• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DO IT? Enchanting high risk?!

88 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Took me 5 tries to get to Tri Kzarka. 5 from 34 - am now at 54 when I got it. Some people say that was a waste, and I should save for a TET. If I can't get a tri, why would I ever think about TET? I'm literally pooping myself the entire time from 0 - Tri.

Also I have a 68 FS character as well from trying to Tri a Liverto long ago which lead me to quitting the game for like 2 months.

IDK how people can do this this is literally cancerous

HOW do people have the balls to do it with ogre ring or accessories in general?

Edited by Gumo

Posted

they most likely are able to get huge amounts of money daily, allowing them to afford these risks

idfw anything higher than tri gear and base accessories tbh, i remember TRIing my liverto, such a pain. as soon as i got to TRI i stopped upgrading gear myself all together and just started buying it instead. bless those ppl who upgrade and sell the gear tho

1 person likes this

Posted

I often wonder the same.

Posted (edited)

You answered your own question. Many people have quit the game because they are in the same mindset as you. They take enchanting so seriously and personally comparing their gear to others and they HAVE TO GET this next enchant or the entire game is POINTLESS. These people also take every enchantment fail wayyyy too hard. Many people go for those big enchants but only a few 1 tap it. Many of the people who have the top level gear failed many times to get there because they failed and said alright work towards the next attempt. 

For example, I failed 4 duo ogres and 3 tri attempts before I got my tri ogre but at the time everyone said I was "lucky" which in some way I was but it was partially cause I used each fail as inspiration for the next attempt. Set smaller goals and just have fun with it. Remember the feeling of OH DAMN I GOT IT rather than the bunch of I FAILED WAAHH. 

EDIT: Oh and yes there are some people who are just stupid lucky, and some people who are just stupidly unlucky but the average number of failures on an enchant is much higher than people think. 

Edited by Hype33
10 people like this

Posted

You answered your own question. Many people have quit the game because they are in the same mindset as you. They take enchanting so seriously and personally comparing their gear to others and they HAVE TO GET this next enchant or the entire game is POINTLESS. These people also take every enchantment fail wayyyy too hard. Many people go for those big enchants but only a few 1 tap it. Many of the people who have the top level gear failed many times to get there because they failed and said alright work towards the next attempt. 

For example, I failed 4 duo ogres and 3 tri attempts before I got my tri ogre but at the time everyone said I was "lucky" which in some way I was but it was partially cause I used each fail as inspiration for the next attempt. Set smaller goals and just have fun with it. Remember the feeling of OH DAMN I GOT IT rather than the bunch of I FAILED WAAHH. 

omg I'm going to puke!

3 people like this

Posted

Spares. And since this game rewards plain time spent (aka no-lifing) above anything else, it shouldn't come as a huge surprise that there are people with plenty of spares.

That said, the only advise I can give on FSing is think about it as a long-term investment and don't necessarily blow high stacks on something silly out of rage or the thought that you tried/failed so many times and it has to succeed now. Having multiple characters really helps with this.

1 person likes this

Posted

I failed TET 23 times in a row. I'm basically dead inside. 

But i do have 2 TET boss weps now tho. Gotta get the last 1 still. 

1 person likes this

Posted

3x times duo orge fails going to tri and im about to do it again xD its game enjoy it 

8 people like this

Posted

People prepare in different ways

I have my back up set which gives me 210 ap. All with cheap stuff. Now I fail expensive Shit all day long without giving a duck

Posted

I do research about the item I'm enchanting b4  attempting to. I got my Duo ogre at 44fs first attempt trying to get Hebe to TRI it was well worth the failed, same with Duo crescents and so on. After you learn the mechanic you love those fails. Got 2 Nouver to attempt for TET and see if i can get a TRI crescent doing so #ogre2painful2lose 

Posted

...when I got it..

...If I can't get a tri, why would I ever think about TET

Well, you got it. Now imagine you play a bit more, you will also get the other parts to TRI then. What next? Obviously you don't want to stall, so you go for TET.

And when going for TET, saving up FS is needed.

If you're absolutely sure that you will never enchant to TET, then don't save the FS, easy as that.

