• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sorc 1v1

21 posts in this topic

Posted

How to beat witch / wizard , untill they run out of cooldowns i am out of stam or dead , while they have all that crap they are immune to anything ...

Posted

witches:

Step1. Dodge/Block ranged damage/float, try DoD (you never know could get lucky). Get close with shadow leap, when she start SA spam you spin in her back off cd or GRJ occasional DF.

Step2. She TP away to heal up try DoD, if it lands > gg ez. If not shadow leap towars her anyway and try to cc, unless she starts spaming combo wombo utilities, then just gtfo and kite use nightmare if need to. When buff are done she dead.

wizard:

Step1. Dodge/Block ranged damage/float. try DoD (you never know could get lucky). Get close with shadow leap, if he tries to ctaclysm dodge it s easy then he either tries helfire > grab ez dodge, or aqua jail. If aqua jail you have good chance to CC, jump in with block from C switch with uper slash and spin at the end of aqua jail, if you get him he is dead.

Step2. You failed CC on aqua jail RIP life, he TP away you try DoD etc same as witch. they often try to CC you with cataclysm after they tp when you are coming with shadow leap. 

Posted (edited)

witches:

Step1. Dodge/Block ranged damage/float, try DoD (you never know could get lucky). Get close with shadow leap, when she start SA spam you spin in her back off cd or GRJ occasional DF.

Step2. She TP away to heal up try DoD, if it lands > gg ez. If not shadow leap towars her anyway and try to cc, unless she starts spaming combo wombo utilities, then just gtfo and kite use nightmare if need to. When buff are done she dead.

wizard:

Step1. Dodge/Block ranged damage/float. try DoD (you never know could get lucky). Get close with shadow leap, if he tries to ctaclysm dodge it s easy then he either tries helfire > grab ez dodge, or aqua jail. If aqua jail you have good chance to CC, jump in with block from C switch with uper slash and spin at the end of aqua jail, if you get him he is dead.

Step2. You failed CC on aqua jail RIP life, he TP away you try DoD etc same as witch. they often try to CC you with cataclysm after they tp when you are coming with shadow leap. 

Well I know all this in theory , problem is , that they barely have any downtime where they are vulnerable , but yeah ,  I guess i just need to play witch or wizard to find out weakeneses as i have no idea what half of those skills are and which ones are front block , which are super armor , how they look and what is they downtime period without any defences ... 

Edited by HyperAgressive

Posted

Well I know all this in theory , problem is , that they barely have any downtime where they are vulnerable , but yeah ,  I guess i just need to play witch or wizard to find out weakeneses as i have no idea what half of those skills are and which ones are front block , which are super armor , how they look and what is they downtime period without any defences ... 

Yeah i guess you need to learn then. Wizard is rather easy to identify their skills, witch is a bit harder but not realy hard.

Posted

Yeah i guess you need to learn then. Wizard is rather easy to identify their skills, witch is a bit harder but not realy hard.

I have question , how often you win 1v1 vs witch with decent gear ... 

Posted

If it's good gear only all the time xD.

If it s good gear and skill i guess it s 50/50, depending on if i do mistakes. 

Posted

NO NO NO NO

never try to shadow leap into a witch or wizard, you won't have the time to do anything since the end isnt superarmor. they'll just use a 10hits stun where you arrive and there's nothing you can do about it.

the only times you can use shadow leap is to put distance between you or to chase right after their tp when all they want is get away from you and heal up

bait their cds with df-iframe spam then dance around them, outplay them. it isn't that difficult, we should have about the same amount of dmg so it comes down to skill

Posted (edited)

NO NO NO NO

never try to shadow leap into a witch or wizard, you won't have the time to do anything since the end isnt superarmor. they'll just use a 10hits stun where you arrive and there's nothing you can do about it.

the only times you can use shadow leap is to put distance between you or to chase right after their tp when all they want is get away from you and heal up

bait their cds with df-iframe spam then dance around them, outplay them. it isn't that difficult, we should have about the same amount of dmg so it comes down to skill

Shadow leap only to get closer not like in their face where they will stun you obviously, i m placing this in a context where you are away from each other at the start.

