• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Quests - where have they gone to?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

So my OH and I have made a DK, but there seems to be a lack of quests. Only production ones seems to be around. Is there a update that have removed the lower level quests now?

My quests are set to "all" so it isn't that.

Posted

Quests got gutted with the recent few updates. They were claiming to have "overhauled" the quest system to make it streamlined for new players, however - many, MANY quests got taken out. Including but not limited to: a GOOD portion of the story (it's totally in pieces now, and the lv 50 quest is to kill some fat catfishman RIP) - many beginner quests in Olvia, Velia, and Heidel, quests that grant specific knowledge topics (there's a thread about this and how these topics are no longer accessible), and others. 

The main push now seems to be just find grind areas and, well...grind. It's very unfortunate. Make do with what you have. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Quests got gutted with the recent few updates. They were claiming to have "overhauled" the quest system to make it streamlined for new players, however - many, MANY quests got taken out. Including but not limited to: a GOOD portion of the story (it's totally in pieces now, and the lv 50 quest is to kill some fat catfishman RIP) - many beginner quests in Olvia, Velia, and Heidel, quests that grant specific knowledge topics (there's a thread about this and how these topics are no longer accessible), and others. 

The main push now seems to be just find grind areas and, well...grind. It's very unfortunate. Make do with what you have. 

I actually got a quest to kill a fat catfishman on one of the small islands there on my DK. And yes, I was pushing to 56 and wasn't paying that much attention, but noticed the lack of quests. Good to know I am not the only one who noticed that :)

Edited by mafeel

Posted

yes..

and.. at lv 50 usually i killed that f****ing belemor (it was belemor his name?!)

that was good since even if u dont do all quest , the main story is visible (you meet jordine story quite in every spot)

now at level 50 they made me kill a stupid catfish , huge and hungry ..sitting ina  abad spot... but nothing epic

How can i do the old jordine story ? i want to kill him bad

ps: his name is jordine or i'm  stupidly mixing up different storyline?

Posted

yes..

and.. at lv 50 usually i killed that f****ing belemor (it was belemor his name?!)

that was good since even if u dont do all quest , the main story is visible (you meet jordine story quite in every spot)

now at level 50 they made me kill a stupid catfish , huge and hungry ..sitting ina  abad spot... but nothing epic

How can i do the old jordine story ? i want to kill him bad

ps: his name is jordine or i'm  stupidly mixing up different storyline?

http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/151/1/
His name is Belmorn, an entity who possessed Jordine's body due to Jording getting deceived by Belmorn. (Jordine's aim was to restore Serendia and destroy Calpheon so they don't put their hand on it again).

Jordine's aim might seem good at first, but after you get Balenos Adventure Journal II you learn that he was quite a ruthless character even before Belmorn invaded his body.

Posted

They should just restore the old questline.
It was good and not overwhelming at all.

The people who don't want to do the quest could easily skip them so i don't see the problem about this quests.

Posted

http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/151/1/
His name is Belmorn, an entity who possessed Jordine's body due to Jording getting deceived by Belmorn. (Jordine's aim was to restore Serendia and destroy Calpheon so they don't put their hand on it again).

Jordine's aim might seem good at first, but after you get Balenos Adventure Journal II you learn that he was quite a ruthless character even before Belmorn invaded his body.

txxxxxx

Posted

No wonder some these new players don't have souls, they haven't been immersed in the world and culture of black desert. They are no longer adventures, just "players" looking to do whatever anyone else tells them to do to be "gud".

Posted (edited)

No wonder some these new players don't have souls, they haven't been immersed in the world and culture of black desert. They are no longer adventures, just "players" looking to do whatever anyone else tells them to do to be "gud".

No time wasting, they go directly to the gear slot cash machine, Doing quest, reading all the various story take too much time, and kashkow cant milk fast, and hard enough.

Buisiness is buisiness

But they still make you waste your time everytime to call the black spirit, or spawn a boss... go figure out..

