• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Honest question about gameplay style

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok so I have been using my free week to test out multiple classes and have had  a ton of fun fighting with the action aim/dodge based combat. I am quite fond of the sorceress in particular. Grabbing large groups of mobs and just toying with them until murdering them most gruesomely. I really do like the combat style.

Here comes he caveat. I deal with logistics in real life, its my job, I don't want to deal with nodes, production, workers, logistics, etc while I play the game. So the question is, can I play this game as a pure mercenary, master the combat system and still be able to enjoy the endgame gear to match the combat. I don't need to be rich, I just need to have fun, and hopefully meaningful combat and be able to get the gear needed to keep up high level combat.

Please answer honestly, I don't need insults and people telling me to GTFO cause I don't play their way. This is my style and I am asking if its possible to play this way or if I will just be beating my head against a virtual wall unless I join the economy game.

Posted

Grinding is an excellent way to make money, and I've seen a lot of really high armor/weapon pieces make it to the MP, so honestly I can't imagine you will hit a scenario where you are not able to progress in gear because you don't have a bunch of workers and don't gather/craft.

Now, one thing you COULD run into issues on are things like boats, or other stuff that don't really sell on the MP. You may require some of that stuff to get those things, but even then you should be OK from what I've seen.

Just my personal opinion.

Posted

If you want to get end game gear, then you want lots of money.  WHich may require a ton of hours grinding.  People tend to offset this with some passive income that requires dealing with logistics.

So while its possible, it may take you longer to achieve your goals. Really depends on what you call end game gear.

If you are in no rush, you can just be casual and enjoy the trip. You don't need the best gear for most of the PVE, but if you want to master combat,  I would assume its for  PVP which requires a lot more effort.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ok so I have been using my free week to test out multiple classes and have had  a ton of fun fighting with the action aim/dodge based combat. I am quite fond of the sorceress in particular. Grabbing large groups of mobs and just toying with them until murdering them most gruesomely. I really do like the combat style.

Here comes he caveat. I deal with logistics in real life, its my job, I don't want to deal with nodes, production, workers, logistics, etc while I play the game. So the question is, can I play this game as a pure mercenary, master the combat system and still be able to enjoy the endgame gear to match the combat. I don't need to be rich, I just need to have fun, and hopefully meaningful combat and be able to get the gear needed to keep up high level combat.

Please answer honestly, I don't need insults and people telling me to GTFO cause I don't play their way. This is my style and I am asking if its possible to play this way or if I will just be beating my head against a virtual wall unless I join the economy game.

At its core BDO doesnt have 1 set playstyle, we all play it for various reasons, and better yet there are various ways to aquire wealth. So if you purely want to do combat, then you can do that. Ideally Id pick 1 2 or 3 max different things to focus on that could be fun/make money for you, and combat/grinding is a very efficient way to make wealth. So yes, it's totally up to you. Take me for ex, I've mainly made my wealth from combat/grinding and getting lucky on world bosses to sell loot, while having a node/worker empire that are passively gathering items that I then quickly sell on marketplace which is easy and fast money. Could I have made more money by making materials from what workers have gathered? Absolutely, but still good money, and when you do a lot of these "quick fix" activities then it adds up.

tldr: yes grind to your hearts content, itll give u wealth while progress your char, which will also make u prepped for PvP/node&siege wars

Edited by Nacario

Posted

best way for you is to lvl 1-56 in the weekend, afk fish for relics to run for 25m+ per 5, put workers to work and cut some trees so u can process it for trade crates. save $$$ from relics runs and buy all ur tet gear to pvp!

Posted

[snip]

As tolmos says the only things that may be needed as far as lifeskills/workers/production are minuscule. Grinding is still one of the best ways to make money. That being said a lot of the other activities can be done while AFK which is why people like them. 

For instance, I can work all day and get home to about 30 -40 million from AFK cooking. 

That being said if you have plenty of time to play the game and you don't mind killing ALOT of mobs you'll probably progress the same if not faster. And lastly I can totally understand you don't want to do anything related to your job on your off time although I wouldn't ignore this part of the game since I doubt it is as intensive or strenuous as your IRL job, if you don't like it you can always drop it. 

best way for you is to lvl 1-56 in the weekend, afk fish for relics to run for 25m+ per 5, put workers to work and cut some trees so u can process it for trade crates. save $$$ from relics runs and buy all ur tet gear to pvp!

