• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Please Don't bring Fixed Trade Crate prices to NA or EU version of the game

Trade Crate Nerf Incoming! voice your opinion on the matter!   31 votes

1. 1. Do you want the KR trade crate nerf of fixing all trade crate prices down to 100% to come to NA or EU version of the game?

• NO! please do not bring this nerf to the NA/EU version of the game!!!
    • Yes, I don't mind the nerf or how it will undermine the trading (and related) life skill(s).

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Many people may not know of this Trade Nerf/Over Regulation that was just released in Korea but there is a Nerf coming which fixes the price of trade crates such as Calpheon wood crates to a fixed 100% price. 

This is very bad for the game.  We already have WAY TOO MANY THING REGULATED already in this over regulated game.  Regulated marketplace, no trading, overbearing Karma system limiting PvP etc.  The last thing we need is a nerf to the trade crate prices.  Having at least some what of a free market that fluctuates up and down is one of the challenges of trading.  It's a Risk and reward aspect of the game.  And the key word here is GAME.   Half the fun of trading is swapping channels and finding the best price and hunting for that 130% rate.  By fixing the prices at 100% you basically remove that variable and make that content static and stagnant.  It becomes boring and not profitable enough for your investment of time.   Players will simply stop trading those crates in favor of other more profitable and interesting ways to make money. 

Essentially fixing trade prices is killing that aspect of the game.  You might as well remove trade crates from the game entirely because you've effectively killed the depth of gameplay for those items. For a game with such in depth life skill trees it makes absolutely NO sense to kill trading even further by removing all of the variables, challenge and profitability of the trading life skill tree. The profitability of Trade crates is one of the main motivating forces causing players to branch out into the trading life skill tree (end hence playing the game more instead of quitting the game out of boredom of grinding mobs) in order to get master 2 trading for the big profits you can make.  By fixing trade crate prices you kill most of the motivation to level the trading life skill unless you're a dedicated Fisherman and even then not so much. 

This nerf will kill trade crates and killing trade crates is also going to have a ripple effect to other aspects of the game.  For instance killing the profitability of Calpheon wood crates is basically going to cause many players to stop harvesting and processing those woods used in creating them.  And this will occur for any such trade crates in the game.  

So we ask you Kakao and Pearl Abyss: Do NOT bring the trade crate price nerf to NA or EU.  

Thank you. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Yawn this is a buff. No more switching 20 channel to sell 500 crates

Posted

I hope they'll bring this change as soon as possible. Having to change channels so many times to sell batch of crates isnt fun for me.

1 person likes this

Posted

Honestly the minimum trade prices should not go lower than 100%, or just make the % increase like 10x faster than it is now so you can wait on the channel youre already on to sell your crates.

Posted

So this removes the distance bonus completely? No bartering bonus? No desert bonus? 

Posted

So this removes the distance bonus completely? No bartering bonus? No desert bonus? 

Afaik you still get those. It's just that the base price for the crates wont go above or below 100%, so you can sell all your crates on one go without worrying about that.

Posted

Afaik you still get those. It's just that the base price for the crates wont go above or below 100%, so you can sell all your crates on one go without worrying about that.

Good. 

Posted

To be honest, I'm actually rather fond of variance in prices based upon player actions. It just sounds more in-depth and interesting than making everything flat. That's just my personal opinion, however.:D  

Posted

Just for you all know: people who voted 'yes' have absolutely no understanding of math in trading and time to income relation.

It's not the very first thing destroyed by ignorance and stupidity in this world, so all down-to-earth true traders and moneymakers will somehow make income out of it :)

Posted

we have any idea when this is landing?  ill have thousands of steel crates to dump

Posted

Would rather have a static 100% rather than selling 20 and changing channels every 15 minutes.

Occasionally when I swap channels, the crate prices are below 100%, so I have to just sit and wait to change channels again.

Posted

Setting crates to 100% removes the RNG of channel selection with a 15min penalty on a bad roll.

I do not understand how people can think that the channel bound 80-130% at the moment is actually a really good thing.

Posted

Please.. for the sake of humanity.. think!

People waste HOURS of HOURS changing channel to sell (total) 1000 crates becuase of the 130% value! 
When they change it to 100%, they can sell 1k, 10k, 100000k crates at the SAME price without waste a sh't ton of hours changing channels.. THIS IS A BUFF, NOT A NERF!

Posted

Channel switching is a pain.

Posted

Half the fun of trading is swapping channels

I guess that sums the nonsense of the OP up pretty well.

I'm sorry your fun in switching 10 channels and waiting 2-3 hours for that will be spoiled with that future patch. But everyone else will like it, because it's a huge buff for crate traders.

Posted

Me want update now!!! me will make more moneyz off these crates cus I make thousands at a time and couldn't be bothered to spend the next 5-6h flipping channels!!! :D

Posted

bring on the nerf!  i have thousands of crates i dont want to turn in 60 at a time zzzzzzz