• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm a desperate altholic, and having alts is good and incentivised in this game, but for optimising the gear progression  it is essential to reserve a character slot for a Negative Karma Alt, character purposely in a sub par status for the sole reason of de-level items for enchanting, so I feel that character slot is effectively wasted.

I'd like there would be an alternative way to do that. If we think about the matter when we are building FS we often have to "burn" DUO/TRI/etc in ad-hoc extremely adverse enchanting setups with the intent of increasing our FS above certain milestone numbers, this effectively will result most of the times (if our strategy was successful) in more FS and in the item de-levelled, so...

...  this is de-facto already similar to having an on-demand de-level option!

Pity that its usage it is limited only to TRI+ items, while to build FS we constantly need to use often +14 items. Therefore the need to reserve a character slot for that sole function.
This is for me a waste, because I cannot effectively enjoy a character in a slot which maybe I paid for, or that I might enjoy to try to play.
This is a waste also for the publisher too, for I as any player I guess, wouldn't spend money ever on that characters buying extras for him: costumes, inventory expansions, weight increase, etc, because I already know that I won't effectively use it, other that for dying repeatedly over and over, and who cares what he is wearing...

So why not having directly an option to de-level an item intentionally without having to go through all the fuss of baby growing a mostly unused negative karma alt?
What if we could call the Black Spirit or go to the Blacksmith and just find an option that with a simple push of a button delevel our "unlucky" new +15 reblath back to +14 and let us play instead all our characters like they should? 

What would effectively change? Nothing, we would do that anyway but otherwise with the negative karma alt, only  this time the game mechanics would be then unencumbered by this soft hack that has become a common use, and the game experience would be just better, so why not?

Edited by Thelma
20170421 All over edit and rethinking, original version at https://pastebin.com/uvBNpz1n

Posted

why dont you just turn one of those char into negative karma char :/ you play all of them full time? 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

why dont you just turn one of those char into negative karma char :/ you play all of them full time? 

I did, sadly had to delete my 56 ninja, but this is not especially about me, why do we have to buy a slot for a character we don't play and that we use only to hack the enchant system?

Couldn't they just give an option to go to any NPC, let's say the repair NPC: "Delevel my item", pay even a silver fee, thank you, good bye, go to enchant, repeat.

And use character slots for what they are for.

Edited by Thelma
1 person likes this

Posted

I see where you are coming from, but ultimately it is your choice to decide how you use your slots. 

Some people choose to have a red alt, some choose to have noobie alt (to avoid pvp), some choose to have one for gardening, some choose to have one for fishing, some choose to have one for training, some people just want  a free slot at all times so that they can make a temporary alt.

You are not forced to have a red alt, you chose to. If anything maybe the issue is with the enchanting system in itself and I feel like maybe you should suggest something along those lines instead.

1 person likes this