• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

For you filthy casuals asking for hardcap/gear equalizing

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You have to understand that when you reach a certain cap (soft not hard ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)), it doesn't matter if you have 1 or 2 more or less lvl or 10 more or less ap/dp.

Talking as a lvl 58 213/199/258 ninja.

Doesn't matter if I duel someone with 250 ap or 320 dp, or a lvl 60 or 61, because the game is designed so that people who wanna constantly lvl up their gear or level can do it almost infinitely without granting them an overpowered advantage compared to the trash slackers like me. That means that with my gear and level I'm able to beat anyone or close to anyone in duel even if they outgear me completely, because 213/199 ap (with red coral earrings) is enough to one combo pretty much anyone who hasn't 320+dp.

So speaking of duels whether it's in arena or in openworld, stop saying this game needs gear equalizing or hardcap, cause it doesn't.

TL;DR: at some point gear and level is pointless, just git gud.

Edit: If I haven't been clear enough the first one who cc the opponent wins in 90% of the time, 5 other percents being desync and the 5 last bad luck on evasion.

Edited by Keagghan
4 people like this

Posted

Equalizing gear doesn't matter.

Whoever grapple/stuns/daze/stiffens/knockdown first = win.

2 people like this

Posted

Exactly this. Though stats and levels help to accomplish this also.

Posted (edited)

You're telling me you can beat level 61s at level 58. Consistently, without the duel being one sided in favor of your class?

I would actually like to believe you, as someone who's highest AP milestone so far is 179, highest level being 57. I was planning to push for 59 and then pray for a soft cap increase while getting my AP to ~215 off of cheap accessories and TET boss weapons.

Edited by Xialoh

Posted

This doesn't actually happen when you get past pri armor unless you're strictly talking no pot duels which are the most worthless concept in the entire game.

Posted

well at some point it does happen anyway, burst is real in this game

Posted

Insanely stupid mechanics indeed, whoever lands that 1st hit due to desync wins. 

This is why so many high level top geared rangers are rerolling as witch/wizard or possibly dark knight. Some class is easy to land that 1st hit some are not. 

I'm rerolling from ranger to dark knight as well, this class is like basically useless with how desync screws you right now.

Posted (edited)

You're telling me you can beat level 61s at level 58. Consistently, without the duel being one sided in favor of your class?

I would actually like to believe you, as someone who's highest AP milestone so far is 179, highest level being 57. I was planning to push for 59 and then pray for a soft cap increase while getting my AP to ~215 off of cheap accessories and TET boss weapons.

I do, so you can imagine when I'll be 59, which is quite the softcap. you can't imagine how much of a difference there is between 179 and 215 ap, an between 57 and 59, but after this point it becomes way more pointless

Insanely stupid mechanics indeed, whoever lands that 1st hit due to desync wins. 

This is why so many high level top geared rangers are rerolling as witch/wizard or possibly dark knight. Some class is easy to land that 1st hit some are not. 

I'm rerolling from ranger to dark knight as well, this class is like basically useless with how desync screws you right now.

no, desync is a ----- but it doesn't give you win like that... Sometimes yes, but it isn't game changer like it was before

Edited by Keagghan

Posted

People asking for equalized gear surely have to be completely awful at the game.  Either that or they play like 10 minutes a day.

It is NOT hard to get full tri armor/weapons and some decent accessories.  At that point any class can pretty much one round somebody in awakening form.

What the hell is the point of equalized gear in an imbalanced game anyways?  This game is not built around 1v1's.  Some classes are literally broken in that regard. 

This is not an arena game.  This is not a brawler.  This is an open world massive MMO.  PvP in this game is intended to involve many people in dynamic situations.  If you want everybody running around the game world in the same equalized gear.. then.. like what?  What is even the point of playing the game at that point.

Posted

(...)

your class is pretty much entirely designed around whoever gets the first hit/cc/combo wins, and it gives you a ton of utility to get the first hit. with your 100% you could one-combo a 400 dp zerker.

there are still other classes which can do far better and allow far more mistakes or getting cc'd, especially once they out-level and out-gear you. And im not talking about wiz/wit here, those don't really leave much room for mistakes.

but yeah ... at around 200+ ap the differences become less visible, but they are still there. Do you know the main-reason why the difference seem to become less significant? because in na/eu pretty much noone even has more than 230-240 ap, if you are at 200-210 ap, you are among the 1% and chances you will ever fight (or even find) someone who actually outgears you by a lot, become astronomically small. Try finding someone who has 260-280 ap and duel them.

Posted (edited)

Nah desync is terrible still, ppl hitting you out of nowhere these days make me so sick.

You really need to stay behind the line or have block on all the time to avoid sh1t like this from happening. Too bad ranger has horrible range(plz don't tell me I should use my bow cuz the damage is trash and has no useful CC) and no block where as witch/wizard/dark knight all have frontal block on their long range awak skills. 

Edited by FapperJack

Posted (edited)

your class is pretty much entirely designed around whoever gets the first hit/cc/combo wins, and it gives you a ton of utility to get the first hit. with your 100% you could one-combo a 400 dp zerker.

there are still other classes which can do far better and allow far more mistakes or getting cc'd, especially once they out-level and out-gear you. And im not talking about wiz/wit here, those don't really leave much room for mistakes.

but yeah ... at around 200+ ap the differences become less visible, but they are still there. Do you know the main-reason why the difference seem to become less significant? because in na/eu pretty much noone even has more than 230-240 ap, if you are at 200-210 ap, you are among the 1% and chances you will ever fight (or even find) someone who actually outgears you by a lot, become astronomically small. Try finding someone who has 260-280 ap and duel them.

trust me, the 1 combo rule applies to every class in this game if you have 210+ap except if your opponent has 320+ dp or a ton of evasion without you having accuracy (then it's your mistake).

and trust me a lot of high end players have 230+ap, even some with 250 as you said, but it doesn't change shit because the first one to cc still gets the win (ap doesn't change its tankiness...)