Edited by PanpanTheGreat

Posted (edited)

Shadow leap only to get closer not like in their face where they will stun you obviously, i m placing this in a context where you are away from each other at the start.

such knowledge, much skill.

OT: I don't know how the flow is in endgame pvp and what the fluency of TET vs TET is but I fought some terrible wizards with crap gear like myself and I must say wizard is fkn op forgiving sht they have like so much time to be calm cause their skills blow uo half of the screen.

But you can just keep baiting them indeed, instead of going offensive, cause if you do not get the cc and you are close range you are fked, with other classes u can pray that their acc lacks and u survive the kd, but with wiz u just know you are going to get roasted

Edited by Flaw

Posted

such knowledge, much skill.

OT: I don't know how the flow is in endgame pvp and what the fluency of TET vs TET is but I fought some terrible wizards with crap gear like myself and I must say wizard is fkn op forgiving sht they have like so much time to be calm cause their skills blow uo half of the screen.

But you can just keep baiting them indeed, instead of going offensive, cause if you do not get the cc and you are close range you are fked, with other classes u can pray that their acc lacks and u survive the kd, but with wiz u just know you are going to get roasted

Full tet with evasion witch is cancerous as fck 1v1 if the guy is good there is good chance you can't kill him.

Posted (edited)

Witch damages me or kill me only, when I make mistake. If I play this match up correctly. It is flawless victory.

Wizard is harder, dunno what makes him so different from witch for me, but I have to tryhard, lot of frontal blocking, SoA, DoD, to kill him.

In most match ups I use their spell particless to my advantage, especially wiz/wich match up.

GRJ looks like you lie on the ground, Nightmare looks like you died and staff like that.

Edited by Dellyrium

Posted (edited)

dont engage with dod, wait until they teleport and try to heal. always close the gap, use your violation super armor to power through their close range attacks, easy win.

dont use your f teleport until necessary, always maintain mobility advantage.

Edited by DotX
1 person likes this

Posted

use your violation super armor

??????????????????????????

always maintain mobility advantage.

nice joke, sorc doesn't have mobility advantage in any matchup.

the only thing we can do is slowly get closer to the witch/wiz and throw random DoDs even tho they can easily outrun us by spamming shift s or sprinting with +5 movement speed lmao.

if the wiz wants to fight you can have a chance to outplay them but if they don't there's nothing you can do about it except calling your horse and trying to charge them down.

1 person likes this

Posted

To beat either class is relatively similar, you just want to get your timings down when it comes to the engage. The major distinctions you want to respect of either witch or wiz is that Wiz has the ability to grab you. Like you he cannot move and deal a ton of AoE dmg therefore keep a moderate distance between you and him. Far enough so that he cannot run up and grab you without being able to react, and close enough so that you can immediately counter with some form of CC. You most important ability is Block against these classes. How much dmg you can soak depends on your DP. Stay calm during the fight and pay close attention to how much you can safely take, while still having enough left for any frontal block abilities. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT execute a sub-optimal violation. You're not killing a witch or a wiz without using violation, just wont happen. You need to use every CC in your arsenal to guarantee a knockdown and often times a second because of their ability to recover their HP.

Typically you want to use your Violation initially that forces them to disengage and pop light house. During their cast of Light house you need to imminent DoD, to interrupt it and finish them off. I see alot of sorcs making the mistake of whiffing their violations or even worse wasting 10 spirit shards to extend it, where at which point it no longer grants you the benefit of Frontal block, etc. You have the mobility to land on them, you're gonna feel uncomfortable expending stamina to do it, but you can alleviate that with a well timed i-frame, into shadow leap -> left click-> violation. The left click is a upwards swing which allows violation to be animation canceled. Get crafty, use your nightmare at max range to get behind them, change your i-frame patterns dont just always go forwards and backwards. But make sure every i-frame is spent wisely, carefully planned with the end goal of getting as close as possible to violation on top the witch/wiz.