Yeah thats after he jumps off a cliff from doing relics 

Posted (edited)

As tolmos says the only things that may be needed as far as lifeskills/workers/production are minuscule. Grinding is still one of the best ways to make money. That being said a lot of the other activities can be done while AFK which is why people like them. 

For instance, I can work all day and get home to about 30 -40 million from AFK cooking. 

That being said if you have plenty of time to play the game and you don't mind killing ALOT of mobs you'll probably progress the same if not faster. And lastly I can totally understand you don't want to do anything related to your job on your off time although I wouldn't ignore this part of the game since I doubt it is as intensive or strenuous as your IRL job, if you don't like it you can always drop it. 

afk cooking? After 1 hour u need a new advanced cooking tool

Edited by give ninja/kunoichi :3
1 person likes this

Posted

Oh, is that what you call gathering deer meat/skin/blood near Saunil Camp? :-P

OP, that is entirely up to you.

Worst case scenario, you could set up a couple of workers at the special nodes and then just feed them beer and say "Repeat All" whenever you remember they exist.

Unless you want to do afk fishing, in which case having a node network is helpful.

Posted

Boss gear comes from Boss Scrolls and Night Vendors. The Market board is where you convert the Musa main hand you got to currency so you can buy the Sorc main hand from the Musa who got it.

The rest is micro management that you do or don't do.

And yes, Sorc got all the bad assery.

Posted

Ok so I still need to make "crates" to sell things on the Market? Hopefully I can just buy them and they wont cut in my bottom line too much. I wonder how many other little thing like this I am going to run into. Cause right now I am on the fence weather to spend the 10 bucks or not.

Posted

afk cooking? After 1 hour u need a new advanced cooking tool

There might be some guides online on how to help you with cooking. 

Weird I can fit multiple utensils in my house! Also weird theres this thing called RDP! W h o a. I dont even use advanced cooking tools there are many options now with different dura/cook times. 

Posted

Ok so I still need to make "crates" to sell things on the Market? Hopefully I can just buy them and they wont cut in my bottom line too much. I wonder how many other little thing like this I am going to run into. Cause right now I am on the fence weather to spend the 10 bucks or not.

No, crates are only to sell to trade NPCs. And you can't buy them. They don't affect your ability to buy or sell anything in the marketplace.

I feel like this is getting side-tracked from what you originally asked, but if you have any questions, ask away.

Posted

Fun is whatever you make of it.
But I honestly think that to do what you want to do at some point there will be no fun involved.

Posted

No. Crates are for Trading to the Traders, not for selling on Marketplace.
As others said, you don't need much if you want to play the game at your own pace.  You will need silver (and LOTS of it) for buying things off the Marketplace, unless you want to craft them yourself.  And some things almost never seem to be available on MP.
So, grind, gather up the loot, trash loot especially, and turn it in for silver.  Rinse and repeat.
A pet is very helpful, but not mandatory.

The bottom line is do what you enjoy, and enjoy doing it. 

Posted

Grinding is the best way to make money in this game. People just do life-skills because they enjoy them or to take some time off grinding to make some afk money. It's not mandatory in any way and afaik most people play this game without doing any lifeskilling or node setups except afk fishing maybe. 

Posted

No the things you may have to craft yourself are for instance you want a huge boat to bring out to sea and none are being sold, you need to make them or wait for them to be listed. Do some research online for games that are 10$ and then compare it to the endless hours you can spend on BDO then make a decision. If you are really teetering over 10$ you obviously have not played many games before. 

Posted

Ok thanks for the replys, I will play out the rest of my week and see how I fair at the end. I have played many games which is why I am frugal with what I do pay for. Been bit too many times by just not researching enough and spending money on stuff I play for less time then it took to earn it. 10$ may seem like a small amount but save ten, here ten there. It adds up real fast. Again thank for all who have responded I will keep it all in mind.

Posted

There might be some guides online on how to help you with cooking. 

Weird I can fit multiple utensils in my house! Also weird theres this thing called RDP! W h o a. I dont even use advanced cooking tools there are many options now with different dura/cook times. 

well you still need to go on the next tool after one is empty so you can't do it fully afk.

Posted (edited)

Here comes he caveat. I deal with logistics in real life, its my job, I don't want to deal with nodes, production, workers, logistics, etc while I play the game.

