• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

My horse committed Suicide

17 posts in this topic

Posted

So I was Auto-piloting from Cephelon to Heidel on a horse (tier 5, return gift salami) and left computer in order to make coffee. I return back after a while just to discover my character swimming in river next to a bridge which leads to Orc camp. My horse on other hand was drowned at bottom of the river.

So, my theory is that horse felt so depressed with server connections that it drove itself off the set autopath course just to jump off the bridge while yelling ''This game is pay2win  These laggs are terrible! I don't wanna live no more!'' and jumped off the bridge to drown in painful and agonizing pain.  The end.

But in all seoriousness i do have below average connection, but having loading screens pop up every 2-10 minutes randomly to reconnect me to game is just ridicilous. It's that bad that can't set autopath course and run to destination without disconnecting every 5 minutes. Can we get better servers instead of new class please next time? These are words from contributing player.

Rest in pepperoni my salami, your lagged death will not be forgotten, only eaten.

1 person likes this

Posted

inb4 a guildie pinged the water and you autopathed right to it. Or you pressed T and it wasnt in the autopath just auto-riding. Or someone flagged and knocked you off course. I doubt this has to do with the servers. Although yes the desync and disconnects are a real problem that should be fixed. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Happens a lot. Especially during afk horse training. Other players can bump you off the road with every nudge. It probably wasnt intentional. But you can intentionally kill AFK people by moving their AFK bodies to different parts of the map.

Posted

inb4 a guildie pinged the water and you autopathed right to it. Or you pressed T and it wasnt in the autopath just auto-riding. Or someone flagged and knocked you off course. I doubt this has to do with the servers. Although yes the desync and disconnects are a real problem that should be fixed. 

Pinged Heidel warehouse master, then pressed T and left. Horse ended up in river in between destinations. There are sometimes thoose silly miss clicks but this time made sure it's correct and zoomed all the way to click the right guy. 

Posted

Pinged Heidel warehouse master, then pressed T and left. Horse ended up in river in between destinations. There are sometimes thoose silly miss clicks but this time made sure it's correct and zoomed all the way to click the right guy. 

Then I will go with the ALT +C option. I have to try this one though. I always ride my horse while flagged but haven't managed to knock someone into a river. That's awesome. 

Posted

Then I will go with the ALT +C option. I have to try this one though. I always ride my horse while flagged but haven't managed to knock someone into a river. That's awesome. 

Trolling intensifies xD

Posted (edited)

I thought guild pings don't interfere when your auto-loop is on?

Edited by Lorskie

Posted

I noticed when lagging my horse starts to sway when autopathing, might be that.

Posted

Happened again, just lagged and ended up in random ''close to road puddle''. This is ridicilous xD

Guild pings? wat?

Posted

Guild pings? wat?

What is it that you didn't understand?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've never had a horse go over a cliff or into water from a desync. Whenever I come back to find that a desync has unhorsed me, my horse is always a bit down the Auto-Path that I was following, but never seemed to leave that path. And my preferred Auto-Path/Auto-Loop is nothing but high cliffs and bridges, but it has a lot of long straight stretches to maximize exp gain, and it's out of the way enough that encountering another player who finds it amusing to disrupt my AFK training is minimal (if existent at all). In fact, I've never seen my horse remotely close to looking like it was even headed in the direction that would result in falling off the cliff after a desync. The only time I've found myself unhorsed, and my horse looking remotely close to going into water or off a cliff, was when I Auto-Looped in an area with a lot of players where the likelihood of getting Charged or otherwise affected by another player was much higher. I only auto-path in areas with high player traffic if the horse has the Caution skill.

Pretty sure that during a desync, the horse continues to follow the auto-path until everything syncs up again, but then everything halts as there's no longer a rider on it at which point it just stops. But hey, that's anecdotal evidence on my part. But also an argument in favor of the Caution skill.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Pretty sure it still does unless I missed that patch. It was a problem for awhile and I don't ever remember it being fixed but again I can't confirm it. 

Posted

Pretty sure it still does unless I missed that patch. It was a problem for awhile and I don't ever remember it being fixed but again I can't confirm it. 

I'll have to look at it again.  I'm pretty sure I tested this with a guildmate before to prove to someone.  Unless that was bugged, then idk how it is now.

Posted

I'll have to look at it again.  I'm pretty sure I tested this with a guildmate before to prove to someone.  Unless that was bugged, then idk how it is now.

Be sure to triple click and not just double click.  And be in teh same channel ofc.

Posted

Be sure to triple click and not just double click.  And be in teh same channel ofc.

I hope we're all talking about auto-loop and not the one way autopath.

Posted

I hope we're all talking about auto-loop and not the one way autopath.

Well I was talking about the guild ping. Sorry for confusion. Pretty sure its a triple click that messes up guildmates paths, one or two clicks doesn't do it. 

Posted

Works bad still as of yesterday.  I do this all the time to my poor guildies...its only on purpose 7% of the time.  9_9

1 person likes this