Edited by woots

Posted

Is it safe that it really is for new players too? Saw a recent stream where all the cutscenes etc were still in the game. Maybe it's just for rerollers cut down?

Posted

Is it safe that it really is for new players too? Saw a recent stream where all the cutscenes etc were still in the game. Maybe it's just for rerollers cut down?

Start of the game is largely cut even for new players. Alts don't have any cinematics nor Belmorn's quest.

Posted

No time wasting, they go directly to the gear slot cash machine, Doing quest, reading all the various story take too much time, and kashkow cant milk fast, and hard enough.

Buisiness is buisiness

But they still make you waste your time everytime to call the black spirit, or spawn a boss... go figure out..

I can honestly say that I had great time(s) in this game, I value that experience from vanilla days till now, and I still obviously like the game, otherwise I wouldn't be here. Even though I feel/felt differently about various aspects of BDO in the beginning and over the course of time. I have come to embrace more of what I enjoy and disregard, live with and play around the things that I don't. I don't usually compare different games to each other because they can offer different experiences, both good and bad, but sometimes I really miss certain aspects of aion, because I had a long history with that game, I was involved more with its "community" . What I miss most about aion was/is it's pvp (real PvX would more accurate ), not because of the pvp itself or combat system, but rather because it felt more natural and made more sense to me, an integral part of the games theme/lore; two enemy factions, sharing the same world despite having it divided between them and fighting for influence against another common enemy, was quite an adventure with friends, It was organic and fun. I wouldn't go back to it now because everything changed, time moved on, I'm playing this game game, and it is quite possibly my last MMO.

Posted (edited)

I can honestly say that I had great time(s) in this game, I value that experience from vanilla days till now, and I still obviously like the game, otherwise I wouldn't be here. Even though I feel/felt differently about various aspects of BDO in the beginning and over the course of time. I have come to embrace more of what I enjoy and disregard, live with and play around the things that I don't. I don't usually compare different games to each other because they can offer different experiences, both good and bad, but sometimes I really miss certain aspects of aion, because I had a long history with that game, I was involved more with its "community" . What I miss most about aion was/is it's pvp (real PvX would more accurate ), not because of the pvp itself or combat system, but rather because it felt more natural and made more sense to me, an integral part of the games theme/lore; two enemy factions, sharing the same world despite having it divided between them and fighting for influence against another common enemy, was quite an adventure with friends, It was organic and fun. I wouldn't go back to it now because everything changed, time moved on, I'm playing this game game, and it is quite possibly my last MMO.

Everyone is here because he like something in that game. ( even if i suspect a TONS of players still be there because they fell for that "frustrating progression addiction", that mmo capitalize more on that, than on the "fun", but well, that's a different topic. )

And that's an mmo, you can compare what X or Y mmo bring, since so far, apart from somes details, that's always a more or the same.

The last one, maybe not, depend what's coming, but for now, i see nothing interesting, i will just try out Moonlight blade when it come out, from what i've read, the game look way more healthy than BDO for many things, bc not that bad corrupted by the greed. But will see, it can be a false impression tho.

There many really well made things in BDO, but the way they push the milking further and further at the detriment of the game itself is pretty sad. And the kakao team fell so "passive"... that's... outstanding.  Anyway

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

@CM_Aethon , @CM_Yukimura

Can we get access to a dev kit which includes high-res images of major and important story characters? They can be put together an "info-graphic"-esque version of the story in whole, starting from the Goma Naru opening. There's an existing lore page, I know, but it doesn't span the entirety of the story which we saw in the old quests. New players don't have access to the game's story beyond a few quests up to Keplan; it would be nice for those that enjoy stories in games. 

Edit: Or just, talk to your team in KR and restore what we lost, please. 
A game that focuses on grinding may be enjoyable for some, but a storyline is what gives the game life. 
The storyline is the concept of the game, what started the game and pushed it to its current form. If new players can't experience that (even going back to do the quests at a later time) - it's a bit disappointing. 

Edited by Feonie