See, this is why I love the game because there are many ways to get fun out of it. :)   My favourite way to spend my time in game is organising my production and supply lines, which helps explains why I haven't leveled too much!  It's opposite to your experience, but we all enjoy the game in our own ways.  Just find your style and dig it! ;) 

Edited by Krusty

Posted (edited)

As a new player just over 5 weeks playing, I think I can help.  Traditionally in most MMO's I tend to stay away from crafting etc.  But I actually enjoy the crafting/node management in this game.  While levelling it's not that important, get a few nodes get some workers and make beer.  But once you hit 56 and have awakened you'll find getting the better gear very costly.  You then end up in a "catch 22" situation, you want better gear, you need money, but you can't efficiently grind anymore, as your gears not up to the task.

So what I basically did was suspend my levelling and concentrate on Nodes, Workers, Life Skills, and it's surprising how much money you can make.  With just 17 workers I'm clearing nearly 100mil in a week, with very little management involved.  Let workers collect materials during the week, on Friday I process, get my workers crafting, then sell over the weekend.  I still have time for node wars, guild groups, my own dailies etc.

The great thing about this game is passive income, let your workers earn you money, while you do what you enjoy.

Edited by Iscoed

Posted

As a new player just over 5 weeks playing, I think I can help.  Traditionally in most MMO's I tend to stay away from crafting etc.  But I actually enjoy the crafting/node management in this game.  While levelling it's not that important, get a few nodes get some workers and make beer.  But once you hit 56 and have awakened you'll find getting the better gear very costly.  You then end up in a "catch 22" situation, you want better gear, you need money, but you can't efficiently grind anymore, as your gears not up to the task.

So what I basically did was suspend my levelling and concentrate on Nodes, Workers, Life Skills, and it's surprising how much money you can make.  With just 17 workers I'm clearing nearly 100mil in a week, with very little management involved.  Let workers collect materials during the week, on Friday I process, get my workers crafting, then sell over the weekend.  I still have time for node wars, guild groups, my own dailies etc.

The greta thing about this game is passive income, let your workers earn you money, while you do what you enjoy.

teach me !

Posted

Just follow the game take your time, it's not a race.  You get a free worker (no housing needed) in every town/city (with the blue House Icon) first one Olivia, but skip that for a minute.  Head to Veila get the potato node, then get your free worker, get them collecting potatoes, which makes beer.  You can go back get your free worker in Olvia and get them farming g-----s.  G-----s sell for 600 or so silver, and while not great income, it's consistent.  And you just work through like that.  Once you get more established, you can process the materials into other things, trouble is usually once you go past the first processing stage, the MP cost drops, but you may sell the items faster.  Hides, blood from animals is another great seller and very achievable to a new player, problem is gathering takes energy, so as a new player your limited.  But if you have missions to kill, wolves, boars etc, farm their blood or hides for extra income.

The game can be as casual, as complex or as hardcore as you want.

Posted

As someone with full boss gear (all weapons and armor pieces), I can say it is possible to play this game and make income without the logistics part of the game. I personally don't use workers except for building forts for node wars. Your income will just have to come from actively playing the game rather than the mostly AFK income that workers and crafting will give you.

Posted

Honestly: we don't know if it's possible to play your way because we play our way. Even if we would try to assess if it was viable, we would do it following our perceptions of what is acceptable or not for us in a game, so it would be a biased opinion.

This said, IMO it all boils down to how much competition you are looking for in such a game. If you enjoy the action combat against mobs and prefer a more solo approach then yeah you can play pretty much the way you want, if you want the competition though you'll have to follow certain guidelines. Finally, if you get too much involved in competition, and happen to be unlucky... well, gg.

Posted (edited)

As someone with full boss gear (all weapons and armor pieces), I can say it is possible to play this game and make income without the logistics part of the game. I personally don't use workers except for building forts for node wars. Your income will just have to come from actively playing the game rather than the mostly AFK income that workers and crafting will give you.

Could I ask you How long have you been playing? and secondly how much do you play during the week?

I know it's possible to make good money from grinding I have Guidlies that spend from Friday evening, through to Sunday and clear the best part of 60-80million in Pirates.  I would estimate they spend probably 8 hrs on Friday, 10-12hrs on Saturday and another 8hours there on Sunday.  I personally don't have that much spare time to play the game to that extent.

Edited by Iscoed

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0