Nah desync is terrible still, ppl hitting you out of nowhere these days make me so sick.

You really need to stay behind the line or have block on all the time to avoid sh1t like this from happening. Too bad ranger has horrible range(plz don't tell me I should use my bow cuz the damage is trash and has no useful CC) and no block where as witch/wizard/dark knight all have frontal block on their long range awak skills. 

i talk about pure 1v1 and I spend almost my whole gaming time dueling, I can tell you that desync is horrible sometimes, but overall the most skilled one gets the most wins, even as ranger

Edited by Keagghan

Posted

The reason I did drop the ranger was exactly because Ranger's bow is weak.

There is 0 skills that allow you to shoot while running, no useful range CCs and what's more, your primary skills have long casts...

And it's annoying to spam Evasive Shot all day which is your only way to properly kite, evade and do AoE damage.

To compare - as Sorcerer with Scythe I have loads of gap closers with short cooldowns and infinite +40% Crit Chance upkeep on all skills.

Posted (edited)

You have to understand that when you reach a certain cap (soft not hard ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)),

gambling never been hard, but just annoying for nothing.

it doesn't matter if you have 1 or 2 more or less lvl or 10 more or less ap/dp.

Then if AP - DP difference, for you, doesnt matter now, why are you against gear equalization, since according to you, it will doesnt change anything ?

because the game is designed so that people who wanna constantly lvl up their gear or level can do it almost infinitely without granting them an overpowered advantage

So, let me resume, you speak about pvp, but you are saying that the gear is only made for pver, pveing H24 because they need to keep up with the constant powercreep.

That keep constanly increase the gear gap, so let even less and less ppl to actualy be able to pvp because you need to be a super pve farmer.

I dont know if you release how that logic is broken xD

You just confirm that the BDO """"pvp"""" is the fake one because everything is designed around gear2win for noob pver, and not only around skill ( that no speaking about other inner issues with bad AP - DP balance )

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Posted

casual?..ahahah this word make me laugh...u think stay on a game for 10+h day is good?

Posted

casual?..ahahah this word make me laugh...u think stay on a game for 10+h day is good?

He never said any such thing.

What he did do was calling out casuals (who, by the very definition, will never be competitive) for trying to affect balance concerns.

It's not that hard to read the entire thing :(

3 people like this

Posted

gambling never been hard, but just annoying for nothing.

Then if AP - DP difference, for you, doesnt matter now, why are you against gear equalization, since according to you, it will doesnt change anything ?

So, let me resume, you speak about pvp, but you are saying that the gear is only made for pver, pveing H24 because they need to keep up with the constant powercreep.

That keep constanly increase the gear gap, so let even less and less ppl to actualy be able to pvp because you need to be a super pve farmer.

I dont know if you release how that logic is broken xD

You just confirm that the BDO """"pvp"""" is the fake one because everything is designed around gear2win for noob pver, and not only around skill ( that no speaking about other inner issues with bad AP - DP balance )

lul. I didn't say that I was against gear equalizing, I said it wouldn't change shit. Now what I know is that kakao won't equalize it because they want people to grind. This is why I make this thread so ppl wanting it can understand that it won't happen and that it isn't needed. Now pls get out of my head and start reading only what I've written. And if you say that bdo is just about gear in 1v1, start doing 1v1 at top tier, not casually, you will see that it doesn't matter.

plus pvers only need ap, and ap doesn't change shit in 1v1 as long as both players can one combo eachother.

who said I spend 10+h day in game lul? I spend like 4h a day, you don't need to play 10h to get gud at some point you know

Posted

Lol already people taking you out of context on first page. GL ,Casuals are casuals at everything BUT crying to get their way tho... Uphill battle you got with this thread.60981-Third-Party-Facepalm-meme-extr-McI

1 person likes this

Posted

forums are a lost cause, save your breath mate.

Posted

lul. I didn't say that I was against gear equalizing, I said it wouldn't change shit. Now what I know is that kakao won't equalize it because they want people to grind. This is why I make this thread so ppl wanting it can understand that it won't happen and that it isn't needed.

Actualy, if you want something that would more or less look like a decent pvp game mode, it would be more than needed. If you want a relevant pvp, and not just a joke for pver, its also needed ( on top of somes others adjustement that's certain )

if the gear gap wasnt that insane more ppl would be able to pvp => more healthy "pvp" scene, and it already would be less than a butt for everyone's joke

If ppl are resigned and "deal" with dumb game setting, that's clear, it will never happen, but if more and more ppl start to spam for equilized pvp, it would have some weight, and maybe something could happen

Posted

Don't get me wrong I'm for a perfectly fair PvP, it's just that it won't happen even if we ask for it, too many things rely on grinding in this game, and grinding is a way for kakao to be sure that ppl don't leave too soon so they can get a bit more money.

What I'm trying to do is to tell new players that even if the gear gap is stupid at the beginning, it becomes kinda pointless at some point in your progression other than showing off (at least in 1v1, in gvg nw it's a bit more dumb)

Posted

Yanno that if it wasnt for those filthy casuals this game would dead right?

Posted

I think the gear gap should be reduced not equalized if you dont think gear isn't an issue go to rbf you'll see 3-5 people with 800+ score and 30 or more with like 25 or less thats not due to skill.

Posted

some lvl 58kid calling ppl casual...

Posted

reading "filthy casuals" is already enough to know that only bullshit has been written here from a kid that wants to be a "strong pro player".

just to remember you, those players are the vast majority and keep the game alive, without them you couldn't play at all.