kzarka for my dk cause she want speed, now on magic, even the KR community is divided on that mather, we all know she use magic, its a fact, does it count, how different ours is from theres, nobody knows yet, didnt see any serious test yet, just wannabe experts

you should still aim to get both stats, speed only has the higher priority but you can easily get 4 speed from gloves + 1 from boss armor, weapon, food buff, costume or whatever.

Sorc has at least as much crit as DK and we still use crit crystals (sorc has a 40% crit buff thats easy to keep up all the time, as well as some temporary +100% buffs and 100% crit skills). Maybe after awakening DK gets even more crit and wont need crystals but atm its still worth taking imo.

Edited by Alexiel
1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry, I was saying spamiming F and space isn't a good combo. 

oh ya I agree, but every pve rotation I see has it incorporated, and I don't get it

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

oh ya I agree, but every pve rotation I see has it incorporated, and I don't get it

Shift+F and W+F are decent damage and a knockdown, maybe they mean to be using that instead? 

Honestly in PvE my rotation tends to be whatever I need it to be. I usually save Shift+Q for its healing and energy restore but beyond that, two smacks of just about anything else I have will melt packs of Desert Naga and I'm only at 143 AP.

Edited by Cardiel

Posted

Shift F is a Float that also has air attack on it, so you can then Shift Q as its a down attack for huge damage. Wheel of Fortune is an opener, you dont use it while they're already KD'd.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Shift F is a Float that also has air attack on it, so you can then Shift Q as its a down attack for huge damage. Wheel of Fortune is an opener, you dont use it while they're already KD'd.

I don't use wheel as an opener because I can get more out of opening with Shift+Q and if my aim is just to knock something down then W+F can do a better job of that.  What I use is: 

Shift+Q to stun, F+F if you want to apply a mark and also stiffen, Shift+F to float and knock down then Shift+LMB to explode marks and get a down attack in, or use Lunacy of Vedir for another down attack if you have that up instead. I'll use Shift+E or W+F if I'm going a little too fast and need a filler.

I mean with PvE you're gonna juggle skills a bit anyway. I guess wheel would be good for a massive pvp blob opener though. 

Edited by Cardiel

Posted

I don't think any F skills apply marks, and i'm pretty sure Shift+F explodes them?

I don't remember, hit 56 then left it for awakening because while the dmg is fine, the movement (and thus MP use) is worse than my awakened Valk (read: bad).