• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

WItch Boss Farming Build?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hell folks!

I leveled up my with to 56 and then *cough* changed over to a DK.  Yeah, I'll admit it.  So, with the witch not being my alt, I wanted to build her specifically to farm bosses.  Instead of my normal AoE/PvP build I was using, I was wondering if there is something you all would suggest to specifically increase my chances of a decent drop from the boss loot.  Any thoughts on how I should alter my build?

Posted

Apparently luck affects boss drop chance, and a healthy amount of ap would be needed for consistent drops(around 150 ap)

Posted (edited)

i'd say green awakening tri , main weapon +10 , jarette jewerly should be nuff.

Edited by taatsumaki

Posted

i'd say green awakening tri , main weapon +10 , jarette jewerly should be nuff.

Apparently luck affects boss drop chance, and a healthy amount of ap would be needed for consistent drops(around 150 ap)

Pretty sure OP means skill build. As in, looking for a strong single target skill build that can still dodge appropriately.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pretty sure OP means skill build. As in, looking for a strong single target skill build that can still dodge appropriately.

Awakening skill build is awakening skill build; max every awakening skill, ignore all pre-awakening attacks except for PvP CC chains.

Posted

No if not desert rat (kutum/nouver) go MMA-build for great range and op damage aswell. Here take my build. It has brought me 4 dande, 5 kzarka and 1 bheg so far this year. Gear is duo wpns, duo agerian and Jaretts. And yes I got got a 2nd alt for kutum/nouver with awaken skils.

http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/32232

Posted

No if not desert rat (kutum/nouver) go MMA-build for great range and op damage aswell. Here take my build. It has brought me 4 dande, 5 kzarka and 1 bheg so far this year. Gear is duo wpns, duo agerian and Jaretts. And yes I got got a 2nd alt for kutum/nouver with awaken skils.

Thanks for the link!  I'll be trying this out tonight..

Posted

Thanks for the link!  I'll be trying this out tonight..

Sure, it's very simple and easy and safe since all you have to do is hold down a hotkey at range, but if damage affects your chance of getting boss loot (which is unclear right now) then you're far worse off because you're going to be doing really poor damage compared to using awakening skills.

Also, you know you forgot to add MMA to the build right? xD

Posted

Sure, it's very simple and easy and safe since all you have to do is hold down a hotkey at range, but if damage affects your chance of getting boss loot (which is unclear right now) then you're far worse off because you're going to be doing really poor damage compared to using awakening skills.

Also, you know you forgot to add MMA to the build right? xD

Unless you lack gear and wouldn't be able to effectively damage bosses without dying. The awakening skills are shorter range, and MMA actually does some pretty solid damage. I personally don't use it, but I can't say it wouldn't have been a helpful tip, prior to me being able to do my awakening rotation without dying and losing out on lots more dps due to respawns.

Posted

What kind of crystals do you have in your gear?

Posted

well i've seen huge difference with my main/alt (wizard/witch)

with my main with 224 ap i was able to drop minium 1 liverto per day , sometimes 2-3.

with my alt with 117 ap awakening after 1 week of bosses, only gold bars and some crystals.

so imo the dmg makes difference.

Posted

Unless you lack gear and wouldn't be able to effectively damage bosses without dying. The awakening skills are shorter range, and MMA actually does some pretty solid damage. I personally don't use it, but I can't say it wouldn't have been a helpful tip, prior to me being able to do my awakening rotation without dying and losing out on lots more dps due to respawns.

Yeah, like I said it's obviously safer and easier, but I feel like it's important to learn how to use the character anyway so you can eventually do good damage at some point. Relying on MMA-spam isn't going to teach you how to play, especially when it's a boss alt that may not be used (and learned) elsewhere.