Cancel violation early with left click for the downwards strike for increased chance of CC as well. Also a good tip, dont spam i-frames, time them, delay them even. You i-frame to avoid a specific outcome, cognitively play as such. Dont spam i-frames because you're unsure and afraid to get hit by anything you may have missed. Be confident in your ability to read the fight and use resources wisely. Sorc doesnt get better the faster you can mash keys, it gets better the more you know how and when to execute the correct moves at the correct times. It's all about timing and precision, not speed. The fight is highly dependent on you knowing what the witch/wiz wants to do and forcing them to make that move. No matter what class you play, you can dictate the pace of the fight if you know what the other player is trying to accomplish. Have an answer for every threat they pose and you'll find it easy to make the necessary outplays to win.

1 person likes this

Posted

??????????????????????????

nice joke, sorc doesn't have mobility advantage in any matchup.

the only thing we can do is slowly get closer to the witch/wiz and throw random DoDs even tho they can easily outrun us by spamming shift s or sprinting with +5 movement speed lmao.

if the wiz wants to fight you can have a chance to outplay them but if they don't there's nothing you can do about it except calling your horse and trying to charge them down.

lolwut, i consistently beat witches and wizards above my gs, you picked a high damage high mobility class, if you dont know how to use it right thats your fault.

now however if you were complaining about not being able to beat warriors/valks thats a different story.

Posted

lolwut, i consistently beat witches and wizards above my gs, you picked a high damage high mobility class, if you dont know how to use it right thats your fault.

now however if you were complaining about not being able to beat warriors/valks thats a different story.

He was pointing out you said sorc is high mobility which is probably because you have two different conception of what mobility is.

You are considering mobility as in ability to move to evade (dodge) and gap close, whereas he is considering it as the ability to chase someone <-- that s where sorc mobility is shit.

Posted

He was pointing out you said sorc is high mobility which is probably because you have two different conception of what mobility is.

You are considering mobility as in ability to move to evade (dodge) and gap close, whereas he is considering it as the ability to chase someone <-- that s where sorc mobility is shit.

Hows about you gitgud

Posted

How to beat witch / wizard , untill they run out of cooldowns i am out of stam or dead , while they have all that crap they are immune to anything ...

hope this video helps you, ask me any questions you have regarding the matchup

1 person likes this

Posted

hope this video helps you, ask me any questions you have regarding the matchup

I would like a bit more of a write up, if you can be bothered, about your thought process when engaging Witches/Wizards. A picture might say more than a thousand words but raw video footage also has limitations.

Posted (edited)

I would like a bit more of a write up, if you can be bothered, about your thought process when engaging Witches/Wizards. A picture might say more than a thousand words but raw video footage also has limitations.

close in the distance with dark flame cancels and bait out their main cds, you want to trade as often as you can with violation but good wizards will tp out of it or hellfire into it which usually ends up in desync and getting you killed, so if they hellfire you have two choices, either disengaging, or if you know you're fast enough cancel violation with night crow straight into tbs cancel and burst them

try to snipe wizards after their tp which usually is followed up by a heal with dream of doom, or predict water sphere with dream of doom as well

other than that just manage your stamina and cds properly, kite out as much as you need and set up your cc patiently

Edited by BdoTemp1
2 people like this

Posted

close in the distance with dark flame cancels and bait out their main cds, you want to trade as often as you can with violation but good wizards will tp out of it or hellfire into it which usually ends up in desync and getting you killed, so if they hellfire you have two choices, either disengaging, or if you know you're fast enough cancel violation with night crow straight into tbs cancel and burst them

try to snipe wizards after their tp which usually is followed up by a heal with dream of doom, or predict water sphere with dream of doom as well

other than that just manage your stamina and cds properly, kite out as much as you need and set up your cc patiently

Thanks!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0