1 person likes this

Posted

i regret going for so many tets instead of just buying them at this point, blowing up the duo seraps sucked too

Posted (edited)

I have my back up set which gives me 210 ap. All with cheap stuff. Now I fail expensive Shit all day long without giving a duck

Yep, with a backup, you don't need to worry. When you fail TRI a few times, it's not much of a difference anyways to get a second piece up. And when you succeed, no problem selling the other part.

Edited by Spartakatz

Posted (edited)

17 failstacks on 7 characters all started at 10fails and can't get my liverto kriegsmesser from +12 to +13

Now I can't continue because of cancerous memory fragments and the lack of them on the marketplace...

I did however get some +15 pieces of armour while building the failstacks to 10 but it doesn't make up for the near 40+ million spent

Edited by ArgleBargle

Posted

17 failstacks on 7 characters all started at 10fails and can't get my liverto kriegsmesser from +12 to +13

Now I can't continue because of cancerous memory fragments and the lack of them on the marketplace...

simply swipe the card for some artisan memories 

Posted

You gotta do it or else you wouldn't know.  I've failed a lot of times. It's the nature of enchanting stuff in games.  Glad i'm all done with my shit for a while.

Posted

Based on info like this, I really think that TET and PEN items should go up in the MP without tax, to help the supply a bit. I can't imagine how it's possible to make any sort of profit off of these things

Posted

I'm sorry but I tried with 24 FS from 12 - 13

27 13-14

35+ 14-15

A lot of people will say this is a waste of stacks but if you know how to build failstacks its really not that bad.

I went from 1-15 losing only 60 durability.

1 person likes this

Posted

Took me 5 tries to get to Tri Kzarka. 5 from 34 - am now at 54 when I got it. Some people say that was a waste, and I should save for a TET. If I can't get a tri, why would I ever think about TET? I'm literally popping myself the entire time from 0 - Tri.

Because maybe 6 months from now you're full TRI and have a bank full of silver, sine played for a while. You feel like upgrading something. Attempting TET is the cheapest option compared to blowing up gold quality accessories.

Than you'll be infuriated over the fact that you wasted a 54 fs on TRI. I know from experience lol. Also wasted 55+ failstack on TRI(back when I was poor, unlucky and desperate). I regret that so hard today, because making a 55+ stack from scratch is seriously hard and really expensive. You need to make loads of DUO+TRI items, burn all your shards and than start failing. But in most cases some random shit upgrades and the stack goes boom.

1 person likes this

Posted

simply swipe the card for some artisan memories 

Even if I wanted to P2W with enchants it makes no difference if I can't buy any memory fragments....

1 person likes this

Posted

Based on info like this, I really think that TET and PEN items should go up in the MP without tax, to help the supply a bit. I can't imagine how it's possible to make any sort of profit off of these things

extreme luck 

Posted

Because maybe 6 months from now you're full TRI and have a bank full of silver, sine played for a while. You feel like upgrading something. Attempting TET is the cheapest option compared to blowing up gold quality accessories.

Than you'll be infuriated over the fact that you wasted a 54 fs on TRI. I know from experience lol. Also wasted 55+ failstack on TRI(back when I was poor, unlucky and desperate). I regret that so hard today, because making a 55+ stack from scratch is seriously hard and really expensive. You need to make loads of DUO+TRI items, burn all your shards and than start failing. But in most cases some random shit upgrades and the stack goes boom.

Oh silly Im sure if I'm full TRI, I'd have a couple 55+ failstacks along the way from upgrading :D

Posted (edited)

Even if I wanted to P2W with enchants it makes no difference if I can't buy any memory fragments....

buy scrolls. do scrolls. buy artisans memes. get TET. 

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

I did however get some +15 pieces of armour while building the failstacks to 10 but it doesn't make up for the near 40+ million spent

40 million is chump change. 

Serious note, mem frags sold out on EU?

27 13-14

35+ 14-15

A lot of people will say this is a waste of stacks but if you know how to build failstacks its really not that bad.

It's RNG you can build 50 fs for a +6 you get it or you don't. Failstacks are a myth created by the illuminati. 

Posted

27 13-14

35+ 14-15

I was following this guide - https://bdomaths.wordpress.com/2016/07/16/your-new-liverto-a-daunting-experience/

I thought that until +15 25 failstack was the cap ? so going to 27 makes no sense